Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:13:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What has happened in this country  (Read 23330 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: What has happened in this country
« Reply #210 on June 14, 2020, 09:01:08 am by drfchound »
I don’t doubt that some of the far right people were out there to cause trouble but I also think that the BLM group had been infiltrated by some people who also wanted to cause trouble.
Neither side could claim that their protests had been trouble free.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on June 14, 2020, 09:03:58 am by SydneyRover »
Provide some proof please hound of who you think would want to do that and who would stand to gain by it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on June 14, 2020, 09:12:18 am by wilts rover »
Not quite true glyn while it is disgusting whoever even turns up for these protests during these times there was a large rally of blm and they threw punches on Westminster bridge at the others trying to get to parliament square so it’s not all one sided

Do you have any links to them urinating on a memorial to a murdered policeman? Or throwing smoke grenades at current policeman? Or attacking members of the public for having a picnic?

They are all the same!!!!

And if they are 'all the same' why have you only chosen to pick out the actions of one side to comment on?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on June 14, 2020, 09:14:28 am by Ldr »
A massive problem in this country appears to be that however worthy a protest, the "rent a mob" mentality idiots attach to it giving idiots from the opposing view the excuse to pitch up and thus the touch paper is lit

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on June 14, 2020, 09:17:18 am by idler »
I think if I got assaulted or hit over the head with something I would be just as peed off whoever hit me.
Once violence starts it weakens the argument of those protesting. Once confrontation starts all of the peaceful protesters should go to the back and let the lunatic fringe fight it out with the police or their opponents.
There would be fewer for the extremists to hide amongst making them easier to identify and they might also not be so brave. Also make the gratuitous filming on mobiles illegal. Rather than offer a helping hand to someone in trouble loads now just want to film it. Those filming the police officer on the floor were disgusting.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on June 14, 2020, 09:18:21 am by wilts rover »
I don’t doubt that some of the far right people were out there to cause trouble but I also think that the BLM group had been infiltrated by some people who also wanted to cause trouble.

What a load of rubbish.

There were dozens of BLM protests around the country yesterday, including several in other areas of London. All of them were peaceful except the one that was attacked in Trafalgar Square.

The vast majority of violence yesterday were far-right thugs attacking the police.

So all of the BLM protestors are aiming for violence but only 'Some' of the far-right. Is that it hound?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on June 14, 2020, 09:26:43 am by wilts rover »
Wilts.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-riots-protest-arrests-breaking-18416915

Thanks Ldr

So all of the BLM protests were peaceful. But at least 2 far-right counter protests, in Parliament Square and Newcastle involved violence against the police.

But they are 'all the same'.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on June 14, 2020, 09:26:57 am by hoolahoop »
Idler, I was showing that if you wrap yourself in the flag for glory then you have to accept all the other occasions where the flag was used.

I don't actually see a lot of respect being shown to the flag when it's used on mugs, teatowels, underwear, shopping bags. I hope the buyers of these items dispose of them respectfully.

and this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BELLA-BRITAIN-UNION-JACK-FLAG-DESIGN-MODERN-FLOOR-RUG-150x220cm-NEW/222575401169?hash=item33d28718d1:g:Vz4AAOSwEUVZYc7U
Sydney, I don't wrap myself in the Union Jack for glory. I regard as a symbol of the country that I love and was born in. I'm proud when it is hoisted high at the Olympics. It's reassuring when you see the flag abroad when used in the right way that you have something in common with others while far from home.
I disregard a lot of the tat that uses the symbol the same with the flag of St. George.
That's my opinion you are welcome to yours. I'm fed up of people having digs about what happened in the past and laying guilt on generations that had nothing to do with it.

On that basis , we can stop the perpetual digs at modern day Germans who weren't  even alive at the end of WW11 let alone taking part in it . We expect THEM like the Japanese  and French come to that to OWN  their history in perpetuity.
Hence the 12 bombers songs sang at every England game and yesterday of course where some thought imitation of the Nazi salutes etc were fitting  outside or rather around a monument to Churchill.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on June 14, 2020, 09:28:24 am by idler »
With all the media photographs and video footage it will surely be easy to identify the regular offenders and put them away irrespective of colour creed or political persuasion.
The deeds should be looked at dispassionately and fair punishment meted out all that deserve it. The idiots always seem to be near the front, the rest should leave them to it rather than stand with phones filming it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on June 14, 2020, 09:31:47 am by idler »
Idler, I was showing that if you wrap yourself in the flag for glory then you have to accept all the other occasions where the flag was used.

