Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:18:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov  (Read 6411 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Paul Dickov
« Reply #30 on January 17, 2020, 08:25:06 pm by silent majority »
And every year the club files it's accounts at Companies House, and every year those accounts prove that the club are telling the truth about budgets, and every year some posters quite happily trot out any old tripe.

I just don't understand why some supporters are determined to keep constantly regurgitating false claims against the current board. What do they think it will achieve?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 17, 2020, 08:42:07 pm by NickDRFC »
And every year the club files it's accounts at Companies House, and every year those accounts prove that the club are telling the truth about budgets, and every year some posters quite happily trot out any old tripe.

I just don't understand why some supporters are determined to keep constantly regurgitating false claims against the current board. What do they think it will achieve?

I think the board bashing on here and other social media is rubbish but that’s just not true is it? No one can glean the wages budget from what’s on companies house. The latest filed accounts don’t show anything about the profit and loss account, much less the wages of the club. All that’s there is the balance sheet - the movement in retained earnings (£2.8m) is most likely the loss but even then that’s not necessarily the case.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 17, 2020, 09:04:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Another thing to note with Dickov - he was very much John Ryan's man as far as I know, they were mates/neighbours and JR pushed to get him in as manager during Flynn's tenure. So his loyalty to JR may well have an impact on his perspective.

Did well to last as long as manager as he did after JR's departure really. And I did think he was a good bloke who did a good job in the Championship season at least.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 17, 2020, 09:06:55 pm by silent majority »

I think the board bashing on here and other social media is rubbish but that’s just not true is it? No one can glean the wages budget from what’s on companies house. The latest filed accounts don’t show anything about the profit and loss account, much less the wages of the club. All that’s there is the balance sheet - the movement in retained earnings (£2.8m) is most likely the loss but even then that’s not necessarily the case.

No, but then again I never said you could.  It's only been in recent years that full accounts haven't been visible. But we get to see the accounts in full, and can verify everything that we've spoken about on this forum is accurate.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 17, 2020, 09:08:27 pm by silent majority »
Another thing to note with Dickov - he was very much John Ryan's man as far as I know, they were mates/neighbours and JR pushed to get him in as manager during Flynn's tenure. So his loyalty to JR may well have an impact on his perspective.

Did well to last as long as manager as he did after JR's departure really. And I did think he was a good bloke who did a good job in the Championship season at least.

Very true, not only that but he had a part to play in the takeover of the club.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 17, 2020, 09:14:10 pm by NickDRFC »

No, but then again I never said you could.  It's only been in recent years that full accounts haven't been visible. But we get to see the accounts in full, and can verify everything that we've spoken about on this forum is accurate.

You said “Every year those accounts prove that the club is telling the truth about budgets”. They don’t. At all. The last time we published accounts that had staff costs in them was 2015. We are well within our rights to publish small companies accounts but you can’t tell this forum that the information on wages is there for all to see when it simply isn’t.

You might have seen more detailed accounts but that’s no reason to criticise or patronise the 99.9% who aren’t privy to them.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 17, 2020, 09:22:58 pm by silent majority »

You said “Every year those accounts prove that the club is telling the truth about budgets”. They don’t. At all. The last time we published accounts that had staff costs in them was 2015. We are well within our rights to publish small companies accounts but you can’t tell this forum that the information on wages is there for all to see when it simply isn’t.

You might have seen more detailed accounts but that’s no reason to criticise or patronise the 99.9% who aren’t privy to them.

But again your misinterpreting what I've said.

Yes they do prove the budget to us. And yes we do tell everybody what we've seen and given our explanation of the accounts. Where have I suggested otherwise?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 17, 2020, 09:37:46 pm by NickDRFC »
Am I missing something obvious here? Your post, quoted above, says explicitly that the accounts on companies house support any assertions about the budget, which is just not true given the lack of any detail around expenses. If you meant something else then fair enough, but it wasn’t in any way apprent from what you said initially.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 17, 2020, 11:24:14 pm by ian1980 »
So what is shown on companies house (small companies accounts) don’t actually show/prove what is being said or claimed at all.

Virtually every other post on this forum is people asking others to provide proof of their viewpoint yet quite happy you say “they do provide the budget to us” & “everything we’ve spoken about is accurate”

That’s fair enough so please can you provide the  proof?

Publishing the full and detailed accounts for everyone to see would obviously do this? Surely there’s nothing to hide????

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 18, 2020, 12:16:15 am by wesisback »
There would be nothing to hide and no damage done in providing the fans with this information 4 years later.
It would immediately show whether it was the Club/trust or Paul Dickov are the party with no integrity.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 18, 2020, 08:36:04 am by pib »
Back to Dickov, I love how he tries to make out he’s a great manager in that interview (I know he’s hardly going to say different), and how he thinks we were doing OK in League One before he got sacked!

He was a rancid manager and his spell in charge of us in L1 was worse than in the Championship!

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 18, 2020, 08:39:35 am by anton123 »
I thought he was doing a decent job in the championship until the last 6 games we was getting some good results and is crazy we got relagated that year but in league 1 it was not good

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 18, 2020, 08:48:31 am by i_ateallthepies »
There would be nothing to hide and no damage done in providing the fans with this information 4 years later.
It would immediately show whether it was the Club/trust or Paul Dickov are the party with no integrity.

