Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 07:31:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: He's got to go  (Read 15814 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: He's got to go
« Reply #30 on December 21, 2019, 06:46:46 pm by esdailles left foot »
This thread is embarrassing. This knee jerk reaction from fans is ridiculous.

Any manager requires two full transfer windows to bring in his own players. Moore hasn't even had one full window, he's had a couple of week where he was still analysing his team. The window then shut and yeah we ended up with some bargain bucket players like Bingham and Thomas but hopefully we'll have better come Jan 31st. Either way he deserves the whole season.
I don't want him to go but 1win in 10 is definitely not a knee jerk most clubs would have got rid of a manager for less than that

That's just shit form, every club goes through bad spells and judging from today their confidence is gone. Give it a few games, one scrappy win and we'll hit a good run of form again.

Wake up man

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 21, 2019, 06:47:17 pm by since-1969 »
We don’t loses or do poor performances very well on the forum but you have to give  Stanley a bit of credit as they  played to their strengths and we just couldn’t shake them off . For apart from Joe Wright for James the other substitutions needn’t have been made and added nothing to the game !

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 21, 2019, 06:50:32 pm by the vicar »
Embarrassing at best this thread if the club back him and bring in the quality players we require then we will see what happens.

Playing Bingham is not the answer but May or Watters are not goal scorers either.

but I doubt we will get the quality that you are looking for

Why ?
because Gavin has already said we will only tweek the team a bit

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 21, 2019, 06:53:27 pm by the vicar »
This thread is embarrassing. This knee jerk reaction from fans is ridiculous.

Any manager requires two full transfer windows to bring in his own players. Moore hasn't even had one full window, he's had a couple of week where he was still analysing his team. The window then shut and yeah we ended up with some bargain bucket players like Bingham and Thomas but hopefully we'll have better come Jan 31st. Either way he deserves the whole season.
I don't want him to go but 1win in 10 is definitely not a knee jerk most clubs would have got rid of a manager for less than that

That's just shit form, every club goes through bad spells and judging from today their confidence is gone. Give it a few games, one scrappy win and we'll hit a good run of form again.
yes they do  but most get rid for less

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 21, 2019, 06:56:06 pm by redarmy82 »
He won't be sacked. Fergie wasn't sacked and he got us relegated.

What is more worrying is that the sings are there that the board aren't backing him. Where has the money gone
?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 21, 2019, 07:05:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He won't be sacked. Fergie wasn't sacked and he got us relegated.

What is more worrying is that the sings are there that the board aren't backing him. Where has the money gone
?

Backing him? He's had about 4 weeks of the window. What do you expect them to do?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 21, 2019, 07:25:47 pm by esdailles left foot »
They gave him recommendations and he said not needed ???

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 21, 2019, 07:26:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If he extends Bingham and Thomas contracts then the direction we're going is the wrong one. At the minute he has the excuse he could only get in freebies.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 21, 2019, 07:33:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
Embarrassing at best this thread if the club back him and bring in the quality players we require then we will see what happens.

Playing Bingham is not the answer but May or Watters are not goal scorers either.

Why ?
because Gavin has already said we will only tweek the team a bit

But he’s not right we need a striker and two more players otherwise what he said of going for top six spot was wrong, we don’t have the players to do that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 21, 2019, 07:35:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
They gave him recommendations and he said not needed ???

Facts of which players were recommended please?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 21, 2019, 07:36:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Usual suspects out in force tonight.
No shock there and we didn’t even get beat.

Since Southend we drew with Burton, MK Dons and Accrington at home, all games we had the opportunity to win while not playing any near our best.
We lost away to Wycombe who are top of the league to a 89th min penalty and 2-1 away at Wimbledon where we out played them in the 1st half and should have been out of site. Both goals we conceded could have been avoided.
So 3 draws and 2 defeats and WE WE SHOULD SACK THE MANAGER, according to some of our supporters.
Don’t remember any one calling for DM’s head before the Southend game, even though we lost to Blackpool & Portsmouth at home and Oxford away.
The only game we were 2nd best was at Oxford.

So to sum up if we had a proven goal scorer and probably one more experienced midfielder we would in all likely hood be sitting very pretty at least in the top 6/7 now with 3 games in hand.
Also look at all the injuries and interruptions to our season
Very fine margins isn’t it.
Why is it people can’t see the big picture i really don’t understand

The knee jerk reactions on here are once again embarrassing.
So who should be our Manager please, who would have been able to wave a magic wand and sign the players we needed in the 4/5 weeks that DM had before the season started.

