Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:12:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worst 45 mins in 20 years  (Read 2937 times)

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
Worst 45 mins in 20 years
« on November 21, 2020, 03:58:50 pm by Michael Gibson »
What on earth was that??? Looks like we’re scared of Sunderland as usual, and absolutely nothing offered anywhere, these were there for the taking, big 2nd half needed boys!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Worst 45 mins in 20 years
« Reply #1 on November 21, 2020, 04:04:49 pm by dknward2 »
If we can do the exact opposite of what we did in the first half we can get something from this

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 21, 2020, 04:12:59 pm by elmsallrover »
Time to build for next season

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 21, 2020, 04:14:48 pm by Janso »
What a ridiculous statement. Yes it was shite but there's been much worse halves in the last two decades. Get a grip.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 21, 2020, 04:24:52 pm by Chris the Rover »
Not the worst by a long chalk. Just very very poor.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 21, 2020, 04:47:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Absolutely dire. Lumley looks an upgrade. Midfield and attack may as well have stayed in bed when the alarm went off this morning. Pass completion rate looks like it was between 1-2 per cent.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 21, 2020, 04:59:36 pm by Draytonian III »
What on earth was that??? Looks like we’re scared of Sunderland as usual, and absolutely nothing offered anywhere, these were there for the taking, big 2nd half needed boys!!!

Trust me mate it’s not, I could list you a dozen starting with Bournemouth away with Nic Priet starring

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 21, 2020, 05:00:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Worst 45 mins in 20 yrs.
Which planet are you from Michael Gibson.

Shows how many games you have been to in last 20 yrs.
Or if you have been to many you have watched some with your eyes closed.

Perspective needed. We were not playing against Frickley Athletic were we.
No disrespect to Frickley intended.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:03:42 pm by Campsall rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 21, 2020, 05:04:29 pm by silent majority »
Michael only appears when there's something negative to say, believe me, he's not been here much, if at all this season.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:50:56 pm by silent majority »

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 21, 2020, 05:13:01 pm by Michael Gibson »
Yet againSM has a pop at any of my posts which clearly was my honest opinion, the guy obviously has an issue with people moaning about how shite some things are ... ie the first half... we all know the guys a puppet but to constantly accuse people of negativity just because of opinion is bang out of order.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 21, 2020, 05:19:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Yet againSM has a pop at any of my posts which clearly was my honest opinion, the guy obviously has an issue with people moaning about how shite some things are ... ie the first half... we all know the guys a puppet but to constantly accuse people of negativity just because of opinion is bang out of order.
Where are you when we play well?

Nothing more needs saying.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 21, 2020, 05:22:53 pm by Colin C No.3 »
1-1.

The floor is yours Michael.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 21, 2020, 05:25:01 pm by EasyforDennis »
1-1.

The floor is yours Michael.

Doesn't change the fact that we were shite though does it?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 21, 2020, 05:36:42 pm by Michael Gibson »
I’m not here to argue I simply raised a point and yet again the Nick Hancock of drfc jumps in with his little mans tirade.....if the moderators had anything about them he should be banned just like others have been. I didn’t slag anyone off, accuse anyone, just stated it was the worst 45 I’ve ever seen, just because he doesn’t agree there’s no need to make it public with snide comments.... a good point in the end spooky by a little boy

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 21, 2020, 05:41:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I take it the OP didn't watch many matches in the winter of 2016 then?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 21, 2020, 05:48:49 pm by Draytonian III »
Or what about the “experiment season “ some of that was shocking, but we have to concede to his better judgment and his personal attack on SM . Who before Mr Gibson says anything I don’t know and don’t always agree with.
Over to you Mr Gibson

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 21, 2020, 05:56:35 pm by scawsby steve »
Anyone who makes a personal attack on a bloke who gives up hours and hours of his time for no financial reward, just to keep us all well informed, isn't even worthy of his posts being taken seriously.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 21, 2020, 06:03:19 pm by since-1969 »
Sunderland gave us a football lesson but we still got a point , move on .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 21, 2020, 06:10:02 pm by EasyforDennis »
Sunderland gave us a football lesson but we still got a point , move on .

No debates allowed then?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 21, 2020, 06:54:34 pm by silent majority »

You need to read my post again, I wasn't having a pop at you, that would be far too easy, I was pointing out to other posters that you only appear when there's something negative to say, which is the truth.

I know you're trying to insult me, but a puppet? Is that the best you've got? Ha ha.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 21, 2020, 07:07:48 pm by sha66y »
I think that Michael spoke the truth as he sees it, just because it doesn’t fit with a few others opinion doesn’t make it wrong, which is what a lot of you are trying to do....( pack mentality)

It was a shocking display of poor decision making and terrible passing...players played out of position is the cause for this....

Let’s have a little honesty here and perhaps a poll!

Who thinks DMs decision to play John at left back over James or Amos is a bad decision.......yes or no?

