Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:23:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Did anyone...  (Read 7912 times)

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
Re: Did anyone...
« Reply #30 on February 01, 2020, 09:31:53 pm by Graham Hirst »
Isn't that what forums are for? Opinions, inquests, call it what you like but just because you disagree didn't mean I'm wrong. If you read my post correctly you would notice I said I'm a DM fan, I'm not slating  him I saying he's dropped James for John on a few occasions and a couple of those occasions we've dropped points and John has had a mare at left back, fact

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 01, 2020, 09:32:24 pm by StocksArmy »
My comments are in lucky pint. Todays loss lies with DM im afraid.
What’s that supposed to mean? Explanation please.

Just thought from pre season upto now everybody involved with DRFC has known what we have lacked. I kind of got the dropping of James for a physicality aspect and had no worries with that when I saw the line up. As previously posted the Joey Barton tactics ie niggly fouls etc.... thats a given so why didnt we expect that? (If we did we most certainly didnt show it) My major problem with selection was... IF Fejiri is DM's number 9 he has craved for all season long then why on earth is he on the bench? Even if not fit to play 90 you still play him IMO. Bartons tactics plus weather conditions means you play your man who can hold onto the ball. Surely to god? There were talks of learning DMs systems and how we play etc before the game and i just think a number 9 is there to A) Take pressure off the defenders and B) Get into positions to score goals. As much as we like Ennis's work rate what did we really expect from him in gale force winds? When has he showed this season where he has the attributes to do that? If DM or anybody reading this thinks he can then why have we just signed 3 forwards? As I said in the lucky pint without sounding like im flying off the handle todays game just felt like we hung a few players out to dry and it was used as an excuse to drop some of them to get the new guys in. I dont know I obviously dont get paid for this but football is so much overthought sometimes and I think this is down to the manager today. Feel like that was 3pts thrown away rather than lost. Onto Tuesday.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:36:03 pm by StocksArmy »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 01, 2020, 09:33:22 pm by Pancho Regan »
Can’t argue with any of that, the only other thing is not sure why we needed 3 defensive midfielder with both bens and Gomes, seemed to be very little attacking options
James would of been better as a attacking option

would HAVE been better

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 01, 2020, 09:41:22 pm by StocksArmy »
Isn't that what forums are for? Opinions, inquests, call it what you like but just because you disagree didn't mean I'm wrong. If you read my post correctly you would notice I said I'm a DM fan, I'm not slating  him I saying he's dropped James for John on a few occasions and a couple of those occasions we've dropped points and John has had a mare at left back, fact

For what it is worth I am with you on this. I am not a John fan. Fantastic athelete but James is by far the better player.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:57:07 pm by StocksArmy »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 01, 2020, 09:59:35 pm by Pancho Regan »
Maybe but it’s not a full backs job to be winning headers at set pieces. We have plenty of others for that.

James has been terrific this season and must be very pissed off
Sorry dickos, “it is not a full backs job to defend set pieces”  it is their job. It is everyone’s job in the penalty area to defend them.
John was probably selected because of his physicality and arial ability.
Not saying it was the right selection but just why i think he was selected.

Of course it is, but for me you don’t pick a full back on his ability in the air.
James gives us so much going forward, John gives us very little.

Think of all the best full backs that’s ever played the game, none of them were in the side for their Ariel ability.
I would have preferred James at left back. No question. But DM had his reasons. Maybe James wasn’t 100% fit either. We don’t know do we.
Last week DM was a brilliant manager. Now we have lost he doesn’t know what he is doing. Lost the plot.

Every time we lose their is an inquest on this forum saying what should have been done.
So easy after the event isn’t it. Hindsight eh. It is a wonderful thing.

You seem to have a problem with supporters offering critical opinions on our performances or on DM’s decision making.
I’m afraid we are not 100% perfect as a team and it is just possible that Darren Moore is not infallible.

This forum is for fans to throw in their thoughts and reactions, sometimes raw and sometimes in the heat of the moment, in the aftermath of a defeat.

I think you need to accept that and let people have their say, without you resorting to criticising them.

I’m not one of the negative posters and I’ve never criticised the Club or the Board, but I reserve the right to criticise the performance and DM’s tactics.

