Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:50:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Agents/intermediates fees  (Read 3560 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Agents/intermediates fees
« on June 25, 2020, 04:51:09 pm by silent majority »
Not sure if anybodies seen this, but again we come out of this very well.

In League 1 we spent £62k which puts us at 16th. Not bad for a 9th spot finish, and shows that keeping cash in the club, especially at times like this really works, and its another example of trying to do things the right way.

Look at Sunderland though, £1.346m.

Peterborough on £186k and Bristol Rovers £141k etc etc.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Agents/intermediates fees
« Reply #1 on June 25, 2020, 05:00:05 pm by Chris the Rover »
Don’t think Sunderland will be Splashing out like that this next season. How are they going to cover their wage bill with nobody in the ground? What a nightmare.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 25, 2020, 05:01:05 pm by selby »
Looking at that list Gillingham have done well with their manager OR?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 25, 2020, 05:01:24 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

In League 1 we spent £62k which puts us at 16th. Not bad for a 9th spot finish, and shows that keeping cash in the club, especially at times like this really works, and its another example of trying to do things the right way.

...and Southend Utd. Second from bottom, relegated and spent £126,273. 🤦‍♂️

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 25, 2020, 05:01:52 pm by Pancho Regan »
Interesting table that SM, thanks.

The Sunderland expenditure is insane.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 25, 2020, 05:03:21 pm by Filo »
When the EFL look at salary caps, they should also be looking to limit the amount agents leech from the game

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 25, 2020, 05:20:10 pm by NewDonny »

Not seen this so thank you for sharing.

Whilst we seem to be giving out grammar lessons today, can I just point out that “not sure if anybodies seen this” should be “not sure if anybody has seen this”.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 25, 2020, 05:29:27 pm by NickDRFC »

Whilst we seem to be giving out grammar lessons today, can I just point out that “not sure if anybodies seen this” should be “not sure if anybody has seen this”.

If you’re asking a question (can I just point out?) shouldn’t that end with a question mark? ;)

Interesting numbers but it would be good to see it lined up with transfer fees/players signed as the absolute figure itself doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story. For example Bristol Rovers spent over twice as much as we did, but if they signed twice as many players then it’s not unreasonable.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 25, 2020, 05:33:03 pm by NewDonny »

If you’re asking a question (can I just point out?) shouldn’t that end with a question mark? ;)

Interesting numbers but it would be good to see it lined up with transfer fees/players signed as the absolute figure itself doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story. For example Bristol Rovers spent over twice as much as we did, but if they signed twice as many players then it’s not unreasonable.

Love that lol

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 25, 2020, 05:40:40 pm by goalkick »
You have hit the nail on the head filo.they seem to be, I would call it parasitic.take to much money out of the game,just an opinion.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 25, 2020, 06:49:12 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Sunderland paid out more than the whole of league 2, and then some.

They've got to be struggling next season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 25, 2020, 06:53:28 pm by IDM »
The way this government is going, we will have “normal”‘ stadium opening by September.!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 25, 2020, 07:33:39 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Whilst we seem to be giving out grammar lessons today, can I just point out that “not sure imf anybodies seen this” should be “not sure if anybody has seen this”.

Or it could read “not sure if anybody’s seen this.”...just saying!  :coat:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:37:47 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 25, 2020, 09:19:50 pm by ravenrover »
I have to ask the question out of our squad who would have needed an agent to sign for us?
Cole? Fej?
Do loans for players involve agents?
Players who signed an extended contract?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 25, 2020, 09:25:28 pm by RoversAlias »
I have to ask the question out of our squad who would have needed an agent to sign for us?
Cole? Fej?

Every single player has an agent, long gone are the days of players sorting out their contracts and everything themselves.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 26, 2020, 01:29:49 am by ss1953 »
An agent is acting on behalf of a player not the club.
They do their best for the player.

Players should pay their agent, who acts on their behalf
Not a Penny should come from a club.

Authors and showbiz people all have agents who take a percentage of their clients income.

Should be the same in football.

Easily sorted if FIFA ban payments to third parties.
Stupid boy, get back in the real world!!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 26, 2020, 09:25:27 am by GazLaz »
I’d like to see how much we’ve spent on loan fees and developing/paying players there are not ours and can get no return on.

