Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 12:28:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergie-esque run  (Read 4109 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Fergie-esque run
« on February 27, 2021, 05:19:26 pm by scawsby steve »
OK, a long way before it gets that bad, but winless runs become hard to stop, and we don't look at all like stopping it anytime soon.

We're a nice, pretty, tippy tappy team at the moment, but games are won and lost at both ends of the pitch, and that's where we're simply looking sh*te.

Also, big players get teams into the top 6, players like Marquis, Rowe, Kane, Wilks, and Whiteman. Unfortunately, we've nobody like that at the moment.

I sincerely hope DM can turn this around, but I honestly have my doubts.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Fergie-esque run
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2021, 05:25:16 pm by keith79 »
Needs to settle down on a team. Changing all the time not working for me.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2021, 05:27:04 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's the boards fault. We were doing just fine until Jan transfer window. They just had to make funds available didn't they for new players. Disgraceful

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2021, 05:28:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It's the boards fault. We were doing just fine until Jan transfer window. They just had to make funds available didn't they for new players. Disgraceful

f**k sake. Shut up.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2021, 05:30:31 pm by redwine »

f**k sake. Shut up.

I think that may well be a whoosh moment.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2021, 05:32:48 pm by Padge_DRFC »

f**k sake. Shut up.

Probably doesn't get that either...

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2021, 05:33:09 pm by HomerJSimpson »

The comedy of this post isn’t lost on me but had the board not invested and then we’d had this run I’d have been fine with it, the fact they did invest and we then looked stronger following the signings makes this run unfathomable. Head scratching time but eventually if we don’t halt the slide we will fall out of the play off places.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2021, 05:33:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »

f**k sake. Shut up.

To be fair he was writing off Sims an hour ago, two weeks after coming back from injury so I didn't put it past him.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2021, 05:40:23 pm by since-1969 »
We just don’t do loosing on here do we

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2021, 05:41:30 pm by keith79 »
No.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2021, 05:43:09 pm by Padge_DRFC »

The comedy of this post isn’t lost on me but had the board not invested and then we’d had this run I’d have been fine with it, the fact they did invest and we then looked stronger following the signings makes this run unfathomable. Head scratching time but eventually if we don’t halt the slide we will fall out of the play off places.

Same back 4 barring LB choice and the keeper isn't a downgrade on the previous 2 either.

Reece James and Ben Whiteman in front of the back 4 made life easier for them IMO

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2021, 05:45:03 pm by Not Now Kato »
We just don’t do loosing on here do we

There's losing, and then there's what we've seen in the last 5 or 6 games!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2021, 05:52:53 pm by since-1969 »
We’re still a developing team and the new signings are expected not  get up to speed . I’m slightly disappointed at Bostock who isn’t exactly stamping his experience on the games after the  departure of Whiteman . But ever since Tom Anderson’s injury the team as a whole seems to have taken a breather and failed to restart . IMO it will all sort its self out as other teams hit the wall as we are at the moment and results begin to go our way again .

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 27, 2021, 06:00:46 pm by andysly »
Rough run of matches this past month, it’s not like we’ve been getting beat by deadbeats. We could easily have had a point today, and played pretty well today without the final incisive ball or touch.
Portsmouth on Tuesday is another tough match but after that we will be favourites in most of the next dozen or so matches.
We’ll be fine for the play offs. Automatic mayhave gone though.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 27, 2021, 06:20:20 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Every team will have bad runs limiting them and making sure they don't become season defining is where the best managers earn their money. If DM is to go on to bigger and better things he needs to stop this run quickly and get us playing something like a playoff chasing team

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 27, 2021, 06:21:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
He was a quality defender. He needs to start by getting us to defend.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 27, 2021, 06:23:02 pm by EasyforDennis »
If we carry on like this we are heading for mid table mediocrity.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 27, 2021, 06:28:52 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Does start to feel like we'll be finishing around where we were last season (probably a bit of an overreaction still lots to play for) which makes me think maybe we've hit the limit of what relying on loans can achieve. In McCann's season we had two exceptional loanees which we can't hope to get every season.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 27, 2021, 06:37:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Does start to feel like we'll be finishing around where we were last season (probably a bit of an overreaction still lots to play for) which makes me think maybe we've hit the limit of what relying on loans can achieve. In McCann's season we had two exceptional loanees which we can't hope to get every season.

Marquis as well. Nobody has come in and been up to his levels.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 27, 2021, 07:00:53 pm by normal rules »
Rovers need a rob Jones esque character. And quick.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 27, 2021, 07:15:12 pm by dickos1 »
I don’t think we should be panicking anymore than we should’ve got carried away a month ago.
There’s 18 games left to play, and we’re 8 points of the autos with 2 games in hand.
We’ve had a few bad results and performances but the 2nd half against hull and for most of today we were good and could’ve easily scored 2 or 3 more than we did.

When we saw the fixtures of these ten games people were saying they would be happy with 12 points, so far we have 7 with 3 games to go so those 12 points are still very achievable

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 27, 2021, 07:16:57 pm by andysly »
We won 9 out of 10. Now lost 4 out of 5.
Put those two strange runs together and I think it shows what sort of team we’ve got, 28 points from 15 games isn’t a bad return.
If we’d looked at the fixtures beforehand and said 9-1-5 I’m sure the vast majority would’ve took it.
Probably 7-5-3 would’ve been seen as a good return and that’s only 26 pts.
Disappointing after getting into a great position but there’s probably 20 clubs would swap places with us.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 27, 2021, 07:18:18 pm by Campsall rover »
I don’t think we should be panicking anymore than we should’ve got carried away a month ago.
There’s 18 games left to play, and we’re 8 points of the autos with 2 games in hand.
We’ve had a few bad results and performances but the 2nd half against hull and for most of today we were good and could’ve easily scored 2 or 3 more than we did.

When we saw the fixtures of these ten games people were saying they would be happy with 12 points, so far we have 7 with 3 games to go so those 12 points are still very achievable
I like that  :thumbsup: Amazing what a positive attitude can achieve.
Crikey it’s all doom and gloom on here. 

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 27, 2021, 08:02:45 pm by EasyforDennis »

Sorry Dickos but we were good in the middle of the park but the defence was iffy again and up front woeful.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 27, 2021, 08:07:14 pm by Spud »
Compared to recent games I thought we were much improved today. Frustrating that we didn't get a result but Ipswich are no mugs.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 27, 2021, 08:08:24 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Lambert did Moore today. They let us have 74 percent possession where we had it as well.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 27, 2021, 08:10:05 pm by EasyforDennis »
Compared to recent games I thought we were much improved today. Frustrating that we didn't get a result but Ipswich are no mugs.
Ipswich were there for the taking today. They are a very average team and we should beaten them with ease.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 27, 2021, 08:24:25 pm by Filo »
Ipswich were there for the taking today. They are a very average team and we should beaten them with ease.

This exactly, when we went one down I wasn’t worried at all we were dominant, I thought it was only a matter of time before we scored and go on to turn it around, then as the game went on we were more concerned about playing it between our defenders than getting the ball upfield, very frustrating

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 27, 2021, 08:26:17 pm by Lesonthewest »
I thought Ipswich were one of the poorer teams we have played this season

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 27, 2021, 08:51:20 pm by SydneyRover »
For every pro-comment there is a con-comment so maybe what K79 and a few others have said we need a settled team for a while ............

TinyPortal © 2005-2012