Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 01:07:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Did anyone...  (Read 7921 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Did anyone...
« on February 01, 2020, 07:02:32 pm by NickDRFC »
Actually go today? Couple of hours after the game and zero comment.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Re: Did anyone...
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2020, 07:21:56 pm by Reesielad »
Yeah I went, just got home - to Catterick.

Sloppy today, wind played a part but a lot of players looked off the boil and struggled to control the ball, people you would expect to like Sadlier.

My main take away from today though is Cameron John is not a left back.

Ennis put another shift in and when DM introduced Cole he went out on the left and looked lively, he was unfortunate not to get a second.

Feetwood up to their usual tricks, trying to bully, slow down and waist time as soon as they took the lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2020, 07:28:24 pm by bpoolrover »
Can’t argue with any of that, the only other thing is not sure why we needed 3 defensive midfielder with both bens and Gomes, seemed to be very little attacking options

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2020, 07:35:03 pm by since-1969 »
Actually go today? Couple of hours after the game and zero comment.
It was dreadful barely a shot in first half and 5 mins where we actually tried to get forward and scored. Fleetwood must love the way we play as we just make things easy for them . We are too slow getting up the pitch in a windy day . They just lump it to a well drilled front two who just played for free kicks 000’s of them and the ref just gave everyone.

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2020, 07:35:22 pm by Magicman »
We are looking at Copps as an impact player but when he came on feet gave the ball away to much, but Gomez had a good first half.  We had most of the play but we was a lot ruthless

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2020, 07:38:22 pm by StocksArmy »
My comments are in lucky pint. Todays loss lies with DM im afraid.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2020, 07:56:56 pm by donnievic »
Can’t argue with any of that, the only other thing is not sure why we needed 3 defensive midfielder with both bens and Gomes, seemed to be very little attacking options
you say it like they was all on the pitch at the same time!!!!!,regarding John only thing I can think why he played instead of James is maybe for his height due to the way fleetwood play although think in hindsight James would of been better as a attacking option

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2020, 08:00:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Just got home.

Again a disappointing performance at what seems to be a graveyard of a ground for Rovers.
Having said that we had to combat poor weather conditions ( same for both teams )
But worse the Joey Barton school of spoiling tactics which completely ruined the game as a spectacle.
If that’s modern football and you have got to resort to niggly fouls, players pretending to have been pole axed at the slightest contact made, players then feigning injury and time wasting, to get a result then the game is on a slippery slope.
Even worse was a referee who fell for these tactics or turned a blind eye to them.

DM was very diplomatic on his summing up of Fleetwood after the game.
Many managers would not have been.

On to the next game. That one has gone. 3 points at Prenton Park on Tuesday.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:05:29 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 01, 2020, 08:01:30 pm by Campsall rover »
What’s that supposed to mean? Explanation please.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2020, 08:09:54 pm by Jonathan »

Without wanting to appear like a sleuth, I’d imagine it means that the comments are in the ‘Lucky Pint’ section of the forum, and that the poster didn’t agree with DM’s team selection. I don’t think they are alone in questioning the selection at left back.

It certainly didn’t help, but personally I’m not sure that or indeed any one thing lost us the game. There were a multitude of factors. Not our day - it rarely seems to be over there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 08:45:54 pm by Jonathan »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 01, 2020, 08:11:01 pm by Jimmydee »
I went too, there wasn’t much to report, the blustery conditions spoilt the play, we couldn’t get past their 6’6”  centre half and he even managed to get up front and poke a goal home, I’ve been to Highbury on a few occasions but I’m never going back to that he’ll hole again.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 01, 2020, 08:13:19 pm by NickDRFC »

Without wanting to appear like a sleuth, I’d imagine it means that the comments are in the ‘Lucky Pint’ section of the forum, and that the poster didn’t agree with DM’s team selection. I don’t think they are alone in questioning the selection at left back.

Personally I’m not sure that or indeed any one thing lost us the game. There were a multitude of factors. Not our day - it rarely seems to be there.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 01, 2020, 08:23:11 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes good summary jimmydee - and we didnt really deserve anything today BUT had we have played how we can we would surely have beaten them

Someone above said (paraphrase) god help the Game if that is where it is headed. Evans MOTM for them ? Spent most of his time rolling on the floor and the Ref actually told him about it once and let him carry on with the same routine. Minimal contact - down he goes rolling around.

The only time he didnt roll around was when he faked a serious injury with 5 minutes to go having got wind he was being Subbed. He went to the farest place then went down - IMMOBILE. After 3 minutes "treatment" he managed to get to his feet and went off the Pitch. He managed to get back on where he had just been injured - the Ball went out and up went "Number 9" Board

If I had to watch that every week I wouldnt go. It would be more entertaining Eddie Stobart Lorry spotting

.... and thats why I would sooner lose 4-0 to Sunderland than 2-1 to them

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 01, 2020, 08:30:18 pm by dickos1 »
It’s been obvious for a few weeks that James is our best left back by a long way.
I don’t understand playing John there at all, it’s not his best position.
At the minute he should be on the bench waiting for his opportunity at centre half

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 01, 2020, 08:32:38 pm by Campsall rover »
We are looking at Copps as an impact player but when he came on feet gave the ball away to much, but Gomez had a good first half.  We had most of the play but we was a lot ruthless
Thought Gomes was non existent until the last 10/15 mins today.
Too lightweight against a physical and cynical team.
But none of our players had a really good day. Fleetwood ( Barton ) and the ref made sure of that.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 01, 2020, 08:36:15 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s been obvious for a few weeks that James is our best left back by a long way.
I don’t understand playing John there at all, it’s not his best position.
At the minute he should be on the bench waiting for his opportunity at centre half
Yes agree don’t like John at left back at all.
Reason he played i think was to defend set pieces which Fleetwood are good at ( Danny Andrews )

Apart from set pieces which are DA‘s party piece James is a better full back than Andrews imo.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 01, 2020, 08:39:15 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe but it’s not a full backs job to be winning headers at set pieces. We have plenty of others for that.

