Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 06:33:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Matchday testing and tracing  (Read 6361 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Matchday testing and tracing
« on December 06, 2020, 06:03:15 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Just an observation really.

Let us hope we go into tier 2 and can have fans back at the games (we know what we need to do i.e hands face space, the 2 covid apps if you believe in that kind of thing etc)

So lets say 2000 fans attend a game and a family of 4 test positive for Covid 19.

Will D.R.F.C and likewise the other clubs be doing some form of system testing and tracing if they have been in close proximity or because the likelihood of transmitting outdoors is lower will that not be required?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Matchday testing and tracing
« Reply #1 on December 06, 2020, 06:15:23 pm by Spud »
I would guess the measures will make it a covid safe environment?
I think test & trace is about who you've been in close contact with for 15 minutes or more? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't imagine that if someone tests positive then everyone who was in Aldi with em that day would be asked to isolate.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 06, 2020, 06:20:40 pm by EasyforDennis »
I think test & trace is about who you've been in close contact with for 15 minutes or more? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't imagine that if someone tests positive then everyone who was in Aldi with em that day would be asked to isolate.

But you are highly unlikely to be in close contact with anyone in a supermarket for longer than 15 minutes. Whereas you could be sat near someone for 90 minutes.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 06, 2020, 06:45:18 pm by drfchound »
Am I right in saying that fans back in the ground are not allowed to chant and sing?
Some of the ones I saw on MOTD were disobeying those rules.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 06, 2020, 06:50:15 pm by Spud »

But you are highly unlikely to be in close contact with anyone in a supermarket for longer than 15 minutes. Whereas you could be sat near someone for 90 minutes.

Not within 2 metres you're not, that's the point, other than your bubble.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 06, 2020, 07:02:13 pm by EasyforDennis »

Have you seen any of the games that have fans allowed in? Social distancing? Mask wearing? errrrr

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 06, 2020, 07:19:08 pm by adamtherover »
They seem to cram 2k fans together, with acres of empty seats elsewhere?

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 06, 2020, 07:26:45 pm by Spud »

Have you seen any of the games that have fans allowed in? Social distancing? Mask wearing? errrrr

From what I've seen most are wearing masks. The seats are allocated so bubbles are kept apart but I have seen clips where people seem to be gathered together, worryingly, so I take your point on that.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 06, 2020, 08:02:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Am I right in saying that fans back in the ground are not allowed to chant and sing?
Some of the ones I saw on MOTD were disobeying those rules.
Spurs fans were making plenty of noise this afternoon.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 06, 2020, 09:15:15 pm by ravenrover »
I believe you only have to wear a face mask when walking around not when you are in your seat

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 06, 2020, 09:20:51 pm by EasyforDennis »
They are compulsory at all times inside Premiership grounds. Don't know about EFL.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 06, 2020, 10:10:51 pm by Scooter »
Lots of Northampton fans behind the goal not wearing masks

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 06, 2020, 10:31:50 pm by the vicar »
If they have any sense they all would use them

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 07, 2020, 04:27:16 pm by sha66y »
Unless they have breathing difficulties of course ..... is all bubble schmubble to me ...

Only the healthy should be allowed in...if you have had any shielding issues or self isolation due to ill health issues ya can bloody stop at hom,
and let those prime beef full on healthy supporters under 60 years of age get on with clapping and cheering and hugging when we score

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 04:30:48 pm by sha66y »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 07, 2020, 04:54:17 pm by EasyforDennis »
Unless they have breathing difficulties of course ..... is all bubble schmubble to me ...

Only the healthy should be allowed in...if you have had any shielding issues or self isolation due to ill health issues ya can bloody stop at hom,
and let those prime beef full on healthy supporters under 60 years of age get on with clapping and cheering and hugging when we score

Yep and then go home to infect all their friends and relatives.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 08, 2020, 10:48:11 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

If you have breathing difficulties you should be isolating and not putting your life at risk.