What about letting a saleable assets contract run down do he leaves for nothing. To imply our owners/ CEO are fiscally astute is nonsense.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 26, 2020, 09:27:19 am by ravenrover »
Cole? Fej?

Every single player has an agent, long gone are the days of players sorting out their contracts and everything themselves.
Agreed but who apart from new signings  would we pay agent fees to?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 26, 2020, 10:47:02 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I’d like to see how much we’ve spent on loan fees and developing/paying players there are not ours and can get no return on.

What about letting a saleable assets contract run down do he leaves for nothing. To imply our owners/ CEO are fiscally astute is nonsense.

So you're asking a question to which you don't know the answer and based on that, you come to the conclusion that the board/CEO cannot be fiscally astute?

You say 'letting' saleable assets run their contracts down. Have you actually thought that through?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 26, 2020, 11:19:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I can only guess who you are talking about, but how do you stop it if the asset won't agree?  Do you just bow to their every demand?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 26, 2020, 11:56:10 am by silent majority »

So you're asking a question to which you don't know the answer and based on that, you come to the conclusion that the board/CEO cannot be fiscally astute?

You say 'letting' saleable assets run their contracts down. Have you actually thought that through?

Gaz, you obviously don't know how the modern loan system works, so basing your conclusion on something you don't understand is a bit fruitless really.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 26, 2020, 12:08:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
£50million in fees in the Championship.

There are, what? 700 players in that division? Say as many as 500 of them needed agent activity in a season (renegotiating contracts, negotiating deals with new clubs) That's £100,000 per deal.

Not a bad line of work, is it?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 26, 2020, 12:17:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Agents make millions and millions at the top level, we're talking eight figure fees for sorting out one transfer. I don't know hie that's ever been allowed to become the norm.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 26, 2020, 12:21:46 pm by EasyforDennis »
Cole? Fej?

Agents are the biggest problem in football. It seems that as soon as a kid joins a club the first thing they do is get an agent. They cannot wipe their own noses without help from their agent. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to ask their agent where they should go on holiday.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 26, 2020, 12:41:48 pm by NewDonny »
Cole? Fej?

Agents are the biggest problem in football. It seems that as soon as a kid joins a club the first thing they do is get an agent. They cannot wipe their own noses without help from their agent. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to ask their agent where they should go on holiday.

Clubs openly encourage young players to get themselves an agent. Also agents representing young players take nothing for their services for several years until that player signs a significant contract with a club. This can sometimes not happen for many years. Also as I have posted on here before , the fees you see clubs paying agents include a lot of instances where the club has engaged the agent or agents to work on the clubs behalf in sourcing players. I am not defending this particle or the eyewaterinw amounts involved either, but important that people know the facts around this.

I am a Director of a business and negotiate professional service contracts every day of my life, but I would be completely out of my depth in negotiating a player contract. It's at a point today where a player has got to have an agent.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 26, 2020, 12:50:23 pm by GazLaz »

Gaz, you obviously don't know how the modern loan system works, so basing your conclusion on something you don't understand is a bit fruitless really.

So we have paid zero loan fees, wages and for developing other teams player’s over the last few years? If that’s the case I stand corrected. It’s not the case though is it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 26, 2020, 12:58:31 pm by silent majority »

So we have paid zero loan fees, wages and for developing other teams player’s over the last few years? If that’s the case I stand corrected. It’s not the case though is it.

I didn't say it was zero, what I said is that you lack an understanding of how it currently works.

You're assuming things that you shouldn't, especially with regard to paying players and loan fees.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 26, 2020, 01:04:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
£50million in fees in the Championship.

There are, what? 700 players in that division? Say as many as 500 of them needed agent activity in a season (renegotiating contracts, negotiating deals with new clubs) That's £100,000 per deal.

Not a bad line of work, is it?

But (not justifying it too much) the average annual salary for a Championship footballer is over £1m.  So in a deal circa 10% of an annual salary to the agents.  That's fairly comparable to most industries in fairness.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 26, 2020, 01:13:12 pm by silent majority »
If anybody is really interested in which of our players this figure was accrued on behalf of see page 8 and 9;

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 26, 2020, 01:21:02 pm by knockers »
Who would have thought that Fejiri's middle name was Shaun

TinyPortal © 2005-2012