James has been terrific this season and must be very pissed off

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 01, 2020, 08:48:23 pm by Lesonthewest »

It means what it says I reckon, his comments are in lucky pint. I also thought DM got the team selection wrong today. Can't see where James has done anything wrong to be dropped to the bench for starters. Man of the match on Tuesday for me.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 01, 2020, 08:50:23 pm by donnievic »
Maybe but it’s not a full backs job to be winning headers at set pieces. We have plenty of others for that.

i agree but I think he was thinking against set pieces where then it would be having a extra centre back in there for height

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 01, 2020, 08:50:51 pm by Graham Hirst »
Have to agree, when I saw team with John instead of James I cringed, James has been one of our better players and is a real threat going forward, plus a natural full back, DM dropped a boo boo with that decision, not for first time either

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 01, 2020, 08:53:09 pm by dickos1 »
Yeah I understand that but when it’s so detrimental on everything else a left back needs to be doing it ain’t worth it.
We don’t drop Halliday and play Anderson at right back do we?

I hope I’m wrong but it looks to me that John is guaranteed a starting spot.
James has to start on Tuesday

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 01, 2020, 08:53:39 pm by Campsall rover »

Sorry dickos, “it is not a full backs job to defend set pieces”  it is their job. It is everyone’s job in the penalty area to defend them.
John was probably selected because of his physicality and arial ability.
Not saying it was the right selection but just why i think he was selected.

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 01, 2020, 08:54:10 pm by Graham Hirst »
It's ok changing for set pieces but we then have an unbalanced team for rest of game, I'm a DM fan but he does over think our team selection and cost us points at times because of it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 01, 2020, 08:58:56 pm by dickos1 »

Sorry dickos, “it is not a full backs job to defend set pieces”  it is their job. It is everyone’s job in the penalty area to defend them.

Of course it is, but for me you don’t pick a full back on his ability in the air.
James gives us so much going forward, John gives us very little.

Think of all the best full backs that’s ever played the game, none of them were in the side for their Ariel ability.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 01, 2020, 09:05:17 pm by Campsall rover »
It's ok changing for set pieces but we then have an unbalanced team for rest of game, I'm a DM fan but he does over think our team selection and cost us points at times because of it
I tell you what we have a lot of amateur managers posting on this forum when we have lost a match.

Flipping easy picking a team sat in the stands or worse sat at home.

If we only had 11 to choose from it would be easy wouldn’t it? Now we have 20 to choose from which most on here were crying out for it’s not so easy is it.

Win some, draw some, lose some, that’s football.

We need to get over it. We lost, it’s gone let’s look ahead to the next one. Tranmere Tuesday eve.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 01, 2020, 09:11:58 pm by dickos1 »
I tell you what we have a lot of amateur managers posting on this forum when we have lost a match.

If we only had 11 to choose from it would be easy wouldn’t it? Now we have 20 to choose from which most on here were crying out for it’s not so easy is it.

We need to get over it. We lost, it’s gone let’s look ahead to the next one. Tranmere Tuesday eve.

The new signings have no impact whatsoever and who to play at left back

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 01, 2020, 09:13:00 pm by Campsall rover »

Of course it is, but for me you don’t pick a full back on his ability in the air.
James gives us so much going forward, John gives us very little.

Think of all the best full backs that’s ever played the game, none of them were in the side for their Ariel ability.
I would have preferred James at left back. No question. But DM had his reasons. Maybe James wasn’t 100% fit either. We don’t know do we.
Last week DM was a brilliant manager. Now we have lost he doesn’t know what he is doing. Lost the plot.

Every time we lose their is an inquest on this forum saying what should have been done.
So easy after the event isn’t it. Hindsight eh. It is a wonderful thing.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 01, 2020, 09:17:07 pm by Campsall rover »

The new signings have no impact whatsoever and who to play at left back
??? What.

Dickos I agreed with you. Just said why i think DM played John at left back. Not what i was expecting or wanting, but why.
Please please don’t turn this into another argument.  :facepalm:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 01, 2020, 09:25:10 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody is saying he’s a bad manager and nobody is saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing or he’s lost the plot.
You’re making a big thing out of it again.

All people are saying is it was a surprise that James was dropped, none of the other stuff you’re coming out with

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 01, 2020, 09:28:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Nobody is saying he’s a bad manager and nobody is saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing or he’s lost the plot.
You’re making a big thing out of it again.

All people are saying is it was a surprise that James was dropped, none of the other stuff you’re coming out with
I agree Dickos yes it was a surprise.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012