Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:10:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remind me again why we left the EU  (Read 33401 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Remind me again why we left the EU
« Reply #450 on April 17, 2021, 07:16:03 pm by wilts rover »
Touché Glyn. Excellent little comeback at the end there!

Fact based on assessment of the feedback provided by the organisations consulted? It seems quite clear to me Glyn. Look, I’m long enough in the tooth to understand the lay of the land on this forum....good news Brexit stories are b*llocks, bad news stories about Brexit are fact. I know that’s the name of the game. An article from a respected news organisation reports that businesses are planning to open offices here can’t be true right? Goes against the Brexit narrative and all that.

For what it’s worth, despite the criticism they receive I tend to believe news stories provided by the beeb. Both good news Brexit stories and bad. I’ve no reason to doubt this story despite your best efforts to spin it, and the next negative Brexit story I read from the bbc I’ll also believe. Open your mind Glyn, you’ll be much happier.

It is not up to me to know the motivation behind everyone who voted for Brexit, but there have been several posters on here who have said that one of their main motivations was the number of EU citizens in this country.

Forgive me then for saying that more EU citizens coming over here to work, in a time of rising unemployment, may not be quite the good news story (for Brexiteers) you claim it to be.

Have you any idea of the value of assests they will be bringing with them to make up the £1 trillion we have lost? Given the story seems to indicate they won't be bringing any, just managing what they already have here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #451 on April 17, 2021, 07:17:39 pm by wilts rover »
  Back to the Op the only reason we left the EU is because more people voted to leave than stay in.
  The fact that some voters to remain are still arsy is just a side show.

I continue to be suprised how unhappy the people who wanted Brexit seem to be. You won - get over it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #452 on April 17, 2021, 10:04:04 pm by selby »
  That doesn't include me I lost the vote on the day,about 90K on the value of my shares portfolio, but accepted the result of a democratic vote.
  Up to that Thursday night the portfolio was about 18% up over the four days of trading because the markets were so sure remain was going to win.
  The elite took the population for mugs and paid the price, totally misread the feelings of the electorate, all the Champaign for remain parties at the BBC were cancelled, probably the reason they are so bitter now.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #453 on April 18, 2021, 12:00:42 pm by wilts rover »
  That doesn't include me I lost the vote on the day,about 90K on the value of my shares portfolio, but accepted the result of a democratic vote.
  Up to that Thursday night the portfolio was about 18% up over the four days of trading because the markets were so sure remain was going to win.
  The elite took the population for mugs and paid the price, totally misread the feelings of the electorate, all the Champaign for remain parties at the BBC were cancelled, probably the reason they are so bitter now.

Now if I or any other user of this forum were to check every post you have made on this forum since June 2016 would we conclude that you wanted Brexit or not (since June 2016)?

You won - get over it.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #454 on April 18, 2021, 12:03:28 pm by wilts rover »
Government to scrap Pick for Britain scheme launced last year to make up for reduction in EU seasonal workers - despite saying late last year it intended to expand it.

The termination of the scheme came as a surprise to a number of farming experts.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/hiring-and-firing/pick-for-britain-scheme-for-uk-based-farm-workers-scrapped/655189.article

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #455 on April 18, 2021, 12:58:59 pm by belton rover »
Government to scrap Pick for Britain scheme launced last year to make up for reduction in EU seasonal workers - despite saying late last year it intended to expand it.

The termination of the scheme came as a surprise to a number of farming experts.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/hiring-and-firing/pick-for-britain-scheme-for-uk-based-farm-workers-scrapped/655189.article

Not quite the full story though, Wilts.

The link also says that the Growers Association said the news wasn’t unexpected because ‘circumstances were different now’.
The story also comments that it is believed the government has opted to work towards removing barriers to recruitment rather than running a national campaign.
It seems to me that this will improve recruitment for British picking jobs.

I say hats off to the government for acting positively, and proactively to an ever changing situation.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #456 on April 18, 2021, 02:58:54 pm by Not Now Kato »

One comment caught my eye in that link

"While Defra has not directly commented on the reasons behind the move, it is believed the government has opted to work towards removing barriers to recruitment rather than running a national campaign.

The Grocer understands this will involve the Department for Work & Pensions, which runs Job Centres."

