Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 10:03:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: iFollow tech help  (Read 4471 times)

Sarge

• Forum Member
iFollow tech help
« on September 17, 2020, 11:17:28 am by Sarge »
Watched the MK Dons game on ifollow last week on the iPad. It was alright but would have been better on the TV.

Looked into some ipad to HDMI cables to connect up to the TV as it doesn’t look like I’ll be going to a game anytime soon. Some support some apps but not others, does anyone hook up there iPad to TV on here and watch iFollow

Does anyone have any advice they can give on the matter

Any help would be great appreciated

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
Re: iFollow tech help
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2020, 11:40:58 am by RoverAtUni »
It should be as simple as plugging the cables in and switching over to the correct HDMI port on your TV.

Just don't forget you must get a lightning port to HDMI converter. Then use the HDMI cable through that.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2020, 11:52:03 am by Metalmicky »
It should be as simple as plugging the cables in and switching over to the correct HDMI port on your TV.

Just don't forget you must get a lightning port to HDMI converter. Then use the HDMI cable through that.

Like this........ I assume?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Adapter-MOYAGOA-Certified-Connector-White/dp/B08HRKJPHN/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=lightning+to+hdmi&qid=1600339782&sr=8-6

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2020, 12:10:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Now I’ve tried the unit above(brother in laws) I also bought cable which as HDMi port for iPad and usb for power. Both work on videos of the games but will not work on the live game. I also tried Chromecast does not allow you to cast from the iPad from chrome or the ifollow app. Last resort this weekend I’ve got my Apple TV unit back from my daughter it cast video from the app once on the screen will see if it will cast the live game on Saturday. So to answer your question as of yet I’ve not found a particular method to watch live game from iPad to TV.

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2020, 01:41:39 pm by RoverAtUni »

Like this........ I assume?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Adapter-MOYAGOA-Certified-Connector-White/dp/B08HRKJPHN/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=lightning+to+hdmi&qid=1600339782&sr=8-6

Exactly that.

I can 99% guarantee that will work. It should plug in a play. It will be an exact mirror image of what is on the i-pad.

Warwickshire Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2020, 01:42:53 pm by Warwickshire Red »
Now I’ve tried the unit above(brother in laws) I also bought cable which as HDMi port for iPad and usb for power. Both work on videos of the games but will not work on the live game. I also tried Chromecast does not allow you to cast from the iPad from chrome or the ifollow app. Last resort this weekend I’ve got my Apple TV unit back from my daughter it cast video from the app once on the screen will see if it will cast the live game on Saturday. So to answer your question as of yet I’ve not found a particular method to watch live game from iPad to TV.
I have tried the Apple TV with no success.  Granted it is the version 1 Apple TV so if be interested to see how you get on with it.  The only way I have been able to watch it on the tv is from laptop to tv via HDMI cable on the iFollow website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2020, 01:47:04 pm by RoverAtUni »
Just a heads up guys. You will not be able to cast from any device whatsoever. There is a ban on casting live games from phones to tv.

So if you wish to use any apple i-pads or i-phones to watch on your TV you must get a lighting port to HDMI converter ie; the one metalmicky posted.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:50:00 pm by RoverAtUni »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2020, 01:56:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
Yes but I’ve tried that and can’t watch the game live from the app so did yours work live from DRFC ifollow website?

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2020, 02:16:11 pm by RoverAtUni »
I use mine through my i-Phone. The app works and in theory so should the website. Though i have not checked that out. Perhaps try logging into ifollow on the safari browser instead?

I've not had any problems with it. So i'm stuck for a solution. Steve do the live games not work at all on your app?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2020, 02:56:07 pm by deebee »
This has been flogged to death on other threads. You can cast to Chromecast if you follow the advice under ifollow query question. I have done it have lots of others and it works.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2020, 03:03:32 pm by bedale rover »
This has been flogged to death on other threads. You can cast to Chromecast if you follow the advice under ifollow query question. I have done it have lots of others and it works.

