Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:14:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My theory is  (Read 4552 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
My theory is
« on January 18, 2020, 06:10:20 pm by Donnyjim »
That since JR left, Bramall and the Watsons have very kindly put a lot of money into the club.

We made some good money last season (FA cup, playoffs, JM). I suspect that we have given them some of this money back? Fair enough really? Hence, no decent signings coming?

We want the above people to stay on and I guess have a club to support in the future so it is what it is. We would just like a bit of transparency from the powers that be?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: My theory is
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2020, 06:12:08 pm by since-1969 »
That since JR left, Bramall and the Watsons have very kindly put a lot of money into the club.

We made some good money last season (FA cup, playoffs, JM). I suspect that we have given them some of this money back? Fair enough really? Hence, no decent signings coming?

We want the above people to stay on and I guess have a club to support in the future so it is what it is. We would just like a bit of transparency from the powers that be?
Simples... they pay for a L1 club and that’s what they’ve got ...but only just .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2020, 06:12:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You're hundred percent right. It's also definitely the reason we sold Whiteman in the summer to Hull.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 18, 2020, 06:15:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
Theres no point in putting close to 20mil into the club to take a few hundred K out. When you've got 100s mil in the Bank.

E+ (Good to have theories, but ground your assertions in reality).

You'll have to do the resit Jim.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 18, 2020, 06:22:07 pm by lee.j09 »
We may as well become a fan owned club and be sustainable at a lower level. Don’t understand what they’re there for If they don’t want to spend.

Why buy into a football club?

I watch both rovers and the dons and put my money into the clubs. Both lack an identity at the minute and ambition.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2020, 06:24:02 pm by johnny rovers »
Mr Blunt is the chairman, he's in charge. Goes under the radar. About time he didn't if you ask me!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 18, 2020, 06:28:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We may as well become a fan owned club and be sustainable at a lower level. Don’t understand what they’re there for If they don’t want to spend.

I watch both rovers and the dons and put my money into the clubs. Both lack an identity at the minute and ambition.

They put £2million in every year to take our budget from a lower half League One team to a top 6 League One team. Are people really this blind?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 18, 2020, 06:31:30 pm by Michael Gibson »
Fully agree with lee, however the dons are having a massive push this year ie... full time contracts, Baldwin blunt and bramall and possibly Watson are hiding under the covers but why???????

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2020, 06:32:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Fully agree with lee, however the dons are having a massive push this year ie... full time contracts, Baldwin blunt and bramall and possibly Watson are hiding under the covers but why???????

F*cking hell. Can we have an IQ test before letting people join please?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2020, 06:35:38 pm by vaya »

Why don't you take advantage of one of the Meet The Owners events and ask them directly, Michael.

Perhaps you can repeat your allegation that all the Marquis money has been spent on a tax bill face-to-face?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 18, 2020, 06:36:38 pm by Michael Gibson »
Donny when did you last send Baldwin a xmas card lol??? People in there rose tinted glasses are great amusement

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 18, 2020, 06:40:36 pm by tyke1962 »
You want to be grateful you have owners who bridge the financial gaps in the yearly accounts .

We have owners worth a collective £9bn who have yet to part with one penny in two years .

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 18, 2020, 07:05:36 pm by lee.j09 »

They put £2million in every year to take our budget from a lower half League One team to a top 6 League One team. Are people really this blind?

Top 6 league one budget you are deluded
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:12:54 pm by lee.j09 »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 18, 2020, 07:09:22 pm by since-1969 »
We are a L1 club that’s what they want nothing else and if they cut back any further it won’t be for much longer !

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 18, 2020, 07:27:59 pm by Donnyjim »
Theres no point in putting close to 20mil into the club to take a few hundred K out. When you've got 100s mil in the Bank.

E+ (Good to have theories, but ground your assertions in reality).

You'll have to do the resit Jim.

mmm quite insulting old bean. I think it warrants at least a B? Based on other comments in this thread. 🤭

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 18, 2020, 07:30:26 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Our near neighbours and bitter rivals Rotherham of a similar size to us really but seem to spend a bit due to an ambitious chairman and are on for their 3rd promotion from league one in say 7 years... so why does their owner Stewart take the risk and push the boat out? That's the problem, clearly there are those of a similar ilk recruiting more or speculating more and providing hope for fans with their ambition... why not us the same? Cant tell me they have more resources on the board and dont get much better gates and bloody shouldn't given the size of both towns!