I don't actually see a lot of respect being shown to the flag when it's used on mugs, teatowels, underwear, shopping bags. I hope the buyers of these items dispose of them respectfully.

and this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BELLA-BRITAIN-UNION-JACK-FLAG-DESIGN-MODERN-FLOOR-RUG-150x220cm-NEW/222575401169?hash=item33d28718d1:g:Vz4AAOSwEUVZYc7U
Sydney, I don't wrap myself in the Union Jack for glory. I regard as a symbol of the country that I love and was born in. I'm proud when it is hoisted high at the Olympics. It's reassuring when you see the flag abroad when used in the right way that you have something in common with others while far from home.
I disregard a lot of the tat that uses the symbol the same with the flag of St. George.
That's my opinion you are welcome to yours. I'm fed up of people having digs about what happened in the past and laying guilt on generations that had nothing to do with it.

On that basis , we can stop the perpetual digs at modern day Germans who weren't  even alive at the end of WW11 let alone taking part in it . We expect THEM like the Japanese  and French come to that to OWN  their history in perpetuity.
Hence the 12 bombers songs sang at every England game and yesterday of course where some thought imitation of the Nazi salutes etc were fitting  outside or rather around a monument to Churchill.
Hoola, I never sing those songs and have a nephew who married a German girl when he left the army. He now speaks betterGerman than English and all of his friends and new relatives made us very welcome when we travelled there in 2000 for his wedding. There are idiots in all societies, the problem gets worse as the minorities increase.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on June 14, 2020, 10:45:27 am by drfchound »

What a load of rubbish.

There were dozens of BLM protests around the country yesterday, including several in other areas of London. All of them were peaceful except the one that was attacked in Trafalgar Square.

The vast majority of violence yesterday were far-right thugs attacking the police.

So all of the BLM protestors are aiming for violence but only 'Some' of the far-right. Is that it hound?

Wilts, please don’t get as bad as some of the leftie brigade on here.
I haven’t said that ALL of the BLM protestors are aiming for violence.
I did say that the BLM group had been infiltrated by SOME people who were out to cause trouble.
Big difference.
Those ripping down statues are probably among the SOME group.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on June 14, 2020, 11:05:37 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
So once again, we should ask ourselves the question whether we are anti racist.

I think it was fairly predictable what was going to happen yesterday. Was it really about protecting our monuments? Plus you could see some of these morons had been missing their Saturday afternoons entertainment and they enjoyed resuming acquaintances with the Police.

It's plain to see what we have to deal with as a society and in football. Holding up a 'Kick it Out' banner or some other token gesture isn't going to work.

The BLM movement know exactly what they are doing, to do enough to provoke and, it has worked because it has exposed how consciously or unconsciously racist we are as a society.

I do not agree with their overall objectives eventhough, I can understand the motivation.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on June 14, 2020, 11:17:24 am by SydneyRover »
I don't think blm are provoking I think they are challenging society to sort it, to finally end all the promises all the talk and get it done as our racist in chief would say. And it's about time wouldn't you say dbr?

SM has said the policy of kick it out is to reducate rather than exclude which was my thinking until I heard his argument but good luck with some of these. Any of them that are racist and violent I think should be banned from football on top of what ever penalty they may get through the courts.

What are their overall objectives dbr?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on June 14, 2020, 11:30:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the poster boy of the Fat Lads Alliance.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on June 14, 2020, 11:36:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, the Hypocrite of the Week competition has ended early.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benphillips76/status/1271910951256719360

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on June 14, 2020, 11:44:41 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think blm are provoking I think they are challenging society to sort it, to finally end all the promises all the talk and get it done as our racist in chief would say. And it's about time wouldn't you say dbr?

SM has said the policy of kick it out is to reducate rather than exclude which was my thinking until I heard his argument but good luck with some of these. Any of them that are racist and violent I think should be banned from football on top of what ever penalty they may get through the courts.

What are their overall objectives dbr?

