Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:56:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Test and Trace App  (Read 15758 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: NHS Test and Trace App
« Reply #180 on October 14, 2020, 09:50:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The stupidity shown by students in Liverpool last night beggars belief!

Close Liverpool University, and cancel all courses there, that will show them not to f**k about and set an example to other university cities

I know you can't say everyone in such a group is this or that, however it does look like the 20-30 age group in the main are the main culprits in dragging this on and they are the ones doing all the moaning.

After those young people went on the rampage at 10pm in York I wrote on here how young people were being disrespectful and likely to,pass COVID on to parents and grandparents.
I remember getting told that we should offer more humility to the young and give them a bit of slack.
Apparently we should acknowledge the sacrifices they are have made and are continuing to make.

No we should judge all young people as idiots because a few idiots acted like so in Liverpool last night.

Life is bloody tough for young people right now.  I thought it was tough graduating after the last major recession and it was, jobs were scarce and it was a nightmare. But it's even worse now. They will graduate and be competing with hundreds for one job, they have no income now, no assets to fall back on, can't enjoy their youth while they have it and many students particularly in their first year are away from home with no friends or family around.  That doesn't excuse those in Liverpool last night but they are such a small % of young people in a super tough time, some of which are probably struggling to understand the world at the minute.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on October 14, 2020, 10:22:23 pm by drfchound »
The stupidity shown by students in Liverpool last night beggars belief!

Close Liverpool University, and cancel all courses there, that will show them not to f**k about and set an example to other university cities

I know you can't say everyone in such a group is this or that, however it does look like the 20-30 age group in the main are the main culprits in dragging this on and they are the ones doing all the moaning.

After those young people went on the rampage at 10pm in York I wrote on here how young people were being disrespectful and likely to,pass COVID on to parents and grandparents.
I remember getting told that we should offer more humility to the young and give them a bit of slack.
Apparently we should acknowledge the sacrifices they are have made and are continuing to make.

No we should judge all young people as idiots because a few idiots acted like so in Liverpool last night.

Life is bloody tough for young people right now.  I thought it was tough graduating after the last major recession and it was, jobs were scarce and it was a nightmare. But it's even worse now. They will graduate and be competing with hundreds for one job, they have no income now, no assets to fall back on, can't enjoy their youth while they have it and many students particularly in their first year are away from home with no friends or family around.  That doesn't excuse those in Liverpool last night but they are such a small % of young people in a super tough time, some of which are probably struggling to understand the world at the minute.

I think I heard that the highest infection rates are in the 19 to 29 age range.
They aren’t all students I wouldn’t think.
I know that all young people aren’t idiots but that age range above do seem to be the ones who have least regard for the rules.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on October 14, 2020, 10:26:26 pm by Janso »
On the other hand, young people are also most likely to be working in retail or hospitality, ergo more exposed to the general public than most.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on October 14, 2020, 10:34:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Young people are the very ones who were encouraged to get back out into pubs. It was inevitable that would lead to increases in infections. None of us act 100% sensibly when we've had a few pints.

It's young people who were told to go back to universities where they live in multiple occupancy houses or in packed halls of residence, which seems to be where the most virulent breeding grounds have been.

But some perspective is needed here. Even in the worst hit places it's only a tiny percentage of young people who have caught the virus. I cannot remember the last time I saw a 20 year old in Sheffield not wearing a mask in shops or takeaways. And I can't say that about older people. Yes there have been some idiots highlighted in the media but it needs keeping in proportion.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on October 14, 2020, 10:45:01 pm by drfchound »
Things must be different in Donny then BST.
I have seen lots of younger people in shops who haven't been wearing masks.
The local Hermes shop keeper tells me that that age group are the biggest culprits for disregarding the rules in his establishment.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on October 14, 2020, 11:36:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I blame the parents.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on October 15, 2020, 05:11:39 am by Padge_DRFC »
Still can't believe Liverpool is the first place to get hit with it bad. Least scruffiest, hardest working law abiding citizens in the UK

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on October 15, 2020, 06:51:26 am by Donnywolf »
Dido has a band of helpers to deliver a world beating T+T system;
https://twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1315685205240315904/photo/1

Are these a relevant group to the task, better than the existing local networks?

That could be a great name for an 60's rock band. Dido and The Ditherers.

