Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:57:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: He's got to go  (Read 15796 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: He's got to go
« Reply #60 on December 21, 2019, 09:55:59 pm by drfchound »
It has to be recognised that we are in a poor run.
Not including the U23 cup competition, we have only one win in the last eight league and FA Cup matches.
Today we looked decidedly average, a mid table team lacking in ideas.
Moore was wrong to take Copps off.
Ok, he wasn’t having his best ever game but was just beginning to get a grip on the game.
We need a quality front man and a midfielder in the mould of Wellens, someone with a bit of bite to compliment Sheaf and Whiteman.
Unless we get those players in early January our season will be as good as over and the crowds will dwindle.
With things as they are we are unlikely to get better than three points from the three games in hand.
I will still be there every week supporting the team but I do think that we look like a mid table team, no better, right now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 21, 2019, 09:57:02 pm by dickos1 »
I don’t need success,
There weren’t many on here backing Ferguson when we got relegated but I was one of them.
We had plenty of people going mad that we didn’t win the title a couple of years ago even after we’d achieved our most comfortable promotion possibly in our history.
It’s these same people who are now having a go at people concerned this season.
Since the end of the 2017-18 season we’ve cut costs, you only have to glimpse at the two squads to realise this, this is fine but we’re told we’re still going for a top 6 finish. We’re still wanting to spend money and we have a big budget, but what we get told and what actually happens doesn’t seem to be meeting up at the moment.
January may change this

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on December 21, 2019, 10:00:22 pm by dickos1 »
We have won 6, drawn 7, Lost 5 with 3 games in hand on the majority.

DESPERATE TIMES, Send for the emergency services. In fact why don’t we bring back the man who went 16 league games without a win and got us relegated.

Yes that would be good. LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THAT EXCITING WINNING FOOTBALL.

Well you seem to be happy watching a side that has scored 2 goals in 6 games.
Pretty sure that’s never happened under other recent managers

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 21, 2019, 10:00:41 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Got to give him Jan to get a few forwards in at the very least (i know that won't be easy). If we can get a couple in i think the confidence in the team will hopefully turn around. Think we do need to be careful we aren't dragged into a relegation battle though and if that means DM goes then so be it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 21, 2019, 10:06:37 pm by tyke1962 »
For Rovers to be successful with all due respect someone has to punch above the budget to make that happen  .

Big Daz to me seems like he could do that given the time .

It's frustrating we don't always get what we'd like to aspire to but I always remind myself of a young manager at my club in the late 90 s who punched excessively above the weight in his first season , his second season wasn't too great to say the least but my word is third was the stuff dreams are made of .

My life experience tells me give Big Daz a go , you could be on to something here .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 21, 2019, 10:07:34 pm by Campsall rover »
We haven’t got a goal scorer that’s why we have scored 2 in 6
Ennis has been injured  :crying:
We all know what the problem is.
DF & GM had Marquis. DM hasn’t been able to replace him as yet. :facepalm:

PS.
It’s actually 3 in the last 6 inc. cup games
12 in the last 6 league games.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:18:19 pm by Campsall rover »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 21, 2019, 10:12:48 pm by Pancho Regan »
I'll be the first........I'd get rid of Moore now....simply not good enough. This is relegation form. I wrote about my concerns several weeks ago - nothing has changed - sorry, things have got worse.
Needs to get rid of Bingham, Thomas (tried but not good enough), Gomez, Daniels, Sheaf (bench at best), May, Kiwomya....
I have no confidence in Moore at all. His comments in the press & interviews are weak & repetitive.
It won't happen because the board seem to be lacking some direction & purpose at the moment.
We are in troubled waters!

You are embarrassing.
Get behind your club and our manager.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 21, 2019, 10:52:41 pm by steve@dcfd »

DESPERATE TIMES, Send for the emergency services. In fact why don’t we bring back the man who went 16 league games without a win and got us relegated.

Yes that would be good. LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THAT EXCITING WINNING FOOTBALL.

Recent managers had better players in their squad. DF brought in good players and some not so good, GM brought in three very good loans and got DF players playing better. GM then instead of adding to the squad waLked away to what he believed was a better job, he had brought in two good fullbacks. He couldn’t get his midfield replacement for TR he went to Scotland,  he couldn’t get a new goal keeper he couldn’t get a new centre-half. The ones on his list went with him to Hull. His final act was to sign an unknown midfield player, here’s  one we could afford.

