Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:24:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 939706 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #16200 on January 31, 2022, 10:17:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
''Liz Truss, the foreign secretary, has announced a little while ago that she has Covid. She attended tonight’s Commons session, without wearing a mask, and the packed meeting with the PM and Tory MPs.''

the Guardian

Very easily done, easy to have no symptoms in the morning and test positive in the evening.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16201 on January 31, 2022, 10:21:24 pm by SydneyRover »
''Liz Truss, the foreign secretary, has announced a little while ago that she has Covid. She attended tonight’s Commons session, without wearing a mask, and the packed meeting with the PM and Tory MPs.''

the Guardian

Very easily done, easy to have no symptoms in the morning and test positive in the evening.

I guess that's why sensible people think masks are in order pud.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16202 on January 31, 2022, 10:23:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

the Guardian

Would you have wore a mask at the game on Saturday?  I didn't see anybody with them.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16203 on January 31, 2022, 10:30:08 pm by SydneyRover »

the Guardian

Would you have wore a mask at the game on Saturday?  I didn't see anybody with them.

Yes to the first.

I am going to an indoor meeting of around 6-7 this later today, we will wear masks.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16204 on January 31, 2022, 10:33:34 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

the Guardian

Yes to the first.

I am going to an indoor meeting of around 6-7 this later today, we will wear masks.

And in another meeting 10 years from now?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16205 on January 31, 2022, 10:35:48 pm by SydneyRover »
blah, blah, blah

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16206 on January 31, 2022, 10:43:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
blah, blah, blah

Given Covid ain't going anywhere baby, when will you stop virtue signalling and stop wearing a mask?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16207 on January 31, 2022, 10:45:01 pm by SydneyRover »
blah, blah, blah

Given Covid ain't going anywhere baby, when will you stop virtue signalling and stop wearing a mask?

when you start acting like a scientist I guess

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16208 on January 31, 2022, 10:47:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
blah, blah, blah

when you start acting like a scientist I guess

I don't need to. I work in animal rescue. My science degree and lab jobs in metallurgy and biotech were wasted.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16209 on January 31, 2022, 11:06:03 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess it's like crossing the road or having a chronic illness, you cannot at any point relax and ignore sensible advice or stop taking the medicine. If there is point in the future where the danger of covid is reduced to that of the common cold I may stop wearing a mask, but I will always wash my hands regularly which I must admit is more than I did before covid and am not sure I will ever return to the habit of shaking someone's hand. I haven't had a cold, flu or covid in 2 years.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16210 on January 31, 2022, 11:39:57 pm by SydneyRover »
As an aside, when scientists discuss technical subjects within a debate they use structured argument from a discipline they have learned from rigorous orthodoxy and expect their commentary to be rigorously tested, you don't do that CDH which leads me to think that you  didn't learn that from the work you did or you do not have a structured argument. I am not suggesting you are not intelligent CDH but where is it in this debate?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16211 on February 01, 2022, 07:45:38 am by Nudga »
I guess it's like crossing the road or having a chronic illness, you cannot at any point relax and ignore sensible advice or stop taking the medicine. If there is point in the future where the danger of covid is reduced to that of the common cold I may stop wearing a mask, but I will always wash my hands regularly which I must admit is more than I did before covid and am not sure I will ever return to the habit of shaking someone's hand. I haven't had a cold, flu or covid in 2 years.

Funny that because I don't wear masks, I haven't washed my hands any more than I normally would and obviously haven't had any of vaccines and I haven't had so mucg as a sniffle. I reckon my mental health is better than people like yourself though.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16212 on February 01, 2022, 09:13:15 am by WheatleyRover »
If these lot were told to wear a pair of flippers, speedo's and motorcycle helmet, it's stops you getting covid, they probably would do it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:23:11 am by WheatleyRover »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16213 on February 01, 2022, 09:20:51 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
These people are wasting so much time and energy trying to avoid something which:

A) Isn't likely to kill them or make them seriously ill anymore, unless they are seriously old or unwell anyway - in which case a common cold could tip them over.

B) They probably have already had anyway

C) Will catch anyway at some point so any prolonged behavioural changes and modifications they make will be only temporary until they eventually get or are exposed to Covid. Which is a certainty at some point.

All in all a complete and utter waste of time. As is the belief that masks and vaccines are to protect others.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:27:27 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16214 on February 01, 2022, 09:25:21 am by SydneyRover »

Funny that because I don't wear masks, I haven't washed my hands any more than I normally would and obviously haven't had any of vaccines and I haven't had so mucg as a sniffle. I reckon my mental health is better than people like yourself though.

