Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:43:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mallik Wilks  (Read 7474 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Mallik Wilks
« on January 13, 2020, 01:49:02 pm by wing commander »
  Is he injured at Barnsley,noticed he hasn't even made the squad for quite a while???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Mallik Wilks
« Reply #1 on January 13, 2020, 01:51:07 pm by Move DRFC »
  Is he injured at Barnsley,noticed he hasn't even made the squad for quite a while???

Out of favour. He's joining McCann and Kane at Hull.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 13, 2020, 01:56:37 pm by the vicar »
Barnsley fans hate him, they say he is very lazy and his attitude is all wrong

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 13, 2020, 01:59:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Moore would make him a world beater.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:07:27 pm by Chris Black come back »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 13, 2020, 02:03:11 pm by GazLaz »
Barnsley fans hate him, they say he is very lazy and his attitude is all wrong

Everyone knows what he’s like. That’s where man management comes in.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 13, 2020, 02:08:47 pm by Bollinger »
As at yesterday the Hull Daily Mail was indicating the deal had stalled and they were looking at Martin Samuelson from West Ham as an alternative. If I recall correctly Hull owe Barnsley a big chunk from another transfer and that was also muddying the waters.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 13, 2020, 02:11:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would 100pc take him on loan for rest of season.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 13, 2020, 02:23:49 pm by the vicar »
I wish Darren would have him on loan

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 13, 2020, 02:26:54 pm by redbrez »
Cheeky bid ?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 13, 2020, 02:30:43 pm by wing commander »
I'm surprised Barnsley want to loan him at all..He only joined them in the summer on a 4 year contract so if he's out of favour already that's a lot of loans for that period.

Would love him back but I bet he's on a decent wedge now and Barnsley will want to recuperate a lot of that..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 13, 2020, 02:33:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
He would need to get himself fit first!

I’d sooner have the lad from Norwich.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 13, 2020, 02:34:53 pm by donny dave »
When is his court case due.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 13, 2020, 02:34:59 pm by MachoMadness »
To be fair it was Stendel who signed him. It could well be he just doesn't gel with the new manager. As we know he can potentially be a difficult character, luckily we had a manager last season who knew how to get him to channel that on the pitch.

No chance of getting him permanently you'd have thought, they spent over a million on him and you'd think they'd want at least half of that back even if they were desperate to cut their losses.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 13, 2020, 02:53:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
As at yesterday the Hull Daily Mail was indicating the deal had stalled and they were looking at Martin Samuelson from West Ham as an alternative. If I recall correctly Hull owe Barnsley a big chunk from another transfer and that was also muddying the waters.

Angus MacDonald.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 13, 2020, 03:14:14 pm by the vicar »
To be fair it was Stendel who signed him. It could well be he just doesn't gel with the new manager. As we know he can potentially be a difficult character, luckily we had a manager last season who knew how to get him to channel that on the pitch.

No chance of getting him permanently you'd have thought, they spent over a million on him and you'd think they'd want at least half of that back even if they were desperate to cut their losses.
he dint do anything worth Stendel ether

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 13, 2020, 04:00:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought he was overrated with us. He was good against crap full-backs but hardly got a look in against better ones. The fact that he'd be up against better full-backs in the Championship made it obvious (to me anyway) that he'd struggle there.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 13, 2020, 04:38:59 pm by Robbo »
I thought he was overrated with us. He was good against crap full-backs but hardly got a look in against better ones. The fact that he'd be up against better full-backs in the Championship made it obvious (to me anyway) that he'd struggle there.
I must say I liked him. I’ve watched Barnsley play 3 times this season (live but on tv) and I think I’m right in saying they played him in a different position to where we played him. As someone has eluded to - maybe out of position and not getting the best out of him.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 13, 2020, 04:59:45 pm by Reesielad »
I must say I liked him. I’ve watched Barnsley play 3 times this season (live but on tv) and I think I’m right in saying they played him in a different position to where we played him. As someone has eluded to - maybe out of position and not getting the best out of him.

We played him out of position the whole time he was here. He saw himself as a striker before he come to us didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 13, 2020, 05:34:38 pm by tyke1962 »
We're in a bit of a dilemma with Malik , Struber's wanting to strengthen the defensive positions but most of the budget was spent last summer .

