Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:01:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 9081 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Season tickets
« on June 03, 2020, 07:25:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Without getting shot down. If the season ends? What Rovers doing re season tickets for last 3 home games. Presume it would cost a few 100 thousand if it was refunds all round

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #1 on June 03, 2020, 07:27:32 pm by drfchound »
I would be very surprised if fans wanted refunds for the the last three matches.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 03, 2020, 07:32:05 pm by knockers »
Hound, you would be surprised at how many want some money back.
Quite disappointing really!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 03, 2020, 07:34:37 pm by drfchound »
Not being odd knockers, but how do you know how many would want a refund?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 03, 2020, 07:38:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I'd have been better off this season now not getting one

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 03, 2020, 07:51:11 pm by Filo »
As I’ve said a few times before, i don’t want a refund, and I’m not fussed about next seasons ticked already paid for in full either

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 03, 2020, 07:52:23 pm by IDM »
I don’t want a refund for 3 missed games, nor the money back for the extra ticket bought for the Wimbledon game.

I am sure however that the club will make a statement on this once the final decisions on this season are taken..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 03, 2020, 08:32:02 pm by adamtherover »
I hope I'm in the majority where I say that I'm happy to claim zero refund if it helps the club stay afloat..  I've already bought next seasons as well... 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 03, 2020, 08:32:25 pm by silent majority »
The club are lining up their options depending on how the vote goes next week.

As I've alluded to in a few posts recently the club are not immune to financial hardships and we need to work through this with the help of the community and DRFC supporters.

But, trust the club to find a way that will lessen the pain for all of us.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 03, 2020, 08:37:57 pm by bedale rover »
I bought some tickets for the Lincoln game (via DD) wouldn't mind that money back
Lincoln can go whistle!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 03, 2020, 09:07:00 pm by silent majority »
I bought some tickets for the Lincoln game (via DD) wouldn't mind that money back
Lincoln can go whistle!

Lincoln won't have it, nor will they get it. Away clubs only get the revenue after the game has been played.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 03, 2020, 09:16:39 pm by selby »
  You have given me an idea there Bedale I have tickets for Portsmouth away and Bolton ( foolishly kept it) but will take them back to the ticket office and if they can refund they can keep the money it is better in the Rovers pocket than theirs.
 Just seen SM's post so will not bother the Rovers can keep it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:18:49 pm by selby »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 03, 2020, 10:43:23 pm by knockers »

I don’t know numbers Hound but I do know that there’s a fair few that have been in touch with the club enquiring about it.
As SM has alluded to on this thread though the club will look at lessening the blow to supporters and we all know that do try to look after us as and when they can 👍🏼

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 03, 2020, 10:47:41 pm by drfchound »

I don’t know numbers Hound but I do know that there’s a fair few that have been in touch with the club enquiring about it.
As SM has alluded to on this thread though the club will look at lessening the blow to supporters and we all know that do try to look after us as and when they can 👍🏼

Yeah, I know they do and there seems to be a good connection between the club and the fans.
We shouldn’t forget though that there will be people who, for various reasons, will need to have money refunded.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 03, 2020, 11:19:51 pm by roversdude »
I wouldn’t be looking at a refund for this season. However like Bedale I’d be loath to give money to Rotherham for the tickets I bought - will sleep easier taking onboard SM’s comment however

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 04, 2020, 06:16:23 am by DN8ROVER »
When i renewed my season ticket the other week i was told that whatever happens no supporters would be out of pocket.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 04, 2020, 07:10:38 am by coventryrover »
I dont want a refund.     I want to help the club.

Your money has been spent a long time ago.   Just pretend you went to every match or play the games in fifa :)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 04, 2020, 07:27:25 am by DearneValleyRover »
I don’t want a refund for this seasons or next

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 04, 2020, 08:22:11 am by deebee »
The four of us are not asking for a refund. The survival of our club is more important to us. I hope everyone else does the same.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 04, 2020, 08:32:29 am by roversdude »
I’d much rather the club survive than even consider asking for a refund on this or next seasons ST

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 04, 2020, 08:36:50 am by Chris the Rover »
My family have 3 season tickets. We won’t be asking for a refund.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 04, 2020, 09:46:23 am by Pancho Regan »
My family have 3 season tickets. We won’t be asking for a refund.

Exactly the same for me Chris.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 04, 2020, 10:14:15 am by idler »
I didn't have a season ticket this time and if I had I wouldn't have wanted a refund. The problem is that some supporters are or could be in desperate need for the money so I couldn't begrudge those that are desperate getting something back. This might even pay dividends in them putting more back when they are able to in the future.
Let's just hope that we are back to normal as soon as is safely possible.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 04, 2020, 10:19:57 am by DRNaith »
The club are lining up their options depending on how the vote goes next week.

As I've alluded to in a few posts recently the club are not immune to financial hardships and we need to work through this with the help of the community and DRFC supporters.

But, trust the club to find a way that will lessen the pain for all of us.

Martin, if the club get to a point where they look at all possible options for maintaining income through this time. Please could it be communicated to them that they might consider one of these options to be a basic, straightforward way, for supporters to donate directly to the club with nothing needed to be given back in return.

I'm trying to use the club shop as much as possible at the moment, but I'm aware that only a small fraction of this will be out and out profit.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 04, 2020, 11:10:07 am by RoversAlias »
Neither of us will be asking for refunds on the three games, and from what I've seen many feel the same so I'd like to think Rovers won't lose too much money to this issue.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 04, 2020, 11:34:17 am by silent majority »
Thanks for the idea Naith.

Thanks for everyone else contributing on this post. As I said the club are looking at options for whatever happens next. I can't stress enough how much help and support the club will need over the next few months if our club is to remain as a great functioning football club.

It's time for supporters to step up, just like we did all those years ago.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 04, 2020, 01:43:36 pm by wing commander »
  I agree, lets be under no illusion here this is costing the club a lot of money and the last thing we need to be thinking is that "it's okay the owners will fund it"..I'm convinced that not all clubs will survive this by the time people are allowed into grounds.

As Rovers fans we need to help out as much as we can and make sure that we have a team to watch when normality returns.I think setting up a fans donation page is a great idea and if we all chipped in a few quid it would do nothing but help..

This shouldn't be about what refunds fans can get back from the club but more what we can do from here to try and help us survive

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 04, 2020, 01:52:17 pm by silent majority »
  I agree, lets be under no illusion here this is costing the club a lot of money and the last thing we need to be thinking is that "it's okay the owners will fund it"..I'm convinced that not all clubs will survive this by the time people are allowed into grounds.

As Rovers fans we need to help out as much as we can and make sure that we have a team to watch when normality returns.I think setting up a fans donation page is a great idea and if we all chipped in a few quid it would do nothing but help..

This shouldn't be about what refunds fans can get back from the club but more what we can do from here to try and help us survive

Thanks WC!

The VSC are talking to the club about what we can do, and how we can help. No doubt as we move forward we can elaborate on that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 04, 2020, 02:21:31 pm by selby »
  Could it be done in some sort of shares or even Bonds  redeemable at some future date against future season tickets etc. or special events, or be left in the club as the purchaser prefers.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 04, 2020, 02:34:07 pm by silent majority »
  Could it be done in some sort of shares or even Bonds  redeemable at some future date against future season tickets etc. or special events, or be left in the club as the purchaser prefers.

It could, its an option that I'm happy to discuss with the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012