Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:39:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 new players coming in?  (Read 10001 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: 2 new players coming in?
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2021, 11:21:47 am by Chris Black come back »
I would put that in the category of showing supporters we are on the case, rather than anything actually happening soon. Which to be fair the article does suggest is the case.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2021, 11:26:57 am by Alan Southstand »
2 possible permanents, plus Sims or his replacement (if we can’t get his loan extended).

I sincerely hope this doesn’t drag on.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2021, 11:42:52 am by Retdon1 »
I’ve seen Kevin Stewart’s name mentioned a few times, ex Hull and Liverpool midfielder

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2021, 12:20:03 pm by adamtherover »
2 possible permanents, plus Sims or his replacement (if we can’t get his loan extended).

anyone seen that pen knocking about?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2021, 12:25:08 pm by roversdude »
Well it can’t drag on too long when does the window shut

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2021, 12:51:56 pm by Metalmicky »

It can only drag on another nine days Alan............ I know it will be hard for you, but try and be patient eh...  :thumbsup:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2021, 01:02:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
MM, it’s not me you should be thinking about! The reason for me not wanting it to drag on is that these 2 players may not currently be attached to a club, which means, even if they agree to join us, it’ll be at least a further 2 weeks to get them ‘up to speed’ and ‘integrated into the squad’.

We know enough about DM now to know that they’ll not be going straight in.

Therefore, the sooner they’re in, the better.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2021, 01:10:54 pm by silent majority »
I wouldn't worry, my understanding is the two deals are a lot closer than that article suggests.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2021, 01:11:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I wouldn't worry, my understanding is the two deals are a lot closer than that article suggests.

Likely one or both could be in for Saturday?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2021, 01:15:41 pm by Retdon1 »

As in they could be completed today ?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2021, 01:19:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Thanks for that, SM. I’ll stop whittling!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2021, 01:47:21 pm by StocksArmy »
Just looking at list of free agents (as DM has stated we wont be paying a fee for players) who fall into the experienced category. I wonder if DM has approached ex West Brom teammate Claudio Yacob to fill Whitemans position? I notice Joe Ledley is also a free agent.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2021, 02:07:27 pm by Metalmicky »
MM, it’s not me you should be thinking about! The reason for me not wanting it to drag on is that these 2 players may not currently be attached to a club, which means, even if they agree to join us, it’ll be at least a further 2 weeks to get them ‘up to speed’ and ‘integrated into the squad’.

We know enough about DM now to know that they’ll not be going straight in.

Therefore, the sooner they’re in, the better.

I know mate - only pulling your plonker........ :lol:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 21, 2021, 02:38:05 pm by roversdude »
Just looking at list of free agents (as DM has stated we wont be paying a fee for players) who fall into the experienced category. I wonder if DM has approached ex West Brom teammate Claudio Yacob to fill Whitemans position? I notice Joe Ledley is also a free agent.

Did anyone see Joe Ledley on Soccer AM last week I know it’s no gauge but he was pants

Probably too old but Marc Pugh and Charlie Daniels both left Shrewsbury
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 03:23:35 pm by roversdude »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 21, 2021, 03:10:22 pm by silent majority »

That's not completely accurate. The way the club works is that a sum of money is made available and that can be spent in the way that DM wants to spend it. If he wants to blow it all on a transfer fee he can do, but that will leave less for a salary. So long as the money allocated is used over the contract period, and its either all salary or a mix of salary and a transfer fee, then that's OK.

I'm sure what he means is that if he's signing free agents he can spend more on salary which means he can attract, in theory, a better standard of player by paying a higher salary.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 21, 2021, 03:21:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
The plot thickens!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 21, 2021, 03:54:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

That's not completely accurate. The way the club works is that a sum of money is made available and that can be spent in the way that DM wants to spend it. If he wants to blow it all on a transfer fee he can do, but that will leave less for a salary. So long as the money allocated is used over the contract period, and its either all salary or a mix of salary and a transfer fee, then that's OK.

I'm sure what he means is that if he's signing free agents he can spend more on salary which means he can attract, in theory, a better standard of player by paying a higher salary.

Football manager players will be well versed in this, the game does similar (I know it's only a game). Very logical though, should always be flex.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 21, 2021, 04:21:21 pm by DRNaith »

Football manager players will be well versed in this, the game does similar (I know it's only a game). Very logical though, should always be flex.

Maybe some people should be more understanding, now knowing that DM only had three options for replies when he talks to the press!!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 21, 2021, 04:27:01 pm by Alan Southstand »
SM:

Does that mean one or both have already been training with us?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 21, 2021, 04:29:36 pm by drfc1951 »
Why would Liam Hoden have been given a list of Moores targets?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 21, 2021, 04:31:49 pm by EasyforDennis »
Why would Liam Hoden have been given a list of Moores targets?

Who says he has?

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 21, 2021, 04:45:28 pm by drfc1951 »
He does on his twitter feed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 21, 2021, 05:06:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He's told stuff like players names in confidence by the club.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 21, 2021, 05:28:43 pm by RoversAlias »
Liam Hoden is doing another Q&A on Twitter at the moment, he says that one of the players is a bit of a departure from Moore's usual type of target, someone more experienced and with a lot of history at a higher level. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that is someone like Claudio Yacob but based on nothing concrete at all.

Knowing Darren it will be someone we have never even thought of or mentioned among ourselves!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 21, 2021, 05:37:51 pm by silent majority »
SM:

Does that mean one or both have already been training with us?

Yes.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 21, 2021, 05:39:27 pm by silent majority »
Liam Hoden is doing another Q&A on Twitter at the moment, he says that one of the players is a bit of a departure from Moore's usual type of target, someone more experienced and with a lot of history at a higher level. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that is someone like Claudio Yacob but based on nothing concrete at all.

Knowing Darren it will be someone we have never even thought of or mentioned among ourselves!

I would agree with that.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 21, 2021, 05:52:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
Thanks, SM. That’s a relief.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 21, 2021, 05:54:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
Quote from Hoden’s Q&A:

“You’ll see, if Rovers get these 2 players, that the manager has been backed”.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 21, 2021, 05:56:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
Everyone safely converges on Cantley Park tomorrow...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012