Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 01:36:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 934283 times)

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4440 on May 24, 2020, 08:23:57 pm by drfcdrfc »
Shouldn't Jeremy Corbyn be isolating?

After all that has been publicised over the last 24 hours or so, that's your only comment of it all?

Yes.

Perfect!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4441 on May 24, 2020, 08:31:48 pm by IDM »
Agreed IDM, both instance are deplorable. I just find it incredibly hypocritical for one to be a pariah on here and one not (along party lines mostly) it makes a mockery of the sincerity of some posters

Don’t forget however that Kinnock hasn’t been plastered all over the media - I didn’t know at all until you brought it up.

Part of the anger at Cummings is his “don’t care” attitude, and don’t forget there is plenty of anger towards him from Tory MPs too.

I am sure that if labour were in power and Kinnock held a senior position, he would be being held responsible.  Of course, opinions would be expressed with less vitriol when it’s someone in a party you support - a bit like football, where if a player on the opposition team commits a bad foul the fans scream blue murder at him to be sent off, yet for one of their own players the reaction is silly sod deserves to be sent off.

But you cannot hide from the fact that Cummings is a leading figure in the government, Kinnock is not.

Cummings was involved in the making of the rules which he broke (as was that scientist whose name I forget - Ferguson.?) but Kinnock was not.  That’s a difference I hope you can see?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:39:44 pm by IDM »

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4442 on May 24, 2020, 08:37:44 pm by Iberian Red »
Shouldn't Jeremy Corbyn be isolating?

After all that has been publicised over the last 24 hours or so, that's your only comment of it all?

That's far too complex a question for Mr Bull....

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4443 on May 24, 2020, 08:39:09 pm by Ldr »
Agreed IDM, both instance are deplorable. I just find it incredibly hypocritical for one to be a pariah on here and one not (along party lines mostly) it makes a mockery of the sincerity of some posters

Don’t forget however that Kinnock hasn’t been plastered all over the media - I didn’t know at all until you brought it up.

Part of the anger at Cummings is his “don’t care” attitude, and don’t forget there is plenty of anger towards him from Tory MPs too.

I am sure that if labour were in power and Kinnock held a senior position, he would be being held responsible.  Of course, opinions would be expressed with less vitriol when it’s someone in a party you support - a bit like football, where if a player on the opposition team commits a bad foul the fans scream blue murder at him to be sent off, yet for one of their own players the reaction is silly sod deserves to be sent off.

But you cannot hide from the fact that Cummings is a leading figure in the government, Kinnock is not.

It was reported in the paper of choice, cant imagine the brigade would have missed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/stephen-kinnock-targeted-by-police-for-visiting-father-neil

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4444 on May 24, 2020, 08:40:54 pm by Copps is Magic »
I stick to my opinion stated earlier that he has to go, no question, I have to wonder though where all this outrage displayed today on here was when Stephen Kinnock went to visit his dad? Yes I know hes not in government but consistency ppl!!

Its consistent with the moral outrage Dianne Abbot recieved for drinking a mojito on a train.

How about let's not do the party politics thing on this one eh? Predictable and pointless.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4445 on May 24, 2020, 08:41:06 pm by IDM »
Ldr, See my edit for another reason why there may be different reactions.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4446 on May 24, 2020, 08:41:18 pm by Jonathan »

I’m sure you are able to differentiate between the two without bringing political allegiance into it, as I assume you’re trying to do with the comparison. 

Both are fundamentally wrong. However I’m not aware that Kinnock was infected, suspected he was infected, denied it or covered it up. In fact the very fact the story broke immediately (via him) at the start of the lockdown, before so many people had cause to make so many sacrifices of their own, probably also explains the comparable scale of reaction at the time. That’s not defending him, it was very clearly wrong and if it broke now and there was an effort to cover it up and pass it off as okay then I think people would be up in arms. Similarly Jenrick (for political balance) also flouted the rules earlier on but I don’t recall such a big reaction as this, probably again due to timing and the fact that there’s no reason to suspect he was infected.