Come on names of better managers not in a job.
Or who should we have appointed instead of DM.

Please get a grip on reality.
It really is embarrassing reading some of the posts on this site.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:21:07 pm by Campsall rover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 21, 2019, 07:37:20 pm by dickos1 »
He had a list of players that were ready to sign. Gavin told us this and stated Moore wanted to go another way

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 21, 2019, 07:41:46 pm by dickos1 »

Since Southend we drew with Burton, MK Dons and Accrington at home, all games we had the opportunity to win while not playing any near our best.
We lost away to Wycombe who are top of the league to a 89th min penalty and 2-1 away at Wimbledon where we out played them in the 1st half and should have been out of site. Both goals we conceded could have been avoided.
So 3 draws and 2 defeats and WE WE SHOULD SACK THE MANAGER, according to some of our supporters.
Dot remember any one calling for DM’s head before the Southend game, even though we lost to Blackpool & Portsmouth at home and Oxford away.

So to sum up if we had a proven goal scorer and probably one more experienced midfielder we would in all likely hood  be sitting very pretty at least in the top 6/7 now with 3 games in hand.

So who should be our Manager please, who would have been able to wave a magic wand and sign the players we needed in the 4/5 weeks that DM had before the season started.

A few untruths in here
He had 7/8 weeks not 4/5
We’ve been in relegation form since the beginning of September.
You said yourself we needed 9 points from these last 3 games yet we’ve got 2 yet you’re still finding new excuses

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 21, 2019, 07:45:44 pm by Canadian Rover »
Moore is a brilliant appointment for our club. We are very lucky to have him as our manager in my opinion. We need a few players (forwards) that's for certain though.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 21, 2019, 07:46:40 pm by bpoolrover »

Dot remember any one calling for DM’s head before the Southend game, even though we lost to Blackpool & Portsmouth at home and Oxford away.

So to sum up if we had a proven goal scorer and probably one more experienced midfielder we would in all likely hood  be sitting very pretty at least in the top 6/7 now with 3 games in hand.

half the problem was the board saying they were aiming for a top 2 spot, we are miles off being top 2, people say we have as good if not better players now than last year, to be honest that is laughable while we have games in hand if we lose them we are are not that far from a relegation battle, you say we need a proven goal scorer but there not cheap and not easy to get in the January window and we need more than that homes while improved is not good enough as are Bingham Thomas and the jury is out on sheaf for me, then you have the bench which most of the time Is poor at best, saying this a few decent players and yes we will have a decent second half of the season

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 21, 2019, 07:47:42 pm by steve@dcfd »
He had a list of players that were ready to sign. Gavin told us this and stated Moore wanted to go another way
Who were the players, I believe three went to Hull with GM the other one as not done anything on loan in Scotland, I don’t  have the facts so can someone in the know show me I’m wrong.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 21, 2019, 07:48:40 pm by esdailles left foot »
Moore is a brilliant appointment for our club. We are very lucky to have him as our manager in my opinion. We need a few players (forwards) that's for certain though.

You don’t attend do you ?. What on his CV tells you he’s a good manager

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 21, 2019, 07:48:52 pm by bpoolrover »
while I’m not slaying Moore or saying he is a bad manager know one really knows how good a manager as he is very new to management, he might well end up being but he certainly needs to learn how to play against teams that press us as we seem clueless how to play against them

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 21, 2019, 07:49:12 pm by vaya »

A few untruths in here
He had 7/8 weeks not 4/5
We’ve been in relegation form since the beginning of September.
You said yourself we needed 9 points from these last 3 games yet we’ve got 2 yet you’re still finding new excuses

Now you know how everyone else felt getting the Darren Ferguson fan club for three seasons.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 21, 2019, 07:54:28 pm by dickos1 »
Get a grip will ya

So I was in the wrong for defending a manager who I liked and now I’m in the wrong for questioning a managers ability
Yet you were in the right for questioning a managers ability and are in the right for defending a manager you like.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 21, 2019, 08:09:24 pm by DRNaith »
Dear oh dear.

Get rid?

We were spoilt by initial results at the start of the season, but do you guys not remember the squad that Darren Moore inherited?

McCann cleaned out the team, then had his head turned and left us really sparse.  The top teams in any league, in their successful seasons, make very few changes to their squad, we have had to go through a complete overhaul, it's was always going to take time. We have an excellent manager, we need to get behind him.