So DM had to look at our squad, while doing that JM wanted to go and the striker on GM list went to Hull. The Rangers midfield player was put on hold, he finally went to another Scottish club he’s not been pulling up many trees. DM signed Sheaf off GMs list. He brought in centre half  who got injured early on. We signed a loan centrehalf to cover that injury. He brought in three good young Premier league players and set out to bring in a JM replacement. All three young players have been injured at sometime so far this season. Which effected DM plans. We did not get the striker we wanted as the players parent club pulled the plug when it looked as the deal was going through. We have also lost one of DFs versatile players for most of the season. Therefore after the season started and injury’s we’re taking it’s toll DM signed two players on short term contracts they have not proved successful, although one has the best goals per game.
So if you look at the goal scoring records of our best players we have now they are not good, they might be good football players but goal scoring as not been their forte.
We can criticise the manager, we can criticise the players but the squad we have now needs improving. The CEO as said we will only tinker with the squad there won’t be big changes. Well the club want to be right with the manager they brought in then they need to back him in January if they can’t then they should be honest with the supporters.
Nobody’s happy watching this run but which players will score the goals we require I can’t see any.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:56:08 pm by steve@dcfd »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 21, 2019, 10:58:48 pm by dickos1 »

Recent managers had better players in their squad. DF brought in good players and some not so good, GM brought in three very good loans and got DF players playing better. GM then instead of adding to the squad waLked away to what he believed was a better job, he had brought in two good fullbacks. He couldn’t get his midfield replacement for TR he went to Scotland,  he couldn’t get a new goal keeper he couldn’t get a new centre-half. The ones on his list went with him to Hull. His final act was to sign an unknown midfield player, here’s  one we could afford.

So DM had to look at our squad, while doing that JM wanted to go and the striker on GM list went to Hull. The Rangers midfield player was put on hold, he finally went to another Scottish club he’s not been pulling up many trees. DM signed Sheaf off GMs list. He brought in centre half  who got injured early on. We signed a loan centrehalf to cover that injury. He brought in three good young Premier league players and set out to bring in a JM replacement. All three young players have been injured at sometime so far this season. Which effected DM plans. We did not get the striker we wanted as the players parent club pulled the plug when it looked as the deal was going through. We have also lost one of DFs versatile players for most of the season. Therefore after the season started and injury’s we’re taking it’s toll DM signed two players on short term contracts they have not proved successful, although one has the best goals per game.
So if you look at the goal scoring records of our best players we have now they are not good, they might be good football players but goal scoring as not been their forte.
We can criticise the manager, we can criticise the players but the squad we have now needs improving. The CEO as said we will only tinker with the squad there won’t be big changes. Well the club want to be right with the manager they brought in then they need to back him in January if they can’t then they should be honest with the supporters.
Nobody’s happy watching this run but which players will score the goals we require I can’t see any.

Middleton would’ve signed if mccann had stayed. As would the others who were lined up, Mccann wouldn’t have let all those players leave if he didn’t think he was getting better in

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 21, 2019, 11:02:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t need success,
There weren’t many on here backing Ferguson when we got relegated but I was one of them.
We had plenty of people going mad that we didn’t win the title a couple of years ago even after we’d achieved our most comfortable promotion possibly in our history.
Since the end of the 2017-18 season we’ve cut costs, you only have to glimpse at the two squads to realise this, this is fine but we’re told we’re still going for a top 6 finish. We’re still wanting to spend money and we have a big budget, but what we get told and what actually happens doesn’t seem to be meeting up at the moment.
January may change this

With our current ownership and resources available, any manager who takes us down in to League Two needs sacking. Without adding any value, we have the resources to comfortably stay up every season in League One. Any manager who takes us down with that backing needs to go. Ferguson was the last but it should not just apply to him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 21, 2019, 11:04:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
Dickos Middleton hardly played at Hibs what makes you think he would have been good here. GM couldn’t get the players so when Hull came calling he left taking some of his list with him.
We needed better we still do can we get them in January not sure. If our club are backing the manager then if they cant see we need better players then they are blind. January will show if this well run club will get players we need.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:08:12 pm by steve@dcfd »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 21, 2019, 11:30:14 pm by dickos1 »
I don’t need success,
January may change this

With our current ownership and resources available, any manager who takes us down in to League Two needs sacking. Without adding any value, we have the resources to comfortably stay up every season in League One. Any manager who takes us down with that backing needs to go. Ferguson was the last but it should not just apply to him.

