Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:26:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bad as that was...  (Read 3900 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Bad as that was...
« on February 08, 2020, 06:01:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...and it WAS bad, how in the name of God did the officials miss that penalty in injury time?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Bad as that was...
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2020, 06:06:33 pm by drfchound »
Blatant pen, the defender saw that Brad was going to get to the through ball before him and dragged him down.
I just don’t get it, why refs are reluctant to give a pen in a situation like that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:10:40 pm by drfchound »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2020, 06:08:44 pm by vaya »
Blatant pen, the defender saw that Brad was going to get to the through ball before him and dragged him down.
I jus5 don’t get it, why refs are reluctant to give a pen in a situation like that.

Agreed. A penalty all day long. Handful of his shirt and spun him round.
The Lino missed a couple of offsides in the first half as well.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2020, 06:09:40 pm by firestarter »
I was watching Ifollow with Rochdales commentary and even they couldn’t believe it wasn’t given

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2020, 06:11:22 pm by the vicar »
It's unusual for a ref to give a penalty deep in injury time

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2020, 06:13:50 pm by drfchound »
But why should it be.
They are there to officiate and make sure the laws of the game are adhered to.
First minute or last minute, if it is a pen it should be awarded.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2020, 06:21:44 pm by POD »
I thought that it was just outside the box, but haven’t seen the replay yet.   Definitely a foul and the linesman couldn’t have been better placed. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2020, 06:22:32 pm by drfchound »
Definitely inside the box.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2020, 06:23:14 pm by PDX_Rover »
Clearest penalty I’ve seen for a while. It doesn’t matter if it’s the first minute or the 91st minute. That cost us two points. Not that we deserved it but that could prove vital.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2020, 06:39:44 pm by Bezza »
We're was VAR when you want it.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2020, 06:56:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Clear penalty for me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2020, 07:06:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Funny how he chose to give Wright a yellow card for doing nothing by just guessing and yet chose not to see a blatant pullback, along with the assistant, that's just as appalling as our overall performance.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 08, 2020, 07:17:39 pm by stuey »
Probably the worst refereeing decision I've ever witnessed live. Unbelievable that it wasn't given

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 08, 2020, 07:20:24 pm by Campsall rover »
...and it WAS bad, how in the name of God did the officials miss that penalty in injury time?
A disgrace. It was bang in front of the linesman ( assistant ref ) calling him that is a joke. What was he looking at if he didn’t see it?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 08, 2020, 07:23:11 pm by Campsall rover »

What Vicar. It shouldn’t make any difference. If the game lasts 95 mins then the rules are not different in the last 5 mins. Or have I missed something?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2020, 07:24:28 pm by adamtherover »
.... at least the shites are throwing away their nailed on promotion!!!!!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2020, 07:59:32 pm by Campsall rover »
.... at least the shites are throwing away their nailed on promotion!!!!!!
What’s that got to do with Rovers?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:20:33 pm by Campsall rover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 08, 2020, 08:43:03 pm by ravenrover »
After holding Brad the defender then grabbed a handfull of shirt, no obstruction in the linos sight, terrible decision

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 08, 2020, 08:49:59 pm by IDM »

Rubbish.. the timing is irrelevant..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 08, 2020, 10:11:33 pm by Filo »

To counter that argument Brentford!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 09, 2020, 07:50:39 am by Donnywolf »
If Referees are NOT going to give Penalties out whether they come in the first 15 seconds - deep into injury time - or for other discretionary reasons **** then the cheats will win out and we may as well pack the game in

Yesterday was a blatant Penalty all day long and potentially could have made a dull 1-1 draw into a win if it had been given and of course scored. It could and would have impacted on the result, the Table, the Teams confidence and indeed the other Teams confidence and yet thay cheated and got away with it and its in the record books forever

We talk (still) about Lewis Donk and Charlton which may or may not have affected the rest of our Season(s) and this could do just that - though its a long Season and they always talk about "what goes around comes around" but yesterday we had the chance for something to come around

*** By discretionary I am drawn back to the JPT Final and with us 2-0 up in mega quick time we had a Penalty shout a few minutes later. I am convinced the Ref turned it down so it might not go to 3-0 in the first 12 ish Minutes and of course if it WAS a Pen it should have been given.

Wonder what he might have felt if it went back to 2-2 and then they got the Extra Time goal

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 09, 2020, 09:33:53 am by Colin C No.3 »
A poor referee...again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 09, 2020, 09:41:24 am by Campsall rover »
A poor referee...again.
The ref may not have seen it ( don’t know from his angle ) but the assistant must of done unless he was thinking about what he was having for his tea  :headbang:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 09, 2020, 10:15:34 am by Donnywolf »
On Rate the Ref there is a suggestion Mr Hair is one of those Refs who tells the Linos to stick to the basics like throws Corners etc and leave the "serious" stuff to him

If that is true it is a very flawed decision and cheats us a s Fans The Team the Club and every other Team in the League except Rochdale **

** Of course we may have missed the Pen

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 09, 2020, 10:22:41 am by i_ateallthepies »
I think that's right DW, he signalled all of the throw-ins for the linesmen to flag as he indicated.  I couldn't work to those instructions as a linesman (still call them linesmen but now as 'referee's assistant' the scope of their job goes beyond flagging for offsides, throw-ins and corners), If I knew which way the decision should be given that's what I would flag.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 09, 2020, 10:26:49 am by Donnywolf »
Yes I agree and yet again I WISH I could get a copy of the Assessors Report

If the Ref is taking charge of most decisions (as many seem to do it is rumoured) then they should carry the can when it goes badly wrong

I have seen lower League Assessments and they are thorough in their feedback and criticise when necessary and I can believe that an Assessor would not comment on such a failing
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 01:55:46 pm by Donnywolf »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 09, 2020, 12:01:22 pm by drfchound »
I think that's right DW, he signalled all of the throw-ins for the linesmen to flag as he indicated.  I couldn't work to those instructions as a linesman (still call them linesmen but now as 'referee's assistant' the scope of their job goes beyond flagging for offsides, throw-ins and corners), If I knew which way the decision should be given that's what I would flag.

Almost all linesmen wait for a ref to make a decision on which way a throw in should be awarded, and then raise the flag in agreement.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 09, 2020, 03:00:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Yes, I've seen it myself but you'd have to suppose that's because that is what the ref has instructed them to do, Hound.  Either that or they don't know what they're there for.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 10, 2020, 03:04:47 pm by The Red Baron »
On Rate the Ref there is a suggestion Mr Hair is one of those Refs who tells the Linos to stick to the basics like throws Corners etc and leave the "serious" stuff to him

If that is true it is a very flawed decision and cheats us a s Fans The Team the Club and every other Team in the League except Rochdale **

** Of course we may have missed the Pen

I don't know whether this is the case here, although I have certainly come across examples of referees who tell their assistants to deal with throw-ins, corners and offsides and leave the rest to them. If they do, they might as well give the flags to a couple of random people from out of the crowd.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 10, 2020, 03:16:20 pm by IDM »
That’s more a case of using an unqualified assistant - often referred to as the “club linesman” to avoid too much bias.

For games with regulated officials, you would think they get told at least to flag for fouls the ref can’t see..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012