Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:24:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Peterborough United game  (Read 7429 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Peterborough United game
« Reply #30 on December 22, 2019, 09:51:40 pm by Campsall rover »
One to cheer up the doom-mongers!

In their last five home games in League One, Peterborough have won 4 and drawn 1, keeping 4 clean sheets.

Imagine what they’d be like if only they had a decent manager

In that case they would be like a team that had won more than one of their last five games away from home, including losses to the giants of Shrewsbury and Blackpool.
CBcb you are banging your head against a brick wall. You must know by now DF is his hero.
I have given up because he will just try and wear you down until you lose it with him. Think that’s all he is after. A reaction. He just loves arguing. It is his passion.
it was tongue in cheek Brian I am fully behind the club as a whole, but it is concerning going 10 games with only 1 win
Dave we didn’t play a strong enough team or take any of the cup games seriously enough so you can’t count Man U, Leicester or the Gillingham games.

Last 7 league games Won 2, Drew 3, Lost 2  it’s hardly disastrous is it?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 09:55:39 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 22, 2019, 10:04:02 pm by dickos1 »
Against Gillingham we played our strongest available 11

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 22, 2019, 10:06:03 pm by dickos1 »
One to cheer up the doom-mongers!

In their last five home games in League One, Peterborough have won 4 and drawn 1, keeping 4 clean sheets.

Imagine what they’d be like if only they had a decent manager 🙄🤭

In that case they would be like a team that had won more than one of their last five games away from home, including losses to the giants of Shrewsbury and Blackpool.

I’m sure they’re 2nd in the table

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 22, 2019, 10:30:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Be that as it may - although choosing an entirely random period, over the last seven games in League One, Bolton Wanderers have gained 50% more points than Peterborough United, so they must be shit and the manager has to be questioned - or so the logic apparently dictates.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 22, 2019, 10:52:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I seem to remember us expecting a heavy defeat when we met at the Keepmoat earlier this season.

That turned out pretty good for us, DF and his tactics will decide how the game goes for us as last time he got it all wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and i seem to remember expecting a heavy defeat at Barnsley last season and they equalised lateish  & Dingles said Rovers deserved to win .... best team since sliced bread etc   .... came away with half a loan instead of crumbs

just need a bit of "Masonic" ? school boy defending from Peterbread then a one off long range shot for 0-2 and go from there.

Sorry got to go two men in white coats at the door. :byebye:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 22, 2019, 11:13:29 pm by dickos1 »
Be that as it may - although choosing an entirely random period, over the last seven games in League One, Bolton Wanderers have gained 50% more points than Peterborough United, so they must be shit and the manager has to be questioned - or so the logic apparently dictates.

The Rotherham game isn’t a random date plucked rom thin air.
We were in good form up until the day of that game therefore from the day after that game we’ve been in dreadful form.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:42:37 pm by dickos1 »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 23, 2019, 11:31:29 am by ravenrover »
Thought you weren't going to get involved in Dockos posts
No i am not replying and haven’t directly to any of his posts. He has been laying the bait and trying to get a direct reply but i am keeping well away. It’s not good for the health and am not in any hurry to give myself high blood pressure or a heart attack.
Just not worth the agro.

I was just saying to CBcb to keep away as he is now trying to do it to him.

Now Dockos well he is a different kettle of fish all together.
The o removed and replaced with an i 🙃

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 23, 2019, 04:08:26 pm by selby »
  If Mason is playing, whoever is facing him whether Sadlier or Taylor has to push him back and take him on, he is a poor defender when backed up, can't tackle for the life of him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 04:17:51 pm by selby »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 23, 2019, 04:18:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
Mason has played in pretty much every league game for them this season. I forget the exact rules but he is currently on four yellow cards in the league and I think they get wiped after end of December? So if he can avoid getting booked against us and then on 29 December he will not get the ban. If that is right then I doubt he will be wanting to dive into any challenges on Boxing Day.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 04:22:00 pm by Chris Black come back »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 23, 2019, 05:20:09 pm by RoversAlias »
I thought the card amnesty wasn't until later in the season?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 23, 2019, 05:22:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
Could well be - as I said, I don’t know the exact rules.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 25, 2019, 08:21:01 pm by graingrover »
I am so glad you guys enjoy football so much .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 25, 2019, 08:44:17 pm by selby »
  Got a sneaky feeling 2-0 to the Rovers tomorrow.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 26, 2019, 07:49:18 am by Lesonthewest »
Next 3 games Peterborough, Sunderland and Oxford cant see a goal never mind a win against them lot.
No point in turning up then.

