Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 04:37:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Matty Blair on trial  (Read 7233 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Matty Blair on trial
« Reply #30 on August 18, 2020, 10:59:17 pm by idler »
Maybe they've seen enough already.😉

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 18, 2020, 11:05:07 pm by Retdon1 »
He wasn’t in tonight’s squad

He was

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 18, 2020, 11:16:58 pm by dknward2 »
There are pictures of him playing

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 18, 2020, 11:18:51 pm by the vicar »
He wasn’t named in there line up or on the bench that’s what I was going on

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 18, 2020, 11:25:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
31| GOAL! Stratford 0-2 Robins

⚽️ Dan Bowry

Trialist Matty Blair squares for Bowry to tap in a deserved second goal
He replaced the right back who down to start on team sheet..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:32:10 pm by steve@dcfd »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 19, 2020, 08:18:41 am by drfchound »
Is it unusual for the press to name the trialist in his report.
Just asking.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 19, 2020, 08:28:07 am by steve@dcfd »
It was on the Cheltenham’s Twitter feed for the game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 19, 2020, 10:06:04 am by selby »
  According to the manager the are just filling in with him because of injuries, and because of lack of funds there may be nothing for him.
   A funny position to be in  when he had a definite offer on the table.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 19, 2020, 10:15:28 am by Metalmicky »
  According to the manager the are just filling in with him because of injuries, and because of lack of funds there may be nothing for him.
   A funny position to be in  when he had a definite offer on the table.

I saw that also..... bit strange.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matty-blair-bristol-city-relationship-4437470

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 19, 2020, 10:25:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not unusual though is it. We've had players train with us to help them out. Paul Green and Victor Anichebe spring to mind.

There could be many factors why Blair has decided to move on as touched on above.

If DM doesn't see him as the future then I would imagine DM will have had the decency to have a conversation with Matty. I don't see why we have to have a vigil evertime a player moves on particularly if they are regarded as 'fringe' players.

There's no reason to believe this is anything but a footballing decision.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 19, 2020, 10:46:05 am by Metalmicky »
Not unusual though is it. We've had players train with us to help them out. Paul Green and Victor Anichebe spring to mind.

There could be many factors why Blair has decided to move on as touched on above.

If DM doesn't see him as the future then I would imagine DM will have had the decency to have a conversation with Matty. I don't see why we have to have a vigil evertime a player moves on particularly if they are regarded as 'fringe' players.

I would say it is unusual...... granted not common, but a bit unusual.
I understand that Matty is considering his options - and not necessarily decided to move on.
DM hasn't closed the door on Blair - I believe the offer is still on the table.  I also don't think there is a 'vigil' for him - just interest.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 19, 2020, 11:16:32 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I would say it is unusual...... granted not common, but a bit unusual.
I understand that Matty is considering his options - and not necessarily decided to move on.
DM hasn't closed the door on Blair - I believe the offer is still on the table.  I also don't think there is a 'vigil' for him - just interest.

You spotted my exaggeration! You know what I mean though, certain posters always pointing the finger at the club, allowing these players to leave rather than understanding most are footballing decisions the manager makes.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 19, 2020, 01:44:52 pm by Chris Black come back »

Anichebe still hasn’t signed for anyone. What a waste for a guy in his prime years to have not played since 2017 and even then was in China.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 19, 2020, 01:54:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Anichebe still hasn’t signed for anyone. What a waste for a guy in his prime years to have not played since 2017 and even then was in China.

Thought he could have earnt more though. A year later and his income is still £0.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 19, 2020, 04:44:51 pm by ravenrover »
He's had  a couple of pay days ftom Sky

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 19, 2020, 05:14:41 pm by drfchound »

Out of curiosity Baz, I am wondering why Darren would have put an offer to Matty if he didn't see him as the future.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 19, 2020, 05:23:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Out of curiosity Baz, I am wondering why Darren would have put an offer to Matty if he didn't see him as the future.

As in can't assure him of much first team football as others have said.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 19, 2020, 05:29:21 pm by drfchound »

As in can't assure him of much first team football as others have said.

Yeah, I agree on that.
With our likely smaller squad though (than in previous seasons) and the likelihood of lots of games, particularly in the early part of the season, I would think he would have been deployed through necessity.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 19, 2020, 06:19:19 pm by idler »
Maybe he wants a longer deal?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 19, 2020, 07:05:26 pm by drfchound »
Maybe you are right idler.
It doesn’t sound too promising down Cheltenham way though.
On the other hand, the Cheltenham manager might be playing mind games.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 19, 2020, 07:15:42 pm by idler »
I think that at this time it's like blind man's bluff. Uncharted territory as far as trying to look into the future goes. Nobody knows for certain how long before we are anywhere near getting back to normal plus the firms that advertise with us and sponsor the team must be cutting back. I'm glad that I'm not trying to sort out any team's budget at the minute.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 19, 2020, 07:53:25 pm by vaya »
I think that at this time it's like blind man's bluff. Uncharted territory as far as trying to look into the future goes. Nobody knows for certain how long before we are anywhere near getting back to normal plus the firms that advertise with us and sponsor the team must be cutting back. I'm glad that I'm not trying to sort out any team's budget at the minute.

Ditto. At the minute I can't see this season being anything other than a damage limitation excercise for the lower leagues.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 19, 2020, 08:17:19 pm by Janso »

Ditto. At the minute I can't see this season being anything other than a damage limitation excercise for the lower leagues.

To some it'll still just be the club being tight Kitsons with no ambition though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 19, 2020, 10:17:31 pm by drfchound »
We don’t even know if we will get to see the whole season played out.
A big second wave of Covid in the winter could see to that.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 19, 2020, 11:38:33 pm by Janso »
We don’t even know if we will get to see the whole season played out.
A big second wave of Covid in the winter could see to that.

At least the big clubs will get that winter break they've been clamouring for...  :coat:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 20, 2020, 04:25:51 am by since-1969 »
At Cheltenham and will play for them in a friendly tonight with Alfie May..I think thats the end of that one by the looks..

i think we all know Tony Blair should be on trial

never say never ....... we live in hope !!

Oh ...and you’ll be saying next  that the 45k+ dead here in the U.K. Boris Johnson isn’t  responsible  . Numpty !!!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 21, 2020, 08:16:58 am by Metalmicky »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 21, 2020, 08:30:16 am by idler »
That will add 30-45 minutes to his journey time from Coventry if he signs for City.
No mention of it from my City supporting mates in the pub yesterday.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 03, 2020, 07:05:05 pm by thumper »
Offered a contract by Cheltenham now

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 03, 2020, 07:09:54 pm by idler »
Good luck to hi if that's where he wants to go. He's been very good here in his stay.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012