Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:19:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corbynistas descend on Whitehall and Storm Downing street  (Read 8131 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Corbynistas descend on Whitehall and Storm Downing street
« Reply #60 on December 17, 2019, 09:16:01 am by idler »
Haven't both Farage and Cummins said that they would not have accepted a lose vote in the referendum?
I despair that nobody on either side has shown any sign of having the ability to negotiate a decent trade agreement with any other country or bloc. The arguement and ramifications of this will go on for years in my opinion and we will all suffer whichever side of the divide you are on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 17, 2019, 09:41:11 am by SydneyRover »
Why is it bb that you're the most likely one to escalate the conversation to be the first to post abuse, you want to provoke in whatever form you like but lets be honest here you can't take it can you  :)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 17, 2019, 10:05:23 am by Not Now Kato »
So, the EU referendum was undemocratic, but a second one would have been democratic?

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Where did I say anything about a second referendum in the above BB?  Did you not understand what I wrote?

I genuinely think you have a problem, and I genuinely think you need to seek help BB.  Seriously.

Oh, indeed I do have a problem NNK. I have a problem with exceedingly poor losers like you who come out with rubbish like the EU referendum wasn't democratic. I genuinely think you need help from one of your handful of lefty associates on here to brazenly rubber stamp your bullshit.

BB, it gets to the point where you are making yourself look more like a troll with every post you make in this section.  You're obviously not stupid based on posts you make in other areas, such as VC; so why here?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 17, 2019, 10:34:43 am by drfchound »
Why is it bb that you're the most likely one to escalate the conversation to be the first to post abuse, you want to provoke in whatever form you like but lets be honest here you can't take it can you  :)

rtid88 called BB a bellend in one of the first posts on this thread.

Also, you accusing people of being abusive is a bit rich.
You called BB a c**t recently.
The post has now been removed so I assume you got a warning about that.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 17, 2019, 11:07:16 am by SydneyRover »
So hound to 'balance' the debate would you like to tell everyone who was the first in that thread to kick off the abuse? and all the shit I and others have been obliged to take from the the attention seeking child?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 17, 2019, 01:35:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Sydney, I obviously didn't expect you to turn over a new leaf and actually be right for the first time in 3 years, and unsurprisingly you're not in this latest issue. It was YOU who started the aggression in the Reasons To Be Cheerful thread, as usual, initially with your juvenile emoji's followed by your first post of the string of those that were deleted.

It is without any shadow of a doubt YOU who is the instigator of sarcastic provocation in most of these threads, but I get blamed by your handful of like-minded lefties because when I respond to them I prove to be consistently better than you at it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:37:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 17, 2019, 04:10:45 pm by scawsby steve »
The 2016 EU referendum, which was one of the largest democratic exercises in the UK’s history.

You do know that that referendum was undemocratic don't you BB?  To the point where, had it not been advisory, it would have been declared null and void.  That the government then went ahead and acted on it is unforgivable.

We did have a fairly and correctly run democratic referendum though, and you must remember it - whether Doncaster, Barnsley and Rotherham etc should be part of One Yorkshire or of a newly formed Sheffield/South Yorkshire conglomerate.  The result of that referendum, you do remember don't you, was over 80% for One Yorkshire.  So what did the government do?  They ignored the result because it wasn't what they wanted.

And you talk about democracy?

What the hell is wrong with you? Your party has just been f*cking SLAUGHTERED because of people like YOU, with all the insulting and sneering, whining and moaning, and stamping your feet like spoiled children, instead of acting like a man and being gracious in defeat.

If people like you carry on over the next 4 years the way you've acted over the last 3 years, your party will get tonked again in 2024, that's for sure.

All the Labour MPs that have been on the news broadcasts over the last few days have admitted they need to stop blaming everyone else but themselves, and show some humility in defeat and move on.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 17, 2019, 04:53:10 pm by Sprotyrover »
Look the Election is done and dusted, cant we all just get back to abusing each other over Brexit?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 17, 2019, 04:55:53 pm by Not Now Kato »
The 2016 EU referendum, which was one of the largest democratic exercises in the UK’s history.

You do know that that referendum was undemocratic don't you BB?  To the point where, had it not been advisory, it would have been declared null and void.  That the government then went ahead and acted on it is unforgivable.

