Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:12:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worst thing about today...  (Read 6448 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Worst thing about today...
« on April 05, 2021, 05:02:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not shocked, surprised or even disappointed how utterly dreadful that was.

I expected it.

I've got used to seeing players going through the motions with absolutely no belief or semblance of a plan.

We've just played a side who will be lucky not to be in the bottom half of L2 next season. And we have been second best everywhere across the pitch.

And I expected it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Worst thing about today...
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2021, 05:05:03 pm by Chris the Rover »
That’s just how I feel Billy. It’s not a good feeling. It’s been crap for a while, but we look utterly clueless now.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2021, 05:07:07 pm by normal rules »
On that performance I’d say BR will get themselves safe. A bunch of players who have been poor for sure, but I could see some fight and leadership on the field today from them. They were the better team on the day. They looked dangerous going forward. They made space where rovers could not.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2021, 05:07:54 pm by Avsuptem »
Worst thing I saw, apart from the whole game, was losing possession from a dribbled free kick on the halfway line  leading to their 2nd goal. Absolutely inexcusable kiddies football error.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2021, 05:08:41 pm by GazLaz »
It’s painful to watch. The (main) issues are obvious to me. We need someone screening the back four, James is the only one who is up to that job I think. We also need Fej up top so we can try and slide balls in behind to push teams back. Just look at his movement for his disallowed goal, he’s good. Bogle just stands on the penalty spot waving his arms around 90% of the time. He never looks like scoring.

Fulham Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 05, 2021, 05:09:04 pm by Fulham Rover »
To add to a terribly depressing result, my worry is that given the board have gambled with the clubs finances having thrown money at Moore during the January window, in the hope of some return by promotion or a good play-off run, but now with neither of those options remotely likely and given the ongoing lack of money coming through the turnstiles I worry about our financial standing for future seasons.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2021, 05:09:36 pm by wing commander »
Frankly Bentley u12 would look good against this shower..Frankly none of them seem to give a toss..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2021, 05:09:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
On that performance I’d say BR will get themselves safe. A bunch of players who have been poor for sure, but I could see some fight and leadership on the field today from them. They were the better team on the day. They looked dangerous going forward. They made space where rovers could not.

They were hard working but very poor. They won't have the benefit of coming up against an opposition as clueless and passionless as us again.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2021, 05:10:18 pm by mjg »
The worse thing about today is we got beat by rubbish team who shouldn’t be lasing our boots

Southboy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2021, 05:10:26 pm by Southboy »
It is starting to feel like supporting the Rovers in the 70s and 80s. You know, when a good game was only being 2-0 down at halftime..

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 05, 2021, 05:11:20 pm by mjg »
We have too many players who couldn’t care less

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2021, 05:12:52 pm by EasyforDennis »
It’s painful to watch. The (main) issues are obvious to me. We need someone screening the back four, James is the only one who is up to that job I think. We also need Fej up top so we can try and slide balls in behind to push teams back. Just look at his movement for his disallowed goal, he’s good. Bogle just stands on the penalty spot waving his arms around 90% of the time. He never looks like scoring.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Fej and Bogle next season so the future doesn't look promising.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2021, 05:13:09 pm by since-1969 »
That’s just how I feel Billy. It’s not a good feeling. It’s been crap for a while, but we look utterly clueless now.
Who’s to blame for this Butler or the Players ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2021, 05:14:50 pm by Chris Black come back »

That's fine, but they need to stop giving Fej the ball with his back to goal. He is a total disaster zone when he gets the ball there. If we can learn to put balls in behind, he can't be any worse surely. The only question would be that Fej doesn't have real pace.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2021, 05:15:01 pm by PDX_Rover »
Posted this in the Lucky Pint but wanted to share again. Well... I don’t know what is going on. What I do know is that we lost our Captain and best player. Huge loss, in hindsight. And then Moore... for all his postering about grassroots, The Club Doncaster ethos and building something special, f**ked off at the first opportunity. I don’t think the owners and the board are the issue. They continued to support the manager in transfer dealings. It’s a labour of love putting your own money in year upon year.

Those were two big blows for the club though. Nothing could be done to stop either.

Clearly, the Andy Butler thing is disastrous. Yes, we were on a poor run under Moore but what is in front of is now is appalling.

This group of players is, in my opinion, well capable of the playoffs. For whatever reasons, the wheels are off and the play is embarrassing.

You have to lay this at the door of the manager. Plain and simple. There’s no point continuing this path. This season is just about dead for us.

I’d look to appoint a new manager within the next week or two.

