Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:57:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Latest from the EFL  (Read 3636 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Latest from the EFL
« on April 09, 2020, 05:24:30 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
According to the BBC website, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52230105, the season can be finished within 56 days...with matches being played twice per week behind closed doors, followed by the play-offs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Latest from the EFL
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2020, 05:50:12 pm by ravenrover »
Training stopped until May at the earliest

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2020, 07:54:25 pm by drfchound »
Unless they are Spurs players.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2020, 08:54:31 am by deebee »
If they are all behind closed doors there will be St holders expecting refunds.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2020, 10:31:16 am by BigH »
Yep, or a free/discounted ST for the following season?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2020, 10:34:14 am by selby »
  Let's hope that football and any other sport and pastimes will get started as soon as possible as well as every ones life in general.
   How that is done however will not be at the behest of the FA or EFL, but a decision that will be made by the Government in consultation with the medical authorities, and their idea of how and how safely general life can be up and restarted could be quite different to the football and other sports authorities.
  I would imagine that if isolation and personnel distancing  rules are still in place, then any idea of two teams having a game of football even behind closed doors would be against those rules, and the government would not want to open the genies bottle and give anyone the chance to say if they can do it so can we. 

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2020, 10:47:51 am by karldew »
56 days..

If the season resumes before/on 5th May players contracts don’t come in to effect. Any later and it takes them past 30th June.

I’ll stick my neck out and say if the season is going to pass 30th June it will end up being void.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2020, 11:08:20 am by selby »
  The Football Council have ratified the decision to void the 2019/20 season for football in the 3 to 7 levels of men's and women's football.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2020, 11:32:12 am by silent majority »
56 days..

If the season resumes before/on 5th May players contracts don’t come in to effect. Any later and it takes them past 30th June.

I’ll stick my neck out and say if the season is going to pass 30th June it will end up being void.

No, that's too early and will cause umpteen financial problems.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2020, 11:33:58 am by silent majority »

Seriously?

The players will still want paying, as will match officials etc.

Expect to see iFollow free to st holders.

Edit: Just to add to this, EFL clubs are in danger of going out of business this summer unless some action and financial help is found. A refund should be the last thing on your list.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:45:43 am by silent majority »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2020, 12:13:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Seriously?

Edit: Just to add to this, EFL clubs are in danger of going out of business this summer unless some action and financial help is found. A refund should be the last thing on your list.

Absolutely agree.  A season ticket to me is not a purchase of a product but effectively a subscription to my club just like a charitable donation to me.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2020, 12:26:52 pm by roversontheup »

Seriously?

Absolutely agree.  A season ticket to me is not a purchase of a product but effectively a subscription to my club just like a charitable donation to me.

Me too. Our club will struggle, like most others with the loss of income during the lockdown. I am limited to what I can do to help but I have made a bid on the auction and have paid up front for a lottery ticket. I won’t accept any financial refund for unused tickets from my season ticket either. And before anyone has a go.....yes I appreciate some people have more pressing need of their earnings.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2020, 12:31:56 pm by ian1980 »

Seriously?

Absolutely agree.

Yes, people would probably be entitled to a refund given they have paid for something upfront that might not be delivered. However, it really wouldn’t sit well with me at all getting a refund from the club given how hard they will find it over the coming weeks and months just to survive. Like every football club, they’ll need the support of their fans now more than ever.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2020, 02:06:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, never crossed my mind about a refund. There are much bigger issues to be thinking about. If/when football does indeed resume then that will be a sign that we're well on the way to start rebuilding our society bit by bit.

The club has always seen us right in one way or another, so I'm sure the reconciliation of STs will sort itself out.

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2020, 02:29:16 pm by sf9944 »
One hundred percent.

As with most human actions it comes down to conscience and it certainly wouldn't sit well with mine to accept a season ticket refund.  I'd go as far as to say I'd be happier to re-invest it back into the club in some way.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2020, 02:47:09 pm by VivaRovers »
There were only three home fixtures left anyway weren't there.

I don't know what season tickets cost, but I suspect most have already had close to 19 games worth for them.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2020, 10:02:11 pm by the vicar »
56 days..

No not true contracts will be suspended until the end of the season meaning the last game whenever that may be as will pre agreement

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2020, 11:44:29 pm by karldew »
56 days..

No not true contracts will be suspended until the end of the season meaning the last game whenever that may be as will pre agreement

If Sadlier agrees to sign for a championship club on more than double his wages do you think he will want to play for us again after June 30th? Same with anyone out of contract at any club, they’re currently allowed to talk and sign a pre contract agreement. Players & Agents won’t want to risk their career/player if they’re making more money/furthering their career

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 11, 2020, 12:09:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
56 days..

Might be wrong, but I don't think the EFL has the ability to unilaterally suspend contract law.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 11, 2020, 09:26:17 am by selby »
  I think it was confirmed yesterday that there is no legal right to stop a player leaving a club at the end of his present contract normally the 30th of June.
  That to my mind would compromise any league competition starting or playing after that date, as the strength of teams can be weakened or strengthened in a playing period they would not otherwise be able to do so.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 11, 2020, 09:59:54 am by the vicar »
56 days..

If Sadlier agrees to sign for a championship club on more than double his wages do you think he will want to play for us again after June 30th? Same with anyone out of contract at any club, they’re currently allowed to talk and sign a pre contract agreement. Players & Agents won’t want to risk their career/player if they’re making more money/furthering their career
he will have no options to

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 11, 2020, 10:00:52 am by dickos1 »
We’re dealing with unprecedented circumstances, even if there are no legal rights then people will need to adjust and do what they can to help the situation

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 11, 2020, 11:20:20 am by selby »
  Dickos, I am sorry but most players and definitely the agents will only adjust to situations that benefit themselves.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 11, 2020, 12:51:47 pm by Bessie Red »

Seriously?

I certainly wouldn't want a refund or discount on my next season ticket. A nice gesture would be free access or a reduced fee for I follow to watch the home games, although I would be happy to pay the full amount.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 11, 2020, 01:59:33 pm by IDM »
Employment contracts can be amended if both parties agree.

Happened to me a week ago with the furlough.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 11, 2020, 02:11:30 pm by karldew »
Employment contracts can be amended if both parties agree.

Happened to me a week ago with the furlough.

And what IF some do and some don’t. We could be without some players + loan deals aren’t guaranteed to be extended either. I’ll wait and see what happens but think anything past 30th June will cause a lot of uproar...

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 11, 2020, 08:05:33 pm by Pancho Regan »

Speak for yourself.

I won’t be asking for any refund.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 11, 2020, 08:15:08 pm by selby »
  I also would not want a refund and I would pay a subscription to watch on I follow if that was the only way to watch it.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 11, 2020, 08:23:06 pm by NickDRFC »
I don’t have a season ticket and wouldn’t expect a refund if I did, but I think it’s harsh to criticise people who might want one if the season is voided. There are going to be people facing extraordinarily difficult financial hardships with what’s going on so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with those who need it getting a refund - after all they would have paid for something they won’t receive in that case.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 11, 2020, 10:52:16 pm by RoversAlias »
Have to agree with you there, Nick.

And I'm also one who wouldn't be asking for a refund, but some may need it to be able to afford things that are far more important.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012