Today he got it wrong with his team selection and with his decisions during the game in my opinion.
I voiced my doubts as soon as I saw the team selection in the bar before the kick-off, so please don’t say I’m being wise ‘after the event’ as you put it.

Reece James could justifiably be disappointed at losing his place to Cameron John. What does a player have to do to keep his place? James has been brilliant at left back in recent games.
I said all this before the game, and my doubts were justified by Cameron John’s poor performance at left back.

Furthermore, DM selected a line-up that was too defensive in my opinion, and he took too long to make changes during the game.
That cost us today.

That’s not heresy Campsall, it’s just me giving my opinion.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:02:29 pm by Pancho Regan »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 01, 2020, 10:06:31 pm by StocksArmy »
Maybe but it’s not a full backs job to be winning headers at set pieces. We have plenty of others for that.

James has been terrific this season and must be very pissed off
Sorry dickos, “it is not a full backs job to defend set pieces”  it is their job. It is everyone’s job in the penalty area to defend them.
John was probably selected because of his physicality and arial ability.
Not saying it was the right selection but just why i think he was selected.

Of course it is, but for me you don’t pick a full back on his ability in the air.
James gives us so much going forward, John gives us very little.

Think of all the best full backs that’s ever played the game, none of them were in the side for their Ariel ability.
I would have preferred James at left back. No question. But DM had his reasons. Maybe James wasn’t 100% fit either. We don’t know do we.
Last week DM was a brilliant manager. Now we have lost he doesn’t know what he is doing. Lost the plot.

Every time we lose their is an inquest on this forum saying what should have been done.
So easy after the event isn’t it. Hindsight eh. It is a wonderful thing.

You seem to have a problem with supporters offering critical opinions on our performances or on DM’s decision making.
I’m afraid we are not 100% perfect as a team and it is just possible that Darren Moore is not infallible.

This forum is for fans to throw in their thoughts and reactions, sometimes raw and sometimes in the heat of the moment, in the aftermath of a defeat.

I think you need to accept that and let people have their say, without you resorting to criticising them.

I’m not one of the negative posters and I’ve never criticised the Club or the Board, but I reserve the right to criticise the performance and DM’s tactics.

Today he got it wrong with his team selection and with his decisions during the game in my opinion.
I voiced my doubts as soon as I saw the team selection in the bar before the kick-off, so please don’t say I’m being wise ‘after the event’ as you put it.

Reece James could justifiably be disappointed at losing his place to Cameron John. What does a player have to do to keep his place? James has been brilliant at left back in recent games.
I said all this before the game, and my doubts were justified by Cameron John’s poor performance at left back.

Furthermore, DM selected a line-up that was too defensive in my opinion, and he took too long to make changes during the game.
That cost us today.

That’s not heresy Campsall, it’s just me giving my opinion.

Absolutely spot on.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 01, 2020, 10:21:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Yes I went and it was utter garbage. Good day out ruined by 90 mins.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 01, 2020, 10:25:23 pm by dickos1 »
Imagine the furore on here if Ferguson had done that.
“Square pegs in round holes etc etc”
Moore does it and its tactics

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 01, 2020, 10:46:22 pm by vaya »

Time to move on, Darren.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 01, 2020, 10:49:43 pm by dickos1 »
Aye
Not doing too bad now is he?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 01, 2020, 10:55:26 pm by vaya »
Aye
Not doing too bad now is he?

No longer Rovers manager. Totally irrelevant what he does.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 01, 2020, 11:08:12 pm by dickos1 »
I agree
And I posted the same point not long ago but got told of course we should be interested in an ex manager and take pleasure in him struggling.

There are posts galore about him when they’re struggling.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 01, 2020, 11:10:24 pm by vaya »
I agree
And I posted the same point not long ago but got told of course we should be interested in an ex manager and take pleasure in him struggling.

There are posts galore about him when they’re struggling.

Then take the moral high ground and don't bring him up in threads.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 01, 2020, 11:41:06 pm by dickos1 »
It was more a point how some find it inconceivable to criticise Moore.
Where other managers have been criticised by the same people for doing the same thing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 02, 2020, 12:04:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »

You don't need to imagine it. He did it pretty much every week.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 02, 2020, 12:22:02 am by dickos1 »
If you say so

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 02, 2020, 12:25:15 am by NewDonny »
Reece James left out for tactical reasons today following his excellent performance down the left last Tuesday, nothing more or less than that. Suspect we might not see him back at LB until the home game on Saturday against Rochdale.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 02, 2020, 08:05:50 am by sha66y »
It's ok changing for set pieces but we then have an unbalanced team for rest of game, I'm a DM fan but he does over think our team selection and cost us points at times because of it
I tell you what we have a lot of amateur managers posting on this forum when we have lost a match.