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 18, 2020, 07:41:05 pm by Michael Shaw »
I read somewhere that the £600k from the cups last year and nearly £2m from the sale of Marquis was re-invested into the academy and the facilities. I can believe that, and it also means that the owners did not take any money out.
Maybe owners of other clubs may be prepared to more money in than our owners, but there is nothing we can do about it as it is their own finances.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2020, 07:44:57 pm by since-1969 »
I read somewhere that the £600k from the cups last year and nearly £2m from the sale of Marquis was re-invested into the academy and the facilities. I can believe that, and it also means that the owners did not take any money out.
Maybe owners of other clubs may be prepared to more money in than our owners, but there is nothing we can do about it as it is their own finances.
Maybe we should all stop buying S/T ( buy3)and only buy game per game see how that suits their budget !!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2020, 07:48:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
Maybe we should all stop buying S/T ( buy3)and only buy game per game see how that suits their budget !!

Go on genius ...

Youd end up putting more money into the club!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 18, 2020, 07:50:40 pm by Metalmicky »

I'm surprised you have time to go to games - surely you're contracted to whine on here full time...?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 18, 2020, 07:54:48 pm by bobbymax »
My,my...what's the collective noun for a bunch of halfwits?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 18, 2020, 07:56:18 pm by since-1969 »

I'm surprised you have time to go to games - surely you're contracted to whine on here full time...?
  I do go just like you but I’m honest when I say I pay to watch crap you think your watching football .

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 18, 2020, 08:02:14 pm by Metalmicky »

I do go just like you but I’m honest when I say I pay to watch crap you think your watching football .

OK - then don't go....... and don't whine forever on here - you'll be doing yourself and everyone else a great service....

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 18, 2020, 08:09:07 pm by since-1969 »

OK - then don't go....... and don't whine forever on here - you'll be doing yourself and everyone else a great service....
Oh are you upset 😢

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 18, 2020, 08:12:09 pm by Metalmicky »

Oh are you upset 😢

Only that you're still here........ jog on plonker

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 18, 2020, 08:15:58 pm by tyke1962 »
Our near neighbours and bitter rivals Rotherham of a similar size to us really but seem to spend a bit due to an ambitious chairman and are on for their 3rd promotion from league one in say 7 years... so why does their owner Stewart take the risk and push the boat out? That's the problem, clearly there are those of a similar ilk recruiting more or speculating more and providing hope for fans with their ambition... why not us the same? Cant tell me they have more resources on the board and dont get much better gates and bloody shouldn't given the size of both towns!

Rotherham have managed to overcome the adversity of dropping out of the championship and turn it into a league one positive .

They far from spend loads of money , their record transfer fee paid is 500k and they lost Ajayi to WBA and Vaulks to Cardiff for a few million last summer .

The thing is they've spent 4 of the last 6 seasons in the championship so they have a bit of pull with recruitment .

They are ahead of you but nowt you can't bridge with patience , besides they haven't won the league yet by any means .

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 18, 2020, 08:20:05 pm by knockers »
Rotherham will win this league by ten points.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 18, 2020, 08:28:07 pm by the vicar »

if everyone who disagrees with you and you tell them to stop going to the Rovers then the stadium would be empty

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 18, 2020, 08:30:56 pm by tyke1962 »
Rotherham will win this league by ten points.

Fancying Portsmouth myself for what it's worth , got themselves going after a poor start and right in contention .

They've added Cameron McGeehan to their squad on loan from ourselves and Cavare looks to be heading down there too to join him , two exceptionally good league one players with the experience of getting a team promoted out of this league .

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 18, 2020, 08:38:12 pm by Metalmicky »

if everyone who disagrees with you and you tell them to stop going to the Rovers then the stadium would be empty

Selective elimination dear padre - you obviously didn't read too many of the prior posts........ just more negative blurb...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012