Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:54:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey and Cameron John  (Read 6111 times)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Jacob Ramsey and Cameron John
« on June 09, 2020, 07:18:41 pm by Scooter »
Both said their farewells on Twitter - likely more to follow

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Jacob Ramsey and Cameron John
« Reply #1 on June 09, 2020, 08:03:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
All eyes on Sadlier and Copps.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 09, 2020, 08:04:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
I forget where we got with this - but with the league now ended does his mean contracts end as normal at end of June, or are we also now caught by the extension to help the clubs still playing?

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 09, 2020, 08:10:26 pm by DonnyEl »
Ennis too now

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 09, 2020, 08:35:21 pm by phil old leake »
I think Copps will signs unless he’s not wanted by the club
Hopefully I’m right we might need an experienced head in the changing room Next season

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 09, 2020, 08:37:30 pm by drfchound »
Copps will still be playing for us next season.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 09, 2020, 08:40:40 pm by mushRTID »
This year like last, a number of key players all go back to their clubs and the loan cycle continues.

I hope with more players out of contract (if that’s correct) we build a squad on permanent deals so we don’t have this every year. Problem with young loans is if they do too well, they become out of our league.

I do worry though the way forward will be 1 year deals so we don’t over commit.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 09, 2020, 08:44:52 pm by drfchound »
I have to agree with that Mush.
Loans seem to be the way with most clubs around our level.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 09, 2020, 09:03:56 pm by RoversAlias »
I forget where we got with this - but with the league now ended does his mean contracts end as normal at end of June, or are we also now caught by the extension to help the clubs still playing?

No game-wide extension was ever agreed as far as I'm aware, it is all case-by-case. There are teams in the Premier League possibly losing players before they finish their rescheduled games. So all our players out of contract at the end of June remain that way.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 09, 2020, 09:46:45 pm by karldew »
Hoping we sign Lokilo, wasn’t he out of contract at Palace?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 09, 2020, 10:00:37 pm by Chris Black come back »

No game-wide extension was ever agreed as far as I'm aware, it is all case-by-case. There are teams in the Premier League possibly losing players before they finish their rescheduled games. So all our players out of contract at the end of June remain that way.

Better get that contract mailed up to Guisborough pretty sharp then.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 09, 2020, 11:05:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a shame we couldn't see these boys play again but I wish them all the best in their careers and hope they feel their time at DRFC has set them up for better things!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 10, 2020, 07:53:02 am by roversdude »
It’s usually about this time that we have a small clique of posters slagging off the budget and the board - please refrain this season and be thankful we have the board we do.
Wish all of our loan players the best for the future and hope they become household names.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 10, 2020, 09:21:08 am by IDM »
This year like last, a number of key players all go back to their clubs and the loan cycle continues.

I hope with more players out of contract (if that’s correct) we build a squad on permanent deals so we don’t have this every year. Problem with young loans is if they do too well, they become out of our league.

I do worry though the way forward will be 1 year deals so we don’t over commit.

If we were going to sign league one level players for one season deals (Copps aside and short term situations like with Cole to see if we want to sign him longer) then we may as well have a few premier league youngsters on season loans.

Yes there needs to be a balance but we shouldn’t discount taking loanees.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:53:31 pm by IDM »

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 10, 2020, 01:11:51 pm by number19 »
I only saw Ramsey play away at Tranmere and was impressed. John that night showed he's not as effective at left back than centre half.

I think we'd be lucky to see either back in Rovers colours again.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 10, 2020, 02:22:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
The only two loanees I think are due to be out of contract are Sheaf and Lokilo. Whether either want to come here is a different question but could be free agents at end of this month.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 10, 2020, 02:53:58 pm by Pancho Regan »
I only saw Ramsey play away at Tranmere and was impressed. John that night showed he's not as effective at left back than centre half.

I think we'd be lucky to see either back in Rovers colours again.

I would agree with your comments about their performances at Tranmere. What an enjoyable night that was by the way! I'm sad to see Tranmere go down, always had a soft spot for them.

Back to these two loanees; if there was a choice between the two I'd plump for having Ramsey back. I think he really is a talent and he can win matches for you.
Cameron John was badly exposed at left back but he too is a talented player and I hope he has a bright future ahead of him.

I'll tell you summat, it's nice to be talking football again!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 10, 2020, 03:34:30 pm by rich1471 »
Ramsey came to get game time and only played a handful of games, the boy has talent but i really do think he could come back for the first half of the knew season when i starts   

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 10, 2020, 03:47:59 pm by Draytonian III »
I think Sheaf might come back ,knows the place and the players and somehow I can see Arsenal offering him a new contact

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 10, 2020, 05:47:47 pm by ravenrover »
Lokilo looks an exciting  prospect just from the cameo in the one game I saw him

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 10, 2020, 06:36:05 pm by DonnyEl »
Could see us getting Sheaf & Lokilo as free agents, and would like to see Ramsey back on loan...can’t see any of the rest coming back

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 10, 2020, 06:36:59 pm by since-1969 »
Im glad we’re getting  back to the speculation of who’s available and who we should sign ... oh it’s great to return to the silly  pre-season  from boredom and who we will play in friendlies? f...k Covid .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 10, 2020, 06:58:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
This is what we have.