The Cummings case is totally different to both of the above.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4447 on May 24, 2020, 08:44:24 pm by Not Now Kato »
I stick to my opinion stated earlier that he has to go, no question, I have to wonder though where all this outrage displayed today on here was when Stephen Kinnock went to visit his dad? Yes I know hes not in government but consistency ppl!!

Got a link.?  So we can read and comment.?

Early days I know, and perhaps, apart from BST who has been correct in his analysis of the seriousness of the situation  at the time, we may have dismissed it

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-03-30/police-urge-mp-stephen-kinnock-to-comply-with-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-after-visiting-dad-on-birthday/

He was clearly wrong to do this, though it appears they did social distance.  He shouldn't have made the journey though!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4448 on May 24, 2020, 08:48:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Its consistent with the moral outrage Dianne Abbot recieved for drinking a mojito on a train.

How about let's not do the party politics thing on this one eh? Predictable and pointless.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! f**k me sideways!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4449 on May 24, 2020, 09:03:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I’m sure you are able to differentiate between the two without bringing political allegiance into it, as I assume you’re trying to do with the comparison. 

Both are fundamentally wrong. However I’m not aware that Kinnock was infected, suspected he was infected, denied it or covered it up. In fact the very fact the story broke immediately (via him) at the start of the lockdown, before so many people had cause to make so many sacrifices of their own, probably also explains the comparable scale of reaction at the time. That’s not defending him, it was very clearly wrong and if it broke now and there was an effort to cover it up and pass it off as okay then I think people would be up in arms. Similarly Jenrick (for political balance) also flouted the rules earlier on but I don’t recall such a big reaction as this, probably again due to timing and the fact that there’s no reason to suspect he was infected.

The Cummings case is totally different to both of the above.

This.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4450 on May 24, 2020, 09:06:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bern trying to figure out why my skin was crawling watching Johnson at the Briefing.

It's just come to me.

This.

He said Cummings, "followed the instincts of every father."

This from a father who has refused to acknowledge the existence of one of his offspring.

The hypocrisy is really quite something to witness.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4451 on May 24, 2020, 09:10:30 pm by drfchound »

It was reported in the paper of choice, cant imagine the brigade would have missed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/29/stephen-kinnock-targeted-by-police-for-visiting-father-neil

They wont have missed it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4452 on May 24, 2020, 09:12:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Where’s Bozzer in all this.? Nowt to say.?

Labour have asked THE key question of him. And it's the reason Cummings will not be getting sacked.

Labour have asked, did Johnson know where Cummings was.

The response is "The PM was aware that Cummings was self-isolating." Which, of course, entirely avoids the actual question.

So we can take it as read that Johnson knew damn well where Cummings was.

And here's the interesting bit.

Cummings is not a Tory. He doesn't have any allegiance to the Tory party. Never been a member.

If he's sacked over this, he'll go off like a daisy cutter land mine.

He's got previous. When he's been crossed in the past, he's gone volcanic on his blog, doing character assassinations of his opponents.

Imagine what he now knows about Johnson. Cummings could have him out of Downing Street in an instant. The first thing would be shouting from his blog that Johnson knew damn well he was in Durham and was perfectly OK with it. Following that, there would be the inside story of where the f**k the PM was throughout February as CV-19 bedded in. And you can bet your left knacker there are other skeletons in the cupboard, given Johnson's long established inability to stay sober and keep his cock in his pants.

And THAT is why the Govt has gone all in, defending the indefensible today.

As I was saying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1264597243035877377

No way will Johnson dare sack Cummings. Ever.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4453 on May 24, 2020, 09:24:58 pm by IDM »
I wonder what he has got on Johnson that is so bad.?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4454 on May 24, 2020, 09:35:26 pm by IDM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52793376

Fairly scathing review by Laura K here.!

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4455 on May 24, 2020, 10:19:23 pm by tommy toes »
JK Rowling tweets that Johnson might as well have got to the lectern given us the finger and walked off.

She also tweeted that she will pay the salary of the Civil Service worker who posted THAT tweet if he/she is sacked.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4456 on May 24, 2020, 10:30:23 pm by Filo »
Can’t see the pair of them lasting much longer, the heat is on big time, the Daily Mail have turned on them, I dare say the lack of tweets or comments from Cabinet Ministers after yesterdays all in is suggesting they’re not happy bunny’s in cabinet

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4457 on May 24, 2020, 10:37:06 pm by SydneyRover »
Surely shoplifting is now acceptable if you just do it to feed your kids?

