Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:17:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worst thing about today...  (Read 6452 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Worst thing about today...
« Reply #30 on April 05, 2021, 05:26:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
No-one is playing for Butler, its obvious, why not advertise for a new manager now, all this navel gazing is pointless?

^^

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 05, 2021, 05:33:00 pm by MachoMadness »
Most of the players and butler look like they know they won't be here next season. We obviously won't sack butler but the recruitment process simply must start very soon. We can't have another summer of constant turmoil.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 05, 2021, 05:34:59 pm by tommy toes »
That was completely unacceptable.

All the loan players should be sent home ASAP.
Fej Lokilo and Bogle should have their contracts paid up. Hopeless the lot of em.
I'd keep
Jones
Halliday
James
Copps
Horton
Bostock
Taylor
Wright
Anderson
And get a new manager to sign some players who'll show some fight.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 05, 2021, 05:41:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Fej Lokilo and Bogle should have their contracts paid up. Hopeless the lot of em.
I'd keep
Jones
Halliday
James
Copps
Horton
Bostock
Taylor
Wright
Anderson

Why are you sending away our top scorer? :lol: This is why fans don't have a say.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 05, 2021, 05:44:33 pm by redwine »
Is it just me, but I'd overlooked the fact we had a game this afternoon. Seems I'm as disinterested as some of the players.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 05, 2021, 05:44:47 pm by Bessie Red »
That’s just how I feel Billy. It’s not a good feeling. It’s been crap for a while, but we look utterly clueless now.
Who’s to blame for this Butler or the Players ?
Both

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 05, 2021, 05:46:35 pm by Cramby10 »
How can anyone stick the boot into the strikers when we create absolutely f**k all?? We could have Ronaldo and Messi up top and wouldn’t score much! The so called wingers can’t beat a man and are terrified of crossing and the lazy arsed Taylor Richards is too damn greedy.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 05, 2021, 05:47:04 pm by RoversAlias »
Why John Coleman's name keeps being suggested is beyond me. Not only is he basically an Accrington lifer, but his brand of football is horrendous to watch. Our fans will not accept the dirge he serves up, regardless of whether or not we get a few wins. We won't be going into the Championship with a manager like that in charge of Rovers. No way.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 05, 2021, 05:51:13 pm by Bessie Red »

I'd keep
Jones
Halliday
James
Copps
Horton
Bostock
Taylor
Wright
Anderson

Bit unfair on Lokilo.
He has been the only promising thing over the last few games. Thought he was the only one trying to make something happen in the final third today.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 05, 2021, 05:52:34 pm by Cramby10 »

I'd keep
Jones
Halliday
James
Copps
Horton
Bostock
Taylor
Wright
Anderson

Bit unfair on Lokilo.
He has been the only promising thing over the last few games. Thought he was the only one trying to make something happen in the final third today.
give up. He’s bobbins.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 05, 2021, 05:53:01 pm by GazLaz »
Why John Coleman's name keeps being suggested is beyond me. Not only is he basically an Accrington lifer, but his brand of football is horrendous to watch. Our fans will not accept the dirge he serves up, regardless of whether or not we get a few wins. We won't be going into the Championship with a manager like that in charge of Rovers. No way.

This. They played well against us and everyone thinks he’s the answer. If he’s the answer we need to reword the question.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 05, 2021, 05:53:07 pm by Filo »

I'd keep
Jones
Halliday
James
Copps
Horton
Bostock
Taylor
Wright
Anderson

Bit unfair on Lokilo.

I think we fooled ourselves when we all said Lokilo has pace, I’ve yet to see him take a Full Back on and beat him

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 05, 2021, 05:57:02 pm by graingrover »
They are the same players who won nine games out of ten BUT stripped of belief and motivation and anyone who has a worked in any organisation which has lost it’s leadership knows what happens .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 05, 2021, 05:57:18 pm by GazLaz »
Lokilo is a decent young player. He’s played 20 odd games in his career and will go on to play at a higher level than this.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 05, 2021, 06:03:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
On the basis of 20 odd games, he has zero end product. In fact, when he gets into a position where he might deliver an end product, he goes back on himself, so probably has a less than zero end product.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:10:31 pm by Chris Black come back »

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 05, 2021, 06:07:12 pm by Lifelong supporter »
It is starting to feel like supporting the Rovers in the 70s and 80s. You know, when a good game was only being 2-0 down at halftime..