We did have a fairly and correctly run democratic referendum though, and you must remember it - whether Doncaster, Barnsley and Rotherham etc should be part of One Yorkshire or of a newly formed Sheffield/South Yorkshire conglomerate.  The result of that referendum, you do remember don't you, was over 80% for One Yorkshire.  So what did the government do?  They ignored the result because it wasn't what they wanted.

And you talk about democracy?

What the hell is wrong with you? Your party has just been f*cking SLAUGHTERED because of people like YOU, with all the insulting and sneering, whining and moaning, and stamping your feet like spoiled children, instead of acting like a man and being gracious in defeat.

If people like you carry on over the next 4 years the way you've acted over the last 3 years, your party will get tonked again in 2024, that's for sure.

All the Labour MPs that have been on the news broadcasts over the last few days have admitted they need to stop blaming everyone else but themselves, and show some humility in defeat and move on.

It's not my party!  And show me where I've sneered at anyone in what I've said there.

What I've posted are facts, but people like you appear to prefer sound-bites over truth and reality. No wonder the country is in such a mess!

Are you happy the the referendum was influenced by Russian money, Russian bots, illegal collection and use of personal data by Cambridge Analytica?  That Vote Leave broke the law during their campaign?   Or is 'winning' because of all the lies and cheating all that is important to you?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexit-referendum-corruptly-won-but-result-stands/

https://twitter.com/lbc/status/1100045810350346242?lang=en

https://www.dw.com/en/what-role-did-cambridge-analytica-play-in-the-brexit-vote/a-43151460

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 17, 2019, 06:25:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We don't need to suddenly start thinking Brexit will be amazing, it will damage the country and even people like JRM have said it won't improve for 50 years. We also don't need to shut up saying how the referendum was a poor one as their should have been a multiple choice option to decide what people wanted but yes we do now need to accept Brexit us unfortunately going to happen and unfortunately people have voted the Conservatives in and we'll have 5 years of them. Based on the results, the seats weren't won by the Tories, they were lost by Labour and the polling points to that being because of Corbyn's image and the policy on Brexit.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 17, 2019, 07:33:35 pm by drfchound »
DO, how would a Labour supporter who wanted to leave the EU have voted last week?
Bearing in mind the Labour position of no commitment to Brexit.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 17, 2019, 07:50:50 pm by SydneyRover »

wrong again hound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 17, 2019, 08:09:29 pm by drfchound »

wrong again hound

Maybe wrong about the warning but not wrong about what you said to BB.

Oh and I wrote my response in the right place.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 17, 2019, 08:16:01 pm by SydneyRover »
you're so cool hound  :s

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 17, 2019, 09:05:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
DO, how would a Labour supporter who wanted to leave the EU have voted last week?
Bearing in mind the Labour position of no commitment to Brexit.

Depends on what they weigh up as the most important issue to them, leaving the EU or reversing austerity.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 18, 2019, 03:06:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

A Labour supporter who wanted us to leave the EU could have voted Labour, knowing that there would have been a Ref2 in which they could have voted for the specific "Leave" that would have been on that ballot.

I've still not heard a single rational argument as to why that would have been an undemocratic outcome.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 18, 2019, 03:28:00 pm by wing commander »
The argument from the labour leavers is simple Billy,they didn't want a second referendum full stop...They believed and rightly so in my opinion ,that IF Labour would have been elected in this Election their position would have swiftly changed to remain.

Practically,the whole of the front bench and the vast majority of Labour Mp's are remainers and said they would campaign on that basis.Labour gave enough clues on what type of deal they would have negotiated.Take immigration for example,not something that bothers me personally but the fact remains it was a big reason in the Labour heartlands,they wanted it to be tightened up not totally relaxed.

The bottom line is they believed the options on the 2nd vote wouldn't be what they wanted,they didn't trust labour to negotiate a deal on why they voted leave in the first place..They believed the two options on that ballot would be 1,remain and 2 a ultra soft Labour deal that was leave in name only...

Thats not what the vast majority of Labour leavers wanted,they saw Boris and his "get it done" approach and they liked it and those who still couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory switched to Farage in enough numbers to split the vote..

I appreciate that's probably not a well constructed argument as far as you and your beliefs are concerned but as has been proved last week.Your in a minority in your own party on that one..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 18, 2019, 04:13:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hound.

