Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:28:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton appeal  (Read 15197 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Bolton appeal
« Reply #120 on January 08, 2020, 07:59:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It was supposedly a guy called Nick Craig, although I don't think that was the name I read on the Bolton forum.

Either way, as a representative of the EFL he has failed to protect his member clubs in favour of one other.

Interesting the report has already been circulated to clubs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on January 08, 2020, 08:20:36 pm by dknward2 »
It’s over however it’s also not as I can see other clubs like Macclesfield who had points taken off them instantly for not playing (they had more reason to by not having players that hadn’t been paid) appealing also Andy Holt has been on Twitter saying it’s not right and has said its because of who the team was.

Just need to beat them on the pitch home and away. Who knows they maybe relegated by the time we play them away for the rearranged game

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 08, 2020, 08:48:23 pm by drfchound »
We should all go to their place and celebrate their relegation with them.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on January 08, 2020, 09:21:17 pm by silent majority »
It was supposedly a guy called Nick Craig, although I don't think that was the name I read on the Bolton forum.

Either way, as a representative of the EFL he has failed to protect his member clubs in favour of one other.

I don't think it's Nick Craig. I know Nick and he heads up the Public Relations side of the business.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on January 08, 2020, 09:41:43 pm by NickDRFC »

I don't think it's Nick Craig. I know Nick and he heads up the Public Relations side of the business.

According to Linked In, Nick Craig is “Director of Legal Affairs” at the EFL.

“An experiences solicitor currently responsible for covering a variety of issues within an in house environment, together with an active role in the management of the business. Significant experience regarding the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts as well as the provision of legal advice across all areas of the business”.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 08, 2020, 09:56:49 pm by RoversAlias »
It is Nick Craig, a screengrab circulated on social media from a site called The Lawyer of his profile and it described him as "The Football League's in-house solicitor and Bolton die-hard Nick Craig".

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on January 08, 2020, 10:00:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It is Nick Craig, a screengrab circulated on social media from a site called The Lawyer of his profile and it described him as "The Football League's in-house solicitor and Bolton die-hard Nick Craig".

Oh dear.....................

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on January 08, 2020, 11:22:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, just confirmed the same. First mentioned back in December by both Bury and Macclesfield fans who questioned why Bolton are getting favourable treatment and the involvement of Nick Craig is a conflict of interest.

We do not know whether Nick Craig played any part in the case however, maybe the report issued to clubs might shed more light.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on January 09, 2020, 09:27:37 am by silent majority »
Must have got my Nicks' mixed up!

Just to add, of course all the EFL employees are a supporter of one club or another. Most tend to be Preston fans, obviously, but there are two DRFC fans who work in that office too.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:30:13 am by silent majority »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on January 09, 2020, 10:00:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Just to add, of course all the EFL employees are a supporter of one club or another. Most tend to be Preston fans, obviously, but there are two DRFC fans who work in that office too.

Of course they will be fans, but surely quite questionable in this case for the legal person to be a supporter of the club?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 09, 2020, 10:29:39 am by andysly »
Interesting that Frank Rennie suggests we should be angry with the EFL not Bolton.
Surely if Bolton hadn’t caused this nonsense the EFL wouldn’t have needed to show their incompetence.
It’s like being burgled & getting angry at the Judge for giving a light sentence and forgetting about the scrote that’s robbed your telly.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on January 09, 2020, 10:47:22 am by silent majority »

Of course they will be fans, but surely quite questionable in this case for the legal person to be a supporter of the club?

Its not a given though Andy, I've always been surprised at how many people actually work in football who are not football fans at all. And then, surprised at some of the choices of people who are football fans as well. Some work at clubs but are major fans of others for instance.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on January 09, 2020, 10:52:17 am by IDM »
I used to know a Southend fan quite well.  He was an accountant and got a job with the club, he thought it would be a perfect mix.  It didn’t last as he fell out of love with his boyhood club fairly soon after..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 09, 2020, 10:59:21 am by since-1969 »
Interesting that Frank Rennie suggests we should be angry with the EFL not Bolton.
Surely if Bolton hadn’t caused this nonsense the EFL wouldn’t have needed to show their incompetence.
It’s like being burgled & getting angry at the Judge for giving a light sentence and forgetting about the scrote that’s robbed your telly.
I’m sure Bolton’s approach was pre determined and calculated when they chose to  cancel the game on the grounds of health and safety, as it covered them as an employer showing concern for it employees  and that the rules at the time would back them up .
DRFC have been hung out to dry and made to look unreasonable and selfish for protesting about the cancellation. There is little doubt that the rules were exploited as the punishment handed to them was more for not providing sufficient notice to DRFC  and not for disrespect and a blatant rule break . There doesn’t seem that any objection  that will change anything now . I would like to think that Bolton would make an offer to DRFC of free tickets to everyone and show a little magnanimity and dignity to this as they have without doubt brought the game into disrepute!