Ferguson inherited a terrible squad and initially got a turn out of them but then it went down hill.
But that summer he transformed the squad, the quality of the squad he inherited to the one he left us with was incomparable.
It’s just a shame now that much of that quality has now gone and we’re back to square one

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 21, 2019, 11:58:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
f**k me sideways. There are some top shelf knuckleheads masquerading as fans on this forum.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 22, 2019, 12:19:38 am by bpoolrover »
We haven’t got a goal scorer that’s why we have scored 2 in 6
Ennis has been injured  :crying:
We all know what the problem is.
DF & GM had Marquis. DM hasn’t been able to replace him as yet. :facepalm:

PS.
It’s actually 3 in the last 6 inc. cup games
12 in the last 6 league games.

someone has to take the blame for poor recruitment who would you hold responsible

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on December 22, 2019, 08:22:21 am by dickos1 »
Dickos Middleton hardly played at Hibs what makes you think he would have been good here. GM couldn’t get the players so when Hull came calling he left taking some of his list with him.
We needed better we still do can we get them in January not sure. If our club are backing the manager then if they cant see we need better players then they are blind. January will show if this well run club will get players we need.

Wilks hadn’t  done much before we signed him but mcCann got the best out of him who’s to say he wouldn't have done the same with him.

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 22, 2019, 08:57:29 am by Cameron Rowe »
January's going to be season defining. We need Another Centre Back another Central Midfielder to replace sheaf a winger and maybe 2 strikers definitely 1 though. Id try getting Dieng on a permanent and let sheaf go back.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 22, 2019, 09:01:32 am by NickDRFC »
I really think that one of the biggest issues this year, that has been touched on in this thread, is the expectation vs reality.

When McCann and several senior players left, SM came on the forum and said that it didn’t really matter as the board would bring in a top new manager and there was still an exciting list of signings lined up, ready to sign as soon as the new man was in place. I’m not suggesting that was the wrong thing to do as certain fans were in meltdown, but what we ended up signing was definitely not an improvement on last year, and for whatever reason we were unable to sign many (any?) of these players. Even at the end of the window the talk from the club was of the top six, even though we had no idea whether Ennis or Sterling could replace even half of the output and the effort that Marquis brought to the team, and it was clear that unless all the loanees excelled the squad was in a worse position than a few months before. Again, I’m not saying the club are wrong to be ambitious but it’s putting expectation at a level that the reality isn’t matching.

January will be an interesting month, both for who we sign and the noises coming out of the club. We don’t generally sign many players, certainly permanents, in January and the club might feel its best not to put too much in when the season already feels like it’s turning into a bit of a damp squib.

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 22, 2019, 09:21:07 am by Cameron Rowe »
We need or 5 or 6 in January its make or break. Barnsley a couple years ago were languishing near the bottom then signed loads in jan and ended up going up through playoffs with 1 of the best young squads assembled. If the board don't back moore i can't see myself going much longer its becoming so boring and apparent that the board dont back the club to their full capabilities and before people come and say well they lose 2 mil a year. For starters nearly every football club loses money plus with the outgoings last year they havent lost that much.
2 million for Marquis
1 million from cup
Money from finishing in playoffs
17 players leaving
Season ticket sales
Merchandise and matchday tkts for 23 games
They need to back or go

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 22, 2019, 09:35:07 am by BigH »

That's a pretty good assessment of where we're at.

I'm sorry, but I don't see any manager, never mind one that might be available, playing that hand any better.

There is a case for saying that DM has been unlucky. Injuries to the loan recruits, particularly the forwards, has been massively disruptive and, to my mind, has resulted in the current malaise afflicting the rest of the team.

However, as manager, it's up to him to turn it around. January is going to be a big month for DM because it's the only opportunity he'll get to shake the team out of its torpor. Wish him well.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 22, 2019, 09:44:14 am by DonnyOsmond »
We need or 5 or 6 in January its make or break. Barnsley a couple years ago were languishing near the bottom then signed loads in jan and ended up going up through playoffs with 1 of the best young squads assembled. If the board don't back moore i can't see myself going much longer its becoming so boring and apparent that the board dont back the club to their full capabilities and before people come and say well they lose 2 mil a year. For starters nearly every football club loses money plus with the outgoings last year they havent lost that much.
2 million for Marquis
1 million from cup
Money from finishing in playoffs
17 players leaving
Season ticket sales
Merchandise and matchday tkts for 23 games
They need to back or go

They signed one player in January, Aidan White, but their good run of form began in December anyway, not long after they signed Adam Hammill.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on December 22, 2019, 10:03:31 am by roversdude »
Couldn’t believe this thread yesterday so I’ve taken a deep breath and still think it’s a crock of sh1t.
FFS get behind him

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 22, 2019, 10:06:52 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Agree with pretty much all of that. In the Summer a few people were saying we were underestimating just how much GM had shafted us and the mess he’d not only created, but had also left us in. Coupled with DM having some bad luck along the way, we were always likely to struggle at some point. Changing the manager isn’t the answer because I genuinely don’t think any other manager out there could do better.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 22, 2019, 10:36:11 am by no eyed deer »
He has to be given January, to even think of getting rid now is madness. He inherited a mess, with little time to sort it. The board need to dig deep and prove the intention of a top 6 finish.

