Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 11:58:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans back in the ground  (Read 4287 times)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
Fans back in the ground
« on May 31, 2020, 09:39:35 am by elmsallrover »
Read somewhere think it was about a club in Spaint a club letting fans back into the stadium by placing a fan every 3 seats and it just got me thinking with the size of the keepmoat and the number of season tickets holders the club as would it be possible to do it at rovers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Re: Fans back in the ground
« Reply #1 on May 31, 2020, 09:57:18 am by RedRover45 »
Yes just about I would think

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 31, 2020, 09:57:29 am by deebee »
Where is aSpaint?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 31, 2020, 10:01:56 am by selby »
If the away fans are banned probably, but not ideal, better to wait until percentage wise it would be acceptable and the population and the authorities were comfortable with the arrangements.
  The boat has been pushed out a long way at the moment from just days ago, I am all for getting things up and running but would caution we need to learn to walk again first.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 31, 2020, 10:07:46 am by elmsallrover »
Where is aSpaint?
just south of cleckhuddersfax 😂 😂 bloody hay-fever

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 31, 2020, 10:15:17 am by ravenrover »
Where is aSpaint?
In between aPortugalt and aFrancet

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 31, 2020, 10:23:12 am by Donnywolf »
The danger is a "what if" scenario.

Example look at the Beach in Dorset yesterday was it ? 2 people jumped off the Cliffs and had accidents. 2 Air Ambulances landed to help and the 1000 or so beach goers were moved to the centre of the Beach all huddled together. Have a look at the social distancing and imagine 10 of them have "it"
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/30/three-people-seriously-injured-jumping-into-sea-at-dorset-beach

So while it would be possible to socially distance at the Keepmoat and we could all be in there and a major incident happens - Fire ? Bomb Scare ? other ?

This may require a quick evacuation either on to the pitch or out of the Ground althogether - so where would the social distancing go there ? Would we all file out 2 meters apart - very much doubt it and that is why they ask people NOT to go on trips that are not vital because your Car may be in extremely good nick but it might break down - you may crash - or you might run out of Petrol. All these scenarios require someone to rescue you or attend your incident - and that is why Clubs and rule makers may decide this idea cant be done yet
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:26:13 am by Donnywolf »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 31, 2020, 10:27:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
There's a bloke near me who needs to go for gypsies kiss about 8 times per game. It was bad enough being up and down like a bride's nighty before without having to exit the row in order to let the bugger out!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 31, 2020, 10:35:38 am by selby »
  The EFL have reported that ten players from eight clubs have reported positive in the last round of tests for championship clubs.
  That is a lot to me, and if the governments track and Trace were to be instigated I would think it would be very difficult if those players who may have come into contact with other players and staff for them to carry on training for at least a week to a fortnight.
  Bringing in players could result in a snowball effect in some clubs quite quickly.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 31, 2020, 10:39:49 am by IDM »
No.. to be even only one metre apart, there couldn’t be anyone in the row in front of behind, nor in the two seats either side - at least.

So if you take out half the rows that’s half the capacity gone, then you have one seat used in every 3 on the rows in use.

That’s a 2500 approx limit at the KM if social distancing is reduced to 1m.  Never mind the issues highlighted by Wolfie..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 31, 2020, 10:41:45 am by IDM »
  The EFL have reported that ten players from eight clubs have reported positive in the last round of tests for championship clubs.
  That is a lot to me, and if the governments track and Trace were to be instigated I would think it would be very difficult if those players who may have come into contact with other players and staff for them to carry on training for at least a week to a fortnight.
  Bringing in players could result in a snowball effect in some clubs quite quickly.

Are players being reported as testing positive, a result of the fact that footballers are now being tested as part of the season restarting at that level, as opposed to the virus spreading because football is coming back.?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 31, 2020, 10:55:29 am by selby »
IDM, they have been tested as a system put in place by the clubs to try and make any games as safe as possible and bringing in players for training to try and complete the season. the number reported in the latest round of tests is ten players from eight different clubs, Preston being one of those clubs.
   IF the payers have had close contact with other players and staff I find it very difficult under the governments test and trace to see how a club can carry on training if quite a few have to be isolated under the rules.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 31, 2020, 10:55:42 am by RoversAlias »
Yes, they are all being tested and the rate of positives is actually very low, it's just every single one is being reported on by sports media.

I still don't think fans will be allowed in to games for some time though.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 31, 2020, 11:00:13 am by IDM »
IDM, they have been tested as a system put in place by the clubs to try and make any games as safe as possible and bringing in players for training to try and complete the season. the number reported in the latest round of tests is ten players from eight different clubs, Preston being one of those clubs.
   IF the payers have had close contact with other players and staff I find it very difficult under the governments test and trace to see how a club can carry on training if quite a few have to be isolated under the rules.

But the first phase of training has included social distancing, so if players etc have been close to each other (in the sense as needs to be reported for TT) then they have been doing it wrong.

