Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:48:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: He died like a Dog!  (Read 7852 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: He died like a Dog!
« Reply #60 on January 08, 2020, 09:42:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Fingers crossed that response was enough to satisfy Iranian honour but not enough to kill anyone and set off a cycle.

Meanwhile, I'm not a conspiracy theorist usually, but this is a bizarre coincidence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51032651

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 08, 2020, 11:42:45 am by Sandy Lane »
Phew.  I guess cooler Iranian heads prevailed.  Perhaps they realize Trump is a nut job who is being impeached and needed a distraction.  (Most ppl here do believe this scenario).  The Trump admin have been trying to come up with a plausible reason for the killing of Suleimani, but it’s a bunch of answers which do not jibe which has also confirmed suspicions.  Also, that letter which was sent to the Iranian military and then pulled back as being a ‘draft’ maybe was just pulled back because it showed our weakness and confirmed what suleimani actually wanted, which was US out of Iran.  So it is all a mess although ironically not the actual killing of Suleimani which was done with precision.

So now what?  I also wonder if someone intervened to cool the situation but I think we are not out of the woods yet.  I’m thinking they will still do something else like cyber attacks. It seems hard to believe that that will be the end of the response to this killing.

I’m not sure about the airline crash yet, but they have pulled the info that it was a mechanical failure.  I hope it’s a coincidence.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 08, 2020, 11:48:25 am by wing commander »
Iran know they have nothing to gain here,last night proved how weak they are military,with most of the missile either failing to detonate falling short or either failing to launch at all...Thay was a planned response designed not to actually kill anybody but to satisfy their peoples honour..I suspect even Trump will recognise that.In some ways that was the best response short term we could have hoped for in the scheme of things..

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 08, 2020, 12:14:49 pm by turnbull for england »
Makes  you wonder if the 'retaliation'  was almost agreed mutually . no one hurt ,  honour upheld ,  both sides now seen to have stood up to the other . Like walking the ball in after a dodgy goal

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 08, 2020, 08:19:08 pm by selby »
  Conversation will have gone like this. Just kill a couple of goats on the perimeter, and put afew pock marks in the runway.
 Anything else and you are a goner, we will just take you out like your mate.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 08, 2020, 08:43:13 pm by Sprotyrover »
Still not looking good for NATO these are the latest readiness figures for the equipment of the German Armed forces, I bet the French and Italians are equally as appallingly bag!

The 2018 ‘Report on the Operational Readiness of the Bundeswehr Primary Weapons Systems’ was presented to Germany’s lower house of parliament with the following headline availability figures.

Typhoon jets: 39 of 128
Tornado jets: 26 of 93
CH-53 transport helicopters: 16 of 72
NH-90 transport helicopters: 13 of 58
Tiger attack helicopters: 12 of 62
A400M transport aircraft: 3 of 15
Leopard 2 tanks: 105 of 224
Frigates: 5 of 13
Submarines: 0 out of 6
According to local media, the German Defence Ministry said that a higher number of training missions and deployments since Russia’s intervention in eastern Ukraine in 2014 had caused existing equipment to wear down quicker than it had previously.

“It’s a real disaster for the Navy, it’s the first time in history that there will not be any submarine operating for months,” warned the president of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the German Parliament, Hans-Peter Bartels, in an interview published at the time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 08, 2020, 09:26:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  Conversation will have gone like this. Just kill a couple of goats on the perimeter, and put afew pock marks in the runway.

Iran is a country of 80million, fiercely nationalistic people, with a history of fighting.

Do you reckon America has the stomach to conscript 2million 20 year olds to go and permanently occupy them?

Because if they go in and decapitate their leadership, without having some plan for how to contain the ensuing chaos, I'll tell you now - your great-great-grandkids will still be dealing with the consequences.

America has turned a blind eye to this response because it is at least as much in their favour as it is in Iran's to do so. The grown-ups have managed to keep a lid on this example if Trump's petulance. Let's just hope they keep him on a lead until he gets voted out in 10 months time.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 08, 2020, 10:34:26 pm by Sprotyrover »
I reckon most Iranians rue the day that Homeni was let off the leash by the French!
Take out the snake head and they will be as docile as Sheep.
What have they have since 1978? Sweet Franklyn Abbott!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 09, 2020, 08:51:55 am by wing commander »

Iran is a country of 80million, fiercely nationalistic people, with a history of fighting.

Do you reckon America has the stomach to conscript 2million 20 year olds to go and permanently occupy them?

Because if they go in and decapitate their leadership, without having some plan for how to contain the ensuing chaos, I'll tell you now - your great-great-grandkids will still be dealing with the consequences.

America has turned a blind eye to this response because it is at least as much in their favour as it is in Iran's to do so. The grown-ups have managed to keep a lid on this example if Trump's petulance. Let's just hope they keep him on a lead until he gets voted out in 10 months time.

If you think Trump will get voted out in 10 month's I fear you are very much mistaken.America's economy is booming compaired to when he came into power and they love the America first attitude.He will be re-elected at a canter..

