Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:58:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rakish Bingham  (Read 7982 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Re: Rakish Bingham
« Reply #30 on January 11, 2020, 09:25:30 pm by 5 on Tour »
He’s shown he can do it.

Imagine that in 3 months time we are 0-0 and need a win to secure the playoffs(or better) and he comes on and does that. Even if he does nothing between now and then. If that’s what he can contribute for what is, presumably, a comparatively low expenditure then keep him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 12, 2020, 12:22:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
Put it this way.

If you could expect that sort of cameo from him every game, it'd be stupid not to keep him.

There was something about him in a couple of late sub appearances when he first joined that made me think he could do us a job. If he CAN, that would be a big bonus.

Should also add that just before he came on, while he was warming up, Moore walked down the touchline, put his arm round Bingham's shoulder and was talking very animatedly and pointing things out in our left attack area.

I'm liking Darren Moore more with every passing game. Lord knows what he said, but I'd bet it wasn't unconnected to how we scored our second.

Problem is, you can't!

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 12, 2020, 08:43:46 am by Paul Simpson »
He hasn’t enough games to prove himself imo. He might be worth keeping and using on the wing? As others have said he won’t be costing much and he may prove to be a good gamble once he finds his confidence? ⚽️😀

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 12, 2020, 09:57:24 am by sha66y »
He wouldn’t be here now if the Manager didn’t rate him, ....

He came on and scored a goal, isn’t that what we want, isn’t DM thinking he made the perfect substitution .....?

not sure what he’s done to upset some on here?

Perhaps some just don’t like him because he didn’t come here with a great CV,...... a bit like Halliday in the early games, ....but I think he has earned his stripes now...

Well done Darren for an inspired game plan and pin point Substitutions, that turned a possible 0-0 into a convincing win

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 12, 2020, 10:00:53 am by Colin C No.3 »
I think some posters are getting carried away by a 15-20 minute appearance at the end of a game where the opposition were poor & had ‘been run into the ground’ (a quote from a poster who was at the game). From what I’ve seen of him we need better.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 12, 2020, 10:01:19 am by the vicar »
He’s shown he can do it.

Imagine that in 3 months time we are 0-0 and need a win to secure the playoffs(or better) and he comes on and does that. Even if he does nothing between now and then. If that’s what he can contribute for what is, presumably, a comparatively low expenditure then keep him.
once

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 12, 2020, 10:03:36 am by drfchound »
Twice.
Cup game too.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 12, 2020, 10:04:22 am by sha66y »
I think some posters are getting carried away by a 15-20 minute appearance at the end of a game where the opposition were poor & had ‘been run into the ground’ (a quote from a poster who was at the game). From what I’ve seen of him we need better.

And if that is to be his function , I see no problems as long as he can get us a goal....
I don’t think many on here see him as the main striker, but little cameo roles at the right stage of a game might be a change for the better...

In my opinion

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 12, 2020, 10:08:58 am by IDM »
A low cost option for an occasional cameo from the bench.?

From what we have seen so far, many fans would be concerned if this lad was expected to be a regular first team starter, but an option from the bench as part of a wider squad, is that the end of the world.?

Even if we bring in 3 or 4 players better than Bingham there may be a time when 2 or 3 of them are injured.

He’s probably not going to be taking too much of the budget either..

I wouldn’t be crying if he left us when his deal expires but I won’t be busting my guts on here in anger if he stays either

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 12, 2020, 10:14:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I'm not sure who these "some" people are, but as the person who started this thread, I'm certainly not getting carried away about anything.

I'm simply talking about an undeniable fact that, if we'd signed that kid from Norwich, he'd come on for the last 20 mins and in injury time he'd out-muscled a defender to win a ball he had no right to win, laid it off then sprinted 60 yards to pick up the ball in the box with a perfect touch which gave him space to hammer a shot into the far corner, we'd all be wetting our pants.

I find it odd that folk in here aren't giving credit to Bingham for that, but are just sticking the boot into the lad.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 12, 2020, 10:14:53 am by Alan Southstand »
If that little bit of the budget can go towards securing our striker, then I know what I’d prefer it was used for!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 12, 2020, 10:16:49 am by keith79 »
Are people changing their minds?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 12, 2020, 10:17:39 am by drfchound »
If that little bit of the budget can go towards securing our striker, then I know what I’d prefer it was used for!

From what we keep getting told Alan, there is lots of dosh left in the kitty.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 12, 2020, 10:24:38 am by sha66y »
Are people changing their minds?

About Bingham...NO! ...some just can’t !

He isn’t the big bad no9 we expect, yet I fear whichever big bad no9 we eventually do get ...he better score every game, be powerful in the air in every game, bring our attack minded midfield into play every game, and not be asking for huge wages

Anything less and the most loyal knowledgable fan base will tear him to pieces...lol..

