Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:08:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What has happened in this country  (Read 23267 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: What has happened in this country
« Reply #180 on June 13, 2020, 02:39:44 pm by drfchound »
Interesting to see the usual folk defending racism. The same older folk that got offended when it was pointed out the demographics of Brexit voters.
Bigoted hypocrites springs to mind.

Who has defended racism?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on June 13, 2020, 02:39:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I am only retired, I havn't the time to be on here like you lot with nothing to do.
  Billy you keep saying you employ people, if they spent as much time during the day on social media that you do, would you employ them?

You certainly don't have the time to read the websites you're cutting and pasting from, do you?

Or to apologise when you get caught red-handed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 13, 2020, 02:40:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

Don't worry your little head over how much I or my colleagues work.

Just stick to the subject instead of lazy and ignorant and hominems.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on June 13, 2020, 03:22:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Interesting to see the usual folk defending racism. The same older folk that got offended when it was pointed out the demographics of Brexit voters.

Who has defended racism?

Something I heard the other day. Would you describe yourself as a racist? I guess most of us would answer no to that question.

Try this one. If you are not an anti-racist, then you are a racist!

Made me think and question whether I have ever tackled racist behaviour and whether we are doing enough as a society stamp it out.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 03:44:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Forum Admin

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on June 13, 2020, 03:44:44 pm by Forum Admin »
That's a thought, I wonder if old Syd has his house parked on a bit of real estate that some poor old indigenous Ausie really owns. Would he just vacate or come over all white supremacist?
   And old Iberian benefiting from all that lovely Inca and native South American native gold. I don't blame him for not demonstrating in Madrid against it. From what I saw of the Spanish police in Barcelona last year they are not that bothered about taking a Knee themselves, but are not adverse to putting someone on their back with a sore head.
  Nothing to get upset about it wasn't police brutality the same in Paris it happened in the EU so it is OK.

You should be paying homage to this man selby.

Larry Tesler
"The inventor of cut/copy & paste, find & replace, and more, was former Xerox researcher Larry Tesler," the company tweeted. "Your workday is easier thanks to his revolutionary ideas." Mr Tesler was born in the Bronx, New York, in 1945, and studied at Stanford University in California.Feb 20, 2020

Pity no one told you about this though?

https://www.quetext.com/

It's not just that Syd, he  doesn't even read what he's copying properly. He lifted a whole load of stuff that a right-wing Brexit think tank said and tried to pass it off as something Barnier said. And despite it being uncovered he won't acknowledge it, of course. He just posts some sub-BB 'witticisms' instead.

There seems to be an awful lot of posts recently that add nothing to the topic being discussed. Some individuals seem hell-bent on just posting insults and digs at certain other posters.

Try and be more civil.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on June 13, 2020, 05:13:54 pm by wilts rover »
As I mentioned earlier you tell how important a movement is by the people who oppose it.

Urinating on a memorial to a policeman murdered in a terrorist attacked - good luck defending that.

#BlackShirtsMatter

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on June 13, 2020, 05:21:12 pm by drfchound »

Who has defended racism?

Something I heard the other day. Would you describe yourself as a racist? I guess most of us would answer no to that question.

Try this one. If you are not an anti-racist, then you are a racist!

Made me think and question whether I have ever tackled racist behaviour and whether we are doing enough as a society stamp it out.

So the question still stands to IR, who has defended racism.
I can’t think of anyone on here who has said it is ok to be racist.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on June 13, 2020, 06:04:11 pm by Iberian Red »
  Hey up IB, any statues of conquistadors you fancy pulling down in your area. Watch out for them nasty Spanish police though, The EU let them do anything they want.

It clearly a subject you know absolutely nothing about.
Over the last 40 years 1000s of statues,street names,public buildings,parks etc have been removed or renamed.
Stick to your anti EU blindness.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on June 13, 2020, 06:11:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I am only retired, I havn't the time to be on here like you lot with nothing to do.

Qué? Surely you have more time than us employed folk?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on June 13, 2020, 07:44:37 pm by selby »
  Where did they do all that then IB, Barcelona?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on June 13, 2020, 07:58:37 pm by Filo »
  Where did they do all that then IB, Barcelona?

In Franco’s case every statue in the Country has been removed, over 600 of them

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on June 13, 2020, 08:11:42 pm by selby »
  I would be surprised if they ever had one of Franco in Barcelona.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on June 13, 2020, 08:28:29 pm by wilts rover »

Then I suggest you read about Francoist Spain selby

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on June 13, 2020, 08:48:38 pm by MachoMadness »
Quite surprised to see a lack of criticism on here about the far right thugs "defending" monuments in London by pulling nazi salutes in front of them, pissing on them, and having tearups with police. BLM didn't even show up for this exact reason. Oddly quiet on here. I wonder white.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on June 13, 2020, 08:50:20 pm by drfchound »
Quite surprised to see a lack of criticism on here about the far right thugs "defending" monuments in London by pulling nazi salutes in front of them, pissing on them, and having tearups with police. BLM didn't even show up for this exact reason. Oddly quiet on here. I wonder white.