Job centres? Hmmmmmmm

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on April 18, 2021, 05:16:24 pm by drfchound »
Havent we had job centres before?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #458 on April 18, 2021, 06:44:02 pm by wilts rover »

The link also says that the Growers Association said the news wasn’t unexpected because ‘circumstances were different now’.
The story also comments that it is believed the government has opted to work towards removing barriers to recruitment rather than running a national campaign.

I say hats off to the government for acting positively, and proactively to an ever changing situation.

What are these barriers that are not in place this year which were in 2020 Belton?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #459 on April 18, 2021, 07:58:34 pm by belton rover »
I’ve no idea Wilts. I didn’t write the article or put the link up.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #460 on April 18, 2021, 08:29:23 pm by Not Now Kato »
Havent we had job centres before?

And your point is?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #461 on April 18, 2021, 08:49:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

But you did pass comment on it. Or didn't you know what you were talking about when you did so?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #462 on April 18, 2021, 09:30:37 pm by wilts rover »

But you say in this post:

So if you don't know what the 'barriers' are, or if there are any, how can you say it will therefore 'improve recruitment for British jobs?

And what is it we are to thank the government for by scrapping a scheme they were promoting early this year?

It seems to me you are just promoting Tory propaganda without references to any actual facts. Seems popular these days.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on April 18, 2021, 10:13:14 pm by belton rover »
Not at all. I just don’t assume that everything the government says is a lie.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #464 on April 18, 2021, 10:26:11 pm by belton rover »
And let’s not forget, you put up the link, Wilts.

It’s quite incredible really: you share a link in an an attempt to damn the government and use a particularly unsubstantiated quote like ‘some experts were surprised’, in an attempt to pass it off as proof of more incompetence by the government. Yet I point out some other quotes from the article, that happen to go against your agenda, and it is nothing short of tory propaganda.

But your not biased in any way.

That article is actually an informative, well written and rather quite balanced piece, written for a magazine that is full of expert opinion in that particular field (no pun intended).

It’s a shame you decide to cheapen it and use it for another attempt to find shit that isn’t there.

But that’s what you appear to have become.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on April 18, 2021, 10:28:35 pm by belton rover »

But you did pass comment on it. Or didn't you know what you were talking about when you did so?

As I said to Wilts, Glyn, I passed comment on what was written. I have no reason to assume the government lie whenever they speak.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #466 on April 18, 2021, 10:52:47 pm by Not Now Kato »

As I said to Wilts, Glyn, I passed comment on what was written. I have no reason to assume the government lie whenever they speak.

Really?

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1294909995692294145/pu/vid/1280x720/w0b871dW-g2RgkYh.mp4?tag=10

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #467 on April 18, 2021, 10:58:04 pm by belton rover »

Really?

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1294909995692294145/pu/vid/1280x720/w0b871dW-g2RgkYh.mp4?tag=10

And that, Not, is exactly why sensible, balanced political discussion will never happen on here again - if it ever has.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #468 on April 18, 2021, 11:10:00 pm by SydneyRover »

Quite right belton you stick up for honest government.

9 DECEMBER 2019
Matt Hancock aide “whacked” by Labour activist say “senior Tories”
Conservative press briefing

9 DECEMBER 2019
“Let’s get Brexit done and take back control of our fishing waters”
Boris Johnson, speaking to fishermen in Grimsby

8 DECEMBER 2019
“There was a (baby boom) after the Olympics, as I prophesied in a speech in 2012. It was quite amazing. There was a big baby boom”
Boris Johnson, interview with The Sunday Times

6 DECEMBER 2019
“There will be no checks on goods going from GB to NI and NI to GB because we are going to come out of the EU whole and entire. That was the objective we secured”
Boris Johnson, press conference in Kent

6 DECEMBER 2019
“I’m not aware of any adverts that we publish that have been misleading”
Michael Gove, ITV News

5 DECEMBER 2019
“Homelessness reached its peak in 2008 under the last Labour government. Since then it’s down by almost a half”
Sajid Javid, Sky News

1 DECEMBER 2019
“I’m perfectly happy to be interviewed by any interviewer called Andrew from the BBC”
Boris Johnson interview, The Andrew Marr Show