Flipping easy picking a team sat in the stands or worse sat at home.

If we only had 11 to choose from it would be easy wouldn’t it? Now we have 20 to choose from which most on here were crying out for it’s not so easy is it.

Win some, draw some, lose some, that’s football.

We need to get over it. We lost, it’s gone let’s look ahead to the next one. Tranmere Tuesday eve.

Campsall....you are wrong and you are a bit too liberal to say it..

DM got it wrong again, he did the same at home to Sunderland and it didn’t work, dropping James for John and Copps for Gomez !

9 out of 10 fans would write the 11 players they see as the balanced first team ( additions to be inserted but not yet) ..... that’s about 6000 armchair managers getting it right...

Yes we have to move on to the next game, but we have to learn from these unnecessary tactical tweaks that are costing us points

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 02, 2020, 08:31:21 am by Barmby Rover »
It's ok changing for set pieces but we then have an unbalanced team for rest of game, I'm a DM fan but he does over think our team selection and cost us points at times because of it
I tell you what we have a lot of amateur managers posting on this forum when we have lost a match.

If we only had 11 to choose from it would be easy wouldn’t it? Now we have 20 to choose from which most on here were crying out for it’s not so easy is it.

We need to get over it. We lost, it’s gone let’s look ahead to the next one. Tranmere Tuesday eve.

DM got it wrong again, he did the same at home to Sunderland and it didn’t work, dropping James for John and Copps for Gomez !

9 out of 10 fans would write the 11 players they see as the balanced first team ( additions to be inserted but not yet) ..... that’s about 6000 armchair managers getting it right...

Yes we have to move on to the next game, but we have to learn from these unnecessary tactical tweaks that are costing us points
Unnecessary tactical tweaks are what managers are paid for, the choice of John has not been a bad one in that position in other matches this season? Why is it such a heinous crime yesterday? It is not surprising that Fleetwood beat us in awkward conditions at their place, they train in it regularly, our players have to adapt quickly. DM was disappointed with the defence of two set pieces, but didn't specify if it was John's fault, or Dieng's, or anybody else. To be fair to DM he came closer to dominating Fleetwood than the last few managers here have been. We will not get the same results in up-coming games I am sure. The new strikers/wingers will integrate into the team over the next couple of weeks and hopefully they will improve the squad and make Rovers a much more difficult proposition for opposing managers to predict. On wards and up wards as they say!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 02, 2020, 08:37:01 am by donnievic »
Personally I think he got the copps one right and understand why he did the James/John switch which looking back on the way we went forward it could be said didn’t work

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 02, 2020, 08:41:15 am by sha66y »

Unnecessary tactical tweaks are what managers are paid for, the choice of John has not been a bad one in that position in other matches this season? Why is it such a heinous crime yesterday? It is not surprising that Fleetwood beat us in awkward conditions at their place, they train in it regularly, our players have to adapt quickly. DM was disappointed with the defence of two set pieces, but didn't specify if it was John's fault, or Dieng's, or anybody else. To be fair to DM he came closer to dominating Fleetwood than the last few managers here have been. We will not get the same results in up-coming games I am sure. The new strikers/wingers will integrate into the team over the next couple of weeks and hopefully they will improve the squad and make Rovers a much more difficult proposition for opposing managers to predict. On wards and up wards as they say!

Do you care to name the previous games were both James and Copps have been successfully dropped and replaced by John and Gomez?

Sunderland at home springs to mind ... but we lost that one too, and looked unbalanced

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 02, 2020, 08:58:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
Gomes*

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 02, 2020, 08:59:52 am by Campsall rover »
Look let’s make this clear once and for all.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Full Stop.
I am just trying to make the point that it is easy for us to criticise after the event.
If we had won the James/John at left back would barely have been mentioned.