If you were to be honest I’m sure the percentages would reflect how a lot are feeling....regarding this issue

we used to rave about our back four and gush at how lucky we are to have a solid unit that gets up and down the flanks.....

now someone please tell me why John should be at left back instead of James

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 21, 2020, 07:26:54 pm by Campsall rover »
I think that Michael spoke the truth as he sees it, just because it doesn’t fit with a few others opinion doesn’t make it wrong, which is what a lot of you are trying to do....( pack mentality)

It was a shocking display of poor decision making and terrible passing...players played out of position is the cause for this....

Who thinks DMs decision to play John at left back over James or Amos is a bad decision.......yes or no?

If you were to be honest I’m sure the percentages would reflect how a lot are feeling....regarding this issue

we used to rave about our back four and gush at how lucky we are to have a solid unit that gets up and down the flanks.....

Your missing the point. There is being negative & there is being NEGATIVE!!!

Yes most of us don’t think CJ should be left back. That nearly all of us i think are agreed on.

But let’s be honest shall we. Yes let’s. Some people only post when we don’t win. Some people take great delight in finding as many negatives as they possibly can about the Manager, players, board & Club in general. FACT.

All opinions are ok of course, that’s what the forum is for but those of us who like to see the positives are also allowed to vent our opinions about the negative ones. YES i think so.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 21, 2020, 07:28:10 pm by EasyforDennis »

I think you are spot on but I'm afraid there are some on here who would agree with DM if he played the tea lady at left back.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 21, 2020, 07:41:32 pm by Campsall rover »
I think that Michael spoke the truth as he sees it, just because it doesn%u2019t fit with a few others opinion doesn%u2019t make it wrong, which is what a lot of you are trying to do....( pack mentality)

Let%u2019s have a little honesty here and perhaps a poll!

If you were to be honest I%u2019m sure the percentages would reflect how a lot are feeling....regarding this issue

I think you are spot on but I'm afraid there are some on here who would agree with DM if he played the tea lady at left back.
I have not seen any support recently for DMs decision to play CJ at left back, have you?
Do not know why he does not play Amos at LB personally, if he wants to play James in midfield.

The inconsistency of some comments annoys me.
Today apparently James is not a midfield player but when we won with him playing there he is an excellent midfielder.

Let us face it, we had 7 players today who were well below their best. Let us be thankful we dug out a point.
On another day with 7 players having a mare we would have lost 3/4/5 nil
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:19:33 pm by Campsall rover »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 21, 2020, 07:48:26 pm by sha66y »

Your missing the point. There is being negative & there is being NEGATIVE!!!

Yes most of us don’t think CJ should be left back. That nearly all of us i think are agreed on.

But let’s be honest shall we. Yes let’s. Some people only post when we don’t win. Some people take great delight in finding as many negatives as they possibly can about the Manager, players, board & Club in general. FACT.

All opinions are ok of course, that’s what the forum is for but those of us who like to see the positives are also allowed to vent our opinions about the negative ones. YES i think so.

You say “ MOST” don’t think John should be playing in the left back position.....I’m yet to read or hear ANYONE saying that he should be there!

So a different angle to look at this is : why is he constantly being played there when it’s not is preferred position....is it because the Manager thinks he is a better player, or is he naively showing a favouritism based on a previous loyalty ?

Might be a bit tough to answer that one, but this is a fans forum for asking and answering questions that aren’t necessarily gonna fall in the comfort zone....

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 21, 2020, 07:52:15 pm by donnievic »
Wow it was bad but by Christ not that bad lol

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 21, 2020, 07:55:51 pm by sha66y »
Wow it was bad but by Christ not that bad lol

Interesting comment,

How was it bad for you?

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 21, 2020, 07:56:41 pm by The Beast »
I said this on Lucky Pint and I’ll say it again, I think Sunderland were terrific first half, they didn’t let us play at all. Sometimes you’ve just got to accept the other team was better.
Not sure myself about John at left back, maybe Moore prefers to have a bit more height for set pieces, especially with Sunderland being a very big side. I can remember Gareth Roberts, in the SOD era, great going forward but his opposite number would sneak a goal every other week from a set piece.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 21, 2020, 08:07:49 pm by scawsby steve »
I said this on Lucky Pint and I’ll say it again, I think Sunderland were terrific first half, they didn’t let us play at all. Sometimes you’ve just got to accept the other team was better.
Not sure myself about John at left back, maybe Moore prefers to have a bit more height for set pieces, especially with Sunderland being a very big side. I can remember Gareth Roberts, in the SOD era, great going forward but his opposite number would sneak a goal every other week from a set piece.

According to their forum, their fans don't agree with you.

They think their side is sh*te.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 21, 2020, 08:21:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Hey, don't underestimate twinkletoes Mavis! She can move let me tell ya, and she'll play for a couple of sneaky custard creams!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012