Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 02:44:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game  (Read 9794 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game
« Reply #30 on January 30, 2020, 09:55:26 pm by 5 on Tour »
Devante Cole to get his first goal for us against his old club this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed for that one. Hopefully 3. Did he play under Barton there? Or did he leave just before Joey took over? Only asking as if Joey let him go and then Cole scores Barton is going to have a tantrum without doubt. That’s always brilliant entertainment. 😂

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 30, 2020, 09:58:09 pm by drfchound »
Players scoring against their former club.......it often happens doesn’t it.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 30, 2020, 10:01:58 pm by Rovers91 »
I'd be happy with a point even if they are out of form but that bench is going to look better now if we need to change anything in the game. Get a result on Saturday and it sets us up well for the run of fixtures we have before Pompey, which on paper looks quite a nice run in.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 30, 2020, 10:03:17 pm by drfchound »
After the next two weeks we have a run of six away games out of seven fixtures.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 30, 2020, 10:41:50 pm by Reesielad »
Devante Cole to get his first goal for us against his old club this weekend

Fingers crossed for that one. Hopefully 3. Did he play under Barton there? Or did he leave just before Joey took over? Only asking as if Joey let him go and then Cole scores Barton is going to have a tantrum without doubt. That’s always brilliant entertainment.

From what I can tell, Barton has been Manager of Fleetwood since June 18 and Devante left for Wigan in January of that year so was gone a good 6 months before he came in.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 30, 2020, 10:49:30 pm by Colin C No.3 »
DM’s bo*****ing?!

Would that bo*****ing (there are kids read this forum) have gone along the lines of.....

“Right you lot, 3-1, 3 flipping 1! I asked you for 10 goals & a clean sheet!

Dieng. It’s all well & good collecting every shot & cross with ease & commanding your penalty box, but a great keeper would have anticipated that deflected shot that led to their goal..rubbish!

Halliday. You kept making penetrating runs into the heart of their defence, you stopped balls coming in from the left, but why can’t you take long throw ins like they were taking?...rubbish!

James. You were up & down that left hand side linking up with Sadlier & making crosses into the box but did we score from one of them, no...rubbish!

Cameron John. You carried the ball out of defence forcing their frontline to track back, but you gave the ball away 3 times in the first half...rubbish!

Anderson. You won every header & challenge you made, never gave the ball away, brought it out of defence with your head up & played it simple, but why didn’t you score from your header that was on target but saved from the corner in the first half?...rubbish!

Copps. Yes you got yet another assist for Sad’s first goal, but in the second half you dummied their defender on the edge of the box, curled a shot that had their keeper beaten but was it a goal? No, you hit the post..rubbish!

Sheaf. You broke up play, took up good positions making it difficult for them to create any momentum in midfield, but did you shoot when you had the opportunity? No,...rubbish!

Whiteman. You’re looking more & more like Jordan Henderson out there...rubbish!

Taylor. You ran with the ball down the right flank & put in a pin point cross for Sadlier’s headed 2nd goal, but did you win one header? No..rubbish!

Sadlier. Two goals, so when is that hat trick coming?...rubbish!

Ennis. You controlled the ball with one touch, turned your man & slotted the ball past the keeper from 20 yards. Why don’t you do that every week?...rubbish!

You were Shabby, Shoddy....rubbish!”

I think you are quite silly at times !

The bollocking would have been quite professional, perhaps reminding the team to concentrate on the things they have been practicing, and don’t invite problems....

I’m not sure why you would think to list all the players and their collective qualities.....oh yeah forgot ....it’s you! and you like your fifteen minutes wherever you can get them....

Darren did allude to the fact that he was a little disappointed that the team didn’t take advantage of a weak team, (especially with the gulf in class...)

Not a bo*****ing after all then. Just DM ‘alluding to the fact he was a little disappointed’.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 30, 2020, 10:56:03 pm by sha66y »
DM’s bo*****ing?!

Would that bo*****ing (there are kids read this forum) have gone along the lines of.....

“Right you lot, 3-1, 3 flipping 1! I asked you for 10 goals & a clean sheet!

Dieng. It’s all well & good collecting every shot & cross with ease & commanding your penalty box, but a great keeper would have anticipated that deflected shot that led to their goal..rubbish!