Catte

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 09, 2020, 12:50:03 pm by Catte »
We should all go to their place and celebrate their relegation with them.

You will all be welcome. Most of us are expecting this outcome just happy to have a club to support and the chance to visit some new stadiums.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on January 09, 2020, 01:48:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
“...and the chance to visit some new stadiums and cheat new clubs in new ways”.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 09, 2020, 02:18:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I agree with him, as the EFL should have acted. As soon as their takeover didn't happen immediately  after their opening game, as the Administrator assured them, they should have suspended them until the takeover was completed. They could have issued the 14 day notice for expulsion at that point, as this was likely to have knocked heads together to get it done.

Catte

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on January 09, 2020, 03:55:17 pm by Catte »
“...and the chance to visit some new stadiums and cheat new clubs in new ways”.

Yawn

Catte

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on January 09, 2020, 04:01:10 pm by Catte »

I agree with him, as the EFL should have acted. As soon as their takeover didn't happen immediately  after their opening game, as the Administrator assured them, they should have suspended them until the takeover was completed. They could have issued the 14 day notice for expulsion at that point, as this was likely to have knocked heads together to get it done.

Absolutely, we were surprised the EFL Prevented Bury starting the season and allowed us to start. That was a huge mistake and has impacted the Division and a number of clubs benefitted from giving us a kicking early doors. I think for the new board it was a baptism of fire and I doubt with hindsight they would handle this in the same way again.
They may get the opportunity as I believe there are a number of clubs that are on the brink of a similar scenario and a couple are a fair size.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on January 09, 2020, 04:51:57 pm by drfchound »

Its not a given though Andy, I've always been surprised at how many people actually work in football who are not football fans at all. And then, surprised at some of the choices of people who are football fans as well. Some work at clubs but are major fans of others for instance.

Much the same as players then SM.
They have their boyhood teams but more often than not, end up playing against them somewhere down the line.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 09, 2020, 09:27:07 pm by RedRover45 »
It's strange that Mr Flynn can exert so much influence over a situation to 'his' clubs advantage. Perhaps Martin could confirm that when a referee starts out on his career, he is asked if he has a 'favourite' club and steps are taken that he cannot referee that club in any fixture.
Why is this so different and plans are in place for this scenario ?
It seems to me that the EFL have been at best careless, and at worse knowingly negligent in assigning rules.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on January 09, 2020, 09:40:13 pm by drfchound »
I bet that those couple of DRFC fans that work in the office don’t sit on the panel that made the decision on the Bolton v Rovers cancelled match.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on January 09, 2020, 10:27:25 pm by silent majority »
I bet that those couple of DRFC fans that work in the office don’t sit on the panel that made the decision on the Bolton v Rovers cancelled match.

The panel wasn't made up of any EFL staff, so it's fairly unlikely anyone was a DRFC fan.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on January 10, 2020, 09:50:57 am by drfchound »

The panel wasn't made up of any EFL staff, so it's fairly unlikely anyone was a DRFC fan.

Ok, perhaps I should have put “representatives of the EFL” panel and you know what I was saying anyway.
It was relative to Nick Craig being a Bolton fan having an important say in proceedings as was being discussed in earlier posts.
My reference to the DRFC fans was in relation to your post, as below.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on January 11, 2020, 08:41:35 pm by Reesielad »
Bolton fan base in complete meltdown on Twitter. “Hill out” seems to be the flavour of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on January 11, 2020, 08:43:43 pm by drfchound »
I would be more than happy for Hill to stay with Bolton, at least until we have played them.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on January 11, 2020, 08:48:24 pm by Reesielad »
I would be more than happy for Hill to stay with Bolton, at least until we have played them.

Agree! The 4 games against Rochdale this season and 4 times they have been beat.

I’m really looking forward to our games with them and hopefully our main 11 are all fit for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on January 11, 2020, 09:42:34 pm by LincsRover »
Of course, if our main 11 are fit they’ll just postpone it until we’re on our arses with injuries & suspensions!! Cheating b*st*rds!  :evil:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 09:45:12 pm by LincsRover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on January 11, 2020, 09:48:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Of course, if our main 11 are fit they’ll just postpone it until we’re on our arses with injuries & suspensions!! Cheating b*st*rds!  :evil:
Cancel/ not fulfill / cry off / run away  :laugh:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on January 14, 2020, 10:07:27 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Snippets taken from the report of the appeal.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/how-much-compensation-did-doncaster-rovers-received-cancelled-bolton-wanderers-fixture-panel-rules-trotters-could-have-done-more-avoid-it-1364021

At least we have received some compensation. The judge said Bolton could have done more to avoid it, yet the obvious sanction was still not applied!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012