1 DECEMBER 2019
“There will be no tariffs and no checks”
Boris Johnson interview, Andrew Marr Show

1 DECEMBER 2019
“We’re upgrading 20 hospitals and building 40 new ones. And you are going to say, oh, well, it’s only six. Actually, that’s not true”

1 DECEMBER 2019
“One of the reasons we’re having this election is because we have a Queen’s speech that was blocked by parliament”

1 DECEMBER 2019
“Jeremy Corbyn wants to scrap MI5”

29 NOVEMBER 2019
“The NHS, as you know, it’s the biggest increase in living memory, a £34bn increase”
Boris Johnson interview, Nick Ferrari on LBC

29 NOVEMBER 2019
“40 new hospitals will be built as a result of decisions we’re taking”
Boris Johnson interview, Nick Ferrari on LBC

28 NOVEMBER 2019
“Absolutely not. I’ve never tried to deceive the public and I’ve always tried to be absolutely frank”
Boris Johnson to ITV News

27 NOVEMBER 2019
“The prime minister has been very clear, you know. We’re not going to have anything. We’re going to make sure that there’s unfettered access into the UK market”
Julian Smith, Conservative Northern Ireland manifesto launch

26 NOVEMBER 2019
“If anybody is convicted, if anybody is done for Islamophobia, or any other prejudice or discrimination in the Conservative Party they are out first bounce”
Boris Johnson, to television cameras

26 NOVEMBER 2019
“No-one has ever credibly suggested that (Islamophobia is) an issue with the leadership of the party, whether that's the leader of the party of the day or the chancellor or other senior figures”
Sajid Javid, campaign event in Bolton

26 NOVEMBER 2019
Nicola Sturgeon “confirmed last night to Andrew Neil” that SNP policy was “to rejoin the EU, to join the Euro”
Boris Johnson, launch of the Scottish Conservative party manifesto

24 NOVEMBER 2019
“We will certainly make sure that the A&E in Telford is kept open”
Boris Johnson, Conservative Party manifesto launch

24 NOVEMBER 2019
“We will be investing, as I say, the biggest ever cash boost to the NHS”
Boris Johnson, Conservative Party manifesto launch

22 NOVEMBER 2019
“I see no reason to interfere with the normal timetable for these things”
Boris Johnson, Question Time

21 NOVEMBER 2019
“Labour’s Jess Phillips undermines Corbyn’s manifesto by admitting they can’t or won’t deliver on their promises”
Conservative Party Twitter account

21 NOVEMBER 2019
“No-one gives a toss about the social media cut and thrust”
Dominic Raab, BBC Breakfast

20 NOVEMBER 2019
“If we’re lucky enough to be elected, so the first budget we will go up to the £9,500 threshold and that will, as I say, put £500 into the pockets of everyone”
Boris Johnson, campaign stop in North Yorkshire

20 NOVEMBER 2019
“There is absolutely no evidence that I’ve ever seen of any Russian interference in UK democratic processes”
Boris Johnson, campaign stop in Teeside

19 NOVEMBER 2019
“We’re putting record sums in [to the NHS] — £34bn”
Boris Johnson, Leadership debate, ITV

19 NOVEMBER 2019
“We’re not just upgrading 20 hospitals but we are building 40 new hospitals”

19 NOVEMBER 2019
“Not at all. Northern Ireland is part of the customs territory of the UK”

19 NOVEMBER 2019
Jeremy Corbyn “would whack corporation tax up to the highest in Europe”

19 NOVEMBER 2019
“I think it does”

19 NOVEMBER 2019
“factcheckUK”
Conservative Party press office, Twitter account

19 NOVEMBER 2019
The UK’s corporation tax is “already the lowest in Europe”

18 NOVEMBER 2019
“Jeremy Corbyn would whack up corporation tax to the highest levels in Europe”
Boris Johnson, speech to the Confederation of British Business conference 2019

17 NOVEMBER 2019
“It’s unfair that people coming from European countries can access free NHS care without paying in, while others make significant contributions”
Michael Gove, quoted in The Mail on Sunday

16 NOVEMBER 2019
“Inside the EU we’re trapped in the Common Agricultural Policy. It’s one of the big benefits of leaving the EU, and it will allow us to meet these tree-planting targets which will ensure that we deal with the climate crisis that we face”
Michael Gove, Today programme