Halliday. You kept making penetrating runs into the heart of their defence, you stopped balls coming in from the left, but why can’t you take long throw ins like they were taking?...rubbish!

James. You were up & down that left hand side linking up with Sadlier & making crosses into the box but did we score from one of them, no...rubbish!

Cameron John. You carried the ball out of defence forcing their frontline to track back, but you gave the ball away 3 times in the first half...rubbish!

Anderson. You won every header & challenge you made, never gave the ball away, brought it out of defence with your head up & played it simple, but why didn’t you score from your header that was on target but saved from the corner in the first half?...rubbish!

Copps. Yes you got yet another assist for Sad’s first goal, but in the second half you dummied their defender on the edge of the box, curled a shot that had their keeper beaten but was it a goal? No, you hit the post..rubbish!

Sheaf. You broke up play, took up good positions making it difficult for them to create any momentum in midfield, but did you shoot when you had the opportunity? No,...rubbish!

Whiteman. You’re looking more & more like Jordan Henderson out there...rubbish!

Taylor. You ran with the ball down the right flank & put in a pin point cross for Sadlier’s headed 2nd goal, but did you win one header? No..rubbish!

Sadlier. Two goals, so when is that hat trick coming?...rubbish!

Ennis. You controlled the ball with one touch, turned your man & slotted the ball past the keeper from 20 yards. Why don’t you do that every week?...rubbish!

You were Shabby, Shoddy....rubbish!”

I think you are quite silly at times !

The bollocking would have been quite professional, perhaps reminding the team to concentrate on the things they have been practicing, and don’t invite problems....

I’m not sure why you would think to list all the players and their collective qualities.....oh yeah forgot ....it’s you! and you like your fifteen minutes wherever you can get them....

Darren did allude to the fact that he was a little disappointed that the team didn’t take advantage of a weak team, (especially with the gulf in class...)

Not a bo*****ing after all then. Just DM ‘alluding to the fact he was a little disappointed’.

From Darren....that probably is a rollocking!

But I’m sure you will stretch this out for at least a few more minutes to get to your regulation 15....

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 31, 2020, 08:09:03 am by Pancho Regan »
After the next two weeks we have a run of six away games out of seven fixtures.

Just checked our 'run-in'.
Apologies if this has been highlighted elsewhere but of our final 9 league games of the season only two are at home.

That's a pretty tough run-in.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 31, 2020, 08:15:21 am by IDM »
The original fixture list had much more home and away balance.. there are the away games at Bolton, Tranmere and Portsmouth already out of synch, and there should have been Bury away in August.  We have also missed out playing Bury at home scheduled for Easter.  Had those games all been played when they should, the fixtures would appear better balanced.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 31, 2020, 08:37:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's the proverbial take one game at a time. We've now got competition for places which should raise the bar in the final third.

Once again, we've just got to look at it objectively. We just need to maintain a 2 points per game average which gives us some leaway.  We can definitely sneak up on the leaders, as I keep reminding my Millers supporting mate.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 31, 2020, 10:18:31 am by RoversAlias »
Our last three away games have yielded three very good performances and results. So perhaps it is no bad thing.

We won this division in 2013 off the back of our incredible away form too, so we have previous for it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 31, 2020, 10:19:55 am by IDM »
That and having an approach that the next game is always most important, home or away..

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 31, 2020, 04:59:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Our last three away games have yielded three very good performances and results. So perhaps it is no bad thing.

We won this division in 2013 off the back of our incredible away form too, so we have previous for it.

Stretching a point to say the Southend performance was very good, RA.  Very good result and three very well taken goals but far too much slack play. A 'very poor' Southend side hit the woodwork twice and scored from another example of loose play, losing possession passing it out of defence straight to their midfield.
Nevertheless, with the strengthening we've done this week I too am feeling very optimistic for the remainder of the season.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 31, 2020, 06:54:29 pm by RoversAlias »
Southend game was at home. In our last three away games we have drawn at Sunderland playing very well and beaten Bristol Rovers and Peterborough with excellent displays. Clean sheets in all three matches too.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 31, 2020, 07:05:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not going to be so easy picking the starting XI now.

Still think DM might opt for Gomes in midfield and keep Copps for later in the game.

