Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:05:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scream of the Season?  (Read 4166 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Scream of the Season?
« on March 07, 2021, 04:32:55 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56309995

Just about sums up the modern day footballer, eh? Can you imagine former Rovers’ players such as Peter Kitchen, Colin Booth or Brian Makepeace acting in such a ridiculous manner?  Oh, how I wish that these latter day idiots would take part in just a few minutes of rugby league/union! “Oi, ref., did you see that? He had his arms round me, threw me to the ground and I wasn’t even holding the ball!”
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:15:11 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Scream of the Season?
« Reply #1 on March 07, 2021, 04:44:02 pm by Branton Rover »
If he’d encountered Billy Whitehurst his screams of terror would’ve been legitimate - by Christ I miss the old days of real men not the modern day excuse for a man

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 07, 2021, 04:49:43 pm by Campsall rover »
That was quite pathetic.

I loved the way Linaker, Wright and Dublin took the complete p..s out of him at the end of match of the day falling off their chairs screaming their heads off.

I hope he felt as embarrassed and ashamed as he should have, if he was watching.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:08:23 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 07, 2021, 04:54:49 pm by drfchound »
Pathetic.
Screaming has become more apparent over the past three or four years.
Who could forget the Peterbro idiot at the KM, or even James Husband doing it a couple of seasons back.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 07, 2021, 05:09:47 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
If he’d encountered Billy Whitehurst his screams of terror would’ve been legitimate - by Christ I miss the old days of real men not the modern day excuse for a man

Me too, Nick!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 07, 2021, 05:11:06 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
That was quite pathetic.

I loved the way Linaker, Wright and Dublin took the complete p..s out of him at the end of match of the day falling off their chairs screaming their heads off.

I hope he felt as embarrassed and ashamed as he should have, if he was watching.
Pathetic.
Screaming has become more apparent over the past three or four years.
Who could forget the Peterbro idiot at the KM, or even James Husband doing it a couple of seasons back.

Totally agree, guys!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 07, 2021, 06:16:33 pm by idler »
It should have been a yellow for bringing the game into disrepute.
I wonder if he might get a few more yellows now after attracting so much attention.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2021, 07:27:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Got some way to go to beat this one.

https://youtu.be/R_zdmslupV4

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 07, 2021, 07:41:45 pm by afro goal machine »

Thought it was Scotty Too Hotty

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 07, 2021, 07:48:41 pm by ss1953 »
If an opposition player did that against us, I would love the alleged fouler to give him an Oscar statuette the next time we played against him. We will have to have quite a big stock of Oscars.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 07, 2021, 07:55:03 pm by drfchound »
If a player is hurt so badly, the last thing he would do is roll around like that.
Generally if you are badly hurt you keep still.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 07, 2021, 08:01:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

What an absolute pillock.

One of the comments said:
IF A PLAYER GETS REALLY HURT THEY JUST DONT MOVE.
WHAT A W A N K ER
And the author of this comment? DRFC Hound!  Yes, really!   :lol:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 07, 2021, 08:07:42 pm by BobG »
When was the last time you saw a shoulder charge? Even more rare the last time the ref didn't blow for a foul?

I was thinking, just this afternoon while watching Fiorentina v Pama, that football really is a game for girls now.

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2021, 08:12:33 pm by drfchound »

WHAT A W A N K ER

Interesting that wilts.
I can’t see that comment but if it was by me I wouldn’t have put the DRFC part in capital letters.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 07, 2021, 08:22:59 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

WHAT A W A N K ER

Interesting that wilts.
I can’t see that comment but if it was by me I wouldn’t have put the DRFC part in capital letters.

Thought not, hound!
The YouTube clip was posted in October 2014. You can see the comment if you scroll down to the bottom.

Can you see it on this attachment?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 08:25:28 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 07, 2021, 08:25:44 pm by drfchound »

WHAT A W A N K ER

Interesting that wilts.

Thought not, hound!
The YouTube clip was posted in October 2014. You can see the comment if you scroll down to the bottom.

Amazing wilts.
The whole name is in capitals which is something I just don’t do.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 08, 2021, 10:16:37 am by Not Now Kato »

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 08, 2021, 10:33:58 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Brilliant!...more please.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 08, 2021, 11:17:21 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Kind of unrelated but has anyone seen the challenges Jay Spearings been putting in for Tranmere recently?

Proper thunderbas**rds! Great to see.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 08, 2021, 11:22:30 am by Not Now Kato »

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 08, 2021, 12:04:48 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Perfect, Kato! For me that just about sums up the difference between footballers and rugby players: no respect for the opposition, match officials but, more importantly, the laws of the the games. Most of this cheating could be stopped if the managers and coaches issued appropriate instructions. Methinks that I’m being too naive, surely? Can you imagine dinosaurs like Morinho, Allardyce, Pulis and Sheridan insisting on this?...me neither!

