Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:17:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corbynistas descend on Whitehall and Storm Downing street  (Read 8130 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Corbynistas descend on Whitehall and Storm Downing street
« Reply #30 on December 14, 2019, 03:33:31 pm by scawsby steve »
SS.

Johnson called working class men feckless drunks.

He called gays "bum boys".

He called Muslim women as looking like terrorists.

Dominic Raab called British workers "amongst the worst idlers in the world".

Odd that you've never shown any offence at any of that.

Once again BST, you've completely missed my point. I'm talking about the reasons Labour got thumped, and sneers and insults contributed to that.

Of course I object to crass comments made by Johnson, but he's not under scrutiny for defeat.

If Labour don't learn from the mistakes they've made in the last 3 years, they'll not make the progress they need to before the next election.

It was interesting to hear comments last night by that old Labour war horse, Lord Falconer; he said that somehow "We will honour the Referendum result" morphed into "We will hold a second referendum". He was stressing the fact that the new leader has just got to be more decisive, and has got to listen to the voters.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 14, 2019, 05:01:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's what I don't get though SS.

I see your point about sneers and insults contributing to Labour's defeat.

I don't understand why sneers and insults from Johnson didn't harm him one jot.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 14, 2019, 05:12:40 pm by Sprotyrover »
You've had over nine years to get out on the streets sproty, I don't think you have it in you  :)
Well we were plunged into recession and I had witnessed at first hand the part labour played in it.
I always assumed that some of the cuts, particularly to Criminal Justice would be disastrous for the Tori’s, it is a sad indictment on the Morons running Labour that they were totally unable to exploit it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 14, 2019, 06:05:19 pm by scawsby steve »
That's what I don't get though SS.

I see your point about sneers and insults contributing to Labour's defeat.

I don't understand why sneers and insults from Johnson didn't harm him one jot.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere. Johnson's sneers and insults, as bad as they were, weren't aimed at his own supporters.

Over the next 4 years, Labour supporters desperately need to find a way to heal old wounds and come together, or the Party will be f*cked forever.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 14, 2019, 06:12:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS.

How many working class folk have voted for Johnson after he called them feckless drunks and single mothers raising feral kids?

Once again you had an opportunity to condemn that. But oddly you don't.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 14, 2019, 08:38:57 pm by scawsby steve »
SS.

How many working class folk have voted for Johnson after he called them feckless drunks and single mothers raising feral kids?

I honestly have no idea what your point is in all of this. As a Labour supporter, you need to dissect what went wrong with THEIR performance, not Johnson's. What happened with the Tories is history, gone, done with.

If you and your Party don't put right the wrongs of this election over the next 4 years, then you'll get tanked again, it's as simple as that.

Any party that gets trounced by a Tory government as poor as this one, has got to do some soul searching as to why.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 14, 2019, 09:14:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Just reading up about this attempted revolution.

17 million people voted against the Tories on Thursday and literally TENS of them turned to to demonstrate.

Haven't you got owt better to do lads?
On the footage I saw I would say several hundred disgruntled tosses who are a bit upset that they have lost the free ride they were promised and like most of the Far left 'Twittery ' they can't come to terms with reality!

Maybe they’re protesting that we now have an extreme right government who will continue the austerity policy that’s negatively affected so many people? Maybe they have a social conscience?
Maybe... they need to get a job, start paying taxes and contribute to the state instead of undermining it. Hey if things are a mess in 18 months time I will on the streets too. But not the day after the general election,its childish behaviour, they will be burning down synagogues next!

So by June 2021 sproty will be out on the streets protesting/rampaging because council funding hasn't been restored to previous levels and Austerity ended. NHS 40 hospitals built (maybe just 6) waiting lists down to a reasonable level and funding restored. Minimum wage raised. What else sproty what is your criteria that will drive you onto the streets, have you protested before?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 14, 2019, 09:27:09 pm by Sprotyrover »
Just reading up about this attempted revolution.

17 million people voted against the Tories on Thursday and literally TENS of them turned to to demonstrate.