It’s 11 v11 how long have you been watching football. The negativity is mind blowing. Get behind your team for pete’s sake.
This negativity is getting really boring. Not just having a go at you Rovers91 your just one of many i’m afraid.
Just get behind your team and give them your proper support. Players appreciate that amazingly enough.  :that:

Any body would think we are playing Liverpool at Anfield.

Oh yes and we were bottom of the 4th div and drew at Anfield didn’t we.  :that:

I do give the players my support by going home and away but the shite they are serving up they need to start giving the fans something to support. When they are playing the way they are of course fans are going to be negative and frustrated and not jumping around with joy. But that doesn't mean fans are any less of fans and are still turning up every week spending their money to support them for that hour and half.

Agree totally think most supporters on here give 100% support on the pitch but off the pitch voice their concerns. That's not being negative, that's being realistic & having an opinion. Mine is that this is worst squad I have seen in years, & not good enough to challenge for the top half, let alone the top 6.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 26, 2019, 08:42:09 am by Campsall rover »
Next 3 games Peterborough, Sunderland and Oxford cant see a goal never mind a win against them lot.

It’s 11 v11 how long have you been watching football. The negativity is mind blowing. Get behind your team for pete’s sake.
This negativity is getting really boring. Not just having a go at you Rovers91 your just one of many i’m afraid.
Just get behind your team and give them your proper support. Players appreciate that amazingly enough.  :that:

I do give the players my support by going home and away but the shite they are serving up they need to start giving the fans something to support. When they are playing the way they are of course fans are going to be negative and frustrated and not jumping around with joy. But that doesn't mean fans are any less of fans and are still turning up every week spending their money to support them for that hour and half.

Agree totally think most supporters on here give 100% support on the pitch but off the pitch voice their concerns. That's not being negative, that's being realistic & having an opinion. Mine is that this is worst squad I have seen in years, & not good enough to challenge for the top half, let alone the top 6.
Think your missing the point i was making Lesonthewest.
If you read my other posts. There is being concerned and voicing those concerns and there is negativity.

It’s the barrage of constant negativity towards the club, manager and players without the knowledge of facts.
Budgets, wages, and availability of players as an example.
I think the great start to the season had increased expectation and now we have had a poor run of results we are getting an unwarranted no of posts criticising the club & manager.
This season is a long way from over. We have 26 games to play. 3 more than many others.
Let’s see where we are at the end of January.

Agree squad size in quality is short. But our best starting 11 is as good as any of the other top sides in the this league, minus one midfielder and a goal scoring striker. 
The missing pieces of the jigsaw is costing us but it is not major surgery that is needed.

There has been a massive over reaction on this forum in the last month or so. 
But this happens every time we draw or lose at home and lose away. It is the norm on this forum.  :crying:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:45:15 am by Campsall rover »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 26, 2019, 09:05:44 am by sha66y »
Reaction, over reaction, positivity negativity, nothing matters except results, if we produce them then we are all smiling if we don’t only half will smile and look for another excuse.....and the other half will feel vindicated . it’s football and it’s what we fans do..

Now realists!
Damn they know their onions!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 26, 2019, 10:18:24 am by Campsall rover »
Right i am off to catch the Travel Club coach.