I agree with everyone that James was a surprise omission yesterday and think as others have said would have given us a better attacking threat,

DM must have had a very good reason for playing the team he did. Not saying he was right as from where i was sat it looked like the wrong decision.
But the point is we don’t know the full circumstances of his decision. James may have had a knock in training and did not want to risk him especially as games are now Sat/Tues every week.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 02, 2020, 09:07:41 am by sha66y »
That’s the opposite of “ clear , once and for all”

We fans will debate the great we see, and the decisions we deem are poor, in our opinion...

This doesn’t mean we aim to dissuade the manager from doing it again, but it does give an indicator as to what may have gone wrong....and gives the fan something to ponder ( sometimes aggressively) ..rather than just saying 5-6 didn’t turn up today...

Because those 5-6 may have had blinders if the team hadn’t been tweaked

Butterfly effect lol

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 02, 2020, 09:17:39 am by i_ateallthepies »
I went expecting that DM wouldn't start any of the new signings so wasn't surprised at that and think it was probably the right decision.  I did half expect though that he might try the same system he used away at Sunderland to very good effect against a much better team and play both John and James.  He didn't do that either.

In the end, I'm not sure team selection (or the conditions) were the problem.  Almost to a man, the team were't 'at it'.  Fleetwood harried us incessantly and forced errors with the result that most second balls fell to their players.  On the very rare occasions that we did it to them they were forced into errors and lost possession to us.  We just didn't do enough of it and looked less than bothered.

I agree with the point already made though that the Barton spoiling tactics were at play and that we should have been ready for it but evidently weren't.  Oh, and the ref was shyte, falling for it every damned time and doing nothing about it.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 02, 2020, 09:34:33 am by graingrover »
The positives were Ennis adding another goal to his relentless work up front and Gomes again industrious and neat in his distribution m
The conditions were so blustery that our natural passing game was inhibited as misplaced passes were seized upon and booted up field by a Fleetwood side used toi playing in  a wind tunnel .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 02, 2020, 09:35:25 am by Donnywolf »

Almost to a man, the team weren't 'at it'.  Fleetwood harried us incessantly and forced errors with the result that most second balls fell to their players. 

On the very rare occasions that we did it to them they were forced into errors and lost possession to us.  We just didn't do enough of it and looked less than bothered.

I agree with the point already made though that the Barton spoiling tactics were at play and that we should have been ready for it but evidently weren't.  Oh, and the ref was shyte, falling for it every damned time and doing nothing about it.
:that: 100 % THAT

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 02, 2020, 09:41:48 am by Campsall rover »
That’s the opposite of “ clear , once and for all”

We fans will debate the great we see, and the decisions we deem are poor, in our opinion...

This doesn’t mean we aim to dissuade the manager from doing it again, but it does give an indicator as to what may have gone wrong....and gives the fan something to ponder ( sometimes aggressively) ..rather than just saying 5-6 didn’t turn up today...

Because those 5-6 may have had blinders if the team hadn’t been tweaked

Butterfly effect lol
Opposite of “clear, once and for all“  Get a grip man & and stop trying to be clever. You must have gone to a better school than me then.
My sincere apologies.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 09:57:09 am by Campsall rover »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 02, 2020, 09:54:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I wasn't at the game yesterday so difficult to comment but there's one thing for sure, irrespective of the tactical selections, there's no excuse for the players not to be at it!

As a group, they've got a fantastic opportunity to do something special this season and need to grasp it. Going through the motions won't win enough matches.

I really hope that shows on Tuesday, when again conditions won't be great. They've got to really roll their sleeves up and try to dominate the opposition from the off.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 02, 2020, 10:02:38 am by Campsall rover »
I wasn't at the game yesterday so difficult to comment but there's one thing for sure, irrespective of the tactical selections, there's no excuse for the players not to be at it!

As a group, they've got a fantastic opportunity to do something special this season and need to grasp it. Going through the motions won't win enough matches.

I really hope that shows on Tuesday, when again conditions won't be great. They've got to really roll their sleeves up and try to dominate the opposition from the off.
I disagree that “we weren’t at it”  DBR.
The effort was there it was just the execution that was not.

As usual over reactions to a defeat as always. No we weren’t at our best not by a long way but football has fine margins between winning and losing and that was the case yesterday.
We also got no help from the ref who allowed Fleetwood to completely get away with their horrible spoiling tactics.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 02:24:30 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012