A Labour supporter who wanted us to leave the EU could have voted Labour, knowing that there would have been a Ref2 in which they could have voted for the specific "Leave" that would have been on that ballot.

I've still not heard a single rational argument as to why that would have been an undemocratic outcome.

It wouldn't have been undemocratic if it wasn't replacing an already existing democratic vote that hadn't even yet been enforced.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 04:16:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 18, 2019, 05:07:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

As I've said a hundred times, the problem with the 2016 vote is that "Leave" wasn't a single, defined thing. It was an umbrella term covering an almost infinite range of things. That's why it is idiotic to take the result as the final word. It was a binary choice on a non-binary question.

But that issue is done now. The decision has been made. So it's time for us all to stop looking back and start looking forward. In particular, it's time for those who have insisted we should leave to accept that they have won, and that they now own the consequences of that victory.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 18, 2019, 05:15:05 pm by Filo »
Hound.

As I've said a hundred times, the problem with the 2016 vote is that "Leave" wasn't a single, defined thing. It was an umbrella term covering an almost infinite range of things. That's why it is idiotic to take the result as the final word. It was a binary choice on a non-binary question.

But that issue is done now. The decision has been made. So it's time for us all to stop looking back and start looking forward. In particular, it's time for those who have insisted we should leave to accept that they have won, and that they now own the consequences of that victory.

Not a chance of that, instead if it goes tits up Labour will be blamed for not being an effective opposition

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on December 18, 2019, 05:22:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
And let's hope Remoaners will accept any positives from it as readily as they'll find fault with it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 18, 2019, 06:24:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Like I said. Nothing more unpleasant that an ungracious winner.

One day you'll grow up BB. You've spent years complaining about perceived slights yet you continue to pour them out yourself. It is embarrassing to witness.

I desperately hope Brexit is a success. I know you want everyone you disagree with to by a hypocrite who wants it to fail so they can say "I told you so", but the real world ain't like that. I want us to live in a happy, content, wealthy, tolerant, positive country, and if that's where the next five years takes us, I'll be delighted to say that I was wrong.

If we end up with 5 years of depressed economic performance, more intolerance towards other opinions, and a continued increase in ethnically and racially motivated abuse and violence, I'm sure you'll be the first to admit that maybe you called it wrong.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 18, 2019, 07:28:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, I am neither ungracious nor a winner regarding the GE result. The only thing I'm glad about is Corbyn not winning. I think you'll find, along with anyone else who reads back on our posts since the election that it is you who is ungracious in defeat, not me ungracious in winning!

I don't know what is wrong with you regarding me, it seems I'm somehow a threat to your greatness on this forum. That's perhaps why you insist on coming out with stuff like me growing up and being an embarrassment etc, in the full knowledge that you'll get the same old handful of worshippers endorsing your ridiculous views about me. Maybe that's the VSC way of what grown-up politics is all about.

Well, all I can say is if disrespecting me is what grown-up politics is all about on this forum, bring it on.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 07:36:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 18, 2019, 07:37:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus wept.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on December 18, 2019, 07:38:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just because you're losing, just because you're losing.......

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 18, 2019, 07:47:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Of course you've won following last week's result.

You wanted Brexit. You've got Brexit.

Congratulations. You won.

Now, be a grown up and own the consequences.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 18, 2019, 07:52:47 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

I am not sure why you addressed me in the above post seeing as it followed one by BB that your post seemed to allude to.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 18, 2019, 07:57:30 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

Just seen your response to the question I asked DO.
The only thing I can see about what youhave said is that IF Labour had won, there would have been no guarantee the Ref 2 would have delivered another Leave outcome.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 18, 2019, 08:04:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BB

Of course you've won following last week's result.

You wanted Brexit. You've got Brexit.

Congratulations. You won.

Now, be a grown up and own the consequences.

OK, let's pretend this is the Guardian and only tell part of the story.

Yep, I wanted Brexit.

Yep, I won

Yep, I'm responsible if it goes tits up!

There you go, Billy lad. Dip yer bread!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 18, 2019, 08:11:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Apologies. That reply was aimed at WC.

BB. Of course, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming that you actually wanted anything other than to argue.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012