Or to précis : some of our fans are Managers in disguise

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 12, 2020, 10:26:18 am by Graham Hirst »
Let's be sensible and honest here,his career stats wherever he's been are very poor for a striker, there's not a striker anywhere that's not scored a great goal , dosn't make them a good striker, unfortunately for me he's not the man to take us forward, but if your reading this Rakish I'd love to be proved wrong

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 12, 2020, 10:28:22 am by IDM »
I don’t think we are suggesting he would be the one to take us forward, but perhaps could play more of a supporting role in the squad.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 12, 2020, 10:31:44 am by Bentley Bullet »
I got a treble twenty on the dartboard at the local yesterday. Shame really that no one was in the bar to witness it, they always take cover in the lounge when I play darts.

If only they knew how good I really can be.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 12, 2020, 10:36:24 am by sha66y »
Let's be sensible and honest here,his career stats wherever he's been are very poor for a striker, there's not a striker anywhere that's not scored a great goal , dosn't make them a good striker, unfortunately for me he's not the man to take us forward, but if your reading this Rakish I'd love to be proved wrong

No one is going to dispute a single word of that, however...
We do not know what is in Darren’s mind regarding what he wants,  we the fans know that a goal scorer is needed, according to how WE see the game unfolding,
alas the Manager sees the game differently to us, and probably feels that developing a player that given the opportunity can score a goal is worth sticking with if managed correctly,

He proved that yesterday, .....because I didn’t see that substitution coming
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:53:21 am by sha66y »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 12, 2020, 10:40:42 am by sha66y »
I got a treble twenty on the dartboard at the local yesterday. Shame really that no one was in the bar to witness it, they always take cover in the lounge when I play darts.

If only they knew how good I really can be.

But if Jockey Wilson watched you get ya treble, and said “ I think you could develop into a great darts player”
I bet no one in the other room would believe it.....until you believed it yourself....cmon Jockey! Make BB a champion for chrissake...lol

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 12, 2020, 10:46:23 am by anton123 »
The main thing I noticed with Bingham yesterday was he could be bothered and put himself about and hassled the back line , the first time iv seen him do it , Moore needs to show him the game back and say more of this and he could be a decent super sub in last 10 when defences are tired but not a starter

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 12, 2020, 10:48:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It never ceases to amaze me, this insistence in some of our fanbase to fixedly refuse to give credit to certain players whom they have decided are shit.

I commented on this years ago. There's a feeling among some Donny folk that optimism is a weakness. You leave yourself exposed to the risk of looking naive if you're optimistic. So it's safer to stick the boot in.

That second goal yesterday was an absolute gem. And there are a lot of people on here whose response to that has been to repeat that Bingham is no good.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 12, 2020, 11:07:12 am by SydneyRover »
Watched the highlights today that goal was superb, supersub for me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 12, 2020, 11:14:46 am by silent majority »
I don’t think we are suggesting he would be the one to take us forward, but perhaps could play more of a supporting role in the squad.

It could well be the case. Not sure why some posters think it's one or the other, Rakish or a new number 9, when it could well be both.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 12, 2020, 02:53:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It never ceases to amaze me, this insistence in some of our fanbase to fixedly refuse to give credit to certain players whom they have decided are shit.

I commented on this years ago. There's a feeling among some Donny folk that optimism is a weakness. You leave yourself exposed to the risk of looking naive if you're optimistic. So it's safer to stick the boot in.

That second goal yesterday was an absolute gem. And there are a lot of people on here whose response to that has been to repeat that Bingham is no good.

Now you know how I feel. That treble twenty was amazing. No dart player in the world could have done it better. It was an absolute gem. Yet, everybody in the pub says I'm still shit! They're all too naive to show any optimism in my potential in fear of feeling exposed.

I could do with a few super fans to put them right in my local.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 12, 2020, 03:06:58 pm by selby »
  I might be wrong, but at Wimbledon in the first half I thought he played very well wide right, so not the first time he has played well to me.
  I must admit he looked like he had never kicked a ball before in his life at Wimbledon in the second half, and was subbed, but he did play well in the first half, and being fair to Bingham, nobody covered themselves in glory in that second half.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 12, 2020, 03:07:39 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NpqLBw5aUc

this is the type of goal you want from him in the last 20 minutes when he come on as a substitute
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:17:54 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 12, 2020, 03:35:04 pm by IDM »
To be honest BB, your darts analogy isn’t great, even if you were being humorous.

I can fluke a 25 yard free kick right into the postage stamp - but maybe once in 500 times only. 

Bingham is obviously good enough to be a footballer at a very decent level week in week out,    but we are not arguing he should be a regular starter in the third division..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 12, 2020, 03:48:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We? Who's we?

Oh, and on the contrary, my analogy IS great.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 12, 2020, 04:01:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
Personally, I don’t think it’s about people thinking he’s no good, it’s about whether he’s good enough. We can (and I hope, will) do much better.

I’ve watched Boocock score better goals for the u18’s last season, and far more consistently, but it’s not got him in the first team squad.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 12, 2020, 07:06:42 pm by keith79 »
I fully expect him to be given till the end of the season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012