Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:13:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: C John  (Read 10348 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: C John
« Reply #60 on February 16, 2020, 09:58:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
The risk of a player losing confidence when he's dropped applies to every player, not just Cameron John. It is an essential part of football.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 16, 2020, 10:15:19 am by drfchound »
Moore should pick a team that he thinks is capable of winning the match.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 16, 2020, 10:44:25 am by The Beast »
In my opinion John is a better centre half than Wright but not as good a left back as James, James is injured but don’t you think Moore sees John and Amos everyday??? We lost against a decent team today, we had 10 men for a long period, that’s football. Why do we have to have a post-mortem and Scapegoat every time we lose?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 16, 2020, 10:46:17 am by andyst79 »
To be fair the the 2nd og you see defenders scoring those types all the time it happens.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 16, 2020, 10:47:52 am by pib »
Gaz. What did you see coming?

I'll say again. Neither of the two own goals were anything to do with him playing full back.

Weren’t they?

I would argue that a centre back would be more inclined to attack everything that comes into the box, whereas a full back’s role is more subtle because they don’t as often have a man to mark in those situations. John looked to have nobody near him for that cross for the 2nd goal and if he was a natural full back he may well have let the ball run across him and cleared it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 16, 2020, 11:07:46 am by dickos1 »
People saying the goals were nothing to do with being played out of position are completely missing the point.
Being played out of position has left him with zero confidence which has contributed to the mistakes

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 16, 2020, 11:11:02 am by pib »
People saying the goals were nothing to do with being played out of position are completely missing the point.
Being played out of position has left him with zero confidence which has contributed to the mistakes

And I think people either forget, or don’t realise, that playing centre back and playing full back are two completely different animals.

I think people think because both positions are in defence they’re similar, but in most teams they are massively different roles that are not just interchangeable.

Some players can do a job in both positions but how many have truly excelled over the years? Not many.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 16, 2020, 12:56:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I'll say again. Neither of the two own goals were anything to do with him playing full back.

Him costing us a game. The second one was.

He made mistakes that any defender in any position could have made in those conditions.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 16, 2020, 06:00:40 pm by Danmckay456 »
About time Danny Amos was given a chance a natural left back who offers more balance and support to the left winger

So when Danny’s defensive qualities are put under pressure, which they will at league 1 level, will he get stick as well.

How the f@@k should I know , John is a centre back and a great one at that I’m presuming he has a clause where he has to play but like I said Amos is a left back and one who has to be sunk or swim if he’s good enough but when will he get his opportunity

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 16, 2020, 06:40:07 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

So own goals can’t be conceded by bad luck?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 16, 2020, 07:29:06 pm by turnbull for england »
Spurs player scored one not dissimilar today

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 16, 2020, 10:03:44 pm by silent majority »
Here's his twitter apology, shouldn't be needed;

https://twitter.com/CameronJohn_/status/1229038684328079367

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 16, 2020, 10:11:40 pm by Donnywolf »

John Hasleden scored one at Hereford when we lost I think 4-3

He was defending probably a corner and as he left the Penalty area a Rovers player blasted the ball upfield but it hit JH on his back (near shoulder) and bounced straight back into the net

I have a feeling that JH usually a defender was playing Centre Forward and had scored a Hat trick but that OG was totally unlucky

Will have to dig out the score - probably a load of crap

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 16, 2020, 10:17:39 pm by Donnywolf »
Have found it was 3-2 to them. First ever League game against them Nov 4th. Took us hours ti get there and I remember Fireworks going off all round Brum

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 17, 2020, 07:57:09 am by Metalmicky »

I agree - no apology required... To be fair people (on twitter) have reacted in a positive and supportive way, so that shouldn't knock the lad too much.   

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 17, 2020, 08:07:48 am by Colin C No.3 »

Do you think he picked one to eke out a draw?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on February 17, 2020, 08:08:39 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolutely not needed, we all have good and bad days at work particularly at such a young age. Even harder to do in the spotlight.  A test for DM and his man management skills of course.

On this lad, I heard his interview on the way to last Tuesday's game, he sounds far more mature for his age than many, seems a clever guy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 17, 2020, 08:14:46 am by drfchound »

Do you think he picked one to eke out a draw?

WTF are you on about.
I was talking about the next match.

Anyway, do you know that DM didn’t pick a team to try to pinch a point in the last game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 17, 2020, 09:16:09 am by dickos1 »

Eh?
Of course they can, but surely you can see the ones on Saturday weren’t down to bad luck

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 17, 2020, 10:20:28 am by Donnywolf »
Think he was unlucky with the second because (maybe been mentioned already) he could have left it but then their player would have had a chance to score and may have taken in

CJ could have opted to try to play it wide of the goal with his left peg but cant really have a go at him as I have seen 5 or 6 similar ogs this weekend

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 17, 2020, 11:52:01 am by Bentley Bullet »
There's an obvious solution to all this. Stick CJ up front and tell him to play exactly the same!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 17, 2020, 12:57:52 pm by Not Now Kato »

More positivity on there than on here!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 17, 2020, 02:03:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
There's an obvious solution to all this. Stick CJ up front and tell him to play exactly the same!

He has scored 2 goals and had one assist in the right goal so far this season.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 17, 2020, 02:53:23 pm by drfc1951 »

Eh?
Of course they can, but surely you can see the ones on Saturday weren’t down to bad luck

I think he was unlucky with the first,it just hit his knee and went in.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 17, 2020, 03:00:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
Because we are playing catch-up any mistake players make is magnified we need to take more chances. Three of our front four have scored 15 goals in our 31 games yet they have missed chances aswell so we are relying on our defenders to hold firm.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 17, 2020, 03:22:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We need Someone deadly in front of goal. CJ's on fire at the minute.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 17, 2020, 04:54:14 pm by Donnywolf »

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 18, 2020, 07:28:17 am by Graham Hirst »
I'm a big DM fan, but cant be only one getting bit fed up with him changing a winning team that then goes on to lose next game, I don't agree with his statement of It's horses for courses, winning breeds confidence, doesn't matter what level or what sport you play, he's definitely a tinker man which is OK when it works but unfortunately for us his constant tinkering has cost us vital points, Sadlier and Cops to mention two can't be too happy behind scenes,, and before you doo gooders have a pop at me,, it's an opinion

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 18, 2020, 07:32:21 am by GazLaz »

Him costing us a game. The second one was.

He made mistakes that any defender in any position could have made in those conditions.

I disagree. The second one resulted from him moving in to cover from the left back position. His body shape was all wrong and he could have even been in the position he needed to be earlier. It’s completely different circumstances to being a centre half.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 18, 2020, 08:15:28 am by boro_rover »
The only reason Moore rotates the squad so often is because he has belief in players to do a job and/or suit the system he hopes to set up.

As it is John isn’t a full back. He is young and still learning his trade. He probably doesn’t see himself as a full back and more than likely - he doesn’t want to play there. Good players learn from their mistakes and sometimes people have to learn the hard way. Make no mistake he probably wouldn’t have slept very well on Saturday night, mulling it over in his mind and thinking what he would have done differently.

I have noticed that he is used to having someone behind him for crosses etc. I noticed against Sunderland his positioning wasn’t great when the ball was coming in but he will learn.

Besides two freak incidents we would have won on Saturday against a form team. It isn’t the end of the world but I don’t think we are quite there this season wth regards to making the playoffs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012