Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:18:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 941465 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4710 on May 26, 2020, 10:08:12 pm by Filo »
Hancock lied at todays briefing, he said they would review fines other people had got when seeking child care, it’s now come out that they are not going to review it.

The daily briefing can now be renamed the daily bullshit

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4711 on May 26, 2020, 10:55:04 pm by SydneyRover »
The final piece of the jigsaw of Cummings' crock!

''Dominic Cummings surely knew he was exploiting a rule meant for abuse victims''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/26/exceptional-circumstances-clause-domestic-abuse-victims-dominic-cummings-lockdown

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4712 on May 26, 2020, 11:06:43 pm by wilts rover »
The Liberal Elite really laying it on:

66% of Daily Heil readers think Cummings should resign. And more of'em think the Tories are out of touch than competent!

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1265385466079195136

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4713 on May 26, 2020, 11:19:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
YouGov do a poll every other week.

Here's how the Tory lead has gone since early April

24%
21%
18%
15%
6%

I can't remember seeing a governing party's lead collapse as quickly that so soon after election since...well, ever.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4714 on May 26, 2020, 11:31:51 pm by Filo »

24%
21%
18%
15%
6%

I can't remember seeing a governing party's lead collapse as quickly that so soon after election since...well, ever.

If those 40+ Tory MP’s resigned the whip it would be interesting, I know that won’t happen, but is it 49 letters to the 1922 committee that is needed to force a leadership election?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4715 on May 27, 2020, 12:12:10 am by tyke1962 »

24%
21%
18%
15%
6%

If those 40+ Tory MP’s resigned the whip it would be interesting, I know that won’t happen, but is it 49 letters to the 1922 committee that is needed to force a leadership election?

They'll be a couple within the cabinet biding their time , Gove especially who has support with the Telegraph and Times .

Sunak too in my opinion .

The time to strike is when all the Tory Party's problems can all be blamed on the leader like they did with May and IDS in opposition .

We aren't quite there yet but give it till early next year .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4716 on May 27, 2020, 12:21:36 am by tyke1962 »

24%
21%
18%
15%
6%

6% and not a huge recession or a trade deal with the EU yet to hit us .

I'm convinced he's going to capitulate in December with the EU I really am .

To tell the truth Billy I ain't too bothered if he does as a leaver .

If I've to bring down a Tory government by sacrificing my anti EU principles then there's no choice to be made .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4717 on May 27, 2020, 01:23:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
My take?

He HAS to give in on Brexit. It would be insane to go to a full-on No Deal in the current circumstances.

But we are going into the worst recession since the 1930s. PMs need a lot of support from the country to survive that. Or a divided Opposition. And he has just, over the past 4 days, decided to burn all his credibility with everyone apart from the Kool Aid drinkers. And he has a very organised Opposition facing him.

I expect him to have rock bottom polling figures for the next three years. And then be knifed. And probably Sunak take over, if the Tories have any sense.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4718 on May 27, 2020, 01:47:52 am by tyke1962 »
My take?

He HAS to give in on Brexit. It would be insane to go to a full-on No Deal in the current circumstances.

But we are going into the worst recession since the 1930s. PMs need a lot of support from the country to survive that. Or a divided Opposition. And he has just, over the past 4 days, decided to burn all his credibility with everyone apart from the Kool Aid drinkers. And he has a very organised Opposition facing him.

I expect him to have rock bottom polling figures for the next three years. And then be knifed. And probably Sunak take over, if the Tories have any sense.

He's getting nowt out of the EU Billy , they ain't stupid , he's losing the plot and political capital in the UK which just strengthens their position .

If he comes away with a lightweight trade deal and ties us in with the EU he's lost everything that got him elected to start with .

Take this coronavirus out of it and he may have had a sniff of getting something he could spin .

He's had it Billy , just a question of when and not if .

I really hope they elect Gove to replace him I really do , he's the one we want .

Different idiot but same shyte , the red wall want vote for Gove , absolutely no chance .

The ducks are beginning to shuffle in to position .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4719 on May 27, 2020, 09:56:45 am by DonnyOsmond »
Selby
It's not the media scum, it's ordinary people keeping this going.
People like Bob on here who wasn't able to see his parent before they died.
And thousands of other tragic stories.
Cummings rode roughshod over the rules and has lied and refused to apologise.
The man's a disgrace and so is his puppet.

TT, read Selby’s post again, he didn’t say media SCUM.

Tommy might have got that from Twitter as a lot of Tory bots seem to be using the term "scum media" which has done the job in catching on to the right wing Brexit types.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4720 on May 27, 2020, 10:16:09 am by ravenrover »
Hancock lied at todays briefing, he said they would review fines other people had got when seeking child care, it’s now come out that they are not going to review it.

Much ss it grieves me to defend Hancock he didn't actually say iy would happen just that he would take it up with the relevant people and get back to the vicar

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4721 on May 27, 2020, 10:49:30 am by SydneyRover »
A lawyers view of cummings statement

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1265573114219565057

Added

This is a bit long but very interesting so if you don't have time now save it for a quiet moment it reveals a lot about what we were fed/not fed from cummings statement.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:38:17 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4722 on May 27, 2020, 11:50:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I think this neatly summarises Cumgate for those who haven't been paying attention.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RussInCheshire/status/1265449109449777160

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4723 on May 27, 2020, 12:29:42 pm by drfchound »
Selby
It's not the media scum, it's ordinary people keeping this going.
People like Bob on here who wasn't able to see his parent before they died.
And thousands of other tragic stories.
Cummings rode roughshod over the rules and has lied and refused to apologise.
The man's a disgrace and so is his puppet.