Haven't you got owt better to do lads?
On the footage I saw I would say several hundred disgruntled tosses who are a bit upset that they have lost the free ride they were promised and like most of the Far left 'Twittery ' they can't come to terms with reality!
Err Rome wasn't built in a Day and 40 hospitals in 18 months, I doubt very much  I will have anything to demonstrate about. I foresee Police numbers up by 10,000. But there will be issues because of the ludicrous University scheme coming in which is doomed to failure.there will be plenty of money for the Znhs as the Torys Wreap the harvest of their massive majority and strong Pound Sterling. There will be massive investment in the country which will have got over the 12 month hump caused by. Brexit. And I foresee you and you lefty hums still falling out over the poorly picked Succesor to Corbyn, courtesy of Momentum !
Maybe they’re protesting that we now have an extreme right government who will continue the austerity policy that’s negatively affected so many people? Maybe they have a social conscience?
Maybe... they need to get a job, start paying taxes and contribute to the state instead of undermining it. Hey if things are a mess in 18 months time I will on the streets too. But not the day after the general election,its childish behaviour, they will be burning down synagogues next!

So by June 2021 sproty will be out on the streets protesting/rampaging because council funding hasn't been restored to previous levels and Austerity ended. NHS 40 hospitals built (maybe just 6) waiting lists down to a reasonable level and funding restored. Minimum wage raised. What else sproty what is your criteria that will drive you onto the streets, have you protested before?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 14, 2019, 11:20:34 pm by SydneyRover »
You would expect within 18 months to

1 Crash out no-deal
2 Trade deal with EU
3Trade deal with US
4 20% of police numbers promised hired
5 20% of Nurses promised hired
6 Austerity over which will mean council and any other funding returned to pre austerity levels ready for funding increases missed during last 9 years over next 3.5years.
7 Increase in minimum wages
8 NHS funding increased to cover all shortfalls created over last 9 years.
9 6 hospitals targeted and 20% of progress made.
10 Increase in overall busiiness and trade, won't be hard to beat today's levels.

Anything I've missed?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 15, 2019, 12:31:31 am by BillyStubbsTears »
SS.

I honestly have no idea what your point is in all of this. As a Labour supporter, you need to dissect what went wrong with THEIR performance, not Johnson's. What happened with the Tories is history, gone, done with.

If you and your Party don't put right the wrongs of this election over the next 4 years, then you'll get tanked again, it's as simple as that.

Any party that gets trounced by a Tory government as poor as this one, has got to do some soul searching as to why.

I'm not questioning that SS. And I will be part of that process.

My point is more a general moral one. There's a lot of rushing to complain about the odd insult from one side, with little criticism about insults from the other. That has to change if we are going to improve as a nation.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 15, 2019, 11:24:49 am by Sprotyrover »
You would expect within 18 months to

1 Crash out no-deal
2 Trade deal with EU
3Trade deal with US
4 20% of police numbers promised hired
5 20% of Nurses promised hired
6 Austerity over which will mean council and any other funding returned to pre austerity levels ready for funding increases missed during last 9 years over next 3.5years.
7 Increase in minimum wages
8 NHS funding increased to cover all shortfalls created over last 9 years.
9 6 hospitals targeted and 20% of progress made.
10 Increase in overall busiiness and trade, won't be hard to beat today's levels.

Anything I've missed?

That's great Sydney we can re visit this in 18 months now trott off and do some social work!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 15, 2019, 11:27:11 am by SydneyRover »
Activist not social worker sprot

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 15, 2019, 09:41:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
Maybe you need to cut back on your 'Activities' you just contributed to a humiliating defeat for Labour, maybe you should direct your energies to getting rid of The Momentum grip on the party, starting with yourself!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 15, 2019, 10:01:05 pm by SydneyRover »
See my alias sprot that may give you a clue  :)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 16, 2019, 11:51:39 am by Axholme Lion »
SS.

Maybe he meant the shirking class rather than the working class. There is a difference.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 16, 2019, 11:54:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
Absof**kinglutely.

I reckon none of them feckless drunks and single mothers raising feral kids voted Conservative.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:56:11 am by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 16, 2019, 11:56:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
AL.

Maybe he did. He didn't say that though. Maybe if he'd meant that, he should have made it clear.

I prefer to make my judgements on what people actually say, rather than what I'd like them to say.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 16, 2019, 12:10:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Absof**kinglutely.

I reckon none of them feckless drunks and single mothers raising feral kids voted Conservative.