15 NOVEMBER 2019
“I see absolutely no reason to change the normal procedures for publishing reports just because there’s an election coming”
Boris Johnson, BBC Radio 5 Live

15 NOVEMBER 2019
Jeremy Corbyn “thinks home ownership is a bad idea and is opposed to it”
Boris Johnson in a speech in Oldham, live on Sky News

15 NOVEMBER 2019
“20,000 more police are operating on our streets to fight crime and bring crime down”

15 NOVEMBER 2019
Jeremy Corbyn “plans to wreck the economy with a £1.2 trillion spending plan”

15 NOVEMBER 2019
Labour “want to have two referendums next year, one in Scotland”
Boris Johnson speech in Oldham, live on Sky News

15 NOVEMBER 2019
“We are getting on with a fantastic programme … 20 hospital upgrades, 40 new hospitals”

15 NOVEMBER 2019
“Jeremy Corbyn … wouldn’t even stick up for this country when it came to the poisonings in Salisbury and actually seemed to side in that instance with Russia”

14 NOVEMBER 2019
Conservative Research Department
Political Brief: General Election 2019

14 NOVEMBER 2019
“Corbyn and his lot ... actually think that the armed services should be disbanded — that’s what he said”
Boris Johnson in a speech to supporters in Oldham

14 NOVEMBER 2019
“Under Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for unlimited and uncontrolled immigration, (net migration) could increase to over 840,000 people — more than the population of Liverpool — coming to the UK every year”
Conservative Research Department report

12 NOVEMBER 2019
“The nature of these reports is that they do contain sensitive information, which is why they need to go through an appropriate period of vetting to make sure that they are safe to then be released. That’s what’s happened here.”
Rishi Sunak, Good Morning Britain

12 NOVEMBER 2019
“Boris Johnson warns voters that Britain faces ‘political onanism’ of Brexit under Jeremy Corbyn”
The Sun

10 NOVEMBER 2019
“The true ‘Cost of Corbyn’ is a staggering £1.2 trillion”
Sajid Javid, public statement

8 NOVEMBER 2019
“I've had to give [drinking] up until we get Brexit done”
Boris Johnson, visit to hospital in Nottinghamshire

7 NOVEMBER 2019
“If somebody asks you to [fill in a form], tell them to ring up the prime minister, and I will direct them to throw that form in the bin”
Boris Johnson, to manufacturers in Northern Ireland

6 NOVEMBER 2019
Jeremy Corbyn “sided with Putin” over the Salisbury novichok attack
Boris Johnson at a Downing Street speech

6 NOVEMBER 2019
“Our MPs are just refusing time and again to deliver Brexit”
Boris Johnson, speech launching Conservative Party election campaign, Downing Street

6 NOVEMBER 2019
“If we can get this deal over the line . . . then we can release that pent-up flood of investment. Hundreds of billions are waiting to pour into the UK”
Boris Johnson, speech launching Conservative Party election campaign, Downing Street

6 NOVEMBER 2019
“We can leave the EU as one UK, whole and entire and perfect as promised”

6 NOVEMBER 2019
“We have got a deal, oven-ready, by which we can leave the EU in a few weeks. It’s a great deal for this country. It delivers everything that I wanted when I campaigned for Brexit”

6 NOVEMBER 2019
“They [the Labour Party] point their fingers at individuals with a relish and a vindictiveness not seen since Stalin persecuted the kulaks”
Boris Johnson, launching Conservative Party election campaign in The Daily Telegraph

5 NOVEMBER 2019
“This is no different from the standard procedure, as I understand it, that occurs with these select committee reports”
Michael Gove, BBC Breakfast

5 NOVEMBER 2019
“It’s going through appropriate procedures, I think it’s been lodged with No. 10 and it will be published in due course.”
Michael Gove, Today Programme

5 NOVEMBER 2019
“We have taken swift action to deal with any Conservative Party member who has been accused of engaging in Islamophobic language or actions. We’ve made sure those people are suspended and there is an investigation"
Michael Gove, Today Programme

5 NOVEMBER 2019
“Jeremy Corbyn’s Brexit minister can’t or won’t answer a simple question about Labour’s position on Brexit”
Conservative Party Twitter account