streathamdave

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 23, 2019, 09:44:09 am by streathamdave »
January window is huge. Too early to call for Moore's head, but things are very poor at the moment. This is how I see it- Bingham and Daniels need to go. I'd say the same with Thomas if we could get a striker in although really we need at least 2. We also need a Central midfielder with a bit of venom. Sheaf for me can also go unless he is used for Centre back cover. He is not the Midfielder we need. Dieng is probably our best keeper at the moment but I feel he still falls short of what we've had in the recent past (He's OK as a shot stopper and calm, but I think he doesn't read the game or command his area) and I'd be inclined to give Jones a try as we've not seen what he can do. I'd have been for signing Dieng until recently but now I'm on the fence. Would be happy with extending his loan for rest of season if his current runs until Jan) An extra Central defender would not go a miss as Daniels needs replacing and we need someone if injuries continue to be a problem. 4 decent players minimum, Maybe 5.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 23, 2019, 10:58:11 am by wabtec »
At the risk of being asked what planet I,m on by Selby because i dont agree with him, can i just say i can,t wait to find out that these plans that Darren Moore has in place are, that he is going to extend Thomas and Bingham,s contracts as they are our main strikers,now that would be a laugh.As he says in his latest interview we didn,t win but we didn,t loose either, what an attitude to have when you think a draw is a positive.Dickov used too only dwell on the positives but the negatives caught up with him eventually.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 23, 2019, 12:56:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
January window is huge. Too early to call for Moore's head, but things are very poor at the moment. This is how I see it- Bingham and Daniels need to go. I'd say the same with Thomas if we could get a striker in although really we need at least 2. We also need a Central midfielder with a bit of venom. Sheaf for me can also go unless he is used for Centre back cover. He is not the Midfielder we need. Dieng is probably our best keeper at the moment but I feel he still falls short of what we've had in the recent past (He's OK as a shot stopper and calm, but I think he doesn't read the game or command his area) and I'd be inclined to give Jones a try as we've not seen what he can do. I'd have been for signing Dieng until recently but now I'm on the fence. Would be happy with extending his loan for rest of season if his current runs until Jan) An extra Central defender would not go a miss as Daniels needs replacing and we need someone if injuries continue to be a problem. 4 decent players minimum, Maybe 5.

Don't know which of our recent past keepers you're remembering, Dave but neither of them commanded their area anything like Dieng does.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 23, 2019, 01:05:15 pm by IDM »
Fine margins indeed.. without injuries to Ennis, John, Sterling, and having the chance to beat Bolton at the right time, we could have been in a much better place..

If you’re reading the DFP today we are working hard towards the January window.

Also wasn’t it recently said that the player DM wanted wasn’t allowed to come by his parent club..

And at the moment we are in poor form..

It’s ok being concerned about current form and potential signings but folks need some sense of perspective..

Lighten up for f**ks sake, it’s Christmas.!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 23, 2019, 01:08:04 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I think it was perfectly reasonable of DM to not jump into making signings before he'd had chance to assess what he had and yes, he's certainly been unlucky with injuries to key players in a paper-thin squad so I await with interest to see what he does in the transfer window, his options are limited IMO.  I don't see the club spending on permanent signings (rightly) even if a striker can be found, which leaves loans.  For me, Sheaf, whilst showing glimpses of quality each game I haven't seen any improvement in his play from when he started and improvement is what should be expected with youngster loanees.  Daniels and Bingham should definitely go and if we can get a striker in, possibly Thomas too.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 23, 2019, 01:14:45 pm by vaya »

Don't know which of our recent past keepers you're remembering, Dave but neither of them commanded their area anything like Dieng does.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Just using Saturday as an example there were a number of crosses he came out for, plus he has a tendency to catch/claim the ball rather than punch.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 23, 2019, 01:20:33 pm by phil old leake »
I agree that he shouldn’t just jump in and buy for the sake of it. What I do think is this transfer window will say a lot about his ability and his contacts in football. I’d like to think he has mates / ex workmates at bigger clubs than us who would allow players out on loan
I can’t judge how we are playing I’ve not been this year   Reading a lot of comments on here it doesn’t seem to be good to view
I’ve said it before and I stick by it. The best managers are the ones that can see a player and develop them.  If I’m to believe what I read on here there hasn’t been any improvement in any of the players and the football is dire
January is so important if he can get good players in then we can still dream. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012