Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:43:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 940261 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4680 on May 26, 2020, 06:27:55 pm by IDM »
On another matter - was there any development with the meeting of all the other party leaders.?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4681 on May 26, 2020, 06:32:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
You'd have to drink a fair few shandys to imagine the telegraph, daily mail, and back bench tory MPs as part of the 'liberal elite'.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4682 on May 26, 2020, 06:46:15 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Selby, the wider issue is that public trust in the government’s guidelines - because Cummings sticks to a loophole which hardly anyone knew about and so acted differently - is declining by the day or even by the hour.

It’s got f**k all to do with brexit.  It even transcends party allegiances

This isn’t even about a father “instinctively” looking after his family, it’s about the rest of the families in the population.

If, and this is if as I have no idea if this did happen, Cummings did have a meeting with that industry at Barnard Castle, what would your reaction be.?

IDM, I've read a couple of your posts now that speak of this loophole as if it actually does exist.  Genuine question, have you seen it or are you just trusting Cummings' word?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4683 on May 26, 2020, 06:51:04 pm by wilts rover »
Well it seems the 'Liberal Elite' in Durham Police having concluded initial enquiries believe that what Cummings did is worthy of a formal investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/26/durham-police-open-investigation-into-dominic-cummings

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4684 on May 26, 2020, 06:51:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Hancock basically told Peston to f**k off, arrogant and rude

I think Peston believes his own hype a little, he reminds me of the guy who starts talking on a conference call and everyone else wants them to shut up.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4685 on May 26, 2020, 06:51:45 pm by Jonathan »
On another matter - was there any development with the meeting of all the other party leaders.?

I think a letter has been sent demanding Cummings is removed. Labour have, wisely in my opinion, not put their name to it.

I’m not comfortable with calling for him to be sacked. My personal view is that his position has become untenable. But it’s up to the Prime Minister to decide what he wants to do about it, and frankly it’s too late for sacking him to have any discernible impact on the message. The damage has already been done to that. It’s now up to the Prime Minister to find a credible way out of this situation which is of his own making. I hope he can do it in the national interest, but given the hole he’s dug I’m not sure how anyone can advise him on that now. I suppose that’s what he’s paying Cummings for.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4686 on May 26, 2020, 06:57:50 pm by IDM »
Selby, the wider issue is that public trust in the government’s guidelines - because Cummings sticks to a loophole which hardly anyone knew about and so acted differently - is declining by the day or even by the hour.

It’s got f**k all to do with brexit.  It even transcends party allegiances

This isn’t even about a father “instinctively” looking after his family, it’s about the rest of the families in the population.

If, and this is if as I have no idea if this did happen, Cummings did have a meeting with that industry at Barnard Castle, what would your reaction be.?

IDM, I've read a couple of your posts now that speak of this loophole as if it actually does exist.  Genuine question, have you seen it or are you just trusting Cummings' word?

Do I trust his word that there is a loophole, or exceptions.?

Yes and no.   Clearly there are potential exceptions to the rules/guidance, as stated the other day by Dr Harries, but it would not be practical to list them all I don’t think.. however, when the constant message being drummed home was about staying at home, the fact that exceptions may be possible, was not known amongst the general population.

Cummings is claiming he acted within the rules, and it appears most of the cabinet backs this.  As to whether his (claimed) exceptional circumstances did fit, I have no idea.

But the bigger picture is that the vast majority had no idea about exceptions, or if they did, what constitutes an exception.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4687 on May 26, 2020, 07:02:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I think a letter has been sent demanding Cummings is removed. Labour have, wisely in my opinion, not put their name to it.

I’m not comfortable with calling for him to be sacked. My personal view is that his position has become untenable. But it’s up to the Prime Minister to decide what he wants to do about it, and frankly it’s too late for sacking him to have any discernible impact on the message. The damage has already been done to that. It’s now up to the Prime Minister to find a credible way out of this situation which is of his own making. I hope he can do it in the national interest, but given the hole he’s dug I’m not sure how anyone can advise him on that now. I suppose that’s what he’s paying Cummings for.

I think Labour know that Cummings is now fully toxic and the longer the public see him standing next to Johnson the more it works in their favour.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4688 on May 26, 2020, 07:30:35 pm by tyke1962 »

I think Labour know that Cummings is now fully toxic and the longer the public see him standing next to Johnson the more it works in their favour.

Correct Glyn .

I'm for him staying on myself , why interrupt the enemy when he's making mistakes , shrewd move Mr Starmer .

Cummings is doing a terrific job with the Tory governments ratings .

Crack on lad .