3 NOVEMBER 2019
“Work and Pensions Secretary Therese Coffey reveals more than 10 million people can look forward to an income boost, as working-age benefits will rise by the rate of inflation in April”
Department for Work and Pensions, Twitter

3 NOVEMBER 2019
“Parliament refused finally to give approval for us to come out on October 31 which was a great disappointment”
Boris Johnson, Ridge on Sunday

30 OCTOBER 2019
“I might ask the honourable Lady how she can justify this country spending another £1 billion per month on delaying our exit from the European Union”
Boris Johnson, Prime Minister’s Questions

28 OCTOBER 2019
“They made it inevitable that the people of this country would be retained in the EU against their will for at least another three months, at a cost of another £1 billion a month”
Boris Johnson, to the House of Commons

23 OCTOBER 2019
“They said that we would never get it through parliament, and they did their utmost to stop it going through parliament, but we got it through parliament last night”
Boris Johnson, Prime Minister's Questions

22 OCTOBER 2019
“A vote against the programme motion is a vote against Brexit”
Jacob Rees-Mogg, Twitter

22 OCTOBER 2019
“There will be no checks between Great Britain and Northern Ireland”
Boris Johnson, speaking in Parliament

20 OCTOBER 2019
Sir Oliver Letwin was telephoning Lord Pannick about his Brexit amendment while visiting the prime minister
“Senior Tories”

19 OCTOBER 2019
The Prime Minister’s letter to the EU asking for an extension is a “photocopy”
Various British media organisations

2 OCTOBER 2019
“I want to get a deal with Canada but we’re now in the Canadian elections. They’re in a purdah period so we cannot continue those discussions”
International Trade Secretary Liz Truss, BBC Politics Live

2 OCTOBER 2019
“Remember it was only a few years ago when people were saying that solar power would never work in cloudy old Britain and that wind turbines would not pull the skin off a rice pudding”
Boris Johnson, Tory conference speech

2 OCTOBER 2019
“When did you last hear a Tory leader talk about capitalism?”

2 OCTOBER 2019
“Those who talk about not wanting a no deal Brexit are being deliberately deceitful. It is Brexit full stop they wish to block”
Jacob Rees-Mogg, Twitter

2 OCTOBER 2019
“It was this Conservative government that tackled the debt and the deficit left by the last Labour government”

1 OCTOBER 2019
“I didn’t actually say collaborators — go back over the quotation”
Boris Johnson, Radio 4’s Today

1 OCTOBER 2019
“It’s obviously very sad that someone should make such allegations — they are not true”
Boris Johnson, BBC Breakfast, on Charlotte Edwardes’s allegations

1 OCTOBER 2019
“I think that it would be a mistake to keep the UK bound in beyond the time that the people want to come out… at a cost of £1 billion a month”
Boris Johnson, Today programme

1 OCTOBER 2019
“I’m delighted that Canterbury, for instance, is going to be one of the 40 new hospitals we are building”
Boris Johnson, Tory conference fringe event

1 OCTOBER 2019
“I've always been a big champion of women at the top of every organisation that I run. If you look at the way I ran City Hall was virtually half and half, it was a complete feminocracy at City Hall. The same goes for what I did in the Foreign Office”
Boris Johnson, Today programme

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #469 on April 18, 2021, 11:14:51 pm by SydneyRover »
30 SEPTEMBER 2019
“When I was running London we drove up ridership on buses massively by improving the service and having automatic contactless payment — Oyster cards”
Boris Johnson, to television cameras, warehouse in Manchester

29 SEPTEMBER 2019
No. 10 is probing Remain MPs’ “foreign collusion”
“Downing Street sources”

29 SEPTEMBER 2019
“The Conservative Party is the oldest, greatest political party in the world. It’s a big broad church and we don’t do deals with other parties”
Boris Johnson, Andrew Marr Show

28 SEPTEMBER 2019
“You will have seen that on the steps of Downing Street I announced 20 new hospital upgrades. We’re now following that up with 40 new hospitals”
Boris Johnson, Daily Telegraph

25 SEPTEMBER 2019
“One of the reasons I wanted to have a Queen’s Speech was so that we could bring back the domestic violence Bill”
Boris Johnson, Parliament

25 SEPTEMBER 2019
“On the language he ascribes to me, I do not think I have used those words. I would be happy if he clarified that point”
Boris Johnson, Parliament