Jonny Johnson and the Bandwagon were of course real and featured some very appropriate song titles :

Blame it on the Pony Express (you've blamed everything else)

You Blew Your Cool And Lost You Fool (OK Guilty I deleted 1 letter)

Lets hang on

Breakin' Down The Walls of Heartache

In the bad BAD old days
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:53:52 am by Donnywolf »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on October 15, 2020, 09:34:05 am by idler »
This might be more appropriate.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on October 15, 2020, 09:57:04 am by Donnywolf »
I know 3 Bell ends is short and snappy but maybe it could have been 103 bell or belle ends

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on October 15, 2020, 11:49:21 am by Axholme Lion »
  Lot's of educated idiots on show in Liverpool last night, perhaps you could give a speech for them Dennis.

Exactly my point Selby. Those educated idiots should have been doing their university studies at home online and not in Liverpool!

Does anyone know the percentage of students who go to University to learn anything, or is it just for booze, sex and drugs?  :)

I guess you don't mix much with new graduates. I do through work and the ones I work with are miles more professional, better educated and more committed to hard work than my generation was.

I did in my previous role working for a large multinational and I can't say I was over impressed with the individuals I met and worked alongside , but that may have just been the type which that company employed.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on October 15, 2020, 05:13:57 pm by Janso »
Still can't believe Liverpool is the first place to get hit with it bad. Least scruffiest, hardest working law abiding citizens in the UK

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&city1=Manchester&country2=United+Kingdom&city2=Liverpool

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on October 15, 2020, 05:34:19 pm by ravenrover »
My daughter had cause to venture into Nottingham yesterday as part of her work, in the main it was very quiet but sadly where it was busy it mainly consisted of young people not wearing masks or social distancing, there is no wonder the figures are going through the roof in the City

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on October 15, 2020, 06:38:28 pm by drfchound »
My daughter had cause to venture into Nottingham yesterday as part of her work, in the main it was very quiet but sadly where it was busy it mainly consisted of young people not wearing masks or social distancing, there is no wonder the figures are going through the roof in the City

On my way back home today at school leaving time, kids were getting on the busses and all were wearing masks........until they got to their seats and then about half of them took the mask off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on October 15, 2020, 07:17:59 pm by Filo »
Apparently 3 cases of covid, at Ash Hill Academy (Hatfield School), loads of kids sent home to isolate

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on October 15, 2020, 07:20:10 pm by drfchound »
The ones I saw were from Hunger Hill at Edenthorpe.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on October 16, 2020, 11:30:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So the Serco TTTI system appears to be unravelling. Experts say it is vital that results are turned round in 24 hours. Johnson promised in June that 100% would be. But it's currently running at 1/3rd. And to compound that, the system.is not tracing anywhere near as big a percentage of contacts of positive cases as experts say we need to do to make a difference.

Still, it's an ill wind, eh?
https://mobile.twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/1316810396632838145

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on October 16, 2020, 11:52:53 am by SydneyRover »
You are talking about moonshot bst?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on October 16, 2020, 04:12:12 pm by drfchound »
Apparently 3 cases of covid, at Ash Hill Academy (Hatfield School), loads of kids sent home to isolate

I was told today that one of those kids has infected his parents and grandparents.
The grandparents, in their eighties, have been admitted to hospital.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on October 16, 2020, 04:18:11 pm by Axholme Lion »

I was told today that one of those kids has infected his parents and grandparents.

I hope they're happy with themselves now.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on October 16, 2020, 04:38:09 pm by Janso »
Today I got a notification of contact with a positive.

Only, it doesn't tell me where, or when, the apparent contact was. I drive from Doncaster on the road way to Scunthorpe every weekday, so it could be absolutely anyone I've driven past the house of, and I've absolutely no idea. How do I see this information?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on October 16, 2020, 04:55:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Today I got a notification of contact with a positive.

Only, it doesn't tell me where, or when, the apparent contact was. I drive from Doncaster on the road way to Scunthorpe every weekday, so it could be absolutely anyone I've driven past the house of, and I've absolutely no idea. How do I see this information?
It sounds like another one of those stupid phantom messages that I keep getting. If it was just a notification that flashed up, and it vanished when you tapped on it, ignore it. It's an error. If you genuinely have been in contact with a case (and apparently the app is picking up next to zero examples of that) then the app main screen with have details of what you must now do. If they aren't there, you can ignore it.