Sadlier should keep his place with Ennis. Does Taylor start or do we give Devante a chance to shine against his former employer?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 31, 2020, 08:20:36 pm by drfchound »
Not going to be so easy picking the starting XI now.

Still think DM might opt for Gomes in midfield and keep Copps for later in the game.

Sadlier should keep his place with Ennis. Does Taylor start or do we give Devante a chance to shine against his former employer?

It should be said that each of the front three did enough against Southend to retain their places in the team.
It is great that the manager has selection problems now after the past few weeks when we could just about name the team on the way to the game.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 31, 2020, 09:04:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s not been the manager’s style to put new lads straight in the firing line, so I can see all 3 on the bench tomorrow. But, I just wonder if Ennis deserves a rest from the battering he’s been getting up top on his own.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 31, 2020, 11:58:29 pm by selby »
  We now have competition all over the park now, it is play well or lose the shirt.
   Well done Darren Moore, Gavin Baldwin, the new head of recruitment, and the board, and all kept out of the media until completed with young players of quality coming in. If they read some of the suicidal posts on this forum while doing their work in the back ground they must have found it quite funny knowing what was going off.
  Just a word on Thomas and Bingham, while here they did their best, are far from the worst players I have ever seen pull on a Rovers Shirt, and to my mind were judged on their previous records with other clubs by some on here, and not by what they did while here. so it is a thanks for your time from me.
  But the new signings show now a new ambition in the club to sign better younger players with better playing records at a higher standard, and we have a management team that is ambitious  for this club and themselves to go forward.
  I have a feeling we are going to have to get used to better things in the future and higher standards throughout the club from top to bottom, with the manager left to do it his way, which is the right way to manage a club like ours.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:21:57 am by selby »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 01, 2020, 08:34:16 am by DonnyOsmond »
Sounds like DM will ease in the new lads.

Dieng

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
James

Whiteman
Sheaf

Sadlier
Coppinger
Taylor

Ennis

Jones, John, Blair, Gomes, Ramsey, Cole, Okenabirhie

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 01, 2020, 09:21:29 am by selby »
  Let's not forget that Fleetwood have the chance to play their new signings from the past week, and look on the face of it to have strengthened well with good signings,
  Isak Thorvaldson is the captain of the Iceland u19s side and comes on loan from Norwich, decribed as a tough tackling mid fielder
  Barry Mckay is on loan from Swasea, formerly Rangers and Nottingham Forest, described as a tricky midfielder who goes past players.
  Lewis Gibson is on loan from Everton, described as a big left footed uncompromising defender who has played for the England youth sides through the age groups.
  So players with a good pedigree and just as exciting for the Fleetwood supporters and with the advantage of trying to make an impression in front of an enthusiastic home crowd.
  It will be a tough game at a place we have never found it easy to get a result. Like at Sunderland time to put our past displays behind us and get a better result to carry on our decent form.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:26:13 am by selby »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 01, 2020, 09:25:07 am by i_ateallthepies »
  Let's not forget that Fleetwood have the chance to play their new signings from the past week, and look on the face of it to have strengthened well with good signings,
  Isak Thorvaldson is the captain of the Iceland u19s side and comes on loan from Norwich, decribed as a tough tackling mid fielder
  Barry Mckay is on loan from Swasea, formerly Rangersand Nottingham Forest, described as a tricky midfielder who goes past players.
  Lewis Gibson is on loan from Everton, described as a big left footed uncompromising defender who has played for the England youth sides through the age groups.
  So players with a good pedigree and just as exciting for the Fleetwood supporters and with the advantage of trying to make an impression in front of an enthusiastic home crowd.
  It will be a tough game at a place we have never found it easy to get a result. Like at Sunderland time to put our past diplays behind us and get a better result to carry on our decent form.

Crikey, should be a laugh watching him, does he not have a right food the same size?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 01, 2020, 09:52:35 am by Campsall rover »
If we can win today i feel that it sets a serious marker to our aspirations this season.
No one game ever defines a season of course but Fleetwood is a place we have never put in a decent performance.
A good one today with 3 points at the end of it imo will be very significant.
Games against Tranmere, Rochdale & Bolton which we will all be hoping for 3 points from to follow and we will be seriously flying.
None of those games will be a given of course as they never are and we will need to turn up and put in the hard yards to get the points.

