Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:50:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What's The Best Village In Doncaster?  (Read 8793 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: What's The Best Village In Doncaster?
« Reply #30 on December 22, 2020, 02:48:55 pm by Filo »
Has anyone ever admitted to living in Highfields? Is Jacob Rees Mogg a Councillor there? Does any one in Highfields actually know that the rest of the Country has moved on a 100 years

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 22, 2020, 02:51:12 pm by selby »
  Askern, the prettiest village in England.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 22, 2020, 02:56:44 pm by i_ateallthepies »
If Doncaster were to have an enema, where would they stick the tube, eh BB.?? ;)

Surely that would have to be Conisborough, they have (did have) a Butt Hole Lane there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 22, 2020, 02:56:52 pm by Filo »
  Askern, the prettiest village in England.

With that ugly square water tower blotting the landscape?

Askern is the boil on Norton’s arse

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 22, 2020, 02:59:03 pm by Janso »
That's not fair Filo, Askern has its good bits.

There's more than one way out.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 22, 2020, 03:01:07 pm by Filo »

We always gave the Askern lot a good hiding when they dare venture to the Hacienda back in the day

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 22, 2020, 03:37:04 pm by Axholme Lion »
If Doncaster were to have an enema, where would they stick the tube, eh BB.?? ;)

Surely that would have to be Conisborough, they have (did have) a Butt Hole Lane there.

The residents complained due to idiots standing by the sign to get their photos taken with their trollies down. I believe it is now Archer's Way or something. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to call it Butt Hole Road beggars belief. I can't think why DMBC gave it the all clear.
There is a Fanny Hands Lane in Lincolnshire.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 22, 2020, 04:08:43 pm by ravenrover »
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you..........
Highfields - the land time forgot

My Dad used to call it 'the land that God forgot'.
Pity me I used to live there ...............
Mindst you I lived in Bentley too, now which is worse?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 22, 2020, 04:11:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you..........
Highfields - the land time forgot

My Dad used to call it 'the land that God forgot'.
Pity me I used to live there ...............
Mindst you I lived in Bentley too, now which is worse?

Probably Bentley when you lived there!  ;)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 22, 2020, 04:18:43 pm by knockers »

We always gave the Askern lot a good hiding when they dare venture to the Hacienda back in the day

Filo, Did the Hacienda used to have a pool? That might be a weird question but I only went once and that’s pretty much my only memory of it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 22, 2020, 04:29:37 pm by Filo »

Filo, Did the Hacienda used to have a pool? That might be a weird question but I only went once and that’s pretty much my only memory of it.

A small one I think, the owner had two big cats around the back, I think they were Panther’s

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 22, 2020, 04:59:38 pm by knockers »
Thank god for that. For 30 years I’ve been wondering about that pool. I cycle past it regularly and try to picture it every time.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 22, 2020, 05:10:55 pm by Filo »
Thank god for that. For 30 years I’ve been wondering about that pool. I cycle past it regularly and try to picture it every time.

Hard to picture it now, its mostly took up with the Traveller site now

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 22, 2020, 05:23:34 pm by River Don »
Has anyone ever admitted to living in Highfields? Is Jacob Rees Mogg a Councillor there? Does any one in Highfields actually know that the rest of the Country has moved on a 100 years

One of the Busby Babes who died at Munich came from Highfields, David Pegg.

I don't know if it's true but I was told Bobby Charlton used to visit the village to see the Pegg family at Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:29:03 pm by River Don »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 22, 2020, 05:26:06 pm by Donnywolf »
Deffo 2 large Cats of the Lynx Leopard Cheetah type

One of my relatives looked after the place for them sometimes and showed me them.

It was cerainly a thriving place at one time - a goldmine I would have said but dont know why they quit. Sold the land ? Made enough and retired ?

Cant honestly picture the Pool (was it front left Filo) but there was a circular lake with Koi similar to the Lakeside ones in size behind and guarded by the Lynx or whatever

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 22, 2020, 05:29:50 pm by Donnywolf »

One of the Busby Babes came from Highfields, David Pegg.

I don't know if it's true but I was told Bobby Charlton used to visit the village to see the Pegg family at Christmas.

I seem to remember playing Highfields for my Stainy School Team. We beat them 9-3 at home and I got my first goal of the Season from right half

Cant remember the away game score but I am sure the pitch had terraced houses behind each goal and years later I played for an adult Team and sure that was on the same pitch

Help me out somebody lol

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 22, 2020, 05:32:41 pm by Donnywolf »
I reckon it was on here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.5554243,-1.1845062,108m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

There is a bigger pitch to the left as well - but for nippers 11 ish that would be an ideal size and we couldnt break the windows with rocket shots either at that age

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 22, 2020, 05:44:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Hard to picture it now, its mostly took up with the Traveller site now

There you go....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 22, 2020, 05:46:44 pm by Filo »

One of my relatives looked after the place for them sometimes and showed me them.

It was cerainly a thriving place at one time - a goldmine I would have said but dont know why they quit. Sold the land ? Made enough and retired ?

Cant honestly picture the Pool (was it front left Filo) but there was a circular lake with Koi similar to the Lakeside ones in size behind and guarded by the Lynx or whatever

It was a strange place, free and easy on the organ for the pensioners until 10:30pm, then after that nightclub, with plenty of fighting, strippers and beer, nearly all young uns out drinking in Stainy ended up in the Hacienda, the doormen were all local lads as well, but mainly nice blokes, everyone lived in fear of the doorman from Thorne because of his reputation, but he was a really nice bloke who just happened to be a hard case

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 22, 2020, 06:56:07 pm by scawsby steve »
Highfields.

Full of shaven headed gargoyles with no teeth, tattooed necks, and massive beer guts.

And that's just the women.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 22, 2020, 07:21:59 pm by i_ateallthepies »

RD I heard that too from our Sports teacher at Ridgewood, only 50 years ago   :pinch:

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 22, 2020, 07:32:17 pm by turnbull for england »

[/quote

It was a strange place, free and easy on the organ for the pensioners until 10:30pm, then after that nightclub, with plenty of fighting, strippers and beer, nearly all young uns out drinking in Stainy ended up in the Hacienda, the doormen were all local lads as well, but mainly nice blokes, everyone lived in fear of the doorman from Thorne because of his reputation, but he was a really nice bloke who just happened to be a hard case

Would that be Johnny ?  Lovely bloke , very err capable

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 22, 2020, 08:34:53 pm by Filo »

[/quote

Yes

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 22, 2020, 09:13:48 pm by turnbull for england »

[/quote

Yes

He went to school with my dad, recognised me at staying dogs and waved me through turnstile, felt like a god

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 22, 2020, 09:58:23 pm by Not Now Kato »
Highfields.

Full of shaven headed gargoyles with no teeth, tattooed necks, and massive beer guts.

And that's just the women.

Yep, but they've got a nice lake.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 22, 2020, 10:02:36 pm by River Don »

RD I heard that too from our Sports teacher at Ridgewood, only 50 years ago   :pinch:

I went to Adick so if it came from Ridgey it can't be reyt.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 22, 2020, 10:36:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I moved from Edenthorpe to Adwick Le street. Not been a worse transfer since Torres to Chelsea

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 22, 2020, 10:41:48 pm by River Don »
Yeah, Edenthorpe is a bit like Chelsea.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 22, 2020, 11:13:54 pm by drfchound »

It wasnt Johnny Shields by any chance was it mate.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 23, 2020, 06:38:06 am by Donnywolf »
It would be Johnny Shields for sure

TinyPortal © 2005-2012