The accounts aren't the VSCs to publish.  How long do you suppose the trusting relationship between club and VSC would last if Martin did as you suggest?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 18, 2020, 08:48:49 am by Cramby10 »
The bloke was a complete fraud of a manager. Worst in my time. It angered me how he was handed the job on a plate by his mate Mr Ryan. This after the lengthy manager search and the so called ‘18 point plan’ or whatever it was that the manager needed to pass and despite being totally shite at Oldham. It was never going to be anyone else.
 I felt I had totally lost my team and lost my passion for the club through that horrid spell. I even didn’t renew my season ticket for the first and only time in decades in the league 1 season.
Can’t even bring myself to look or listen to anything the bloke has to say, even now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 18, 2020, 09:46:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

West, they dont have to, for this time period it's there online. Total staff costs of over 7m.  Suggests 6m probably about right. The club made a hefty loss that year so Dickov criticising that budget us a bit rich.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 18, 2020, 09:50:35 am by Chris Black come back »
Dickov was a very strange fish. Thought he did well in Championship all things considered and made some ok signings. When we dropped to League One though it was appalling - the signings, the football, the results. The Dickov and Ferguson years in League One and Two were effectively five years wasted. McCann and Moore have both demonstrated how to make best use of the financial and player resources available, including playing good football.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 18, 2020, 10:00:52 am by Cramby10 »
He only did ok in Championship because the club was riding the crest of a wave with that finish at Brentford. With a team with a spirit that in my time has been unrivalled. Yet he sucked out most of that in fairly quick time.
 How many managers are handed a job on a plate with a team that just been promoted? He was given the golden ticket yet still managed to f**k it up.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 18, 2020, 10:10:54 am by selby »
  Flynn and Jones were undermined before he came, at the very time it was the height of their success, one of the few footballing mistakes made by John Ryan, and the start also of his demise,
  The meeting with the players in that side earlier in the season spoke volumes of how the club fell into that trap.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 18, 2020, 10:40:23 am by silent majority »

The accounts aren't the VSCs to publish.  How long do you suppose the trusting relationship between club and VSC would last if Martin did as you suggest?

Exactly right.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 18, 2020, 10:45:28 am by DonnyOsmond »
The only manager that left us in a worse state than when he took over in the last 15 years.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 18, 2020, 05:08:56 pm by PDX_Rover »
Telling us what anyone with more than one brain cell knows.

You've got Portsmouth Sunderland Rotherham Ipswich Peterborough for definite on bigger budgets. Then the rest of the league are basically all in joint 6th with a few quid difference here and there minus the ones in financial trouble

What does something from 5 years ago prove about now.??

We won't get the current manager to say what he thinks about the current budget or he will be out of a job. So the best we can do is rely on the truth and honesty of a manager from 5 years ago. A pity Ferguson and McCann won't speak up.

Another d**khead statement.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 18, 2020, 05:10:26 pm by PDX_Rover »

And JR, being effusive JR, might have promised him the moon on a stick - whole the reality was more appropriate.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 18, 2020, 05:42:07 pm by johnny rovers »
Whether true or not, the time in question was five years ago and the club had just lost one of its three majority owners, so it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with our present situation.

The only common denominator in a it is Mr Blunt the chairman.

He goes by without much of a thought from the fan base and he is the chairman and in charge of making signings, could he be the issue why we aren't signing players??
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:51:12 pm by johnny rovers »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 18, 2020, 05:44:02 pm by johnny rovers »
Oversaw arguably the most disastrous recruitment period in living memory. He was responsible for ATS, N’Guessen, Chaplow and the massive Scottish centre back who we hoped would be another Gordon Greer but was on par with Germaine Greer.

But as he states in his interview couldn't sign players in the two summer windows due to takeovers that never happened. Have a listen

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 18, 2020, 05:47:04 pm by pib »
Oversaw arguably the most disastrous recruitment period in living memory. He was responsible for ATS, N’Guessen, Chaplow and the massive Scottish centre back who we hoped would be another Gordon Greer but was on par with Germaine Greer.

But as he states in his interview couldn't sign players in the two summer windows due to takeovers that never happened. Have a listen

There was certainly one takeover when we’d just got into the Championship when JR tried to return with Louis Tomlinson, but what was the other one?

Given his recruitment record in his last season of bringing in N’Guessan, Chaplow and Gary Mackenzie it’s probably for the best that he couldn’t sign any players!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 18, 2020, 05:51:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »

There was certainly one takeover when we’d just got into the Championship when JR tried to return with Louis Tomlinson, but what was the other one?

Given his recruitment record in his last season of bringing in N’Guessan, Chaplow and Gary Mackenzie it’s probably for the best that he couldn’t sign any players!

Sequentia Capital was at the start of 13-14 when we were in the Championship.
Louis Tomlinson was 14-15 when we'd just gone down to L1.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:02:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 18, 2020, 05:58:35 pm by johnny rovers »

Sequentia, the year before. Irish/Belize. Do be surprised that they were also involved a year later in the background with JR and Tomlinson

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 18, 2020, 06:41:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Here's what the wages were in £1000's - overall club not just players.

08/09 Championship £5,748k
09/10 Championship £5,948k
10/11 Championship £6,701k
11/12 Championship £8,326k
12/13 League 1 £6,346k
13/14 Championship £6,618k
14/15 League 1 £3,741k
15/16 and onwards ????

Dickov said "players budget" was £12.5 million in the Championship in 11/12 and before, and £5/6 million in 13/14. Given the above includes all staff, he may be correct for 13/14, clearly not for 11/12 (unless I haven't a clue what I'm looking at, which is more than likely!).

Interesting to note the difference between 12/13 and 12/15.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 18, 2020, 07:23:00 pm by silent majority »

Sequentia, the year before. Irish/Belize. Do be surprised that they were also involved a year later in the background with JR and Tomlinson

It was pretty much the same takeover, just dressed up differently using the frontmen of JR and LT.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 18, 2020, 07:29:54 pm by johnny rovers »

It was pretty much the same takeover, just dressed up differently using the frontmen of JR and LT.

I suspected this at the time...JR's last throw of the dice that never came off

TinyPortal © 2005-2012