Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:27:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tullock  (Read 4013 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Tullock
« on December 17, 2020, 10:19:23 am by the vicar »
Set to return to the club next week so some good news after bad news with Sims

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Tullock
« Reply #1 on December 17, 2020, 10:35:34 am by pib »
Thought this was about caramel wafers at first.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 17, 2020, 11:03:14 am by steve@dcfd »
It actually says return in the next few weeks!!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 17, 2020, 11:26:48 am by the vicar »
Thought this was about caramel wafers at first.
wrong name mate that is Tunnocks lol

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 17, 2020, 12:01:46 pm by graingrover »
This is great news especially since he plays the same position as Josh Simms and will be hungry for games after being out since September .

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 17, 2020, 12:24:51 pm by NickDRFC »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/not-so-positive-outlook-doncaster-rovers-josh-sims-potential-future-club-3070925

“ A departure for Sims could be mitigated by the return to action of loanee Rayhaan Tulloch, who is set to rejoin Rovers for training in the next few weeks.”

I imagine he’ll be at least a month away from even making the bench so probably a bit premature to be cracking out the champagne.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 17, 2020, 01:29:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’m not holding my breath! Tulloch coming back doesn’t mean he’ll go straight back in - DM always wants to monitor them first! IF he does come back, I don’t expect him to be troubling the first team until the end of January and that’s a lot of games.

The loss of Sims will be a big hurdle to get over, he was such a presence in the final third. Perhaps we may come up with something in early January?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 17, 2020, 01:47:57 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I expect Tulloch will be fitter when he arrives back from West Brom than when we first signed him so I expect the training to be nothing more than reintegration into the squad

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 17, 2020, 03:06:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
I hope so, DVR, I really do. We need a couple of more bodies in I think, to make a decent push in 2021.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 17, 2020, 04:24:45 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I hope so, DVR, I really do. We need a couple of more bodies in I think, to make a decent push in 2021.

I doubt very much that there aren’t at least a couple of new faces brought in, in January. The amount and if they are permanent will depend on where we are, keep this run up and be in the mix and it wouldn’t surprise me to see a rabbit or two pulled out of the hat.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 17, 2020, 05:30:06 pm by scawsby steve »

I doubt very much that there aren’t at least a couple of new faces brought in, in January. The amount and if they are permanent will depend on where we are, keep this run up and be in the mix and it wouldn’t surprise me to see a rabbit or two pulled out of the hat.

That's right DVR. Our board have got good form when it comes to backing managers well in January.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 18, 2020, 12:31:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Reading the latest report online free press  by Liam Hoden it appears there is still work to do either here or West Brom to get him fit to play. Also DM to make a decision on the medical report from West Brom whether to discontinue the loan and look at a different target.
It looks due to financial constraints that it’s players out before we can get anybody in. So it’s about using the funds available to get the right players so if Rayhaan is struggling then we will have to look at a different player.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 12:39:21 pm by steve@dcfd »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 18, 2020, 12:50:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
In the meantime, we’ve 4 games to fit in before we even get to January!

No Sims or Tulloch or Gomes to pick from, which just puts more pressure, physically, on the lads who are (currently) available.

One in, one out is hardly backing the manager! Financially (under the circumstances), it may make sense but it’s hardly helping the situation, from a footballing perspective. We started with a relatively small squad and the manager’s doing his level best with what he has, but are we simply going to end up shooting ourselves in the foot?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:14:30 pm by Alan Southstand »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 18, 2020, 01:10:10 pm by Filo »

No Sims or Sterling or Gomes to pick from, which just puts more pressure, physically, on the lads who are (currently) available.

One in, one out is hardly backing the manager! Financially (under the circumstances), it may make sense but it’s hardly helping the situation, from a footballing perspective. We started with a relatively small squad and the manager’s doing his level best with what he has, but are we simply going to end up shooting ourselves in the foot?

Sterling? He’s been out a long time

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 18, 2020, 01:15:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
Brain freeze!