PDS01

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 08, 2020, 11:03:08 am by PDS01 »
I’ve been to Gainsborough trinity a fair few times since higher league football ended. We had to either scan the qr code to check in on the nhs app or provide contact details.

That was for crowds of 4-500

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 08, 2020, 12:31:53 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Nob.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 08, 2020, 01:49:46 pm by silent majority »
Do all supporters have to wear face coverings?

Supporters must wear face coverings when entering and exiting the stadium and in all communal areas of the ground i.e. indoor toilet, internal concourse areas etc. It is mandatory for supporters to wear face coverings in hospitality areas and they can only be removed when consuming food and drink.In accordance with the Government Guidance, it is strongly recommended that face covers are worn at all times inside the stadium bowl. This should form part of the Supporters’ Code of Conduct. Clubs will also need to consider where there may be any specific exemptions, based on individual circumstances. Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances. Some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/covid-19/return-of-fans-faq-updated-1st-december-2020---full-document-1.pdf

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 08, 2020, 01:59:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Sensible SM. Would a scarf suffice? You'd think so?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 08, 2020, 02:09:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm worried about the bloke who usually sits behind me having to wear a mask during the game. Surely inhaling all that bullshit can't be any good for him?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 08, 2020, 02:39:20 pm by sha66y »

Yep and then go home to infect all their friends and relatives.

If they are all healthy prime beefers, who the hells going to catch what off whom?

We are now at herd status so chill out and wait for ya injection..lol

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 08, 2020, 02:40:40 pm by sha66y »

Nob.

Glad you survived

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 08, 2020, 02:49:13 pm by sha66y »
Do all supporters have to wear face coverings?

Supporters must wear face coverings when entering and exiting the stadium and in all communal areas of the ground i.e. indoor toilet, internal concourse areas etc. It is mandatory for supporters to wear face coverings in hospitality areas and they can only be removed when consuming food and drink.In accordance with the Government Guidance, it is strongly recommended that face covers are worn at all times inside the stadium bowl. This should form part of the Supporters’ Code of Conduct. Clubs will also need to consider where there may be any specific exemptions, based on individual circumstances. Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances. Some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/covid-19/return-of-fans-faq-updated-1st-december-2020---full-document-1.pdf

Why can’t directives and guidelines be 1 page long ?

Surely anyone who can not wear a face covering shouldn’t be allowed into the stadium for their own health ?

PDS01

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 08, 2020, 06:56:25 pm by PDS01 »
Jesus, how many times do people need to be told.

Masks are not to protect you. They are to prevent you transmitting whatever you have to others. It’s why I get angry when I see people not wearing them properly. They think they are taking the risk. They are very very wrong (and stupid)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 08, 2020, 07:01:45 pm by bobbymax »

Masks are not to protect you. They are to prevent you transmitting whatever you have to others. It’s why I get angry when I see people not wearing them properly. They think they are taking the risk. They are very very wrong (and stupid)
Unfortunately, as this forum often testifies, there are some ignorant, reckless and selfish individuals sharing this planet.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 08, 2020, 11:45:14 pm by sha66y »
And some seriously gullible ones too.....

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 08, 2020, 11:49:17 pm by sha66y »

Is there any scientific evidence to support this theory ?
I tend to get angry seeing normal educated people still wearing masks in tescos......

We all have our little foibles I guess....

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 09, 2020, 01:11:46 am by bobjimwilly »

I tend to get angry seeing normal educated people still wearing masks in tescos......

Plenty of evidence. And a little thing called google will help you find it: https://www.google.com/search?q=scientific+evidence+supporting+masks
A pretty cool video demonstration of mask v no mask here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ66wJFD3bs&ab_channel=TheSlowMoGuys

And if you still don't believe Masks can save lives, you're probably an idiot and beyond hope.
And if you're just here to wind people up, how about pack it in being a moron.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 09, 2020, 08:22:07 am by Filo »

Take away the question of if a mask works or not, would it really harm anyone to wear one while we are in the middle of a pandemic?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012