TT, read Selby’s post again, he didn’t say media SCUM.

Tommy might have got that from Twitter as a lot of Tory bots seem to be using the term "scum media" which has done the job in catching on to the right wing Brexit types.

He did address it to selby though.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #4724 on May 27, 2020, 12:30:29 pm by EasyforDennis »

But haven't they always been that?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4725 on May 27, 2020, 12:35:01 pm by Filo »
A lawyers view of cummings statement

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1265573114219565057

Added

This is a bit long but very interesting so if you don't have time now save it for a quiet moment it reveals a lot about what we were fed/not fed from cummings statement.

Very interesting, and makes a lot of sense

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4726 on May 27, 2020, 12:41:00 pm by albie »
Good summary from George Monbiot on all the back channels clogging the decision making process in the UK system;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/27/privatisation-uk-disatrous-coronavirus-response-ppe-care-homes-corporate-power-public-policy

Net result;
Over 60,000 excess deaths and rising.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4727 on May 27, 2020, 12:50:26 pm by ravenrover »
Norman Smith on the beeb reckons Cummings is going to get away with it they are battening down the hatches until it blows over despite public opinion or is that to spite public opinion. Not enough of the Tory big hitters have come out in support of him going

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4728 on May 27, 2020, 12:57:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Norman Smith on the beeb reckons Cummings is going to get away with it they ate battening down the hatches until it blows over despite public opinion or is that to spite public opinion. Not enough of the Tory big hitters have come out in support of him going

The Govt reckons it'll blow over?

That'll be the same Govt who said they weren't going to waste their time in fake news when the issue first arose.

And the same Govt that thought wheeling out Johnson to do a car crash briefing on Sunday would put a cork in it.

And the same Govt that thought putting His Excellency in the Rose Garden to tell us a load of b*llocks would end public interest in it.

That went well...

Of course media attention will move on. That's not the point though. Cummings has always been toxic. Now the country SEES him as toxic. And if he isn't sacked, that impression of Johnson protecting a condescending "do as I say, not as I do" elitist liar will not go away.

Their "we are on your side" act is holed below the waterline if Cummings doesn't go.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4729 on May 27, 2020, 01:04:47 pm by SydneyRover »
Dominic Cummings Blogpost Odyssean Education (excerpt)

‘’Courses such as Politics, Philosophy and Economics (and economics in general) do not train political leaders well. They encourage superficial bluffing, misplaced confidence (e.g. many graduates leave with little or no idea about fundamental issues concerning mathematical models of the economy (cf. p.21-5 & 214-229)), and they do not train people to make decisions in complex organisations. Ministers are selected from MPs but MPs are not selected for their ability to devise policy, prioritise, manage complex organisations, or admit and fix errors. In the absence of effective training, many default to gimmicks and attempts to manipulate the media. In the choice between ‘to be’ or ‘to do’, insiders tend to choose the former because the system incentivises behaviour that is contrary to the public interest’’

https://dominiccummings.com/the-odyssean-project-2/

bst you have written about cummings contempt for mps, note the bit about where he says many default to gimmicks and attempts to manipulate the media, it's gobsmacking in present circumstances .............. anyone got a twitter account?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4730 on May 27, 2020, 01:07:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hat tip to our kid for finding this one.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4731 on May 27, 2020, 01:09:49 pm by albie »
Back with the virus, the population weighted Covid stats make sombre reading;
https://twitter.com/mygibbo/status/1265034151197118473/photo/1

Top of the European League, we are!
How Leeds United is that?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4732 on May 27, 2020, 01:10:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And Hugh Grant. Who, to be fair, knows a bit about indiscretions in cars.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HackedOffHugh/status/1265309633243119616

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4733 on May 27, 2020, 01:12:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Back with the virus, the population weighted Covid stats make sombre reading;
https://twitter.com/mygibbo/status/1265034151197118473/photo/1

Top of the European League, we are!
How Leeds United is that?

For the record, that is the data for the past 7 days, not the total deaths.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4735 on May 27, 2020, 01:49:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I've just thought - and nobody's mentioned it as far as I know...these baying mobs that were supposedly making poor ol' Dom fear for his and his family's life...where did this 'mob' spring from in the middle of everybody being in lockdown? And did he not call the police saying he was in fear of his life and needed protection, and that therefore the police would have a record of such a call and what their response was?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4736 on May 27, 2020, 01:56:14 pm by IDM »
Not defending the guy, but threats against Cummings could have been made online, a bit like those made against the bishop who spoke out the other day.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4737 on May 27, 2020, 02:19:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How ironic that would be. People threatening Cummings online. The man who first came to public attention for on-line threats to a journalist investigating him, that he would release sensitive personal information about the journalist if he didn't back off.

For the record, I don't like it and I despise anyone who threatens people physically or verbally. But there's a long, long list of people who would get my finite reserve of sympathy before Cummings.

If you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind, no?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4738 on May 27, 2020, 02:33:17 pm by tommy toes »
This about sums up the Governments attitude

https://youtu.be/ogp_Dai691k

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4739 on May 27, 2020, 03:50:27 pm by wilts rover »

24%
21%
18%
15%
6%

They'll be a couple within the cabinet biding their time , Gove especially who has support with the Telegraph and Times .

Sunak too in my opinion .

The time to strike is when all the Tory Party's problems can all be blamed on the leader like they did with May and IDS in opposition .

We aren't quite there yet but give it till early next year .

Gove!! After his performance on LBC the other day!

Sajid Javid has been very, very quite these past few days... watch this space

TinyPortal © 2005-2012