Thankfully we appear to have a board who support their manager, and won't just fire them half way through the first season after a huge rebuild.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 21, 2019, 08:12:29 pm by Canadian Rover »

You don’t attend do you ?. What on his CV tells you he’s a good manager

I watch via IPlayer each week and was there today. Maybe Premier League Manager on his CV is a start?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 21, 2019, 08:21:26 pm by tyke1962 »
I'm not a Rover but I have to say I find it extremely uncomfortable reading criticism of Big Daz who did an immense job in our back four at the back end of his career , the man was simply an absolute rock .

Give him time , he didn't inherit a great situation , he deserves the time to do the job .

Yes it's frustrating and I get that but replacing the manager doesn't guarantee you anything going forward .

See where you are in 12 months time and he's had two further windows .

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 21, 2019, 08:25:04 pm by drfc1951 »

Why ?

Because the Marquis money went to the taxman and we’re potless
If you don't pay your tax bill you end up like Bury,is that what you want?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 21, 2019, 09:20:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Why is it we get a voice of reason from a Barnsley fan and our own supporters are, well words fail me.

As i am not going to get drawn into any of dickos’s posts as promised.
This is a general comment not in direct reply to him.

Yes i said we could do with 9 points from the last 3 games and a min of 7 to get us back on track or we would be playing catch up.
I didn’t at any point say the Manager should be sacked or even that our season would be over if we didn’t.
So yes it’s a big disappointment that we only picked up 2 points.
So yes we are playing catch up and we will have to start winning games from now on if we are going to give ourselves the opportunity of gate crashing the top 6.

Let’s see what happens in the Jan window and results up to the end of January.
We have 26 games to play thats 78 points to play for.
If we get 48 out of 78 we will almost certainly be in the play offs.
It’s a tall order but with 2/3 quality additions it is achievable.

Yes I can hear some of you saying it’s not. BUT IT IS IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS.

What we must be as supporters is patient with DM. He has to be given the opportunity of a proper close season to assemble the squad he needs.
Anything above a top 10 finish this season is now a bonus.

Yes even i can see that after our poor run of recent results against teams we would have expected to beat with a fully fit 1st 11 and that’s the point isn’t it. We haven’t had that luxury have we. Niall Ennis has been the biggest loss. His energy when he came on today showed that. Thomas and Bingham simply don’t have the pace and mobility or skill to play in our system effectively.

So to all the doom and gloom merchants i am just saying take a step back, look at the big picture thats in front of you. Just open your eyes take a good look, engage brain before spouting off on this forum and start to use a bit of good old fashion common sense.

Tyke can see we have potentially a very good manager. The board thought so and 95% of this forum thought so 5 months ago and yes even 2 months ago.

So maybe we do have a very good manager. GIVE HIM A DECENT CHANCE TO SHOW THAT HE IS.
5 months with a light weight squad is NOT.
LETS SEE WHERE WE ARE IN 12 MONTHS.  :that:  :rtid:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:23:50 pm by Campsall rover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 21, 2019, 09:37:07 pm by dickos1 »
I’m afraid the big picture is that since September the 8th we’ve managed two points less than the side bottom of the table.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 21, 2019, 09:44:28 pm by BradwellRover »

I’d rather give one of our own (who is not a goal scorer according to you) a chance rather than some lower league rubbish.

As an ex-striker myself I watch our current options with dismay.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 21, 2019, 09:45:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Give me strength. Is there a broken record on this forum or am i having a really bad dream yet again.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:55:41 pm by Campsall rover »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 21, 2019, 09:47:20 pm by DRNaith »
I’m afraid the big picture is that since September the 8th we’ve managed two points less than the side bottom of the table.

It all depends on how big you want your picture to be, I guess.

My picture has us surviving Richardson, five seasons in non-league football, lifetime memory lasting games at the Britannia Stadium, Millennium Stadium, Wembley and Griffin Park. Championship football and a leadership at the top of the club that we can trust to run the club well.

If you constantly need success, you're going to be disappointed. Even Man Utd fans are currently experiencing there version of a poor time, but I'm sure that their next title will taste all the sweeter for it.

Enjoy the ride, or get off, don't just travel through it complaining, life's too short.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 21, 2019, 09:52:14 pm by Campsall rover »
We have won 6, drawn 7, Lost 5 with 3 games in hand on the majority.

DESPERATE TIMES, Send for the emergency services. In fact why don’t we bring back the man who went 16 league games without a win and got us relegated.

Yes that would be good. LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THAT EXCITING WINNING FOOTBALL.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012