We were promoted twice in the 80s and got to the final of the Youth Cup...don't remember too many complaints then.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 05, 2021, 06:09:32 pm by the vicar »
We have no passion for the game they seem to think every player has the same colour shirt on as we do lol we keep giving away silly free kicks and no fight

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 05, 2021, 06:11:34 pm by the vicar »
They are the same players who won nine games out of ten BUT stripped of belief and motivation and anyone who has a worked in any organisation which has lost it’s leadership knows what happens .
yes but then we had the hunger and the passion for it then

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 05, 2021, 06:12:44 pm by Retdon1 »
Lokilo is a decent young player. He’s played 20 odd games in his career and will go on to play at a higher level than this.

Couldn’t disagree more. He’s not shown one single glimpse that he will go on to play at a higher level. He’s Alex Kiwomya Mark 2

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 05, 2021, 06:14:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’s got more about him than Kiwomya. Not least 20 odd appearances for us. Illness or something else, Kiwomya has to have ended up as one of the worst signings in our recent history.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 05, 2021, 06:14:19 pm by GazLaz »

Couldn’t disagree more. He’s not shown one single glimpse that he will go on to play at a higher level. He’s Alex Kiwomya Mark 2

He showed the only spark in the second half with the shot cleared off the line. He’s ok.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 05, 2021, 07:11:02 pm by 5 on Tour »
Today was the first game I haven’t ordered during Covid. I simply couldn’t bring myself to watch another turgid performance from a group of players who quite obviously don’t care(a few exceptions at times).

I can cope with losing but this isn’t losing - it’s just giving it away without giving 2 sh1ts.

I’m embarrassed. The players should be ashamed. Butler can’t be blamed as he shouldn’t be in charge in the first place. I love our board but this experiment has failed and they have to accept it was a mistake.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 05, 2021, 07:14:53 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Imagine if fans were in and we had this form. I always thought having fans out would help with removing confidence when form got like this but obviously not. Or it could be so much worse if fans were in

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 05, 2021, 07:20:08 pm by normal rules »
The boo boys would be out In Force for sure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 05, 2021, 07:21:50 pm by drfchound »
Is it just me, but I'd overlooked the fact we had a game this afternoon. Seems I'm as disinterested as some of the players.

It’s just you.   ;)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 05, 2021, 07:33:01 pm by idler »

It’s just you.   ;)
I more or less did the same. I went over to the daughter's to do some DIY. Not seen her for a while. Completely forgot about the game until I got home at 4:30 and the iPad pinged and among the unread messages were the goals scored in the game. I listened to the last ten minutes or so and it sounded dire.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 05, 2021, 08:10:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Barton had his side fired up including trying to get away with the dirty side of play - no surprise but the ref was complicit with this. The way their player followed through on John sticking his face in, or was it even a headbut? I think should have been a straight red.

A few other fouls should have been yellows, one possibly a red. The time wasting should have been punished too, and I'd expect at least a report from the ref about the various incidents where the ball was knocked away by the ball boy(?), the guy behind their goal, and even the guy in their technical area who knocked the ball away before our throw near the end.

But, the tactics worked as we increasingly lost our way. That should never happen, and that problem lies squarely at the feet of Butler.

Having said that, the team mostly played like a disjointed side of strangers, though with constant changes over recent months, that's no great surprise but is worse than I'd expect. Passing was appalling. Agree about Richards, he needs a rocket.

This all went pear shaped a few weeks before DM left. I don't believe we know the full story.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 05, 2021, 08:21:41 pm by normal rules »
The dark Arts, as Butler described it, is not a new thing. The rovers players were niaive today if they thought a Joey Barton Team would employ any other tactic. Copps knew this and referenced Gillingham and Barton’s ex Fleetwood team.
No excuse today. Football and teamwork overcomes this. To suggest the ref was complicit is desperate. Bogle could have easily seen red on another day with a diff ref.
Just another poor performance, by a group of players (not a team) lacking in confidence, motivation and effort. Simple as.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 05, 2021, 09:04:14 pm by redwine »

It’s just you.   ;)

At least I did something constructive with my time..

I'll see your winky face and raise it with

; :byebye:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 05, 2021, 09:36:36 pm by ravenrover »
The boo boys would be out In Force for sure.
They are, on here

TinyPortal © 2005-2012