Maybe that should be Asbof**kinglutely.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 16, 2019, 02:43:07 pm by Not Now Kato »
SS.

Maybe he meant the shirking class rather than the working class. There is a difference.

Absof**kinglutely.

Well, you've got to blame somebody for today's ills....

https://eand.co/this-is-how-a-society-dies-35bdc3c0b854

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 16, 2019, 09:18:41 pm by idler »
A mate just posted this on Facebook and it makes frightening reading.😳

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 16, 2019, 09:25:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And here's me thinking society dies when a parliament tries to disallow a democratic vote.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 16, 2019, 11:10:22 pm by Not Now Kato »
And here's me thinking society dies when a parliament tries to disallow a democratic vote.

What democratic vote was that then BB?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 17, 2019, 07:55:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
 The 2016 EU referendum, which was one of the largest democratic exercises in the UK’s history.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on December 17, 2019, 08:16:49 am by SydneyRover »
SS.

Absof**kinglutely.

Well, you've got to blame somebody for today's ills....

https://eand.co/this-is-how-a-society-dies-35bdc3c0b854

It tallies with what has been said by bst and others that Austrerity did the groundwork for brexit with the right wing press playing a confirmatory roll in urging people that should know better to attach blame to those on welfare and blame immigrants for all their ills. Pretty sad state of affairs really when a lying racist tw#t is seen by some as a white knight.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 17, 2019, 08:24:01 am by Not Now Kato »
The 2016 EU referendum, which was one of the largest democratic exercises in the UK’s history.

You do know that that referendum was undemocratic don't you BB?  To the point where, had it not been advisory, it would have been declared null and void.  That the government then went ahead and acted on it is unforgivable.

We did have a fairly and correctly run democratic referendum though, and you must remember it - whether Doncaster, Barnsley and Rotherham etc should be part of One Yorkshire or of a newly formed Sheffield/South Yorkshire conglomerate.  The result of that referendum, you do remember don't you, was over 80% for One Yorkshire.  So what did the government do?  They ignored the result because it wasn't what they wanted.

And you talk about democracy?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 17, 2019, 08:30:33 am by Bentley Bullet »
So, the EU referendum was undemocratic, but a second one would have been democratic?

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member

You do know that that referendum was undemocratic don't you BB?  To the point where, had it not been advisory, it would have been declared null and void.  That the government then went ahead and acted on it is unforgivable.

We did have a fairly and correctly run democratic referendum though, and you must remember it - whether Doncaster, Barnsley and Rotherham etc should be part of One Yorkshire or of a newly formed Sheffield/South Yorkshire conglomerate.  The result of that referendum, you do remember don't you, was over 80% for One Yorkshire.  So what did the government do?  They ignored the result because it wasn't what they wanted.

Yes a referendum that was an absolute waste of time and was so well done only 20% of the electorate bothered/cared...

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 17, 2019, 08:49:56 am by Not Now Kato »
So, the EU referendum was undemocratic, but a second one would have been democratic?

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Where did I say anything about a second referendum in the above BB?  Did you not understand what I wrote?

I genuinely think you have a problem, and I genuinely think you need to seek help BB.  Seriously.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 17, 2019, 08:57:41 am by Not Now Kato »

Yes a referendum that was an absolute waste of time and was so well done only 20% of the electorate bothered/cared...

Where are the rules for an advisory referendum that state that there must be a particular % of voters, or turnout to count?

It was a correctly run referendum, the result of which the government chose, as is their right in an advisory referendum, to ignore.

As to it being a waste of time, we now have a Mayor for Sheffield and South Yorkshire without portfolio - a bigger wast of time IMO than running it in the first place.

But you miss the point of my post BFYP, but then, that's hardly surprising!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 17, 2019, 09:08:50 am by Bentley Bullet »

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Where did I say anything about a second referendum in the above BB?  Did you not understand what I wrote?

I genuinely think you have a problem, and I genuinely think you need to seek help BB.  Seriously.

Oh, indeed I do have a problem NNK. I have a problem with exceedingly poor losers like you who come out with rubbish like the EU referendum wasn't democratic. I genuinely think you need help from one of your handful of lefty associates on here to brazenly rubber stamp your bullshit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012