Trump has actually played this very well.He has eliminated a very big prize.Shown Iran he wont be messed with regardless of the concequences.And when it came down to the wire,the weakness of Irans response has shown them up for their sabre rattling.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 09, 2020, 09:32:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wing Co.

I've no idea where you get this concept from that the US economy is booming. It's simply not. It's ticked along throughout Trump's time at something below the average growth rate of the last few decades, and has dropped off even that over the past year.

Secondly...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-the-most-unpopular-president-since-ford-to-run-for-reelection/

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 09, 2020, 04:03:56 pm by foxbat »
to recap:
Trump is a genius but you can't see his grades
Trump is healthy but you can't see his medical report
Trump is wealthy but you can't see his tax returns
the call was perfect but you can't question his advisors
Sulemani was an imminent threat but you can't see the intel

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 09, 2020, 07:27:25 pm by Sprotyrover »
Looks like the Airliner was downed by Iranian Missiles not a good start for Irans Revenge against the great Satan!
As for their threat to keep sparking off missiles ! we all know who is gonna win that Card game!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 09, 2020, 07:37:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No thoughts of condolences for the 160-odd folk who died there Sproty? No thoughts about the unnecessary escalation that led to this horrific error?

Just a post full of excited exclamation marks?

Quite disgusting to be frank.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 09, 2020, 07:40:02 pm by Sprotyrover »
No thoughts of condolences for the 160-odd folk who died there Sproty? No thoughts about the unnecessary escalation that led to this horrific error?

Just a post full of excited exclamation marks?

Quite disgusting to be frank.
Talking of Condolences where are yours???

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 09, 2020, 07:43:10 pm by wilts rover »
Lucky that Trump assassinated that terrorist Colonel then so no innocent people on aeroplanes would ever be killed...

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 09, 2020, 08:10:04 pm by Sprotyrover »
Lucky that Trump assassinated that terrorist Colonel then so no innocent people on aeroplanes would ever be killed...
Clearly the Iranian Air defence system is pathetic how else could you possibly manage to shoot down a scheduled Air flight approximately 2 minutes after it has taken off from your Major International Air Port.
An ill disciplined rabble is what they are! No wonder all flights have been pulled.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 09, 2020, 08:30:32 pm by wilts rover »
Clearly the Iranian Air defence system is pathetic how else could you possibly manage to shoot down a scheduled Air flight approximately 2 minutes after it has taken off from your Major International Air Port.
An ill disciplined rabble is what they are! No wonder all flights have been pulled.

As I said, it's lucky that Trump killed that Colonel then so innocent people on aircraft will now be safe...

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 09, 2020, 08:51:12 pm by Sprotyrover »
Trump didn't shoot down that plane the Iranians did,they have been on edge since the summer attacks on the Saudi Oil field, don't blame Trump for their idiocy.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 09, 2020, 10:02:50 pm by wilts rover »
Trump didn't shoot down that plane the Iranians did,they have been on edge since the summer attacks on the Saudi Oil field, don't blame Trump for their idiocy.

When have I blamed Trump!! I said it was lucky that Trump assassinated that Colonel so keep people safe because he said he had intelligence that he was planning to kill innocent people.

The fact he has not shared that intelligence, indeed appears to be rowing back from confirming that there is any, the Colonel was actually conducting peace talks - and that innocent people have now been killed - is I am sure you would agree a total coincidence.

When you annoy mad people don't be surprised if they do mad things.

Trump didn't shoot down that plane but if that Colonel was still alive - would those people on it still be alive Sproty?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 09, 2020, 10:37:26 pm by Sprotyrover »
How long is a piece of string ? they have been trigger Happy since their rocket Attack on The Saudi Oil facility. I am not surprised this has happened

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 09, 2020, 10:48:08 pm by Sprotyrover »
If that Airliner had been flying over Tehran at 37000 feet. I might have had some sympathy for your pathetic post Wilts but it had just taken off from The major International Airport and if some Twit shot it Down, then the only blame lies on Iran.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 09, 2020, 11:33:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
After the USS Vincennes shot down Iranian airliner CA655 killing 290 people, it was suggested by US authorities that "scenario fulfillment " was at fault. This is where stressed operatives in a dangerous situation effectively see what they want to see in the evidence in front of them. If it can happen to the very best equipped armed force in the world, it can happen to anyone.

I, thank God, and I'm assuming you Sproty, have no idea what pressure the Iranian air defence people would have been under the other night. I'd imagine they would have been stressed to the maximum, expecting a response from the US forces.

None of that excuses the horrific and tragic mistake, but it sets it in context. It's beneath contempt to belittle the issue with some of the language that you've used.

