Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:47:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Herbie Kane  (Read 11245 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Herbie Kane
« Reply #30 on January 04, 2020, 02:41:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Very good assist from Kane for Hull's 2nd.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 04, 2020, 03:08:08 pm by dickos1 »
Hull are having a great season under mccann

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 04, 2020, 03:15:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

That's as mebbe. They were f**king dreadful today. Couldn't string two passes together against ten men. They ground out the result.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 04, 2020, 03:23:12 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Stelling must be having an "orgasm" at the minute   Oxford 0 Hartlepool 1  after 17 minutes

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 04, 2020, 03:40:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hull City are 3 points better off than they were at the same point last season. They got exactly as far in the League Cup this season, as last season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 04, 2020, 03:46:17 pm by dickos1 »
They had a disastrous second half of the season last year having been around the top 6 until the turn of the year

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 04, 2020, 03:59:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
In the first half of last season in the Championship, Hull City obtained 27 points from 23 games.

In the second half of last season in the Championship, Hull City obtained 35 points from 23 games.

The performance of Hull City in the second half of last season was around 25pc better than in the first half of last season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 04, 2020, 04:12:16 pm by dickos1 »
Aye
It may have been the season before, I can recall a season when they were one of favourites to go down but they started off really well but then dropped like a stone and only just stayed up

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 04, 2020, 04:14:23 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Hull are having a better season than I thought to be honest. I’ve seen them twice this season and wasn’t very impressed, but they do know how to grind out a result. They’re very reliant on Bowen who may be going to Villa this month. We all know GM is a good manager though, even if he is an unscrupulous tosser.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 04, 2020, 04:23:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
It will be interesting if Bowen and Grosiki leave this window also. See Eaves (one from the list) got  hatrick against league one club. Could be here had GM stayed

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 04, 2020, 08:40:03 pm by drfchound »

That's as mebbe. They were f**king dreadful today. Couldn't string two passes together against ten men. They ground out the result.

Did Hull play an under usual strength team today.
If so, perhaps that is why they weren’t too clever.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 04, 2020, 09:05:55 pm by donnievic »

Did Hull play an under usual strength team today.
If so, perhaps that is why they weren’t too clever.
micture but did leave there 2 best players on the bench for 1st hour or so

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 04, 2020, 10:14:34 pm by Retdon1 »
Grosiki Is out of contract this summer. Idd be very surprised if a lower Prem side of team from abroad don’t go for him

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 11, 2020, 11:20:39 pm by eastender »
Looks like he's played his last game for Hull , out for 3 months with Ankle ligament injury.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 11, 2020, 11:42:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's sad to hear. Football can be a very harsh game!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 12, 2020, 10:03:47 am by Colin C No.3 »
As Reece James may well be reflecting on this morning.

We’ve had our share over the years.

Alick, Alan Brown, Ray Deans, Kevin McKintyre (right spelling?), Sean McDaid, Jermaine McSporran......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:37:26 am by Colin C No.3 »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 12, 2020, 10:08:00 am by Herbert Anchovy »
As Reece James may well be reflecting on this morning.

We’ve had our share over the years.

Alick, Alan Brown, Ray Deans....anymore?

Good call - Stuart Beattie was another

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 12, 2020, 10:13:40 am by IDM »
Alan Warboys finished with an injury didn’t he.?

Willie Boyd.. Sean McDaid..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 12, 2020, 10:40:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Alan Little was never the same player after he did his cruciate ligament.

I still wince thinking about the one. Near the touchline on the Main Stand side, just outside the Cowsheds End box. He turned and his lower leg didn't because his studs caught in the turf. I swear I heard a crack as his knee ligaments went but that might be an embellishment on a 40 year old horror story.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 12, 2020, 10:54:56 am by Colin C No.3 »
Alan Warboys finished with an injury didn’t he.?

Willie Boyd.. Sean McDaid..
Went to modify the post IDM as I could picture McSporran going down the night he dislocated his knee but couldn’t bring his name to mind ( I remember it being an ‘unusual’ one!) so you beat me to the punch with McDaid.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 12, 2020, 10:55:50 am by DearneValleyRover »

I still wince thinking about the one. Near the touchline on the Main Stand side, just outside the Cowsheds End box. He turned and his lower leg didn't because his studs caught in the turf. I swear I heard a crack as his knee ligaments went but that might be an embellishment on a 40 year old horror story.

It isn’t Billy as I did mine in exactly the same way although I was playing rugby, it was a sevens tournament and 4 games were being played, they all stopped when it happened as they thought someone had just fired a shotgun. If anything you are probably playing down what you heard.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 12, 2020, 11:20:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks for that DVR! I won't sleep tonight.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 12, 2020, 11:36:49 am by Prez »
Mike Jeffrey another player who was never the same after a bad injury.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 12, 2020, 11:45:51 am by bigbadjack »
Did Ian Measham break his neck?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 12, 2020, 11:58:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Broke A BONE in his neck.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 12, 2020, 12:19:53 pm by RobTheRover »

It isn’t Billy as I did mine in exactly the same way although I was playing rugby, it was a sevens tournament and 4 games were being played, they all stopped when it happened as they thought someone had just fired a shotgun. If anything you are probably playing down what you heard.

Mine was the same.  Went with a right crack.  Scared the crap out off me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 12, 2020, 12:52:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yer gret bunch of jessies. I never had any football injury like that. I put it down to being built from granite. Our kid would claim it's because I was the neshest left back in the Dearne Sunday League.

I did once score two goals in a match after breaking my arm. I'd fallen heavily on a frozen pitch and thought I'd sprained my wrist. Hurt like buggery. We'd used all our subs so I got stuck out on the wing just holding my arm close to my chest and booting the ball away whenever it came near me. The defence realised I was no use (in fairness, they ought to have spotted that at kick-off) and left me alone. Then twice in 5 mins, we launched the ball out of defence and I was left unmarked to run through and score from the edge of the box. Went to A&E after the match and found I'd cracked my radius, just up from the wrist. So clearly not THAT nesh.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 12, 2020, 01:14:43 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Yer gret bunch of jessies. I never had any football injury like that. I put it down to being built from granite. Our kid would claim it's because I was the neshest left back in the Dearne Sunday League.

I did once score two goals in a match after breaking my arm. I'd fallen heavily on a frozen pitch and thought I'd sprained my wrist. Hurt like buggery. We'd used all our subs so I got stuck out on the wing just holding my arm close to my chest and booting the ball away whenever it came near me. The defence realised I was no use (in fairness, they ought to have spotted that at kick-off) and left me alone. Then twice in 5 mins, we launched the ball out of defence and I was left unmarked to run through and score from the edge of the box. Went to A&E after the match and found I'd cracked my radius, just up from the wrist. So clearly not THAT nesh.

Yer went to A&E?!

Me dad would ‘ave rubbed some iodine on it & ‘ad me cutting is grass wi’ ‘is push mower...that’s PUSH not PLUSH!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 12, 2020, 01:51:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
Broke A BONE in his neck.

Away at Torquay if I recall correctly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 12, 2020, 02:02:43 pm by Filo »

Yer went to A&E?!

Me dad would ‘ave rubbed some iodine on it & ‘ad me cutting is grass wi’ ‘is push mower...that’s PUSH not PLUSH!

Iodine???

f**king luxury!

Wehad to make do with cold water from the tap 🤪🤪🤪🤪

TinyPortal © 2005-2012