25 SEPTEMBER 2019
“Johnson still believes he can lawfully render the Benn Act null and void”
“Senior government source”, to Robert Peston

24 SEPTEMBER 2019
“What we will certainly do is ensure that Parliament has plenty of time to debate Brexit”
Boris Johnson, BBC interview

24 SEPTEMBER 2019
“Amber Rudd was given every opportunity to see the legal advice but chose to resign without doing so. It is utterly dishonest to suggest it was in anyway withheld”
Unnamed government source, to Tim Shipman, political editor of The Sunday Times

23 SEPTEMBER 2019
“Everything was done with complete propriety and in the normal way”
Boris Johnson, Sky News interview, New York

23 SEPTEMBER 2019
“If you try to sell British socks in North America they currently attract a 19 per cent tariff and the Americans insist before they allow them to be sold on the US market they must try to set fire to them twice”
Boris Johnson to reporters en route to UN General Assembly

23 SEPTEMBER 2019
“When we leave the EU we can ban the sale of shark fin soup”
Boris Johnson, Channel 4 News interview

19 SEPTEMBER 2019
“I don’t comment on conversations with the Queen”
Boris Johnson to reporters

18 SEPTEMBER 2019
“There’s no press here”
Boris Johnson, during a visit to Whipps Cross hospital

16 SEPTEMBER 2019
“The prorogation that is involved with this Queen’s speech only loses us four days. Four days of parliamentary sitting time”
Boris Johnson, Twitter video

13 SEPTEMBER 2019
“I didn’t say” police money was being “spaffed up the wall” on historic child sex abuse investigations
Boris Johnson, press conference, Convention of the North

13 SEPTEMBER 2019
“We’ve got a huge new Towns Fund which is going to be giving £3.6 billion altogether”
Boris Johnson, press conference, Convention of the North

12 SEPTEMBER 2019
As mayor of London my initiative on homelessness was “successful”
Boris Johnson, People’s PMQs

12 SEPTEMBER 2019
“The High Court in England plainly agrees with us”
Boris Johnson, to television cameras, Thames ship visit

5 SEPTEMBER 2019
Any involvement of police officers will be “solely about police officer recruitment”
Prime Minister’s team, visit to West Yorkshire Police

5 SEPTEMBER 2019
I would rather be “dead in a ditch” than delay Brexit
Boris Johnson, speech on West Yorkshire Police visit

2 SEPTEMBER 2019
“£14 billion pound cash boost for schools”
Conservative Party Facebook advert linking to BBC article

2 SEPTEMBER 2019
There are “no circumstances” in which the prime minister will ask Brussels to delay Brexit beyond Halloween
“Senior government source”, to The Independent

1 SEPTEMBER 2019
There are “only four days parliament might have been sitting when it won’t be sitting”
Michael Gove on prorogation

30 AUGUST 2019
“We are in the last stages” of negotiating a deal
Boris Johnson, government Twitter video

28 AUGUST 2019
“To deliver on the public’s priorities we require a new session and a Queen’s Speech”
Boris Johnson announces the proroguing of parliament

28 AUGUST 2019
“The claim that the government is considering proroguing parliament in Sept in order to stop MPs debating Brexit is entirely false”
Downing Street source

28 AUGUST 2019
“Only around four Commons sitting days will be lost” due to prorogation
Downing Street source

28 AUGUST 2019
Prorogation is “certainly not” an attempt to stop MPs blocking no deal
Michael Gove, BBC interview

25 AUGUST 2019
“Melton Mowbray pork pies, which are sold in Thailand and in Iceland, are currently unable to enter the US market because of, I don’t know, some sort of food and drug administration restriction”
Boris Johnson, BBC interview after a breakfast meeting with US President Donald Trump

25 AUGUST 2019
The EU would be “entirely” to blame for a no-deal Brexit
Boris Johnson, G7 summit

18 AUGUST 2019
“Yellowhammer is a worst-case scenario”
Michael Gove, Twitter and on television

18 AUGUST 2019
The leaked Operation Yellowhammer document was an “old document”
Michael Gove to television cameras

18 AUGUST 2019
The Operation Yellowhammer document was “deliberately leaked by a former minister in an attempt to influence discussions with EU leaders”
Number 10 briefing to journalists