Didn't for me

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 17, 2020, 03:03:52 pm by adamtherover »
with the chrome cast, are you clicking on the cast icon to use the apps native function, that might be the issue.  Go to Google home app, click on your network name, then cast screen,  it will mirror your screen regardless of content to the TV..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2020, 03:06:03 pm by adamtherover »

Didn't for me
has my answer above answers the question or maybe give a possible solution.  This is how I watched it.  Had the game playing live on the phone via the Web browser, then just cast the screen using Google home.. Seemlessly....

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2020, 03:31:21 pm by Donny Viking »
Answer for apple device users (I think)

If you download the iffolow app and then link to TV via HDMI adapter - it will not work (at least it wouldn't for me). I think similar to the sky go app it blocks the picture transfer for copywrite issues. you get sound but no picture

However not tried this but... if you don't download the app and watch iffolow via chrome or safari browser on your device then you may be able to transfer via adapter as there is no app to block picture transfer.

If you have the app on your device and open in chrome or safari it will automatically open the app when you try to watch so you will need to delete the app to watch it this way,

Unless someone can tell me how - I cannot get my phone or ipad iffollow app to picture on tv using the adapter mentioned above, but the adapter works fine on everything else (other than sky go).

RoverAtUni

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2020, 03:38:37 pm by RoverAtUni »
Casting shouldn't work at all. Its casting that is prohibited because of the EFL's broadcasting deal.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2020, 04:08:48 pm by Pancho Regan »

Didn't for me

Nor me.

Can't be done from an i-pad, there is no 'cast' option on the drop-down menu.

A trusty HDMI cable from my lap-top (not i-pad) to TV was the only thing that worked for me.

Sarge

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2020, 06:00:49 pm by Sarge »
Cheers everyone for the replies

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 17, 2020, 06:18:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Looking at all the tech stuff talked about on this thread I'm sure this is a daft question but since it hasn't been mentioned above I'll ask it...  Smart TV with internet browser.  if you browse to the Rovers website and navigate to the match in the same way you would on your computer shouldn't that work?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 17, 2020, 06:24:38 pm by rich1471 »
no i does not work trying just to go through you smart tv to watch game

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2020, 06:25:12 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Thanks rich.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2020, 06:50:17 pm by deebee »
As I don't have anything Apple, please can someone who does tell me if you can have the Google Chrome browser on their.? If the answer is yes then I have the solution > if the answer is no, then hard luck you should have gone with Android.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2020, 07:03:04 pm by karldew »
Anyone with a Firestick struggling to stream, follow the instructions below...  :scarf:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 17, 2020, 07:06:32 pm by RoversAlias »
As I don't have anything Apple, please can someone who does tell me if you can have the Google Chrome browser on their.? If the answer is yes then I have the solution > if the answer is no, then hard luck you should have gone with Android.

You can have Google Chrome on any Android device or Microsoft browser, it is a download able browser app - I have it on my Android phone and my Windows laptop.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2020, 07:42:47 pm by idler »
If you know the right person you can get a box that will stream just about any ifollow game plus the usual Sky,BT,Bein etc and all Sky Channels.
Watch the game and make a donation to the Rovers later.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2020, 08:36:34 pm by adamtherover »
Casting shouldn't work at all. Its casting that is prohibited because of the EFL's broadcasting deal.
erm..  I casted on satdi.  Worked a dream...

covdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 17, 2020, 09:08:13 pm by covdrfc »
You can airplay it from your iPad to your tv. I did this on Saturday and worked really well.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2020, 09:15:42 pm by Filo »
You can airplay it from your iPad to your tv. I did this on Saturday and worked really well.

When I tried that I just got a black screen

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 18, 2020, 09:03:16 am by Donny Viking »

Did you airplay from the app or directly from chrome?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 18, 2020, 10:44:23 am by steve@dcfd »
I have used airplay from iPad to Apple TV box firing the app using one of the replay videos. Put it on the iPad first then mirrored the screen. But as yet not done it from a live match.

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 18, 2020, 11:00:52 am by bigallan »
Why don't you just get a firestick pay £40 for the year and get IPTV service all follow games are on there DM if you want more advice

TinyPortal © 2005-2012