Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 07:41:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What has happened in this country  (Read 23257 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: What has happened in this country
« Reply #270 on June 14, 2020, 07:02:25 pm by drfchound »
Is that relevant to this particular discussion?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on June 14, 2020, 07:03:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Is that relevant to this particular discussion?

Bpool thinks it is. That's why I'm asking him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on June 14, 2020, 07:04:52 pm by drfchound »
I haven’t  seen Blackpool mention vindaloo.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on June 14, 2020, 07:07:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I h@vent seen Blackpool mention vindaloo.

I don't care what you've sen him mention.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on June 14, 2020, 07:10:39 pm by drfchound »
But why are you asking him what words he would use to draw attention to someone who is overweight.
Why would he need to do that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on June 14, 2020, 07:14:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
But why are you asking him what words he would use to draw attention to someone who is overweight.

I haven't said that. I asked him what inoffensive word we should use instead of the word 'fat' as he seems to object to it. Nothing to do with drawing attention to anyone at all. Clear? Good.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on June 14, 2020, 07:19:47 pm by NickDRFC »
Glyn, not sure where you’re going with this - BST started by calling the guy in the picture “fat”, which wasn’t necessary in that context as a descriptive term as there wasn’t anyone else in the picture so no need to highlight any distinguishing features. I can see the point of people questioning why it was needed.

What I object to is anyone trying to suggest that any offence or abuse towards fat people is in remotely the same ballpark as racism. How anyone could really think that baffles me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on June 14, 2020, 07:26:19 pm by drfchound »

I haven't said that. I asked him what inoffensive word we should use instead of the word 'fat' as he seems to object to it. Nothing to do with drawing attention to anyone at all. Clear? Good.

But Blackpool was saying it was wrong to use the word fat to draw attention to the man in the picture so why would he need to use another word to draw attention to that man.
Why not just say “that man”.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on June 14, 2020, 07:28:35 pm by Ldr »

But Blackpool was saying it was wrong to use the word fat to draw attention to the man in the picture so why would he need to use another word to draw attention to that man.

Didnt the group self identify as the Fat Lads Alliance?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on June 14, 2020, 07:29:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Not a great way to describe him to the police though, is it? If they'd asked what he looked like, would you have ignored his body shape altogether and just let them guess? What is the politically correct way of doing it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on June 14, 2020, 07:31:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn, not sure where you’re going with this - BST started by calling the guy in the picture “fat”, which wasn’t necessary in that context as a descriptive term as there wasn’t anyone else in the picture so no need to highlight any distinguishing features. I can see the point of people questioning why it was needed.

What I object to is anyone trying to suggest that any offence or abuse towards fat people is in remotely the same ballpark as racism. How anyone could really think that baffles me.

Yes, but then bpool himself widened it all out to tens of millions of people, not just the one in the photo.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on June 14, 2020, 07:41:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Good job I didn't quote hound before he deleted his last post otherwise I'd have got accused of editing his posts again.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on June 14, 2020, 07:51:23 pm by bpoolrover »
It’s not to do with the fla it’s to do with the word fat if everybody goes around saying it then potentially your upsetting offending tens of millions of people, like racists you are judging people by how they look

What Politically Correct term do you suggest we use instead of 'fat' so as not to offend all those tens of millions of people? You don’t have to refer to someone using there weight do you? Then there is no political correctness,in the post I referred to it was fat lads alliance so was said in a derogatory way to offend

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #283 on June 14, 2020, 07:53:57 pm by bpoolrover »

Yes, but then bpool himself widened it all out to tens of millions of people, not just the one in the photo.
yes because the post was fat lads alliance, and it is still referring to someone in a not nice way because of the way they look

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on June 14, 2020, 07:54:43 pm by drfchound »
Good job I didn't quote hound before he deleted his last post otherwise I'd have got accused of editing his posts again.

I didn’t know I needed permission to change my mind about what I wanted to say.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on June 14, 2020, 08:01:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

yes because the post was fat lads alliance, and it is still referring to someone in a not nice way because of the way they look

How would you describe someone of that body shape without causing offence?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on June 14, 2020, 08:03:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Who said anything about permission? But this is exactly what happened before - I quoted you and then you deleted your post that I quoted. And then accused me of editing your posts.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #287 on June 14, 2020, 08:07:32 pm by idler »
I think the portly gentleman urinating on or near the memorial has more on his plate than to worry about being called fat.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on June 14, 2020, 08:09:19 pm by drfchound »

Who said anything about permission? But this is exactly what happened before - I quoted you and then you deleted your post that I quoted. And then accused me of editing your posts.

Really?
It was there for all to see.
You added a word to my post.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #289 on June 14, 2020, 08:10:51 pm by bpoolrover »
I think the portly gentleman urinating on or near the memorial has more on his plate than to worry about being called fat. So if a black person committed a crime it would be ok to call him on his colour because he has more on his plate?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on June 14, 2020, 08:11:25 pm by bpoolrover »
It is disgusting what he did I no way am I condoning or defending what he did

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on June 14, 2020, 08:40:20 pm by Nudga »
He's a fat Kitson that had a piss next to a memorial that he travelled to defend against a baying mob of non white English.
The non white English people didn't turn up so this fat Kitson and his other fat Kitson mates decided to have a ruck with old bill because the euros aren't on.
So what's a fat, neo nazi, racist useless Kitson supposed to do when there's no footy on?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #292 on June 14, 2020, 08:42:49 pm by Filo »
He's a fat Kitson that had a piss next to a memorial that he travelled to defend against a baying mob of non white English.
The non white English people didn't turn up so this fat Kitson and his other fat Kitson mates decided to have a ruck with old bill because the euros aren't on.
So what's a fat, neo nazi, racist useless Kitson supposed to do when there's no footy on?

Fatist!

🤪🤪🤪

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on June 14, 2020, 08:47:04 pm by Nudga »

Fatist!

🤪🤪🤪

I'm a fat Kitsonist. You're just fat, you're not a Kitson so you're OK 😉😂

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on June 14, 2020, 09:12:13 pm by Ldr »

Fatist!

🤪🤪🤪

Filo you're screwed mate 🤣

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #295 on June 14, 2020, 09:21:53 pm by selby »
  Love this it's a right laugh, I hope the same people disgusted at any racial name calling will remember when calling older people gammon, racial bigots etc. on other threads. 

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on June 14, 2020, 09:23:21 pm by scawsby steve »
BLM protesters = Noble, marching for a just and right cause.

"Rent 'a' mob" attached to BLM protesters = Scumbag d*ckheads.

Far right mob = Scumbag d*ckheads.

IMO that's a fair and balanced view.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on June 14, 2020, 09:33:06 pm by Filo »

Fatist!

🤪🤪🤪

Oh I don’t know, I’ve been called a Kitson a fair few times over the years 😂😂😂

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #298 on June 14, 2020, 09:52:47 pm by MachoMadness »
  Love this it's a right laugh, I hope the same people disgusted at any racial name calling will remember when calling older people gammon, racial bigots etc. on other threads. 
Gammon isn't a term rooted in centuries of oppression and murder.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on June 14, 2020, 10:11:54 pm by selby »
  No Macho I agree, it is a modern derogatory term used by younger ignorant people to describe older people they don't agree with. I am fully aware of the meaning and insult intended especially when linked to wishing the same people dead which has also been mentioned  by ignorant, self centred, younger people on this forum. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012