Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 11:09:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Not sure who was supposed to be at home!  (Read 4124 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Not sure who was supposed to be at home!
« on February 08, 2020, 05:35:49 pm by sha66y »
That was utter garbage, and I ain’t looking for excuses .....it just was what it was...

1-0 up in a minute ....and Rochdale didn’t even batter an eye lid, they just tore us apart , wave after wave of battlers battling hard....

And we had ...? ..............answers on a postcard please!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

firestarter

• Forum Member
Re: Not sure who was supposed to be at home!
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2020, 05:47:56 pm by firestarter »
Agreed.. we have no battlers . Especially in midfield ..

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2020, 05:54:43 pm by The Beast »
I hardly think they tore us apart. Dieng didn’t have a lot to do, defensive lapse for their goal. We were fragmented, think the early goal gave us a false sense of security. Think we shaded the second half. Let’s make sure we give Bolton  a good seeing to!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2020, 05:58:56 pm by sha66y »
I hardly think they tore us apart. Dieng didn’t have a lot to do, defensive lapse for their goal. We were fragmented, think the early goal gave us a false sense of security. Think we shaded the second half. Let’s make sure we give Bolton  a good seeing to!

And that’s where mental strength is needed.......

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2020, 06:04:07 pm by dknward2 »
Wasn't a defense lapse for there goal just nobody willing to tackle the player with the ball

The game should have been put to bed long before no one willing to have a shot apart from sadlier

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2020, 06:49:14 pm by 5 on Tour »
Cole didn’t look threatening all game. Ennis looked more of a threat from the left wing than Cole did up front. That miss was bad and will not help his confidence. Fingers crossed it’s just him settling down and getting used to us.

Can someone tell me what Whiteman did this afternoon? Poor passing. Bad positioning. The formation change has not helped him at all. Those runs towards the edge of the box are now being done by Gomes but he’s a few yards behind where Whiteman would be. Rathbone would not have got through like that with Sheaf on the pitch.

Generally our crossing was shite. Utter utter shite. All day from everyone. I know it’s a bit windier than normal but it was shocking.

But worst performance of the day goes to the ref. It was a penalty all day long, throws given the wrong way, free kicks given for nothing and then missed for something.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2020, 06:52:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It wasn't a bad miss from Cole. The ball rebounded off the bar and fell behind him. He managed to twist his leg round and get something of his heel on the ball. He did very well to make as clean a contact as he did.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2020, 06:59:51 pm by Pliskin »
I felt sorry for Cole up front. Even Aguero would have found it difficult playing in our team today.

The service into the striker was dreadful and supporting runners non-existent. Our build up play was too slow and ponderous, their defenders always getting back into position before we'd put the ball in / through.

Seriously disappointing against a Rochdale team with the 3rd worst away goals conceded in the division. There is no way we're going to go on the sort of run we need if we can't put these teams away.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2020, 07:04:49 pm by 5 on Tour »
It wasn't a bad miss from Cole. The ball rebounded off the bar and fell behind him. He managed to twist his leg round and get something of his heel on the ball. He did very well to make as clean a contact as he did.

Maybe from a different angle it looked different. From where I was it looked like he wasn’t in the right position/body shape to put it in. If the highlights show different then I take it back.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2020, 07:26:06 pm by drfchound »
I felt sorry for Cole up front. Even Aguero would have found it difficult playing in our team today.

The service into the striker was dreadful and supporting runners non-existent. Our build up play was too slow and ponderous, their defenders always getting back into position before we'd put the ball in / through.

Seriously disappointing against a Rochdale team with the 3rd worst away goals conceded in the division. There is no way we're going to go on the sort of run we need if we can't put these teams away.

Aguero would have moved more in the first fifteen minutes than Cole did in his time on the pitch.
He was very static today, not showing for the ball much at all.
I’m not surprised he didn’t receive it much.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2020, 07:34:09 pm by vaya »

Maybe from a different angle it looked different. From where I was it looked like he wasn’t in the right position/body shape to put it in. If the highlights show different then I take it back.

With a similar caveat about seeing it again on the highlights, from where I was it looked pretty much as BST has described it. Cole did well to get anything on it at all.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2020, 07:43:29 pm by Campsall rover »
Rochdale played a lot of pretty football but 70% was in their own half.
Apart from the goal they were awful in the last 3rd of the pitch.
Deing never had a serious save to make.

To say they tore us apart is not how I saw it at all.

Peterborough had 35% possession today and won 4-0
The only stat that counts is the score line.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 08, 2020, 07:52:57 pm by firestarter »
Let’s face it Campsall we were awful in all 3rds

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2020, 08:04:14 pm by godlike1 »

You won't get mental strength in out team

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 08, 2020, 08:05:43 pm by Campsall rover »
And if the goal line clearances had gone in and or we had got and scored that penalty and we had won 2-1 or 3-1 which on another day we would have done you would not have posted that would you.

Football has a very fine line between success and failure in many matches and although we didn’t play well if we had won no one would have cared a jot and most wouldn’t have even noticed we were below par.

Goals win matches. We only scored 1 and that’s cost us. As poor as we may have played we could have had 3/4 with a rub of the green.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2020, 08:09:06 pm by since-1969 »
Why is it we just can’t admit that they deserved  a draw. They had 89 mins to get it in . If had lost I doubt we could be more negative.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2020, 08:13:47 pm by firestarter »
If Buts and Maybes don’t win matches tho... the facts speak for themselves .. they were hungrier .. better in possession and more organised than us

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 08, 2020, 08:18:45 pm by Campsall rover »
If Buts and Maybes don’t win matches tho... the facts speak for themselves .. they were hungrier .. better in possession and more organised than us
No they don’t goals win matches.

