Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 08:41:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Do we now understand why Darren Moore left?  (Read 3044 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:04:58 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Do we understand why Darren Moore left?
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2021, 10:00:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
He sounds like David Brent when he gets the Swindon job but everyone else gets sacked. “David Blunt says he is disappointed for the club, but I am sure he is delighted for me as an individual”. Bet he’s not!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Do we understand why Darren Moore left?
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2021, 10:03:28 pm by Jonathan »
He sounds like David Brent when he gets the Swindon job but everyone else gets sacked. “David Blunt says he is disappointed for the club, but I am sure he is delighted for me as an individual”. Bet he’s not!

There’s good news and bad news.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
Re: Do we now understand why Darren Moore left?
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2021, 11:05:57 pm by phil o sophical »
Even some of the Wednesday fans can't understand why he's gone there so what chance have we got

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 02, 2021, 07:35:03 am by donnievic »
End of the day yea a massive club compared to ours and no doubt more money,and if only got a contract till the end of the season must be on a big  bonus to keep them up.if it’s a longer contract then will know he could be out before he has even had chance so on that can see why.
 However considering he come out with all the bullshit about club Doncaster this that and other just don’t understand him jumping ship and going there the way they are run

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 02, 2021, 07:41:33 am by DonnyOsmond »
I can't understand it. It's like us moving from a stable job to moving to work at Topshop 6 months ago. You know you'll be unemployed in a few month but ah well at least they're a name.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 02, 2021, 07:57:46 am by aidanstu »
He doesn’t offer any sort of explanation as to why he left; I’m. It sure he can expect the fans to expect his reasoning when he doesn’t offer any.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 02, 2021, 08:02:36 am by EasyforDennis »
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but DM always comes across as being not the sharpest knife in the box. I think he has confirmed that by leaving to manage a basket case club until the end of the season. If it had been a 2 year contract maybe we could understand it but 3 months?????

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 02, 2021, 08:08:23 am by since-1969 »
Ego plays a big part in ambition to progress and DM used DRFC to keep his profile in the public domain. The fact he left a well run club to go to club that’s on its arse  beggars belief and throw in that’s it only until the end on the season .

I believe that there are good level head managers with the same qualities required ie the Cowley Brothers who could do a great job . The king is dead .... long live the king !!!

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 02, 2021, 08:13:41 am by Spud »
Where has his contract length been reported? Not saying it's wrong but I can't find where it states until the end of the season, couldn't see any length stated on owls site.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 02, 2021, 08:16:43 am by Filo »
Where has his contract length been reported? Not saying it's wrong but I can't find where it states until the end of the season, couldn't see any length stated on owls site.

I’ve not seen anything either, but when DM was asked about his contract, he just said it was irrelevant , which does suggest a short one, which is why he wanted to move on to other things quickly, to avoid more questions about his sanity

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 02, 2021, 08:26:28 am by Spud »
Cheers Filo, not seen any of his interviews, don't think I could stomach the soundbites.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2021, 08:30:37 am by Branton Rover »
To back that up even a Wednesday fan asked whether he’d been psychologically tested

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 02, 2021, 08:33:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
And our fans are questioning our board!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 02, 2021, 09:00:02 am by keith79 »
I heard a rumour that he is only contracted till the end of the season.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 02, 2021, 09:42:40 am by scunny rover »
Greed

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 02, 2021, 10:09:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe he's bottled it here? Maybe his confidence has taken a knock because of recent poor results and performances? Maybe he doesn't have an answer to our recent poor form?  Maybe he realises he's gone as far as he can with us?

Maybe he's walking away from us and into another club while he's still got enough credibility for another club to want him?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 02, 2021, 10:23:27 am by Campsall rover »
Maybe he's bottled it here? Maybe his confidence has taken a knock because of recent poor results and performances? Maybe he doesn't have an answer to our recent poor form?  Maybe he realises he's gone as far as he can with us?

Maybe he's walking away from us and into another club while he's still got enough credibility for another club to want him?
If that’s the case BB he hasn’t got any bottle. To walk away after losing 4 out of 5 games would show a complete lack of self confidence. Almost cowardice.

Don’t think it’s that personally. He has had his head turned. Very big mistake. He has put his career very much on the line with this move. I am still trying to fathom out what his motivation is for taking on the biggest poison chalice of a job in the entire EFL.
Mind boggling.  :zzz:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 02, 2021, 10:27:50 am by MachoMadness »
I can't believe he's signed on until the end of the season. That surely can't be right. The only possible explanation I can think of is he's insanely confident in his own ability to keep them up. My thinking is he's just on a rolling contract and he's muddled it up in the interview, as he likes to do.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 02, 2021, 10:38:18 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Unfortunately, I think that's how it'll be seen by us. High risk strategy but in business I'm sure we've come across many a climber who move on before the sh*t sticks.