Also within the football community they would know exactly who they had been in contact with, so TT is easier.?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 31, 2020, 11:03:03 am by RedRover45 »
It’s far too early for fans to be back in grounds however I think there is a sliding scale of acceptable numbers possible depending on the size of the club and anticipated crowd. If you take it to the nth degree at grassroots football, I visit a lot of grounds in the Doncaster or Sheffield Senior League where the average crowd is 20-30 in what amounts to nothing more than a park pitch with possibly a rope cordoning off the pitch. Surely common sense says that 20-30 could easily self distance around this pitch. Perhaps the way forward is start at the bottom of grassroots football and very slowly work upwards ?

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 31, 2020, 11:17:09 am by nightporter »
Imagine fans sitting 2 meters apart around the ground and Rovers scoring last minute to reach play off final.  Everyone sits in theirs seats and claps politely.  lol

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 31, 2020, 11:44:52 am by Bentley Bullet »
Wouldn't bother us in the West stand, that's all we do anyway!  :chair:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 31, 2020, 12:16:13 pm by roversdude »

Wouldn't bother us in the West stand, that's all we do anyway!  :chair:

:thumbsup:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 31, 2020, 01:48:20 pm by the vicar »
Read somewhere think it was about a club in Spaint a club letting fans back into the stadium by placing a fan every 3 seats and it just got me thinking with the size of the keepmoat and the number of season tickets holders the club as would it be possible to do it at rovers
that is fine but people would still be milling around and mixing with less than 2 meters outside the ground and in the concourse

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 31, 2020, 02:00:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
At some point, fans will be permitted back into stadiums and as we know, that will be dependant on a number of factors.

Before that happens, no doubt we will see further easing of lockdown measures so providing the numbers continue to decrease, football will be looking at how they can manage the transition in a responsible way probably as said above with limits on capacity to enable distancing etc. It's then up to us to decide whether we're comfortable in taking the risk of attending matches whilst being responsible enough to observe whatever measures are asked of us. Some may be more keen than others. As with everything else, it will be a gradual build up of confidence but at some point we may want to dip our toe in the water whilst others may want to stay away.

It should be logistically easier for a club like ours to organise rather than an EPL club with a far bigger fan base etc.

We've just got to keep an open mind and be prepared.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 31, 2020, 02:06:55 pm by the vicar »
We have been social distancing for year in the East stand 😎

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 31, 2020, 02:51:26 pm by VivaRovers »
As a marker, I work for a venue with three auditoriums including one which seats 2,500. In each one, to effectively social distance we're looking at only 15-20% of the regular crowd being allowed in. That includes all the measures that would need to happen around the venue (think entrances, bars, toilets etc.) to maintain social distancing throughout.

With all this in mind, and the cost effectiveness of putting on events with that amount of crowd in, we're not likely to reopen until 2021. It's just not feasible to have audiences in for performances before that. I imagine most professional sports venues - certainly at League One level - are in a similar situation. In that they could do it as an interim measure... but would it be worth it?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 31, 2020, 02:56:34 pm by NewDonny »
Yes, they are all being tested and the rate of positives is actually very low, it's just every single one is being reported on by sports media.

Spot on RA on all your points.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 31, 2020, 03:42:11 pm by drfchound »

RA, I can’t foresee me going to games for quite some time mate.
I keep thinking about the stuff that will be expressed into the air when a ref makes a decision that the fans don’t like.
People standing up and shouting out in anger.
I think I would rather risk walking through the lion compound at the wildlife park.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 31, 2020, 06:08:37 pm by RoversAlias »
Thanks ND, and Hound I completely agree mate. I fear not going to a game again for another year or more, and today's sudden about-face on us high risk folks not needing to shield as much anymore has only served to dim my confidence even further.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 31, 2020, 06:37:22 pm by the vicar »
I'm high risk to, and I. In the same mind, although I have a season ticket holder soI have paid for the games, but as soon as we can go people in the concourse wi be just stood around laughing and joking and not give a toss about anyone else

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 31, 2020, 06:54:40 pm by since-1969 »
Thanks ND, and Hound I completely agree mate. I fear not going to a game again for another year or more, and today's sudden about-face on us high risk folks not needing to shield as much anymore has only served to dim my confidence even further.
imo there will be fans returning to stadiums by the start of the season . It is imperative for the survival of football , rugby cricket and athletics that the public recognise this and except many  supporters may wish to stay away , but fans of their clubs will permit and except a minimal or manageable risk will always be relevant and present none the less.
Hand cleansers at food kiosks and in toilets along with the possible warring of masks . Society wants , needs and demands the restoration of all spectator sports as  £ billions are generated through sport and it’s is the back bone of societies in every country.
The very survival sports club is in jeopardy with millions of people both directly and indirectly involved at the professional end of every sport risks loosing the entire lively hoods permanently if solutions are not implemented soon . Don’t just wait for solutions make them happen !!

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 31, 2020, 06:56:53 pm by essexrover »
It's Hungary, I believe 👍

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 31, 2020, 07:17:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Presumably fans from the same household wouldn't need to be three seats apart.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 31, 2020, 08:10:30 pm by IDM »
If you follow certain clubs, you could take your wife and your sister with you, and only need two seats ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012