Bit of a chuffing shambles for £10bn int it?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on October 16, 2020, 05:11:11 pm by turnbull for england »

And thats the crux isnt it , its not just about 'you'
Mrs TfE and me have just cancelled a long planned night away , not for us  as we are happy with hotel and the short travel arrangments , but child care means or just turned 15 lad would be at his grandparents for the night

Rules or no rules,  now its escalating  we cannot  bear the thought  that he might take  something from school  into their house  just so we can have night out, how would you live with yourself after that ?         

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on October 17, 2020, 11:30:26 am by albie »
As contact tracing gets worse by the week, down to 62% from the minimum 80% in order to work, some consultants are coining it with handouts from the Treasury;
https://news.sky.com/story/five-person-team-get-25k-a-day-to-work-on-test-and-trace-system-12105042

Contact tracing only succeeds if you get in touch with people quickly, without false positives, and they act to isolate in response.

Some of the notifications people have received might be to do with this;
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/contact-tracing-app-notification-bluetooth

Banana Republic you say......if only we were that good!
We would give it all to be a Banana Republic these days.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on October 18, 2020, 06:25:50 am by Donnywolf »

And thats the crux isnt it , its not just about 'you'
Mrs TfE and me have just cancelled a long planned night away , not for us  as we are happy with hotel and the short travel arrangments , but child care means or just turned 15 lad would be at his grandparents for the night

Rules or no rules,  now its escalating  we cannot  bear the thought  that he might take  something from school  into their house  just so we can have night out, how would you live with yourself after that ?         

Commendable - people should do the right thing - but mostly these days you notice more and more of the "eff you Jack Im OK" whether that is Parking on Yellow Lines or in Handicapped Parking places or using Mobile blatantly in view of everyone while driving - and of course with the Covid rules though it was not helped by Cummings and the others who openly took "the p**s" when the rules were at there SIMPLEST to understand

As a result it seems the Virus is spreading fast and I am informed Thorne is awash with it. I now know people who have it - the Schools are really affected despite Johnson staining everything to keep them open - and this was all exacerbated by a Coach load who went to Blackpool from the Thorne area and it is aid that 30 if them now have the Virus and are self isolating.

What were they thinking ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on October 18, 2020, 07:39:20 am by SydneyRover »
I was at a meeting the other night and had a call from one to tell us he was late and had given someone a lift to a friend the day before that had mild cold symptoms and sat in the back, all connected people were isolating with the 'lift' getting tested. All wore masks in the car.

Our meeting went ahead with the driver sat on a couch well away from us around the table and the lift got a positive negative (neg) result the next day, it's how it should work even with few cases around.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on October 18, 2020, 08:23:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
Young people are the very ones who were encouraged to get back out into pubs. It was inevitable that would lead to increases in infections. None of us act 100% sensibly when we've had a few pints.

And they'll be the ones who are all coming out of a row of pubs like Silver Street at 10pm together due to that ridiculous rule.

I'm at the very top end of the young people bracket so know numerous people in it and 90% of the ones I know do follow the rules but one of my better friends doesn't wear a mask unless he's made to and when I was having a chat with him the other week says he's not worried about it because he'll personally be fine if he catches it as he's a fairly fit 31 year old, I did point out that is a selfish take on it as you're then giving it to -
His wife
His parents
His in-laws
His kids, one of which goes to school
Me
My family, including grandparent.

There's a small population over all age ranges that don't see the bigger picture. You're not just protecting yourself, you're protecting the ones you care about too as one of them may not be able to handle it like you.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on October 18, 2020, 08:31:54 am by Janso »
And it can also do long term damage regardless of how fit and healthy you may be...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on October 18, 2020, 08:51:16 am by Donnywolf »
.... and one day your Mate will be in the very vulnerable group say 60 plus or have an underlyimg medical condition that will make him a realy high risk

This virus wont be the last I am guessing so in 40+ years there will be something similar I guess and there will be your mate wondering why all the kids in the Street are running about mixing with one another - and the ones 18 plus are going to the Pubs and Clubs ... because they think they are not at risk

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on October 18, 2020, 11:06:53 am by EasyforDennis »
And it can also do long term damage regardless of how fit and healthy you may be...

And unfortunately you can't educate pork.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012