Several players who are available seem to be attracting loan only arrangements , McGeehan's gone to Pompey on loan and Cavare looks likely to follow him to Fratton Park .

Jordan Green and Dani Pinillos aren't likely to attract bids of decent money so someone looks like being the sacrificial lamb .

Malik's out of favour at the moment and behind Jacob Brown , Luke Thomas and Simoes in the wide areas .

May have to cut our losses here and use the money effectively in the back four .

In an ideal world I'd keep the lad because I think he's got talent but needs must with this one .

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 13, 2020, 05:41:16 pm by RoversAlias »
Have you heard anything about his possible destination, Tyke? If he is to leave in this window that is.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 13, 2020, 06:14:30 pm by pib »

We played him out of position the whole time he was here. He saw himself as a striker before he come to us didn’t he?

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion like, but the bloke scored 16 goals from wide. I can’t think of many Rovers players who have achieved that over the years. There must have been a lot of crap full backs in L1 last season.   :silly:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 13, 2020, 06:22:34 pm by tyke1962 »
Have you heard anything about his possible destination, Tyke? If he is to leave in this window that is.

Rumoured to be Hull but there's issues there because they still owe us money for Angus Macdonald two years on .

If they want him we are likely to tell them we want the full payment straight away .

Can't see any other championship clubs wanting him because he's done nowt here yet of note and obviously Hull may want him because of McCann .

I'd be wanting at least a million quid which rules out the majority of league one clubs .

I can't see anyone else leaving unless we are offered stupid money for Woodrow , Chaplin or Mowatt .

The ideal scenario is we keep Wilks and get two loans in to the defence but we don't like going down that route these days .

It's a funny one is this .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 13, 2020, 06:39:05 pm by tyke1962 »
The lads just 6 months in to a four year deal , the four years are to give him sufficient time to develop here so it's a bit disappointing for me if he leaves .

He's struggled because the whole team struggled for the first three months of the season .

Stendel then left the club and Struber's come in with a new formation that makes it difficult for Wilks to get on the pitch .

It's not really worked out for him as yet but as I say it's early days for me and he isn't the first young player to arrive at Oakwell and struggle initially before finding his feet .

Mowatt was loaned out to Oxford the last time we were in the championship but he's captain and a key player today .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 13, 2020, 06:40:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion like, but the bloke scored 16 goals from wide. I can’t think of many Rovers players who have achieved that over the years. There must have been a lot of crap full backs in L1 last season.   :silly:

Indeed there were a lot of crap full-backs in league one last year. The better ones that were good enough for the Championship were in a small minority.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 13, 2020, 06:48:34 pm by knockers »
I enjoyed watching him more than any player over the last five years.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 13, 2020, 06:54:25 pm by IDM »
I enjoyed watching him too especially when he ripped teams like Rochdale a new one..

But we have a player still on our books who can provide as much pleasure to watch in one game than most can do over a whole season..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 13, 2020, 06:58:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I enjoyed watching him too especially when he ripped teams like Rochdale a new one..

But we have a player still on our books who can provide as much pleasure to watch in one game than most can do over a whole season..

Oh no, not another one gushing over Rakish Bingham!  :ohmy:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 13, 2020, 07:00:28 pm by IDM »
Haha BB, it’s a good guess, but it’s not right.!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 13, 2020, 07:07:19 pm by the vicar »
The lads just 6 months in to a four year deal , the four years are to give him sufficient time to develop here so it's a bit disappointing for me if he leaves .

He's struggled because the whole team struggled for the first three months of the season .

Stendel then left the club and Struber's come in with a new formation that makes it difficult for Wilks to get on the pitch .

It's not really worked out for him as yet but as I say it's early days for me and he isn't the first young player to arrive at Oakwell and struggle initially before finding his feet .

Mowatt was loaned out to Oxford the last time we were in the championship but he's captain and a key player today .
I can't see you getting anywhere near 1 Mill fot a lad that is number 4 or 3 in the pecking order

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 13, 2020, 09:17:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As a new manager, I think I would want to give a player who cost £1m ish, a bit more of a chance to prove himself.

Being cast aside at this stage of his career is not what he needs. However, if Barnsley's needs must as Tyke says, then it would make sense to regroup with McCann at Hull who knows him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012