Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 05:35:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy Sharp  (Read 6863 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Billy Sharp
« on January 07, 2020, 12:37:21 am by mrfrostsdad »
Been told he can leave Sheff United in January and Middlesborough and Forest want him.
Bugger. Shame we can't afford his wages. Assuming he'll go on a free as United paid next to nothing for him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Billy Sharp
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2020, 07:42:57 am by DRNaith »
He'd still go to a Championship club over a league one club

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2020, 08:25:01 am by mrfrostsdad »

I'm sure he would. He's been the best Championship striker this century by a country mile.
I still think he has a liking for us though and we can dream...........

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2020, 08:30:42 am by NickDRFC »

I'm sure he would. He's been the best Championship striker this century by a country mile.
I still think he has a liking for us though and we can dream...........

Dream, but don’t make dreams your master.

Can’t see it unfortunately if there are play off chasing Championship sides after him.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2020, 01:50:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
What about league one play-off chasing hopefuls? Does that count? Certainly less miles to drive.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2020, 01:52:43 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Time for Copps to use his powers of persuasion?

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2020, 02:00:15 pm by Move DRFC »
Don't see why he'd want to leave really, been there done it in the Championship and is probably loving just being involved at what is becoming a memorable season for his boyhood club. He's getting off the bench in the Prem and I'm sure he'll be content with that.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2020, 02:31:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Been told he can leave Sheff United in January and Middlesborough and Forest want him.
Bugger. Shame we can't afford his wages. Assuming he'll go on a free as United paid next to nothing for him
can someone please find that post on here less than a week ago saying "sharp was going nowhere " in the January window

now he's being "defenestrated"  in the January "window"  :suicide:

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2020, 02:36:42 pm by jackthelad »
Never in a million years.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2020, 08:38:32 am by mrfrostsdad »
Don't see why he'd want to leave really, been there done it in the Championship and is probably loving just being involved at what is becoming a memorable season for his boyhood club. He's getting off the bench in the Prem and I'm sure he'll be content with that.

He may not want to go but seemingly the manager has other ideas

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2020, 08:53:55 am by Chris Black come back »
Billy Sharp will not be joining us on loan this window. Get real!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2020, 09:01:54 am by mrfrostsdad »

I don't think anyone has said he will, just that Wilder has said he can go. Why would he want to come to us when Middlesborough or Forest would probably pay him three times as much.
Don't think he will be going anywhere on loan either. Once he's gone they won't want him back

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2020, 09:06:01 am by Donnybax »
Its a shame for him I thought he’d be a good option off the bench for them if they needed a goal in the last 20 of a game. A bit like Kevin Phillips used to be

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2020, 10:10:12 am by northern soul »

I don't think anyone has said he will, just that Wilder has said he can go. Why would he want to come to us when Middlesborough or Forest would probably pay him three times as much.
Don't think he will be going anywhere on loan either. Once he's gone they won't want him back

If he's 'only' going out on loan, then he's gonna get paid the same no matter which club he's at, more or less (I don't know how win bonuses etc work for loans) if that's the case it'll be a choice of how much percentage clubs are offering and where he wants to go.
If it's a sale or free, we're probably not in the running.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2020, 10:16:41 am by dickos1 »
Wilder has said he doesn’t want him to go but will listen to him if he said he wanted more regular football. But that hadn’t happened as of yet

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2020, 10:44:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, he can pick and choose. Whatever he decides to do, he's earned the right to be in that position and I don't think anyone will begrudge him that. We know his wife and family come first so no doubt that will play a part in his next move, if he does decide to move on.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2020, 10:57:11 am by andysly »
To be honest if I were BS I’d see the season out at SU. It’s going to be a successful season for them and even if it means just getting the odd 10/15 mins of it he’d want to be part of it.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2020, 11:34:35 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It must be something special to be part of, especially from Billy's perspective and being a big part of the Blades revival.

As someone said, they don't just regard each game as just a match, it's an event.

We've had a few big games over the years with media attention but can you imagine it being like that every week! Knowing Billy, he'll be like a big kid in a sweetshop eventhough he's not getting much game time.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2020, 11:37:38 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I mentioned this on another thread that my pal had a very quick chat with BS sometime ago. He said that the Blades will always be his club but that he loves DRFC and would consider coming back if the time's right.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 08, 2020, 11:46:14 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I mentioned this on another thread that my pal had a very quick chat with BS sometime ago. He said that the Blades will always be his club but that he loves DRFC and would consider coming back if the time's right.

I'm sure he would. He still banters with Copps about it!

He did me a big favour last season by signing a shirt (Blades shirt) for my Blades supporting mates 50th birthday. I don't think he would have done it if I hadn't been a Rovers supporter. In fact, I first approached the Blades and they didn't want to know, but as soon as Billy heard from me via the Rovers he took it upon himself to sign his match shirt and get all the other players to sign it. That's a sign of his generosity and thoughts for us.

I should also say a big thanks to Rovers for organising this for me, which also says alot about our club too!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 08, 2020, 02:10:39 pm by phil old leake »
Let’s keep our fingers crossed and our toes and anything else.

I’ll be amazed if he came back but there’s no harm in dreaming

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 08, 2020, 02:16:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I mean, if we are allowed to indulge including alot of sentiment from both sides, we could probably make a reasonable business case to the board. How many more would he add to the gate for starters?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 08, 2020, 02:57:28 pm by dknward2 »
If Billy was to leave on loan would he be first choice at middlesbro or forest I dunno as I don't know what there sqaud is like would he be first choice here answer, yes definitely.

Does he love it here and do we love him yes to both.

Some players just love to play football so it could happen.

Personally I don't think it will not this season he should stay with the blades and get as much time as possible even of the bench if on of the other forwards gets injured he could find him self 1st choice

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 08, 2020, 02:59:32 pm by drfchound »
If Billy was to leave on loan would he be first choice at middlesbro or forest I dunno as I don't know what there sqaud is like would he be first choice here answer, yes definitely.

Personally I don't think it will not this season he should stay with the blades and get as much time as possible even of the bench if on of the other forwards gets injured he could find him self 1st choice

Billy has already wasted about a year of his career sitting on the bench at Southampton and Reading.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 08, 2020, 03:04:51 pm by dknward2 »
Think if he went anywhere he would have to be given 1st team starter in his loan deal.

I'm sure he would rather sit on the bench at blades than maybe get a game at championship level, I guess it depends on who they get in in January

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 08, 2020, 03:05:28 pm by phil old leake »
He’s got to think about his long term future after football for his family.  He’s getting towards the end of his career like Leon Clarke. If I was him I’d chase the money which probably means staying at blades. Can’t see anyone matching premiership wages
I’d love to see him put football first but he’d be silly. I’d like to think he’s set up for life but the extra half mill or million won’t go amiss for him and his family

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 08, 2020, 03:15:20 pm by IDM »
I heard Leeds were an option..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 08, 2020, 03:31:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
For Billy, Leeds isn't a bad shout. Bamford is not fit to lace his boots as a player and a man!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 08, 2020, 07:03:30 pm by NickDRFC »

Billy has already wasted about a year of his career sitting on the bench at Southampton and Reading.

I don’t think he would see getting Premier League game time at his boyhood club as “a waste”, even if his game time is limited. Like others have said, it’s unlikely he’ll leave unless he’s told he won’t even make the bench in the second half of the season.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 08, 2020, 07:53:13 pm by phil old leake »
I get that but he has played in premiership now and scored
I looked at the blades fa cup team sheet and thought then his time was up. He was on the bench and wilder started Leon Clarke in front of him

TinyPortal © 2005-2012