Mind you, Rugby Union will have to live with Bloodgate for many years to come: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47882458
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:07:15 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 08, 2021, 12:22:02 pm by Jimmydee »
Also, why do players limp when their suffering from a hand or an arm injury?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 08, 2021, 01:27:03 pm by drfchound »
Well, the arm ones connected to the shoulder bone etc so maybe the pain just transmits through them all.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 08, 2021, 02:07:04 pm by Not Now Kato »
Perfect, Kato! For me that just about sums up the difference between footballers and rugby players: no respect for the opposition, match officials but, more importantly, the laws of the the games. Most of this cheating could be stopped if the managers and coaches issued appropriate instructions. Methinks that I’m being too naive, surely? Can you imagine dinosaurs like Morinho, Allardyce, Pulis and Sheridan insisting on this?...me neither!

Mind you, Rugby Union will have to live with Bloodgate for many years to come: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47882458

Absolutely right Wilts.  Mind you, Rugby Union has been 'sanitised' and is no longer the game it was when I played. Ball thrown straight into the Second Row at every scrum, (riles me most about the modern game as I was a, (rather good), Hooker back then, (was carried off playing against Hilmians following a deliberate kick in the nuts by one of their Props because, in his words after the game, I was winning too much ball against the head!). I'd have been penalised if I didn't release the ball immediately on being tackled to the ground - now it de requer to role over, face backwards and hold the ball out for the Scrum Half, (or whoever), to put their foot in front of it; and the opposition are no longer allowed to try to hook the ball back! The game is now more about kicking and penalties than it is about scoring tries - and don't get me started on that kicking contraption kickers use these days just to make their job easier!

Bloodgate was an absolute disgrace!

I guess all sports get sanitised over time, which IMO makes games less of a spectacle to both watch and play!.  :(

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 08, 2021, 05:08:36 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Absolutely right Wilts.  Mind you, Rugby Union has been 'sanitised' and is no longer the game it was when I played. Ball thrown straight into the Second Row at every scrum, (riles me most about the modern game as I was a, (rather good), Hooker back then, (was carried off playing against Hilmians following a deliberate kick in the nuts by one of their Props because, in his words after the game, I was winning too much ball against the head!). I'd have been penalised if I didn't release the ball immediately on being tackled to the ground - now it de requer to role over, face backwards and hold the ball out for the Scrum Half, (or whoever), to put their foot in front of it; and the opposition are no longer allowed to try to hook the ball back! The game is now more about kicking and penalties than it is about scoring tries - and don't get me started on that kicking contraption kickers use these days just to make their job easier!

I guess all sports get sanitised over time, which IMO makes games less of a spectacle to both watch and play!.  :(

Nice one, Kato. I’ve learned more about rugby from this posting than I ever have by listening to Eddie Jones. Before that I struggled to tell the difference between a scrum and a line-out!  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 08, 2021, 05:40:53 pm by scawsby steve »
When was the last time you saw a shoulder charge? Even more rare the last time the ref didn't blow for a foul?

I was thinking, just this afternoon while watching Fiorentina v Pama, that football really is a game for girls now.

BobG

Not that long ago, Bob. Against Pompey, Big Tom clattered their player with a shoulder charge in the box and knocked him flying. They screamed for a penalty, and I had my heart in my mouth, but the ref saw sense and waved it away.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 08, 2021, 06:00:33 pm by Not Now Kato »

Nice one, Kato. I’ve learned more about rugby from this posting than I ever have by listening to Eddie Jones. Before that I struggled to tell the difference between a scrum and a line-out!  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I used to love the game.  Started playing senior rugby at the ripe old age of 15.  I used to play for the school team on a Saturday Morning and, initially, Don Valley Old Boys on a Saturday Afternoon, (and footballers complain about playing two games a week?). I then went on to be a founder member of Adwick-le-Street RUFC before moving to Coventry. When I started work, (in Leeds), I used to train four nights a week for Saturday's game.  Now I hardly watch the game!  :(

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 08, 2021, 06:29:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Also, why do players limp when their suffering from a hand or an arm injury?

I smacked the point of my elbow on the corner of the oven door last night. Was curled up in a foetal position for 5 mins waiting for the pain to go away.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 08, 2021, 06:40:01 pm by drfchound »

BobG

Not that long ago, Bob. Against Pompey, Big Tom clattered their player with a shoulder charge in the box and knocked him flying. They screamed for a penalty, and I had my heart in my mouth, but the ref saw sense and waved it away.

There was the Andy Butler one as well SS.
Was it against Oxford?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:56:51 pm by drfchound »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 08, 2021, 08:44:41 pm by BobG »
Good! I am very, very glad that shoulder charges are still allowed. Sometimes.....!

Cheers for the info chaps

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012