:blush:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 18, 2020, 01:16:06 pm by drfchound »

No Sims or Tulloch or Gomes to pick from, which just puts more pressure, physically, on the lads who are (currently) available.

In the words of the song, You can’t always get what you want.
If the club can’t afford it then we simply can’t do it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 18, 2020, 01:29:43 pm by RoversAlias »
Contradictory perhaps that Gavin says they will back the manager in January then a few days later Darren says there's not a lot available. Possibly that's some poker playing by the manager though, we shall see.

I don't think we need a lot but a replacement for Sims if he isn't coming back is a must. As obviously is a goalkeeper. I'd like to see another forward too but understand if there isn't room for one.

We really need Gomes and Tulloch back fit.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 18, 2020, 01:30:48 pm by selby »
  There is no denying how well Sims has played for us he has been great, but Taylor  won a couple of MOM's at the beginning of the season before he was injured and Lokilo is a promising young player and will not let us down I am sure.
  Although a knock to the club it is in a position we have other good players  who can make an impression and do well.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 18, 2020, 01:49:03 pm by Janso »
Contradictory perhaps that Gavin says they will back the manager in January then a few days later Darren says there's not a lot available. Possibly that's some poker playing by the manager though, we shall see.

I don't think we need a lot but a replacement for Sims if he isn't coming back is a must. As obviously is a goalkeeper. I'd like to see another forward too but understand if there isn't room for one.

We really need Gomes and Tulloch back fit.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, we can back Darren as much as possible but the extent to which that's possible be fairly limited.

On the other hand you don't want to tell the world you've got loadsamoney going into a transfer window - especially January.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 18, 2020, 02:06:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
DM says the three priorities is sorting out the Sims and  Tulloch situations and getting a goal keeper, which appears will be another loan  to the end of the season. Might even be Lumley if we can sort it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 18, 2020, 02:13:25 pm by IDM »
Reading the latest report online free press  by Liam Hoden it appears there is still work to do either here or West Brom to get him fit to play. Also DM to make a decision on the medical report from West Brom whether to discontinue the loan and look at a different target.
It looks due to financial constraints that it’s players out before we can get anybody in. So it’s about using the funds available to get the right players so if Rayhaan is struggling then we will have to look at a different player.

According to a recent report in the DFP GB was saying we don’t need departures to fund incomings, and that DM would get backing especially if we are in and around the top six..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 18, 2020, 02:15:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
Those goalposts appear to have moved, IDM.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 18, 2020, 02:21:28 pm by IDM »
In a matter of days.?

I’ll wait and see how january pans out.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 18, 2020, 02:28:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
According to the latest report from Liam Hoden in DFP the situation appears to have changed .
So IDM do you not believe what DM has told Liam Hoden
Do you think it’s mind games.

As you say we will wait and see.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 18, 2020, 02:36:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've been here before many times. We shouldn't take reports too literally. Somewhere in the middle might be true... Or it might not.

All I know is, particularly since Covid, the club have exceeded my expectations with the signings and I trust the club to do whatever they reasonably can!

Only those who'll be disappointed will be those with unrealistic expectations.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 18, 2020, 02:52:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Question because I’ve forgot is Charlie Seaman back in January or was a season long loan.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 18, 2020, 03:38:18 pm by vaya »
Question because I’ve forgot is Charlie Seaman back in January or was a season long loan.

I think it was a season, but with the ability to recall given the level he's playing at. Happy to be corrected by anyone though.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 18, 2020, 05:13:18 pm by Janso »
Season-long loans can be ended in January anyway unless there's a clause stating otherwise, I think.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 18, 2020, 08:33:43 pm by drfchound »
Getting Charlie Seaman into our squad in January would be a decent shout.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 18, 2020, 09:08:59 pm by IDM »
According to the latest report from Liam Hoden in DFP the situation appears to have changed .
So IDM do you not believe what DM has told Liam Hoden
Do you think it’s mind games.

As you say we will wait and see.

I haven’t read the latest piece yet, just going by GB very recently..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012