Yes, I think the word challenge is better than provoke. We all from time to time must challenge our own views and educate ourselves to at least understand. We also have to challenge others, take responsibility and be part of that education process.

As far as the BLM movement is concerned, I'd rather stick to evolution rather than revolution.to progress to a fairer and prosperous society where anyone can succeed if they work at it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on June 14, 2020, 11:46:34 am by wilts rover »

What a load of rubbish.

Wilts, please don’t get as bad as some of the leftie brigade on here.
I haven’t said that ALL of the BLM protestors are aiming for violence.
I did say that the BLM group had been infiltrated by SOME people who were out to cause trouble.
Big difference.
Those ripping down statues are probably among the SOME group.

That is correct hound you didn't. But you have just written 'ripping down statues'. Statues, plural?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on June 14, 2020, 11:47:15 am by wilts rover »
Here's the poster boy of the Fat Lads Alliance.

Handed himself in this morning. Hope he has washed his hands.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on June 14, 2020, 11:47:35 am by SydneyRover »
But they are not asking for a lot dbr, just to be treated with the same respect as other ordinary people, you think that is too much to ask?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on June 14, 2020, 12:12:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
But they are not asking for a lot dbr, just to be treated with the same respect as other ordinary people, you think that is too much to ask?

That in itself is not too much to ask of course. But they the movement's objectives goes much further than that. Breaking down the institutions, starting with the Police. Have you heard/seen this reference to 'defunding the police'? On face value it sounds like they want to disband the police but that's not what they mean. They are talking about society policing itself, policing by the people for people by 'their' rules.

There's talk of reparations for all the history of persecution etc etc. Yes, these are all extreme views that may be unachievable but yet, the movement has taken over a precinct in Seattle I think. Be interesting to see how that pans out.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on June 14, 2020, 12:22:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Thanks dbr we agree on basic human rights for all which is good, I haven't seen the stuff about them wanting to break up the police (could you post any links?) but they do need to treat everyone the same and I can understand their anger, look at the Steven Lawrence case and others. There needs to be change but I agree Britain is far from ready to be without some type of force, but the police in my view needs to get to a community policing position in society where they respect us and they in turn are respected.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on June 14, 2020, 12:26:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agree Sydney.

Just a couple of thought provoking vids from different perspectives that I came across. Yes they're from USA but relevant.

https://youtu.be/llci8MVh8J4

https://youtu.be/G1HSAXJz1mM

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on June 14, 2020, 12:42:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
State of this bell end in the green top at the end of this clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VinnieoDowd/status/1271774513831849985

Every football club has a cock like this. Note he squares up to a small female copper.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on June 14, 2020, 12:45:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
And another re the defunding of Police. Its been on the agenda in US for a while before the George Floyd killing and now exported to UK, France, Australia with the protests.

https://youtu.be/AYa1WjHtzKc

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on June 14, 2020, 12:48:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And the air kicks from some of these.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VinnieoDowd/status/1271809857507770376

Like Charlie Brown when Lucie pulled the football away at the last minute.

Is this the army that we were warned was going to reclaim the nation if they weren't listened to over Brexit? Just a bunch of impotent pissed up f**kwits.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on June 14, 2020, 12:50:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So, BST, Sydney, Wilts, Macho and all, where are we going with this? Genuine question.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on June 14, 2020, 12:59:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
DBR.

There's no revolution. It is one of the occasional, spontaneous outbursts that happens every few years when tensions break.

It WILL be used by dog-whistle politicians on both sides of the pond to try to foment a Culture War. It's up to the sensible ones among us to not let themselves be used like that.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on June 14, 2020, 01:00:25 pm by phil old leake »
I wonder if any of this would have happened on this scale without Covid
All the Black lives matter followed by the far right racist dxxxheads
If people had maybe had more responsibility with regard to work etc would they have turned out in the same numbers

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on June 14, 2020, 01:05:30 pm by SydneyRover »
The government has got to move forward and offer some workable solutions with solid no fudge timetables, and get some community representative around the table. Get Grenfell sorted get any racism in the police sorted ensure that there is equality of employment in all areas, so much to do and unfortunately for this lot in power not a lot going on except spin. Maybe it's time to put real funding back into local areas to allow councils to play their part in society as they used to.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012