Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:44:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2020 - the year Boris Johnson destroyed public trust  (Read 8940 times)

Janso

• Forum Member
Re: 2020 - the year Boris Johnson destroyed public trust
« Reply #90 on January 11, 2021, 07:13:19 pm by Janso »
Hahahaha, what does he actually have to do for you to condemn his behaviour? Come to your house and write "Boris" in shite on your front door?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 11, 2021, 07:20:32 pm by Filo »
Hancock also says if you go for a long walk and end up 7 miles away that is fine

Hancock also says behave like you have the virus
what has he done that might infect someone? Did he follow social distancing? Have you any stats how many people have passed the virus on while cycling?

You wouldn’t be going out on your bike if you had the virus

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 11, 2021, 07:23:56 pm by bpoolrover »
Hancock also says if you go for a long walk and end up 7 miles away that is fine

what has he done that might infect someone? Did he follow social distancing? Have you any stats how many people have passed the virus on while cycling?

you might not no you had the virus

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 11, 2021, 07:25:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The bloke in charge could be  Johnny Vegas for all it matters . He sets the tone for the rest of us and said he shouldn't push guidelines., if he can do 7 mile on his bike , how can a copper stop any one now for doing that.
police should not be stopping anyone for cycling 7 miles in the first place

Not even when they leave the city they live in?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 11, 2021, 07:26:37 pm by Janso »

So you should be acting as if you have it regardless so as to not unwittingly pass it on. No?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 11, 2021, 07:28:30 pm by bpoolrover »
Janso I’m not going to condemn him as I
Don’t don’t believe he has done anything wrong, if starmer does the same I will say the same thing, do you honestly believe that cycling 7 miles is wrong or is it because he is a Tory?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 11, 2021, 07:30:07 pm by bpoolrover »

So you should be acting as if you have it regardless so as to not unwittingly pass it on. No?
how many people have passed it on while cycling? At a guess you would be more likely passing it on going for a walk nearer people

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 11, 2021, 07:30:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Don’t don’t believe he has done anything wrong, if starmer does the same I will say the same thing, do you honestly believe that cycling 7 miles is wrong or is it because he is a Tory?

It's wrong because it contravenes the very regulations you posted yourself.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 11, 2021, 07:31:57 pm by Janso »

No, it's because he's the Prime Minister and he's going against rules he himself is arguing people need to stick to. Are you defending him to the hilt because he's a Tory?

You don't half choose some bizarre hills to die on.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 11, 2021, 07:35:34 pm by bpoolrover »
What rules has he gone against? He has travelled 7 miles most I would think would say that is pretty local you don’t think so which is fair enough, but it does make any of us right or wrong as it’s down to interpretation

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on January 11, 2021, 07:35:44 pm by Filo »

But Hancock said behave like you have the virus

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 11, 2021, 07:38:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What rules has he gone against? He has travelled 7 miles most I would think would say that is pretty local you don’t think so which is fair enough, but it does make any of us right or wrong as it’s down to interpretation

How many times does it have to be repeated? And no, it's not open to interpretation, it's very specific. It must be true, you posted it in this very thread.

The guidance says this is "your village, town or the part of a city where you live"

He didn't even stay in the same city!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 11, 2021, 07:38:25 pm by bpoolrover »
Just about every person I have seen comment on the 2 girls travelling 5 miles to go for a walk say they have done nothing wrong and I fully agree, I presume all the ones saying boris has done something wrong agree they should be fined?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 11, 2021, 07:40:03 pm by bpoolrover »

How mny times does it have to be repeated?

The guidance says this is "your village, town or the part of a city where you live"

Glynn in some villages you would get to walk about 400 yards

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 11, 2021, 07:40:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Just about every person I have seen comment on the 2 girls travelling 5 miles to go for a walk say they have done nothing wrong and I fully agree, I presume all the ones saying boris has done something wrong agree they should be fined?

If they've contravened the regulations you've posted, then yes they should be fined.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on January 11, 2021, 07:41:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How mny times does it have to be repeated?

Glynn in some villages you would get to walk about 400 yards

Then tough. Go round in circles for a longer walk. And nothing at all to do with Boris. Try again.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 07:43:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 11, 2021, 07:42:57 pm by bpoolrover »
Then tough lol great answer

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 11, 2021, 07:45:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Then tough lol great answer

At least I give one and don't wimp out.

Now then, what about someone who doesn't even stay in the same city they live in? Do we get a great answer to that one or not?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 11, 2021, 07:47:00 pm by Janso »

If they've contravened the regulations you've posted, then yes they should be fined.

Not to mention, they aren't the f**king Prime Minister, and while they should be fined, they're not the ones expected to be setting an example for the nation.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 11, 2021, 07:52:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

What about this is so hard to understand?

The VITAL thing here is that the guidelines are clear, and that ALL of us buy into them.

It is f**king ridiculous for Hancock one day to complain that people are not sticking to the spirit of the guidelines, then for Johnson to clearly breach the spirit of the guidelines. You're looking very, very silly arguing otherwise. 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 11, 2021, 07:56:57 pm by bpoolrover »
I’m looking silly to you on many other social media sites they would say your looking rather silly

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 11, 2021, 08:00:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Perhaps you'd be more at home with them?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 11, 2021, 08:08:43 pm by bpoolrover »
What’s your problem glyn I suggest you stop getting personal as your pissing me off now

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 11, 2021, 08:12:03 pm by Janso »
Got to love how you're more upset about someone saying you're making a prat of yourself on a forum than the actual leader of the country wazzing all over his own rules while essentially blaming the public at large for the current situation.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 11, 2021, 08:21:53 pm by bpoolrover »
Making a prat of myself as I
Don’t agree with him, so what is that a problem? Every post I have made for the last year he jumps
On, he might not agree like bst doesn’t but the difference is some people go about it in a nice way, but I inboxed glyn asking to just leave it as were all rovers fans in the end but for some reason he does not want to, but I will leave it to himself now

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on January 11, 2021, 08:24:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I still didn't get an answer to whether he thinks Boris has contravened the regulations he himself posted. I can see now its not going to happen.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on January 11, 2021, 08:44:59 pm by bpoolrover »
They say sorry for the fine for them travelling a short distance, that short distance being a whopping 2 miles less than boris travelled by bike

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on January 11, 2021, 08:47:55 pm by wilts rover »
This from an eyewitness:

"He was leisurely cycling with another guy with a beanie hat and chatting, while around four security guys, possibly more, cycled behind them"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55620138

This from the 10 Downing Street Press Briefing today:

No 10 source "very firmly" rejects idea PM may have broken rules w/ Olympic bike ride.

"There isn't anything in the rules that says you can't drive somewhere in order to take exercise. It says is that you must exercise locally. We very deliberately never put a distance on it."

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1348703300242313218

The Prime Minister allowed to cycle 7 miles (14 miles actually if they rode back again) on London streets without wearing a cycle helmet, really?

They drove there didn't they - and then went for a ride through the Park!!!!

And here - 10 Downing Street refused to say if he had been driven there:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/11/pm-under-pressure-over-bike-ride-seven-miles-from-no-10-boris-johnson-covid
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:55:12 pm by wilts rover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 11, 2021, 08:55:55 pm by bpoolrover »
Your allowed to drive a short distance if they did drive as Derbyshire police have said in my above link

TinyPortal © 2005-2012