No good having 70% possession looking great and losing is it, as Oxford did.

If we had put the ball in the net once more today none of this conversation would be taking place.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 08, 2020, 08:24:46 pm by firestarter »
Totally agree mate.. so just admit we were poor as the majority seem to think . All I’m saying is that we were poor .. all being well it will be addressed and we give Bolton a footballing lesson

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 08, 2020, 08:26:24 pm by drfchound »
And if the goal line clearances had gone in and or we had got and scored that penalty and we had won 2-1 or 3-1 which on another day we would have done you would not have posted that would you.

Football has a very fine line between success and failure in many matches and although we didn’t play well if we had won no one would have cared a jot and most wouldn’t have even noticed we were below par.

Goals win matches. We only scored 1 and that’s cost us. As poor as we may have played we could have had 3/4 with a rub of the green.

Even if we had won I think it is fair to say that our poor performance overall today would have been discussed.
If we are to compete for a play off place we have to be much better than we were today.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 08, 2020, 08:26:40 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Wasn't a defense lapse for there goal just nobody willing to tackle the player with the ball

The game should have been put to bed long before no one willing to have a shot apart from sadlier

It was schoolboy defending for their goal.
As soon as the scorer received the pass (nice pass- fair enough) I was screaming 'close him down, close him down' and both Anderson and Wright stood and watched him run 15 yards with the ball towards the box and get a shot away without getting even close to him. He hit it well, but that was as poor as a piece of defending as I've seen from us for a while.

They hardly looked like scoring apart from that. Ok, the effort that hit the bar in the first half. But whichever way you look at it, it was a very big defensive lapse

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 08, 2020, 08:36:40 pm by ravenrover »
Try as I might I couldn't work out what Ramsay gave to the team today

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 08, 2020, 08:40:10 pm by PDX_Rover »

You won't get mental strength in out team

Well that’s an absurd statement.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 08, 2020, 08:50:58 pm by NewDonny »

Wow what a place this is, no shades of grey on here its black or white lol. We were disappointing today, NOT AWFUl like some are saying, we didn't get into them, we sat off them and that is down to the manager, not the players. Too many stray passes, mostly by the more established players than anyone and quite frankly I domino understand why we let them settle in their first third like we did.

But it's a point, we have moved unto 8th, admittedly its also 2 points lost but no ones died and we didn't lose and we go again on Tuesday.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 08, 2020, 10:20:03 pm by roversdude »
Sometimes you have a bad day, today was such an occasion.
Sometimes the other team are better on the day, again today was such an occasion.
We are still work in progress and will learn from today

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 08, 2020, 10:51:07 pm by dickos1 »

It was schoolboy defending for their goal.
As soon as the scorer received the pass (nice pass- fair enough) I was screaming 'close him down, close him down' and both Anderson and Wright stood and watched him run 15 yards with the ball towards the box and get a shot away without getting even close to him. He hit it well, but that was as poor as a piece of defending as I've seen from us for a while.

They hardly looked like scoring apart from that. Ok, the effort that hit the bar in the first half. But whichever way you look at it, it was a very big defensive lapse

If Anderson or Wright had run the 10 yard to close him down he would’ve just slipped in the player that one of those two had left behind.
It was down to the midfield to break their necks to get back but gomes was just jogging

Danensian

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 08, 2020, 11:06:17 pm by Danensian »
We were too negative and defensive.  If we had pressed on from that first goal they would probably have crumbled.  But we backed off and let them into the game.  I am concerned that we have reverted to endless passing across the backline looking for the magic ball to a striker.  We had 2 wingers on pitch and should have worked the ball to them more to open up the defence.  Strikers prosper much better with the ball coming to them from the sides rather than behind.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:17:01 pm by Danensian »

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 08, 2020, 11:23:50 pm by JonWallsend »
We didn't play well but still created the best opportunities and should have won the game. Sadler post in first half, Taylor one on one in first half, Sadlier deflection onto inside of post, keeper juggling it and Coles subsequent failure to get it over the line at the start of the second half. Another goalmouth scramble in second half when James got to the dead ball line and cut it back.

They had a header that was never going in,and hit top of bar, and a cut back that they fired over in first half and I can't recall anything other than the goal in second half.

Dieng looked uncharacteristically  shaky and misjudged, or dropped, at least 3 crosses. The pitch was very lively and made first time passing very difficult.  We lost nearly every second ball and were out worked in midfield. We also had a penalty turned down that you get probably 7 out of 10 times minimum.

It was a result that you could see coming with 20 left, probably fair, but we could easily have won it 2 or 3 nil

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 09, 2020, 07:27:01 am by graingrover »
I think we need to give Rochdale more credit for their performance and indeed for their away record .We are still in the mix despite the fans’ poor resistance to stress .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 09, 2020, 07:36:36 am by Donnywolf »
Rochdale played a lot of pretty football but 70% was in their own half.
Apart from the goal they were awful in the last 3rd of the pitch.
Deing never had a serious save to make.

To say they tore us apart is not how I saw it at all.

Peterborough had 35% possession today and won 4-0
The only stat that counts is the score line.

Agree with most of that but Dieng DID have a serious save to make and didnt

TinyPortal © 2005-2012