Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:42:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: He's got to go  (Read 15804 times)

DD

• Forum Member
He's got to go
« on December 21, 2019, 05:36:14 pm by DD »
I'll be the first........I'd get rid of Moore now....simply not good enough. This is relegation form. I wrote about my concerns several weeks ago - nothing has changed - sorry, things have got worse.
Needs to get rid of Bingham, Thomas (tried but not good enough), Gomez, Daniels, Sheaf (bench at best), May, Kiwomya....
I have no confidence in Moore at all. His comments in the press & interviews are weak & repetitive.
It won't happen because the board seem to be lacking some direction & purpose at the moment.
We are in troubled waters!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Re: He's got to go
« Reply #1 on December 21, 2019, 05:38:33 pm by watto-drfc »
Get Gareth Ainsworth in

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 21, 2019, 05:39:45 pm by Bezza »
His substitutions were poor.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 21, 2019, 05:42:48 pm by The Beast »
Patience is a virtue.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 21, 2019, 05:43:16 pm by vaya »
They're not going to sack him.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 21, 2019, 05:45:41 pm by dknward2 »

Only one was in Bingham may should have been the man to come on.

Nothing wrong with either wright or Ennis coming on

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 21, 2019, 05:45:53 pm by bpoolrover »
You can’t sack him yet while I think he has made some poor decisions he is a relatively new to management and needs a full transfer window to get the players we need in, we have several players who should be nowhere near the first team squad replace them and hopefully things will look up

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 21, 2019, 05:46:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
He has been manager for less than six months and in League for four months - or which two months were excellent and two months have been shit. If we are talking about sacking someone for a shit two months then we should just pack up and go home.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 21, 2019, 05:48:32 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The fact he thinks Thomas and Bingham are good is most concerning. They are being nice utter dog shit. If that's the sort of player he wants to bring in then get gone now.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 21, 2019, 05:48:41 pm by adamtherover »
if copps wasn injured it was madness to bring him off, he was just starting to find his rhythm...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 21, 2019, 05:50:05 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not saying we should sack him, but the concerns aren’t just regarding a poor two months

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 21, 2019, 05:57:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
This thread is embarrassing. This knee jerk reaction from fans is ridiculous.

Any manager requires two full transfer windows to bring in his own players. Moore hasn't even had one full window, he's had a couple of week where he was still analysing his team. The window then shut and yeah we ended up with some bargain bucket players like Bingham and Thomas but hopefully we'll have better come Jan 31st. Either way he deserves the whole season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 21, 2019, 05:59:41 pm by NickDRFC »
The fact he thinks Thomas and Bingham are good is most concerning. They are being nice utter dog shit. If that's the sort of player he wants to bring in then get gone now.

I don’t think he had much in the way of alternatives so I don’t blame him for bringing them in, but continually picking Bingham ahead of May or even Watters is madness for me. Bingham must have nudes of Moore or something.

This thread is a bit daft though - far too early to judge.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 21, 2019, 06:03:03 pm by Branton Rover »
What a ridiculous post to suggest getting rid of the manager considering the circumstances in which he took over - Darren needs minimum 2 transfer windows to establish his own team - look at the players McCann had and that we don’t have anymore - Marquis - Rowe - Butler - Kane - Wilks - Downing & also a fit Matty Blair.

I know we’re not winning at the moment but a big of perspective is surely required not knee jerk sackings

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 21, 2019, 06:06:32 pm by Branton Rover »
Ps and Danny Andrew

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 21, 2019, 06:07:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Embarrassing at best this thread if the club back him and bring in the quality players we require then we will see what happens.

Playing Bingham is not the answer but May or Watters are not goal scorers either.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 21, 2019, 06:08:18 pm by the vicar »

Any manager requires two full transfer windows to bring in his own players. Moore hasn't even had one full window, he's had a couple of week where he was still analysing his team. The window then shut and yeah we ended up with some bargain bucket players like Bingham and Thomas but hopefully we'll have better come Jan 31st. Either way he deserves the whole season.
I don't want him to go but 1win in 10 is definitely not a knee jerk most clubs would have got rid of a manager for less than that

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 21, 2019, 06:09:53 pm by the vicar »
Embarrassing at best this thread if the club back him and bring in the quality players we require then we will see what happens.

Playing Bingham is not the answer but May or Watters are not goal scorers either.

but I doubt we will get the quality that you are looking for

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 21, 2019, 06:09:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
I’m not saying we should sack him, but the concerns aren’t just regarding a poor two months

Are the concerns coming from the insider where only a selected few may know what facts people are talking about.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 21, 2019, 06:10:22 pm by steve@dcfd »

Why ?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 21, 2019, 06:10:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm not going to knee jerk as he deserves time. Are there concerning signs? Absolutely, but then I believe he needs a long time to get it right, if we are at this point in twelve months I'll be worried. His success will depend on who he brings in as we have too many not up to it.  The appointment of a recruitment man tells it all.

Imo the back 5 has huge strength and depth.  We all know midfield and attack needs work.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 21, 2019, 06:10:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I don't want him to go but 1win in 10 is definitely not a knee jerk most clubs would have got rid of a manager for less than that

That's just shit form, every club goes through bad spells and judging from today their confidence is gone. Give it a few games, one scrappy win and we'll hit a good run of form again.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 21, 2019, 06:15:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Individually the back five are strong and Dieng is a great keeper - but the defence as a whole is definitely less than the sum of its parts. We have only kept three clean sheets all season in the league and we even managed to concede against Southend United when we put seven past them. Individually our defensive players are a talented bunch but as a defensive unit they are not great.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 21, 2019, 06:20:51 pm by firestarter »
Just watch the defending for their goal today .. they were all stood like statues . Nobody is willing to put their body on the line anymore

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 21, 2019, 06:24:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
In better news after the brief and disastrous flirtation with five at the back, Moore has seemingly dropped this - which is of course the right call. Does not work at this level!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 21, 2019, 06:32:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No he hasn't.

Totally unfair to make that judgement at this stage.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 21, 2019, 06:41:04 pm by esdailles left foot »

You’ve changed your tune

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 21, 2019, 06:44:02 pm by esdailles left foot »
It’s no knee jerk reaction from me. The warning signs were there in July. Nice guy, great community coach. Football manager nah.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 21, 2019, 06:44:30 pm by Prez »
January is key now. Just cannot be carrying players like we have been doing in recent games. Cant remember the last time we had such a lightweight team too. Too many players just jogging about and not putting any kind of challenge in.

The squad needs some bite and quality.

Special mention for the ref today as well. Totally garbage, the one where he brought play back in injury time whilst we were on the attack was mind boggling.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 21, 2019, 06:45:26 pm by esdailles left foot »

Why ?

Because the Marquis money went to the taxman and we’re potless

TinyPortal © 2005-2012