If we do get 10 or 12 points from these 4 games we will be very well placed going into a heavily weighted block of away games over the following 6 weeks.

One game at a time is the mantra and that’s what the manager and team will be focused on.

Onwards and upwards. It’s going to be very exciting last 3 months that’s for sure.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:00:48 am by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 01, 2020, 09:53:32 am by selby »
  IAAP, I am posting a disclaimer, I pinched the descriptions that  were attributed to Joey Barton on the BBC site, so scouse speak.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 01, 2020, 09:55:12 am by IDM »
  Barry Mckay is on loan from Swasea, formerly Rangers and Nottingham Forest, described as a tricky midfielder who goes past players.
  It will be a tough game at a place we have never found it easy to get a result. Like at Sunderland time to put our past displays behind us and get a better result to carry on our decent form.

Although today may be a good time to play them as the signings this week won’t really be integrated into their style of play yet..

That’s also why I don’t think DM will throw all out new signings straight in today.  Maybe Cole, but the others bench at best today.?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 01, 2020, 09:55:34 am by since-1969 »

Dieng

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
James

Whiteman
Sheaf

Sadlier
Coppinger
Taylor

Ennis

What about Lokilo   .
If your going to drive everyone of round the bend while you take nearly a month before you bring anyone in and then sweep up nearly ALL your targets at the end only to leave them out WHAT has been achieved , when your opposition has drawn its last 3 games and is so desperate for a win we hand it to them on a plate by leaving them all in the bench .Foh !..Why bother signing them .
I say Drop Copps Ennis Sheaf and let loose the hounds ...
Cole ,
Okenabirhie
Ramsey . ..,

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 01, 2020, 09:59:49 am by IDM »

Dieng

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
James

Whiteman
Sheaf

Sadlier
Coppinger
Taylor

Ennis

What about Lokilo   .
If your going to drive everyone of round the bend while you take nearly a month before you bring anyone in and then sweep up nearly ALL your targets at the end only to leave them out WHAT has been achieved , when your opposition has drawn its last 3 games and is so desperate for a win we hand it to them on a plate by leaving them all in the bench .Foh !..Why bother signing them .
Cole ,
Okenabirhie
Ramsey . ..,

Lokilo didn’t sign in time to play today..

Throwing them all in at the deep end after being with us a few days or less, is crazy.  With plenty of fixtures in the coming weeks, they will all get a chance.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 01, 2020, 09:59:56 am by DonnyOsmond »

Dieng

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
James

Whiteman
Sheaf

Sadlier
Coppinger
Taylor

Ennis

What about Lokilo   .
Cole ,
Okenabirhie
Ramsey . ..,

Lokilo wasn't registered in time to play today, so that decision makes itself.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 01, 2020, 10:00:43 am by CottyRover »
  Barry Mckay is on loan from Swasea, formerly Rangersand Nottingham Forest, described as a tricky midfielder who goes past players.
  It will be a tough game at a place we have never found it easy to get a result. Like at Sunderland time to put our past diplays behind us and get a better result to carry on our decent form.

Crikey, should be a laugh watching him, does he not have a right food the same size?

😂

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 01, 2020, 10:01:22 am by IDM »

Dieng

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
James

Whiteman
Sheaf

Sadlier
Coppinger
Taylor

Ennis

What about Lokilo   .
If your going to drive everyone of round the bend while you take nearly a month before you bring anyone in and then sweep up nearly ALL your targets at the end only to leave them out WHAT has been achieved, when your opposition has drawn its last 3 games and is so desperate for a win we hand it to them on a plate by leaving them all in the bench .Foh !..Why bother signing them .
Cole ,
Okenabirhie
Ramsey . ..,

Are you kidding.??  These players weren’t signed just for the one match..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:11:18 am by IDM »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 01, 2020, 10:05:03 am by Campsall rover »

Dieng

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
James

Whiteman
Sheaf

Sadlier
Coppinger
Taylor

Ennis

What about Lokilo   .
Cole ,
Okenabirhie
Ramsey . ..,
That’s why your not the manager and DM is.
How much training have they done at Cantley Park to integrate themselves into the way we play?
Give them another week. Sure that’s what DM will do. We will see.

Bench for all of them except possibly Cole imo.
Lokilo isn’t even available today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012