Getting covid is a bit of a lottery nudga, but you can improve the odds of getting and giving it. Mental health is relative and depends where ones starting point is.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16215 on February 01, 2022, 09:29:19 am by WheatleyRover »

So what I got from this, you now live in fear, and your "trustworthy" Government, media and scientists have given you an OCD, sounds like an abusive relationship.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16216 on February 01, 2022, 09:30:40 am by SydneyRover »
Sounds like you got nothing from it wheatley, not unexpected.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16217 on February 01, 2022, 09:34:14 am by WheatleyRover »

You just said you can't relax, that's from living in fear, you're also changing and modifying your behaviour, "you won't shake someone's hand ever again"! Are you disturbed in your head?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16218 on February 01, 2022, 09:35:21 am by SydneyRover »

You just said you can't relax, that's from living in fear, you're also changing and modifying your behaviour, "you won't shake someone's hand ever again"! Are you disturbed in your head?

I think you said that WR

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16219 on February 01, 2022, 09:38:29 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Another disastrous downside to the constant lies and bullying by the SAGE scientists, Government and NHS throughout the pandemic is the news that a lot more parents aren't getting their kids childhood vaccines done. Such as measles etc.

Probably due to increased mistrust due to the reasons given above. The issue with this is that these diseases can actually kill or cause significant life changing damage to kids, unlike Covid and they need them.

A problem caused by the likes of the Government and NHS for which they need to take as much responsibility as the parents not getting their kids jabbed for MMR etc.

Another issue with the handling of the pandemic is that if (God forbid) another pandemic hit us then a lot of people will flat out ignore any rules or laws to lock us down again or restrict our freedoms from day one.

Compliance for any future pandemics would be hugely lower from day one that it was this time around.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16220 on February 01, 2022, 09:45:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And nothing whatsoever to do with the knob ends who have spent the past year spreading every anti-vax idiot rumour as far and wide as they can?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16221 on February 01, 2022, 09:51:02 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
And nothing whatsoever to do with the knob ends who have spent the past year spreading every anti-vax idiot rumour as far and wide as they can?

The key points are that kids need their childhood jabs because lots of kids can get ill and die.

Kids don't need their Covid jabs because barely any kids get ill and die.

The NHS should be making this clear instead of saying that kids need their covid jabs. Which clearly they don't.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:07:16 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16222 on February 01, 2022, 10:58:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't think you understand the idea behind vaccinating for measles.

The chances of any specific INDIVIDUAL getting seriously ill and dying from measles is very  small in developed countries. The death rate for unvaccinated children in the UK is about 1 per 5000 infections.

So each individual has a tiny chance of dying. But there are about 10 million kids in the UK under 15. So if we had a major measles outbreak and every kid was unvaccinated and caught it, 2000 would die and 9,998,000 wouldn't. That's way lower a death rate than the death rate for unvaccinated people from COVID in your age group. And you dismiss that as a nothing burger.

Me, I think the idea of 2000 people dying each year unnecessarily is something we shoudn't accept if we don't have to.

And we don't have to. We can vaccinate.

But vaccinations don't give perfect resistance to catching the disease. They reduce the odds. So we don't vaccinate primarily to protect specific individuals from measles. We vaccinate to restrict the spread of the virus through herd immunity. The vaccine isn't a magic bullet that gives the individual perfect immunity but by reducing the chances of MY kid picking up and passing on the infection, we reduce the chances of YOUR kids catching it in the first lace, thereby protecting them. And vice versa. So vaccinations are primarily about protecting the entire community. We do it for the greater good of society as a whole. Which is a point that you keep aggressively telling us you reject.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 11:04:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16223 on February 01, 2022, 11:06:18 am by Ldr »
Billy there is a recurring theme across all discussions on here. You and others think the greater good comes before the individual and others and I dont

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16224 on February 01, 2022, 11:07:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So you wouldn't have your kids vaccinated against measles then Ldr?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16225 on February 01, 2022, 11:08:32 am by Ldr »
I have, for his good, no one else’s

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16226 on February 01, 2022, 11:16:54 am by SydneyRover »
 :)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16227 on February 01, 2022, 11:27:11 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Billy there is a recurring theme across all discussions on here. You and others think the greater good comes before the individual and others and I dont

I agree. This greater good thing is nonsense though. As i've said before, you only have to observe people's behaviour when there is a food shortage or a fuel shortage to realize that a lot of the very same people who virtue signal like Billy will be the ones first in to buy up all the food and fuel that is left and bugger everyone else.

When it suits, people like to think they are good citizens who care about everybody but when it doesn't suit they ignore that and give in to their selfishness.

In a way, expecting everyone to have a vaccine and wear a mask is selfish. Lots of people who are scared will push their expectations onto others in the guise of wanting to be seen to protect and care about others, when in actual fact it is to keep them more safer. So in effect they are the selfish ones because the only reason why thy want others to get vaccinated and to wear masks is to keep THEM safer and not others. They won't admit this though because they are in denial.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16228 on February 01, 2022, 11:31:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The internet gives you some unpleasant insights into some peoples' souls.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16229 on February 01, 2022, 11:31:28 am by SydneyRover »
Nothing learned since 1666

TinyPortal © 2005-2012