Given the context, I'd suggest that Wilts in right on the money suggesting that this tragedy would almost certainly not have happened if the stakes hadn't been raised by the assassination of Solemani.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 10, 2020, 07:39:35 am by Sprotyrover »
After the USS Vincennes shot down Iranian airliner CA655 killing 290 people, it was suggested by US authorities that "scenario fulfillment " was at fault. This is where stressed operatives in a dangerous situation effectively see what they want to see in the evidence in front of them. If it can happen to the very best equipped armed force in the world, it can happen to anyone.

I, thank God, and I'm assuming you Sproty, have no idea what pressure the Iranian air defence people would have been under the other night. I'd imagine they would have been stressed to the maximum, expecting a response from the US forces.

None of that excuses the horrific and tragic mistake, but it sets it in context. It's beneath contempt to belittle the issue with some of the language that you've used.

Given the context, I'd suggest that Wilts in right on the money suggesting that this tragedy would almost certainly not have happened if the stakes hadn't been raised by the assassination of Solemani.
And I totally disagree,Justin Trudeau seems to agree with me too, unfortunately they Canada do not have the military capability to pay back the Iranian military in full for its complete f*** up i.e. 16 missiles per life lost, which is what the silly t**ts will be expecting .in accordance with their own practises and beliefs as demonstrated earlier this week.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:59:02 pm by Sprotyrover »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 10, 2020, 10:52:24 am by wing commander »

How far back to you want to go Billy??? Irans attack on the Saudi oil fields?? Iran's hijacking of the oil tankers?? Iranian backed terrorist attacks...His planned attack on the US embassy last week..

You cant watch all that go by,then blame Trump when he said I've had enough of this,they needputting back in their box..Unless your Jeremy Corbyn of course and look what people thought of that..

The airliner was a tragedy no doubt and with all conflicts over the age of time,it's the innocent that have paid the full price.However the bottom line for me is that Iran have been getting bolder and bolder,prodding the beast with a stick and with every non reaction they get braver still...The US actions have given them a sharp reminder on what can come their way and the Iranians folded away like a damp squib.

Innocents have died and that's awful,but the events of the last few days have been minor in the scheme of things and maybe better now than waiting for Iran to keep getting braver and do something the whole world will regret.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 10, 2020, 02:00:10 pm by Not Now Kato »
It's quite amazing that, way back in 2011, a visionary would predict exactly what would happen the other day; and why it would happen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSrC7-ERrE4

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 10, 2020, 06:04:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
WingCo

I think you've misunderstood my post.

I'm not using the Iran Air 665 event to justify what Iran did the other night. This isn't some sort of accounting book exercise. I'm saying that the concept of scenario fulfillment was suggested as a reason behind that terrible event, and I suspect something very similar happened in this terrible event.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 10, 2020, 06:19:22 pm by wilts rover »

How far back to you want to go Billy??? Irans attack on the Saudi oil fields?? Iran's hijacking of the oil tankers?? Iranian backed terrorist attacks...His planned attack on the US embassy last week..

You cant watch all that go by,then blame Trump when he said I've had enough of this,they needputting back in their box..Unless your Jeremy Corbyn of course and look what people thought of that..

The airliner was a tragedy no doubt and with all conflicts over the age of time,it's the innocent that have paid the full price.However the bottom line for me is that Iran have been getting bolder and bolder,prodding the beast with a stick and with every non reaction they get braver still...The US actions have given them a sharp reminder on what can come their way and the Iranians folded away like a damp squib.

Innocents have died and that's awful,but the events of the last few days have been minor in the scheme of things and maybe better now than waiting for Iran to keep getting braver and do something the whole world will regret.

I hear what you have to say WC and you deserve some respect for your past service.

However it is the same argument that was used when Sadam Hussein and Gadafi were taken out - how did that play out?

Or as a bloke who works at dealing with the outcome of terrorism and who has himself stopped a terrorist attack said today:

The man who used a narwhal tusk to tackle the London Bridge terrorist Usman Khan has accused Donald Trump of “feeding terror” with his belligerent Middle East policy, warning it will breed more murderous attackers like the one he and others faced.

In his first interview since Khan killed two people and injured several more at a criminal justice conference on 29 November, Darryn Frost said the US president’s decision to assassinate General Qassem Suleimani would cost lives and added: “The next generation of terrorists will rise as a direct result of these actions and we must condemn them now.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/man-who-tackled-london-bridge-attacker-with-narwhal-tusk-says-trump-is-feeding-terror

You get back to me in a month, a year, 5 years and tell me how much safer Trump has made us - then I will believe you.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on January 10, 2020, 07:00:26 pm by foxbat »
347 people were in 2x 737 Max crashes in 2018/19. 
Turns out issues were concealed from regulators

Same plane that crashed over Iran.

In a 2017 exchange, an employee wrote: “This aeroplane is designed by clowns who in turn are supervised by monkeys.”

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 10, 2020, 07:08:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Foxbat.

It wasn't a 737 Max in the Iran tragedy.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 10, 2020, 07:14:11 pm by foxbat »
misled by twitter on that , but a useful reminder for anyone thinking about Yankee trade deals

TinyPortal © 2005-2012