Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:55:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey and Cameron John  (Read 6112 times)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re: Jacob Ramsey and Cameron John
« Reply #30 on June 11, 2020, 02:52:37 pm by bedale rover »
The only two loanees I think are due to be out of contract are Sheaf and Lokilo. Whether either want to come here is a different question but could be free agents at end of this month.

Happy to have Sheaf on a permanent

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 11, 2020, 02:58:11 pm by IDM »
There will also be a huge set of other potential signings and loanees available, who knows which players DM has already been looking at for the next season..

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 11, 2020, 04:19:45 pm by Draytonian III »
I watched a Undr the Cosh thing the other week with Dean I’m wonderful Saunders and about the only thing that wasn’t bullshit or a fabricated tale was about loan players. He said the way that a lot of loans work is that if you take a certain player from a club in one season the next season you get the pick of their players

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 11, 2020, 04:49:58 pm by selby »
  The top clubs would love to own feeder clubs in the lower divisions, With the current financial position I would not be surprised if any money coming down from the top clubs is linked to some sort of player agreement.
  Now they have established complete control over the EFL and the FA who is going to stop it other than the government stepping in.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 11, 2020, 06:08:48 pm by IDM »
Who has complete control over the EFL.?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 11, 2020, 06:19:14 pm by Draytonian III »
Feeder clubs would the beginning of the end for English football, how many “ big “ or teams that have played in top division have played in the bottom division in the last 40 years
Oldham
Sheff Utd
Swindon
Brighton
Wigan
Bradford
Portsmouth
Bournemouth
Burnley
Bolton
If you go to the third tier add
Sheff Wed
Wolves
Notts Forest
Vermin Utd
Southampton
Man City
Sunderland
Ipswich
Norwich

Any more ???

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 11, 2020, 06:21:28 pm by silent majority »
Feeder clubs? A complete red herring.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 11, 2020, 07:16:45 pm by IDM »
Feeder clubs would the beginning of the end for English football, how many “ big “ or teams that have played in top division have played in the bottom division in the last 40 years
Oldham
Sheff Utd
Swindon
Brighton
Wigan
Bradford
Portsmouth
Bournemouth
Burnley
Bolton
Sheff Wed
Wolves
Notts Forest
Vermin Utd
Southampton
Man City
Sunderland
Ipswich
Norwich

Any more ???

I thought Wolves dropped as far as the 4th division in the late 80s..

Don’t forget the likes of Luton, Oxford, Blackpool, Cardiff, Hull, Swansea, Reading, Oxford, Notts  Co, Coventry have all played top/bottom leagues or vice versa over that timescale.

Then you have Leicester, Southampton, Charlton, Stoke, WBA have been in the 3rd division.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 11, 2020, 07:40:48 pm by roversontheup »
It may be the rain that’s dampening  my spirits but I’ll just be happy to have a club next season. I have no expectations re signings at present as it’s difficult to see when ‘normal’ footie will resume. Until then where is the money coming from to pay for all these new players?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 11, 2020, 08:40:27 pm by RedRover45 »
Oldham
Sheff Utd
Swindon
Brighton
Wigan
Bradford
Portsmouth
Bournemouth
Burnley
Bolton
Sheff Wed
Wolves
Notts Forest
Vermin Utd
Southampton
Man City
Sunderland
Ipswich
Norwich

Any more ???

I thought Wolves dropped as far as the 4th division in the late 80s..

Don’t forget the likes of Luton, Oxford, Blackpool, Cardiff, Hull, Swansea, Reading, Oxford, Notts  Co, Coventry have all played top/bottom leagues or vice versa over that timescale.

Then you have Leicester, Southampton, Charlton, Stoke, WBA have been in the 3rd division.

It’s only 21 years since Man City were in the third tier as well

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 11, 2020, 10:49:42 pm by selby »
  Go back them twenty one years and tell me how many different teams have finished in the European places or won the FA cup.
  The rest are just in the premiership to make up a fixture list. Now the pandemic has strengthened the top sides grip by widening the financial
 gap to the top six's favour.
    The chance of the first month has gone, my tip is the big six will flex their muscles in the next couple of years and take a bigger slice, The compensation for relegation will be cut or even abolished and as soon as they get rid of a couple of teams and get Leeds and a couple of other big gate clubs to replace such as Bournmouth  the draw bridge will come up. The EFL and FA have no power to stop it. and are even now stood with the begging bowl waiting for any crumbs to fall. And they without doubt deserve to be in that position.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 12, 2020, 12:09:07 am by Draytonian III »
Why not let the “Big 6” go the whole way and form the European Super League that they want. That would last about 8-10 years at most before the interest would be totally gone

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 12, 2020, 01:06:13 am by NewDonny »
Why not let the “Big 6” go the whole way and form the European Super League that they want. That would last about 8-10 years at most before the interest would be totally gone

In your opinion that is...............on the other hand there are a lot of people out there that might just like that change.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 12, 2020, 09:05:09 am by IDM »
“ The rest are just in the premiership to make up a fixture list.”

Ask the fans of those clubs if they think they are just making up the numbers.?

Is going to your ground as a Bournemouth or Brighton (or Wigan or Barnsley etc) fan and watching your heroes take on the country’s (and many of the world’s) best players at your home ground, week in week out, is that making up the numbers?

Were Leicester making up the numbers a few seasons ago.?  Yes that may be a once in a generation (or two) occurrence but it proved it can happen..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:58:23 am by IDM »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 12, 2020, 09:17:45 am by Pancho Regan »
  The top clubs would love to own feeder clubs in the lower divisions, With the current financial position I would not be surprised if any money coming down from the top clubs is linked to some sort of player agreement.
  Now they have established complete control over the EFL and the FA who is going to stop it other than the government stepping in.