Unfortunately, the nature of the job means many a manager are handsomely rewarded for failure. Not their fault, it's just the crazy owners who have the patience of a pea.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 02, 2021, 10:45:20 am by pib »
I know they are a circus at the moment, but surely even Sheff Wed wouldn't pay a six-figure compensation fee for a manager and only give him a contract for 14 games!?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 02, 2021, 10:57:16 am by Michael Shaw »
McCann saw that it pays more and has more prestige to manage a Championship side than a league one side. And Moore has seen the same.
Managers are in the job for what they can get like everyone else. Both managers were successful at Doncaster so it is no surprise they have been head hunted.
No doubt both managers will be on a higher salary than at Rovers, and their CVs look better.
It just means we keep losing out as a result of our own success and another promotion will probably pass us by.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 02, 2021, 11:09:29 am by PDX_Rover »
I’m just glad he’s cleared up any questions we had with his statement.

Said nobody.

TBH, I was getting exasperated with DM. I feel Butts will add some passion and nous.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 02, 2021, 11:10:01 am by Campsall rover »
McCann saw that it pays more and has more prestige to manage a Championship side than a league one side. And Moore has seen the same.
Managers are in the job for what they can get like everyone else. Both managers were successful at Doncaster so it is no surprise they have been head hunted.
No doubt both managers will be on a higher salary than at Rovers, and their CVs look better.
It just means we keep losing out as a result of our own success and another promotion will probably pass us by.
So are you saying Butts can’t get us promoted? 

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 02, 2021, 11:31:57 am by rover-n-out »
As has been said on this thread, he offers no explanation for his departure, only thing I get out of that interview is that he said he had "no hesitation" when the chance to move came.
That to me says everything we need to know about his personal ambition, and it certainly wasn't at Doncaster "Stepping Board" Rovers.

I also can't get my head round the speed of his departure, one day he's our manager, and the next he's Wednesday's manager. Surely there must be protocols in place that have to be followed, it was that quick, he didn't even say goodbye to his staff and players.
He must have known what was on the table before Sat/Sun night.
I too, don't think our run of bad form is coincidental, surely he must have known weeks ago he was off!
Just my opinion, backed up by no facts at all, pure speculation.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 02, 2021, 11:41:56 am by drfc1951 »
Why wasnt Butts  in the squad on Saturday but apparently watching from the stands.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 02, 2021, 11:51:33 am by wilts rover »
I know they are a circus at the moment, but surely even Sheff Wed wouldn't pay a six-figure compensation fee for a manager and only give him a contract for 14 games!?

I can see it.

If he keeps them up he is certain to be offered a longer contract. If he can't keep them up, why would they want to stick with a manager who will have cost them a lot of money in relegation, who is on a good wage and shown he has little loyalty and would go if a 'better' club came calling.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 02, 2021, 12:01:38 pm by Filo »
As has been said on this thread, he offers no explanation for his departure, only thing I get out of that interview is that he said he had "no hesitation" when the chance to move came.
That to me says everything we need to know about his personal ambition, and it certainly wasn't at Doncaster "Stepping Board" Rovers.

I also can't get my head round the speed of his departure, one day he's our manager, and the next he's Wednesday's manager. Surely there must be protocols in place that have to be followed, it was that quick, he didn't even say goodbye to his staff and players.
He must have known what was on the table before Sat/Sun night.
I too, don't think our run of bad form is coincidental, surely he must have known weeks ago he was off!
Just my opinion, backed up by no facts at all, pure speculation.

Thats about my take on it, apparently he was told of Wednesday’s official approach before the game on Saturday, in my opinion he has known this was coming days if not weeks before, he had “no hesitation” in deciding to go. At this point in my opinion he should have been suspended from team affairs, told to make his own way back to the Crown for his belongings and told to find somewhere else to kip Saturday night, and his things from his office will be in a bin liner outside Cantley Park gates. He never had the decency to tell the players or say goodbye , a man of high principles and Christian values? Don’t make me laugh!!!!

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 02, 2021, 12:13:05 pm by Michael Shaw »
So are you saying Butts can’t get us promoted? 

Where did I say that? A typical confrontational comment made up from reading what you want from my statements.

Good luck to Andy to get good results with the squad that Moore built to play his way.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 02, 2021, 12:19:54 pm by turnbull for england »
You would have to wonder what  a bloke like chansiri can say in one phone call about a club in their state and recent history that gives a man of such integrity no hesitation in burning bridges and jumping ship in a day and half

TinyPortal © 2005-2012