Lawlor

Anderson
Wright
James
Horton
Halliday

Whiteman
Gomes
Hasani

Taylor

Okenabirhie

These are out of contract.
L Jones
Baptiste
Blaney
Amos
McLean
Greaves
Blair
Sadlier
Coppinger
Kiwomya
Watters
Gibbons
Boocock
D Cole

Apparently the U23's have already been told if they're being offered anything or being released.

Looking a what we have were begging for some attacking midfielders, which would be Sadlier and Coppinger. In an ideal world we could add Lokilo to that and perhaps loan Ramsey again and be done with that position. With this season being a bit different who knows what we get.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:01:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 10, 2020, 06:59:47 pm by NewDonny »
This is what we have.

Lawlor

Anderson
Wright
James
Horton
Halliday

Whiteman
Gomes
Hasani

Taylor

Okenabirhie

L Jones
Baptiste
Blaney
Amos
McLean
Greaves
Blair
Sadlier
Coppinger
Kiwomya
Watters
Gibbons
Boocock
D Cole

Apparently the U23's have already been told if they're being offered anything or being released.

Yep a few have gone already.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 10, 2020, 07:03:35 pm by NickDRFC »
Hope Villa stay up as I’d say that will increase our chances of getting Ramsey back.

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 11, 2020, 01:00:34 pm by number19 »
Judging only on the little I've seen of these:

L Jones - Keep
Baptiste - Bye
Blaney - Not seen enough, unsure.
Amos - Keep
McLean - Bye
Greaves - Bye
Blair - Keep
Sadlier - Keep
Coppinger - Keep
Kiwomya - Bye
Watters - Keep
Gibbons - Bye
Boocock - Bye
D Cole - Bye, Okenabirhie looks the better prospect for me.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 11, 2020, 01:37:51 pm by Move DRFC »
This is what we have.

Lawlor

Anderson
Wright
James
Horton
Halliday

Whiteman
Gomes
Hasani

Taylor

Okenabirhie

L Jones
Baptiste
Blaney
Amos
McLean
Greaves
Blair
Sadlier
Coppinger
Kiwomya
Watters
Gibbons
Boocock
D Cole

Looking a what we have were begging for some attacking midfielders, which would be Sadlier and Coppinger. In an ideal world we could add Lokilo to that and perhaps loan Ramsey again and be done with that position. With this season being a bit different who knows what we get.

Going to be quite an overhaul again. I think Sheaf and possibly Lokilo may return. Maybe Ramsey on loan.

Be surprised if Sadlier stays but I'd try keep him Copps Amos Watters and maybe Blair and Jones

welloffside

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 11, 2020, 01:45:12 pm by welloffside »
When the parent clubs look at their squads for the start of next season, there's nothing to say that one or two of the loanees might come back again. Partly to get competitive game time and also to reduce the parent club wages.

Of the ones we used this year, not withstanding your views on loan players for the long term future, who would you have back next year?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 11, 2020, 01:55:50 pm by roversdude »
I’d jump at the chance to have Dieng back (think he is out of reach though)
I’d also look at signing Sheaf and Lokilio and maybe Ramsey on loan
As much as I loved John and Ennis they spent a lot of time in the treatment room

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 11, 2020, 02:36:02 pm by Campsall rover »
This is what we have.

Lawlor

Anderson
Wright
James
Horton
Halliday

Whiteman
Gomes
Hasani

Taylor

Okenabirhie

L Jones
Baptiste
Blaney
Amos
McLean
Greaves
Blair
Sadlier
Coppinger
Kiwomya
Watters
Gibbons
Boocock
D Cole

I would be surprised and disappointed if Jones, Amos, Blaney & Watters we’re not offered new deals. All capable of being important squad players next season.

I am fairly certain that Copps will be offered another 1 year deal and surely Sadlier will be offered the best deal the club can reasonably afford to give. If it’s not good enough to keep him then so be it.
If a Championship club comes in for him & doubles his wages you can’t blame him if he goes.
If we can keep him i think he would be a massive success for us next season and his valuation under contract with us could be 2 million + in 12 months.

I would also like to see Cole offered a 1 year deal as i think we haven’t seen the best of him yet. Sure DM can release his full potential. Think it’s a mind set ( self belief ) or an attitude problem that’s held his career back. Nothing i know, just an opinion.

It would also be brilliant if we can entice Sheaf, Ramsey and Deing back to the KM. Sheaf & Ramsey would seem the most likely as Deing could be in QPR’s match day squad next season.

Both Ennis and John it would seem won’t be returning. Wish them both well as i think Ennis will end up playing at Championship level possibly even next season and John will eventually play at Premier league level at centre back of course imo. ( he is no left back as we saw )

Any way there will be lots of incomings and outgoings to keep us busy on this site over the next couple of months.
Let’s hope we can all be attending matches by at least October, if we don’t get a second wave of Covid 19
and at the moment it is looking reasonably positive then maybe October is not being over optimistic.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:49:29 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012