Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:40:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tranmere Tuesday  (Read 4932 times)

eastender

• VSC Member
Tranmere Tuesday
« on February 02, 2020, 11:49:09 am by eastender »
Not looking good  :(  This is today

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Tranmere Tuesday
« Reply #1 on February 02, 2020, 12:00:38 pm by bpoolrover »
Don’t think there is any rain forecast from tonight till Tuesday

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 02, 2020, 12:01:36 pm by since-1969 »
Clubs should have points deducted for this . Other clubs invest in taking care of their pitches , it is a fundamental part of the game and it should not be allowed to be neglected or poorly maintained. How much allowance will a referee give when tackles are causing injuries due to players unable to mobilise on what could be quagmire!!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 02, 2020, 12:21:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Our pitch turned into a sandpit halfway through the season for several years until we last had it relayed, would you think a points deduction fair for us then?

Their drainage system has broken I believe, it needs a proper fix over the summer. Money is very tight for clubs at this level when it comes to such problems, hopefully their FA Cup run will allow them to fix it.

Also, it was noticeable watching last Tuesday's game that our pitch was getting cut up more. Take it the Dons season has started?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 02, 2020, 02:32:58 pm by BigH »
Clubs should have points deducted for this . Other clubs invest in taking care of their pitches , it is a fundamental part of the game and it should not be allowed to be neglected or poorly maintained. How much allowance will a referee give when tackles are causing injuries due to players unable to mobilise on what could be quagmire!!
I take it you didn't watch much football in the 60s and 70s then.

Tranmere have held their hands up and admitted it's not good enough by modern standards and that they need the summer to relay it.

Unfortunately, Anfield's already booked that night so there's no chance of hiring an alternative.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 02, 2020, 02:44:44 pm by Draytonian III »
Liverpool’s WPL match has been postponed their today

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 02, 2020, 03:13:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Liverpool’s WPL match has been postponed their today
Good. Should be in better condition for us without a game on it today.

Just don’t put the sprinklers on please. Or we will be knee deep in mud. That’s if it doesn’t rain.
If it does rain i am bringing my dinghy & arm bands.  :unsure:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 02, 2020, 03:22:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Our pitch turned into a sandpit halfway through the season for several years until we last had it relayed, would you think a points deduction fair for us then?

Their drainage system has broken I believe, it needs a proper fix over the summer. Money is very tight for clubs at this level when it comes to such problems, hopefully their FA Cup run will allow them to fix it.

Also, it was noticeable watching last Tuesday's game that our pitch was getting cut up more. Take it the Dons season has started?
Mark Palios their chairman was interviewed on BBC radio last week and he said a complete new drainage system will be put in this summer.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 02, 2020, 03:25:28 pm by since-1969 »

Tranmere have held their hands up and admitted it's not good enough by modern standards and that they need the summer to relay it.

Unfortunately, Anfield's already booked that night so there's no chance of hiring an alternative.
This 2020 not 1970 and football is worth £ billions  not pennies it was then . Players need insurance just to walk the dog these days or play with the kids in the park so it shouldn’t be much to a ask for grass on a pitch.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 02, 2020, 03:27:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This 2020 not 1970 and football is worth £ billions  not pennies it was then . Players need insurance just to walk the dog these days or play with the kids in the park so it shouldn’t be much to a ask for grass on a pitch.

You're correct in a way. The top level is worth billions. League One? Not so much.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 02, 2020, 04:28:17 pm by since-1969 »
Health and safety of players should come first not profits or points .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 02, 2020, 04:51:05 pm by Campsall rover »
Go and lend them the money.
We are talking about a club who were in the National League 2 years ago.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 02, 2020, 04:53:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Title of this thread sounds like Half Man Half Biscuit doing a Bangles cover.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 02, 2020, 04:56:43 pm by the vicar »
Went Saturday but they can keep this game with the corona virus people being kept at the wirral

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 02, 2020, 06:25:26 pm by drfchound »

Ooooh RA.
You might get some stick for that last sentence.
Apparently the rugby doesn’t have a bad effect on the pitch.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 02, 2020, 06:33:55 pm by NewDonny »

DM was not happy with the state of the pitch last Tuesday after the Dons had played on it on the Sunday before.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 02, 2020, 07:13:54 pm by Campsall rover »
Any one who says Rugby does not have an affect on the pitch needs to go to the optician. (Not going to do an advertising campaign for you know who)

Every football pitch in the country suffers after a Rugby match.
I seriously don’t understand anyone making a case for its defence.
Others may disagree with me but where is the evidence for the defence.
You can see the difference in the way the ball runs and the number of touches required to control it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:11:51 pm by Campsall rover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2020, 08:08:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Still don't get why they don't just play on atheltics pitch. It can accommodate all 200 home fans

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2020, 09:43:58 pm by northerncasual »
Unfortunately the council were never going to build a stadium just for the Rovers , which is why we share the stadium with the Dons . No Dons No new stadium

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2020, 09:57:42 pm by Retdon1 »
Any one who says Rugby does not have an affect on the pitch needs to go to the optician. (Not going to do an advertising campaign for you know who)

You can see the difference in the way the ball runs and the number of touches required to control it.

This argument has been had numerous times over the years but it has been proven that rugby league doesn’t not do any more damage to a pitch than football.... rugby union yes I would agree with you but rugby league doesn’t

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2020, 10:00:00 pm by Retdon1 »
Still don't get why they don't just play on atheltics pitch. It can accommodate all 200 home fans

They actually get between 600-1000 fans per game. The athletics stadium isn’t fit to host any sport as the pitch is a total mess and would require a lot of money to sort it. Most Dons fans would prefer to play at Castle Park but due to the club Doncaster link up, that will never be possible.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2020, 11:35:35 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Mmm...echoes of the administrators at Bolton Wanderers?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 03, 2020, 01:23:55 am by swintonrover »
Go and lend them the money.
We are talking about a club who were in the National League 2 years ago.

They've specifically said that the money isn't the problem, the drainage system collapsed and its something that is impossible to rectify mid-season, as it needs the time for the whole system to be ripped out and start again. They're redoing it all during the summer.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 03, 2020, 09:40:52 am by the vicar »

te does yes but only rugby union, rugby league makes not one bit

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 03, 2020, 10:22:23 am by Rovers91 »

Where is the evidence to back your claim up?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 03, 2020, 10:34:32 am by deebee »
When the pitch is waterlogged it,s easier to bring the sub's on.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 03, 2020, 10:55:45 am by Donnywolf »
Could bring 3 on without taking any off. Or would that be classed as conning the Ref  ?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 03, 2020, 10:58:24 am by idler »
Could bring 3 on without taking any off. Or would that be classed as conning the Ref  ?
I'd torpedo that idea.😳

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 03, 2020, 11:06:13 am by Barmby Rover »

When I were a lad you could buy a pint for 2/6d Pennies bought you something in those days!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 03, 2020, 05:33:58 pm by the vicar »
Quote from: NewDonny Well hlink=topic=276033.msg946028#msg946028 date=1580668435

DM was not happy with the state of the pitch last Tuesday after the Dons had played on it on the Sunday before.
well he has got to get over it as it is a joint stadium

TinyPortal © 2005-2012