For me it has to be Stendel. Get him in. Transition with Butler. Get Butler back playing. Get the contracts sorted. Let the new manager get planning.

We may get a new manager bounce as this squad has not become shite overnight. But the Whiteman  role needs sorting.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2021, 05:15:01 pm by EasyforDennis »

Don't forget Moore who saddled us with most of this crap.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2021, 05:15:56 pm by phil o sophical »
We didn't exactly set the world alight under Moore for his last few games in charge

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2021, 05:16:19 pm by keith79 »
Jo
how long do you give butt's before its his fault

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 05, 2021, 05:16:30 pm by drfchound »

Some might blame Halliday.  ;) :chair:

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2021, 05:16:41 pm by Prez »

Moore is.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 05, 2021, 05:18:07 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Absolutely dreadful. Yes I feared the worst. However we MUST get a word from the board hopefully asap to say we are advertising for a new manager. Then we can make an approach to Accrington to speak to Coleman, for example, asap, and get someone in before ST applications  dive bomb ..Its hardly a good sign to promote them is it just now?

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 05, 2021, 05:18:14 pm by bigbadjack »
Both

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 05, 2021, 05:18:23 pm by Getridorit »
I'm not shocked, surprised or even disappointed how utterly dreadful that was.

I expected it.

I've got used to seeing players going through the motions with absolutely no belief or semblance of a plan.

We've just played a side who will be lucky not to be in the bottom half of L2 next season. And we have been second best everywhere across the pitch.

And I expected it.
Feel sick about it, worse for me is that the club are just accepting it

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 05, 2021, 05:18:31 pm by Donnywolf »
The worse thing about today is we got beat by rubbish team who shouldn’t be lasing our boots

... and had to watch them, their Staff and even a ball boy time wasting most of second half with a Ref totally prepared to let them do it

Also allowed numerous cynical trips when our players "outpaced" them esp in 1st half

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 05, 2021, 05:18:49 pm by EasyforDennis »
Posted this in the Lucky Pint but wanted to share again. Well... I don’t know what is going on. What I do know is that we lost our Captain and best player. Huge loss, in hindsight. And then Moore... for all his postering about grassroots, The Club Doncaster ethos and building something special, f**ked off at the first opportunity. I don’t think the owners and the board are the issue. They continued to support the manager in transfer dealings. It’s a labour of love putting your own money in year upon year.

Those were two big blows for the club though. Nothing could be done to stop either.

Clearly, the Andy Butler thing is disastrous. Yes, we were on a poor run under Moore but what is in front of is now is appalling.

This group of players is, in my opinion, well capable of the playoffs. For whatever reasons, the wheels are off and the play is embarrassing.

You have to lay this at the door of the manager. Plain and simple. There’s no point continuing this path. This season is just about dead for us.

For me it has to be Stendel. Get him in. Transition with Butler. Get Butler back playing. Get the contracts sorted. Let the new manager get planning.

We may get a new manager bounce as this squad has not become shite overnight. But the Whiteman  role needs sorting.

I would question. Are the players playing for the manager because it certainly doesn't look like they are.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 05, 2021, 05:21:08 pm by mjg »
3 months ago we would have hammered that shower, so what’s changed

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 05, 2021, 05:21:46 pm by StocksArmy »

I would question. Are the players playing for the manager because it certainly doesn't look like they are.

If they arent then they need publicly ousting. Every single one of them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 05, 2021, 05:22:07 pm by drfchound »
Absolutely dreadful. Yes I feared the worst. However we MUST get a word from the board hopefully asap to say we are advertising for a new manager. Then we can make an approach to Accrington to speak to Coleman, for example, asap, and get someone in before ST applications  dive bomb ..Its hardly a good sign to promote them is it just now?

I have had a ST for many years but what with the break for COVID and now this stuff that we are having to put up with it is making me think that is it worth having one again.
I won’t be the only one.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 05, 2021, 05:23:46 pm by sheffield exile1 »
No-one is playing for Butler, its obvious, why not advertise for a new manager now, all this navel gazing is pointless?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 05, 2021, 05:25:15 pm by LincsRover »
We lost today against a really sh*t team who will not be in this league next season. We actually made them look good, which took a hell of a lot of doing! Worst of all, thug boy Barton will be smiling tonight thinking he’s gone a job on us - he didn’t, we did!! Ffs!! I’m just glad we’re safe this season and have time to build for next season. Such a shame as we were in a great position and what a waste! Can’t see us picking up any points for the rest of the season! Gutted!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012