Two very sweeping statements there selby, do you have anything substantial to back them up?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 12, 2020, 09:43:53 am by Draytonian III »

In your opinion that is...............on the other hand there are a lot of people out there that might just like that change.

I can’t see many people in this country being interested in Napoli v Lille or Porto v RB Leipzig on a Sunday afternoon when it’s say Leeds v West Ham or Everton v Wolves at the same time

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 12, 2020, 09:51:11 am by drfchound »

I can’t see many people in this country being interested in Napoli v Lille or Porto v RB Leipzig on a Sunday afternoon when it’s say Leeds v West Ham or Everton v Wolves at the same time

As with most things in life, some people will prefer one and some the other.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 12, 2020, 10:21:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

That's the conundrum that's dividing the game. From a fans and players perspective I don't think it's what they want particularly. In contrast, the money men will want that to fleece the game by making money from the revenue that they seek from betting, TV, advertising etc, trying to globalise the product.

We've seen it with how the Champions League format has evolved. Is it for the competition or is it for the money? Dare they go that next step and mess with domestic leagues? It would kill the game, as we know and love it but how much do we matter?

Maybe the virus has taught some lessons. If the money dries up what do you have left? You have the1000s of fans who'll watch their team whether the players are paid 10 Bob a week and use coats for goals!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 12, 2020, 10:36:50 am by silent majority »
This same argument keeps coming around and around. As we all discussed at the start of this last season it was on the cards that a start would be made to the European Super League by expanding the Champions League format.

The FSA, along with the European supporter groups, campaigned vigorously to put a stop to this. It's been taken off the table but only temporarily we feel. As we argued at the time, most supporters seem to think that removing the top 6 clubs from the EPL wouldn't affect anybody else. How wrong you would be. Once the top clubs go the money goes with them leaving the rest of the pyramid in a terrible state. The pyramid, as we know it, would collapse, it would be a catastrophe.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 12, 2020, 10:46:31 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
This same argument keeps coming around and around. As we all discussed at the start of this last season it was on the cards that a start would be made to the European Super League by expanding the Champions League format.

The FSA, along with the European supporter groups, campaigned vigorously to put a stop to this. It's been taken off the table but only temporarily we feel. As we argued at the time, most supporters seem to think that removing the top 6 clubs from the EPL wouldn't affect anybody else. How wrong you would be. Once the top clubs go the money goes with them leaving the rest of the pyramid in a terrible state. The pyramid, as we know it, would collapse, it would be a catastrophe.

Exactly. It would also put supporters of the top 6 in no man's land! A horrible thought.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 12, 2020, 10:59:07 am by silent majority »

Exactly. It would also put supporters of the top 6 in no man's land! A horrible thought.

Yep. The 3pm blackout would also go, meaning that DRFC v Accrington on a Saturday afternoon would be up against Man Utd v Real Madrid on the telly. That in itself would affect our club financially. It's a world we don't want to see.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 12, 2020, 11:31:43 am by Pancho Regan »

Not forgetting of course that the current 'top 6' includes Leicester and Wolves!

;)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 12, 2020, 11:51:35 am by Draytonian III »
Man Utd v Real Madrid might effect the crowds but as I said I can’t see Napoli v Lille doing much . As for the big 6 how long have Chelsea and Man City been in the big 6 and what about when Newcastle get their mega investment, who drops out the 6 , Arsenal or Tottenham ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 12, 2020, 12:09:20 pm by silent majority »
Man Utd v Real Madrid might effect the crowds but as I said I can’t see Napoli v Lille doing much . As for the big 6 how long have Chelsea and Man City been in the big 6 and what about when Newcastle get their mega investment, who drops out the 6 , Arsenal or Tottenham ?

I guarantee that every Saturday at 3pm there'll be a live fixture that will entice the TV audience, after all that's what's driving the European Super League.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:20:57 pm by silent majority »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 12, 2020, 12:59:46 pm by RoversAlias »
I already know people who would much rather watch a La Liga or Bundesliga game on the weekend than a mid table Premier League clash. SM is right that any form of European Super League would be a massive problem for the rest of us "left behind", and I find the whole notion ridiculous. Football has well and truly become a sport for the upper classes if that is ever allowed to happen.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 12, 2020, 01:09:51 pm by NewDonny »

Sorry I totally disagree and your choice of teams would appear deliberate to try and make your point to be honest. Try Man Utd v's Barcelona, Tottenham v's Leipzig, Porto v Man City.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 12, 2020, 01:11:15 pm by NewDonny »

I guarantee that every Saturday at 3pm there'll be a live fixture that will entice the TV audience, after all that's what's driving the European Supper League.

"Super League" even, but I agree.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 12, 2020, 01:47:39 pm by ravenrover »
Not a chance I would stop in to watch footie on the telly when I can go to watch DRFC on a Saturday afternoon, no matter who were playing on TV

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 12, 2020, 01:59:04 pm by Draytonian III »
Why would the fixtures be at 3pm on a Saturday ? Also the major games shown on Sky tend to be 4pm on a Sunday, not on a Saturday at 5pm, because people have more things to do on a Saturday evening than a Sunday afternoon

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 12, 2020, 02:15:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Why would the fixtures be at 3pm on a Saturday ? Also the major games shown on Sky tend to be 4pm on a Sunday, not on a Saturday at 5pm, because people have more things to do on a Saturday evening than a Sunday afternoon

But the original advent of Sunday afternoon games on Sky surely came from the fact they weren't able to show games at 3pm on a Saturday anyway? For decades Saturday afternoon has been seen as the best time for football so it stands to reason that without the blackout rule that would be the time these big games could take place.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012