How else can you interpret the Attorney General's tweet?

Well I would if my kids were starving as would you.....

And both you and I would expect to be prosecuted.

I think the dilemma here is would you risk everyone elses kids, grandparents, brothers and sisters etc in the process remember Eyam.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4458 on May 24, 2020, 10:58:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Can’t see the pair of them lasting much longer, the heat is on big time, the Daily Mail have turned on them, I dare say the lack of tweets or comments from Cabinet Ministers after yesterdays all in is suggesting they’re not happy bunny’s in cabinet

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1264660171797782530?s=19

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4459 on May 24, 2020, 10:59:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52793376

Fairly scathing review by Laura K here.!

Yep. Fair play to her on that one.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4460 on May 24, 2020, 11:03:20 pm by SydneyRover »
joined at the hip maybe they'll toss it in together Thelma and Louise style?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4461 on May 24, 2020, 11:07:16 pm by Filo »

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1264660171797782530?s=19

If that is true, the required amount of Letters to get him sacked must already be in

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4462 on May 24, 2020, 11:08:52 pm by SydneyRover »
So according to johnson's speech lockdown in the UK is over for parents?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4463 on May 25, 2020, 07:17:57 am by SydneyRover »
Something to cheer you up

''Coronavirus: How lockdown brought a village closer together''

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52789073/coronavirus-how-lockdown-brought-a-village-closer-together

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4464 on May 25, 2020, 07:19:23 am by roversdude »
BBC interviewing someone from Mail on Sunday - what an obnoxious prick trying to defend Cummings

Edit Dan Rogers

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4465 on May 25, 2020, 07:46:25 am by wilts rover »
Another twist on the story then. Cummings went to Durham because his uncle died.

So now we have:

1. For my elderly parents to provide childcare

2. No, for my sister to provide childcare

3. Ok, no one provided childcare, but I was ill

4. No, my wife was ill. I thought I was ill. But I wasn’t. Until I was.

5. My uncle died.

What will it be tomorrow - they had a supply of toilet rolls and we ran out?

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1264662832018337792

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4466 on May 25, 2020, 08:08:34 am by SydneyRover »
And this one from yesterday

'Truth twisters': rogue civil service tweet causes storm
Post on official civil service account apparently critical of Johnson’s press conference spreads like wildfire before being deleted

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/can-you-imagine-having-to-work-with-these-truth-twisters

oops, just spotted it further down the one you posted Wilts
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:12:15 am by SydneyRover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4467 on May 25, 2020, 08:22:24 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I think the dilemma here is would you risk everyone elses kids, grandparents, brothers and sisters etc in the process remember Eyam.

Frankly yes, I'd do anything for my kids.

This story goes above that though, it's a blatant attempt to cover up a f**k up and the guy should just resign it's the principle and the message it sends in not accepting it.

I'm not keen on the media treatment of the guy, but his actions can't be seen as right.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4468 on May 25, 2020, 09:11:08 am by IDM »

Frankly yes, I'd do anything for my kids.

This story goes above that though, it's a blatant attempt to cover up a f**k up and the guy should just resign it's the principle and the message it sends in not accepting it.

I'm not keen on the media treatment of the guy, but his actions can't be seen as right.

You would do anything for your kids, of course, but I bet you would explore all legal and reasonable alternatives, before twisting rules and law breaking  wouldn’t you.?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4469 on May 25, 2020, 09:37:09 am by Filo »
Another twist on the story then. Cummings went to Durham because his uncle died.

So now we have:

1. For my elderly parents to provide childcare

2. No, for my sister to provide childcare

3. Ok, no one provided childcare, but I was ill

4. No, my wife was ill. I thought I was ill. But I wasn’t. Until I was.

5. My uncle died.

What will it be tomorrow - they had a supply of toilet rolls and we ran out?

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1264662832018337792

Lord Justice Laws died in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, his Mother seems to have dug a few more shovels out of that large hole they are digging forthemselves

TinyPortal © 2005-2012