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4689 on May 26, 2020, 07:34:37 pm by wilts rover »

I would like people to think I was intelligent by quoting;

as Napoleon said 'Never interrupt you enemy when they are making a mistake'

but as I am not clever enough to amend blog posts and pretend I didn't - I nicked it from someone else today.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4690 on May 26, 2020, 07:43:08 pm by ravenrover »
I emailed our MP today Mark Spencer Chief Whip, regarding Cummings and asked for his comments
The following appears still, on his automated response

If you think you might have coronavirus or you've been in close contact with someone who has it:

·     stay at home and avoid close contact with other people

·     do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital

·     use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4691 on May 26, 2020, 07:56:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So the Cummings thing isn't going away anytime soon then.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaddyMcGuinness/status/1265314862491631617

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4692 on May 26, 2020, 07:57:15 pm by IDM »
I emailed our MP today Mark Spencer Chief Whip, regarding Cummings and asked for his comments
The following appears still, on his automated response

If you think you might have coronavirus or you've been in close contact with someone who has it:

·     stay at home and avoid close contact with other people

·     do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital

·     use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next

I got a lengthy, personalised and detailed reply from my local MP yesterday, within the hour of mine to her.  I was surprised at the speed and detail of her reply..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4693 on May 26, 2020, 08:02:18 pm by IDM »

That is f**king funny.. everyone should share it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4695 on May 26, 2020, 08:18:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It just gets better by the minute. This one is a gem.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Noname06401912/status/1265351462168780801

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4696 on May 26, 2020, 08:34:23 pm by Jonathan »
I’d say right now I’m a combination of:

- amused by the memes
- unsurprised by the incompetence
- unsympathetic to the loss of political capital
- depressed by the incompetence
- worried by the impact on the public health message
- appalled at the baying mob outside his house

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4697 on May 26, 2020, 08:36:15 pm by wilts rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4698 on May 26, 2020, 08:43:04 pm by drfchound »

- amused by the memes

Jonathan, I am so glad you wrote that last line.
It shows your human understanding side.

No one has mentioned the lack of social distancing by the baying mob.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4699 on May 26, 2020, 08:45:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

- amused by the memes

Jonathan.

I certainly agree on the last one.

That said, Cummings has destroyed several people's careers with quite vitriolic on line attacks.

I don't like the mob thing at all, but there is a sense of karma about it.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4700 on May 26, 2020, 08:46:13 pm by tommy toes »
Selby
It's not the media scum, it's ordinary people keeping this going.
People like Bob on here who wasn't able to see his parent before they died.
And thousands of other tragic stories.
Cummings rode roughshod over the rules and has lied and refused to apologise.
The man's a disgrace and so is his puppet.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4701 on May 26, 2020, 08:50:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cummings has been responsible as much as anyone for the vicious, nasty tribalism that has engulfed our politics over the past decade.

He encouraged it because he thought he could direct it. But what goes around tends to come around and take a big bite out of your arse.

I do not in any case condone a mob outside his house, but anyone who tries to paint him as an innocent victim either knows nothing of his back story, or is spinning you a line.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4702 on May 26, 2020, 08:50:48 pm by IDM »
What about the lack of social distancing by Cummings and his driver.?  Within 2m of each other in the car as as he left the other day, no masks.

He is a high profile individual who has, inadvertently or not, generated a huge amount of media interest.

Seeing the media scrum outside his house is uncomfortable for sure, but let’s not forget he brought this on himself.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4703 on May 26, 2020, 08:52:15 pm by Jonathan »

- amused by the memes

Jonathan.

I certainly agree on the last one.

That said, Cummings has destroyed several people's careers with quite vitriolic on line attacks.

I don't like the mob thing at all, but there is a sense of karma about it.

I can’t disagree with that. He’s a difficult character to sympathise with, I don’t like him at all, I just don’t like seeing anyone being hounded and threatened.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4704 on May 26, 2020, 08:57:29 pm by drfchound »
What about the lack of social distancing by Cummings and his driver.?  Within 2m of each other in the car as as he left the other day, no masks.

He is a high profile individual who has, inadvertently or not, generated a huge amount of media interest.

Seeing the media scrum outside his house is uncomfortable for sure, but let’s not forget he brought this on himself.

Ah well, I guess it is ok then for the media lads. (And I know what you will say next).

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4705 on May 26, 2020, 08:58:29 pm by drfchound »
Selby
It's not the media scum, it's ordinary people keeping this going.
People like Bob on here who wasn't able to see his parent before they died.
And thousands of other tragic stories.
Cummings rode roughshod over the rules and has lied and refused to apologise.
The man's a disgrace and so is his puppet.

TT, read Selby’s post again, he didn’t say media SCUM.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4706 on May 26, 2020, 08:59:47 pm by IDM »
In general, I find the media scrum thing distasteful regardless of the subject.

I can understand it, doesn’t mean I have to like it.

There, was that what you expected.?

Can you tell me tomorrow’s lotto numbers next.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4707 on May 26, 2020, 09:02:10 pm by drfchound »
I’m keeping those secret mate. 🤔💫

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4708 on May 26, 2020, 09:03:58 pm by Donnywolf »

PMSL

Guess hes going to have to wait for a Labour Govt before he becomes a "Sir"

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4709 on May 26, 2020, 09:13:15 pm by Donnywolf »
That could be the new way of settlng arguments on here

La la la la load of old sh*t  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012