Very much looking forward to the match today. Think it will be a cracker.
If DF has an attacking game plan then it will give us the space to play and counter attack them.
We need to do 90+ min of solid hard work today. Play as if our lives depends on it and with Ennis starting ( I hope ) then we have every chance of nicking this today and causing an upset.
If we do win we will all of a sudden become the best team since slice bread and DM can walk on water.
Can’t wait for the reaction  and the silence will be deafening from, well we know who those people are.
Of course if we lose well it will be another melt down on here saying we are miles away from competing with the top teams in this league.
Even though of course we already have outplayed, Ipswich, Peterborough, Rotherham, Fleetwood & Bristol Rovers who are all in and around the top 6

Come on the boys. Boxing Day turn round. We can do it.
Believe.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 26, 2019, 10:21:34 am by Lesonthewest »

If you read my other posts. There is being concerned and voicing those concerns and there is negativity.

It’s the barrage of constant negativity towards the club, manager and players without the knowledge of facts.
I think the great start to the season had increased expectation and now we have had a poor run of results we are getting an unwarranted no of posts criticising the club & manager.
This season is a long way from over. We have 26 games to play. 3 more than many others.

Agree squad size in quality is short. But our best starting 11 is as good as any of the other top sides in the this league, minus one midfielder and a goal scoring striker. 
The missing pieces of the jigsaw is costing us but it is not major surgery that is needed.

But this happens every time we draw or lose at home and lose away. It is the norm on this forum.  :crying:

To be fair though a lot of it isn't constant negativity, just a few. For me it's  voicing concerns over the current squad & the lack of anything decent coming in. January will show for which way we are heading, & I really hope we can bring in at the very least least 3 players who can walk straight into the first eleven. If not we will struggle, the warning signs are there for us all to see, no matter how good a coach DM is you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. That for me is realism rather than being negative
 Think we all wait with baited breath for January.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 26, 2019, 12:02:54 pm by Barmby Rover »
I have bought I follow in to watch the game, the last time we beat Southend. I just hope we have half as good a game and come away with the three points. Scraping a 0-1 win will do me.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 26, 2019, 01:34:53 pm by bpoolrover »
Can you buy if in this country as not a Saturday?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 26, 2019, 01:47:15 pm by dknward2 »
Yeah you can

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 26, 2019, 02:15:58 pm by bpoolrover »
Thank you

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 26, 2019, 03:59:34 pm by IDM »

To be fair though a lot of it isn't constant negativity, just a few. For me it's  voicing concerns over the current squad & the lack of anything decent coming in. January will show for which way we are heading, & I really hope we can bring in at the very least least 3 players who can walk straight into the first eleven. If not we will struggle, the warning signs are there for us all to see, no matter how good a coach DM is you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. That for me is realism rather than being negative
 Think we all wait with baited breath for January.

We may well sign players in the window in January but in reality the best transfers would probably happen over the summer with a full long window and not panic buying in January..

Who knows, there may well be players lined up with the work going on behind the scenes..

I’ll take the HT score today please.!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 26, 2019, 04:15:27 pm by drfchound »
I assume that you mean you will take the HT score as a full time one mate.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 26, 2019, 04:49:07 pm by LincsRover »
Naaaah! Whooping their asses, lets kick em while they’re down!  :police: :evil: :evil:

hahahaha Fergie!! 😂😂😂

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 26, 2019, 04:49:47 pm by drfchound »
Naaaah! Whooping their asses, lets kick em while they’re down!  :police: :evil: :evil:

hahahaha Fergie!! 😂😂😂

Looking forward to hearing his excuses.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 26, 2019, 04:55:34 pm by LincsRover »
All down to the players not carrying out his instructions!!  :evil:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 26, 2019, 04:59:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Biggest home hiding handed out to him in league since he came back to Peterborough. Great performance by Rovers.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 26, 2019, 05:02:18 pm by Jonathan »
If Ferguson fails to get that squad promoted then I’ll be embarrassed for him. He’s had every bit of money thrown at him that he could ever have wanted, but they still can’t seem to get further than being on the cusp of a good team. We’ve obviously had the beating of them twice this season, and comprehensively too. They should be in the automatic spots with the backing he’s had.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 26, 2019, 05:02:48 pm by LincsRover »
Let’s just hope we can kick on from this and get a run going to take us up the league. From ifollow it sounded like a great performance as well  :clapping: :clapping:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012