11 AUGUST 2019
“Nothing can stop us now”
“No 10 aides”, to the Sun on Sunday

8 AUGUST 2019
“They tell me that they are literally only a few years away from being able to provide UK made fusion reactors for sale around the world”
Boris Johnson, live video on Facebook

8 AUGUST 2019
There is “nothing” MPs can do to stop a no-deal Brexit on October 31
Dominic Cummings, to The Daily Telegraph

5 AUGUST 2019
“I want to stress, this is new money. This is new money”
Boris Johnson, announcing £1.8 billion for the NHS

2 AUGUST 2019
“I have never said I’m an active supporter”
Priti Patel on capital punishment, Daily Mail interview

29 JULY 2019
“We made clear” during the Brexit campaign that a no-deal Brexit was a possibility
Dominic Raab, Today programme

25 JULY 2019
“The way we reduced knife crime in London was by a very active policy of stop and search”
Boris Johnson to Parliament, first statement to the commons as prime minister

25 JULY 2019
“We kept the murder rate in London at fewer than 100 for more than four or five years running”
Boris Johnson to Parliament, first statement to the commons as prime minister

17 JULY 2019
“He has had his costs massively increased by Brussels bureaucrats who have insisted that each kipper must be accompanied by this, a plastic ice pillow”
Boris Johnson, final leadership hustings, London

26 JUNE 2019
Chances of a no-deal Brexit are “a million-to-one against”
Boris Johnson, leadership hustings in London

25 JUNE 2019
“We are getting ready to come out on October the 31st ... do or die, come what may”
Boris Johnson, TalkRadio interview

24 JUNE 2019
There are “abundant technical fixes” for the Irish border

12 JUNE 2019
“There may be bumps in the road” with no deal
Boris Johnson, speech launching Tory leadership campaign

3 JUNE 2019
“It is an extraordinary fact that this country is forecast in our lifetimes to become the largest and most prosperous economy in this hemisphere”
Boris Johnson, The Daily Telegraph

15 APRIL 2019
“As for the so-called association with Steve Bannon, I am afraid this is a lefty delusion whose spores continue to breed in the Twittersphere”
Boris Johnson, The Daily Telegraph

18 JANUARY 2019
“I didn’t make any remarks about Turkey, mate”
Boris Johnson, press conference at JCB headquarters

7 JANUARY 2019
“Of all the options suggested by pollsters — staying in the EU, coming out on Theresa May’ terms, or coming out on World Trade terms — it is the last, the so-called no deal option, that is… by some margin preferred by the British public”
Boris Johnson The Daily Telegraph

22 NOVEMBER 2018
“Terrific figures out today show GP numbers rose by over a thousand from June-Sept this year”
Matt Hancock, Twitter

9 JULY 2018
“EU regulations stop us lowering lorry windows to help cyclists”
Boris Johnson, letter of resignation as foreign secretary

6 APRIL 2016
“The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want”
Michael Gove, speech at Vote Leave H

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #470 on April 18, 2021, 11:15:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Skippy, do you support Donny Rovers because Rotherham United are shit?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #471 on April 18, 2021, 11:16:23 pm by SydneyRover »
And you'll have to admit these two are real corkers aye?

26 JANUARY 2016
Brexit will leave the Irish border “absolutely unchanged”

8 OCTOBER 2015
“We send the EU £350m a week”
Vote Leave slogan, launch video

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #472 on April 18, 2021, 11:20:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Stop skipping questions, Skippy! Do you support Donny Rovers because Rotherham United are shit?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #473 on April 18, 2021, 11:22:21 pm by SydneyRover »
Wrong forum Simon

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #474 on April 18, 2021, 11:30:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Wrong country Skippy

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #475 on April 18, 2021, 11:32:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Wrong miserable attitude Simon

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #476 on April 18, 2021, 11:42:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's probably because you're homesick, Skippy. You'll get over it. It's good to talk.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #477 on April 18, 2021, 11:50:22 pm by belton rover »
What is your point. Sydney?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on April 19, 2021, 12:01:59 am by SydneyRover »
I thought it would be obvious even to you belton

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #479 on April 19, 2021, 12:35:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
What's wrong Skippy, has someone fallen down the Well?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012