Is that last bit a Freudian slip MM.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on June 13, 2020, 08:53:31 pm by Iberian Red »
Pure ignorance.
Dont worry,it probably comes to all of us as we get older and certain,horrible diseases take over your mind.
As I said before,
Stick to things you are an expert about.
Europe certainly isnt one.
Have you seen many Romanians in horses and traps up the A19 recently?
I've been to Romania and never seen any.
Ive lived on the A19 and seen hundreds.
Was that your family walking all the way from Wales and Ireland?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on June 13, 2020, 08:58:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Is that last bit a Freudian slip MM.
Don't know white you mean, hound.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on June 13, 2020, 09:19:53 pm by wilts rover »

You missed out the incident where they heroically defend an English piece of grass from some, quite clearly far-left Antifa scum. desecrating it by having a picnic:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Norm/status/1271832403070377986

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on June 13, 2020, 10:25:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You missed out the incident where they heroically defend an English piece of grass from some, quite clearly far-left Antifa scum. desecrating it by having a picnic:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Norm/status/1271832403070377986

Jesus Christ. I'm appalled but not surprised. They obviously turned up itching for a scrap with someone (anyone!) but when BLM didn't turn up, people like these - and the coppers - got it instead. Scum.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:30:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 13, 2020, 10:46:41 pm by bpoolrover »
Not quite true glyn while it is disgusting whoever even turns up for these protests during these times there was a large rally of blm and they threw punches on Westminster bridge at the others trying to get to parliament square so it’s not all one sided

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on June 13, 2020, 10:50:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I class them all the same so not really worth commenting on is it? A dick is a dick regardless of its skin colour.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on June 13, 2020, 10:51:20 pm by bpoolrover »
Quite agree

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on June 13, 2020, 10:51:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Not quite true glyn while it is disgusting whoever even turns up for these protests during these times there was a large rally of blm and they threw punches on Westminster bridge at the others trying to get to parliament square so it’s not all one sided

Nothing on BBC site saying that, which is what I was looking at. Thanks for the link.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 13, 2020, 11:30:49 pm by MachoMadness »

I class them all the same so not really worth commenting on is it? A dick is a dick regardless of its skin colour.
Are you really comparing hundreds of thousands protesting systemic racism - with an unfortunate minority of violent individuals - to a few thousand white supremacists, the vast majority of whom went out with the explicit intention of causing violence?

They are not the same. If you genuinely think that you are part of the problem. Full stop.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on June 14, 2020, 12:35:55 am by SydneyRover »
'They are all the same' is lazy commentary when it is obvious they are not. Maybe it is intended to cast doubt rather than actually saying 'I support the right wing thuggery?' it doesn't make a lot of sense.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on June 14, 2020, 07:50:16 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Are you really comparing hundreds of thousands protesting systemic racism - with an unfortunate minority of violent individuals - to a few thousand white supremacists, the vast majority of whom went out with the explicit intention of causing violence?

They are not the same. If you genuinely think that you are part of the problem. Full stop.

Disagree, at the point somebody turns violent and none peaceful they've lost the point of their protest.  Violence shouldn't be accepted in any form and we should be treating people the same regardless.  If I'm part of the problem we really are in trouble.

'They are all the same' is lazy commentary when it is obvious they are not. Maybe it is intended to cast doubt rather than actually saying 'I support the right wing thuggery?' it doesn't make a lot of sense.

That's a pretty twisted interpretation (as usual from you).  Are you as such saying that it's ok for the protests last week to be violent but not yesterdays? 

As for your second point that's pretty offensive. It is ok to criticise something without supporting the alternate view.  Something many seem to fail to realise.  You can criticise the actions of any person without being racist or agreeing with the contrasting view.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on June 14, 2020, 08:22:33 am by SydneyRover »

Disagree, at the point somebody turns violent and none peaceful they've lost the point of their protest.  Violence shouldn't be accepted in any form and we should be treating people the same regardless.  If I'm part of the problem we really are in trouble.

That's a pretty twisted interpretation (as usual from you).  Are you as such saying that it's ok for the protests last week to be violent but not yesterdays? 

As for your second point that's pretty offensive. It is ok to criticise something without supporting the alternate view.  Something many seem to fail to realise.  You can criticise the actions of any person without being racist or agreeing with the contrasting view.

Who are all the same you didn't say bfyp? Just remember the far right is politically closer to the team you support than any left organisation which is why presumably a lot lot og them hopped over the fence to become faragists.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 14, 2020, 08:30:30 am by drfchound »

Who are all the same you didn't say bfyp? Just remember the far right is politically closer to the team you support than any left organisation which is why presumably a lot lot og them hopped over the fence to become faragists.

So if bfyp didn’t say who was all the same, how can you say it is obvious they are not?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 14, 2020, 08:57:26 am by SydneyRover »
Because my interpretation is that the far right went to fight and cause mayhem and the majority of blm went primarily to protest. If blm were not protesting then the far right would likely not have been there at all.

Added: even johnson the knob called out the right which is surprising.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 09:00:26 am by SydneyRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012