Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 07:45:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bogle  (Read 4824 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Bogle
« Reply #30 on April 05, 2021, 08:10:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I think he thinks he's better than he is and the rest of the team way he reacts

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 05, 2021, 08:13:19 pm by pigeonhole »
I think he’s a player. A bloody good one. But we’ve been so abject going forward we could have Messi and Ronaldo up top and they wouldn’t score.
I’m sorry, but this is so wrong. Midfield players need to see movement into space to make the pass. There is no movement. Crosses into the box need to be attacked. There’s no desire from anyone to get into the box, least of all the one centre forward who trots around hoping something will fall for him. His goal scoring record is abysmal because he’s got no desire to score goals.

I agree our build up play is pedestrian but it’s because nothing is happening in front of the ball.

Remember this? https://youtu.be/9ZtFhlsxcbo

Pace. Skill. Movement.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 05, 2021, 08:31:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
When he first joined, Bogle was a revelation. He was superb at holding up the ball and bringing in other players. Top class line-leading. Granted, results weren't good as the defence imploded after Anderson's injury, but Bogle was one of the few bright spots. Our kid an me would regularly say it was like he had velcro boots, the way that any ball hammered up to him would stick, regardless of the pressure from the defenders.

Last 2-3 weeks, he has been dreadful. No movement, no holding up the ball, no bringing in other players. The reason is anyone's guess. Coming back from his knock and not being sharp? His attitude? The set up of the team? But to say he's been shit since we signed him, as some are doing, is flat wrong.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 05, 2021, 08:46:26 pm by GazLaz »
When he first joined, Bogle was a revelation. He was superb at holding up the ball and bringing in other players. Top class line-leading. Granted, results weren't good as the defence imploded after Anderson's injury, but Bogle was one of the few bright spots. Our kid an me would regularly say it was like he had velcro boots, the way that any ball hammered up to him would stick, regardless of the pressure from the defenders.

Last 2-3 weeks, he has been dreadful. No movement, no holding up the ball, no bringing in other players. The reason is anyone's guess. Coming back from his knock and not being sharp? His attitude? The set up of the team? But to say he's been shit since we signed him, as some are doing, is flat wrong.

Bits of hold up play here and there were ok don’t get me wrong but I can only liken him to what I thought when I first saw Ian Lawlor. Looks like a footballer, got the body language that indicates he knows what he’s doing, has a convincing confidence, but when it comes to it they are complete bluffers.

I saw it when he played for Charlton. Bowyer fell for it then couldn’t wait to get rid of him after a few months and then we steamed in and gave him a two year deal. I said he was bad news when he first signed and now we are lumbered with him. The signing set off massive alarm bells with me because whoever made the decision, probably Moore, hadn’t watched him this season. Impossible. He’s given his mate a contract and then f**ked off.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 05, 2021, 09:21:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Richards was one of our better players till about 11 games ago, after Sunderland, and since then he's not shone - only 5 votes on the mom in that. Before then he had 190 votes in 24 games.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 05, 2021, 09:42:22 pm by Chris Black come back »

Bits of hold up play here and there were ok don’t get me wrong but I can only liken him to what I thought when I first saw Ian Lawlor. Looks like a footballer, got the body language that indicates he knows what he’s doing, has a convincing confidence, but when it comes to it they are complete bluffers.

I saw it when he played for Charlton. Bowyer fell for it then couldn’t wait to get rid of him after a few months and then we steamed in and gave him a two year deal. I said he was bad news when he first signed and now we are lumbered with him. The signing set off massive alarm bells with me because whoever made the decision, probably Moore, hadn’t watched him this season. Impossible. He’s given his mate a contract and then f**ked off.

Thought exactly the same about Lawlor that he looked a real steal, until about his second or third game. Was blinded by the fact he had been at City.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 05, 2021, 09:46:58 pm by GazLaz »

Thought exactly the same about Lawlor that he looked a real steal, until about his second or third game. Was blinded by the fact he had been at City.

He had the body language of a good, confident player. Looked the part, absolute charlatan.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 05, 2021, 11:04:18 pm by RoversAlias »
I think your bang on Gaz with this.

BST, I don't remember Bogle ever being a revelation. He was decent in some games, was fantastic against Plymouth but on the whole what has he ever done to stand out as a step up? Okenabirhie is in double figures for goals playing up front on his own, Bogle has scored only one or two. His hold up play has not helped us at all, and in recent games it has been atrocious.

Several times I've seen him about a yard from a pass into the box but he just doesn't move towards it or try to create space or anything.

I can't remember if it was you BST who said he was our best hold-up player ever or not, but either way he doesn't hold a candle to Chris Brown or a number of others. He has got a long, long way to go to meet that standard.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 06, 2021, 07:44:09 am by Padge_DRFC »
His head in hands moments at balls into the box are the equivalent of. If only I'd made that run. Hopefully Cheltenham take him off our hands with the rest of our previous league 2 standard players

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 06, 2021, 07:51:40 am by Filo »
One moment stood out for me yesterday, a ball came in low and hard from our right, around the 6 yard line, the defender was slightly ahead of Bogle and between the ball in and Bogle, the obvious run for Bogle to make would be to get across and in front of the defender. He just stayed where he was and an easy clearance for the defender

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 06, 2021, 08:04:17 am by Chris Black come back »
I don’t think this is absolutely deadly as we did well with Marquis for a number of seasons and he had no pace, but who was the last striker we had with genuine pace? Maybe Tyson.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 06, 2021, 10:05:06 am by mjg »
At least he tries , I could mention a couple who don’t , it doesn’t take many players in a team to be lazy off the ball and you won’t win a game of football, how many time did you see cops back defending, beating the so called midfield anchor man back , and I don’t mean smith because that lad works his socks off

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 06, 2021, 10:07:43 am by Spud »
What annoyed me was how many times he was out on the touchline, on one occasion he was going for the same ball as Copps near the corner. It reminded me of watching Harry Kane putting crosses in for England (when he wasn't in centre mid), who do they expect to be on the end of crosses?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 06, 2021, 10:35:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
What annoyed me was how many times he was out on the touchline, on one occasion he was going for the same ball as Copps near the corner. It reminded me of watching Harry Kane putting crosses in for England (when he wasn't in centre mid), who do they expect to be on the end of crosses?

That's another symptom of the organisation of our play falling apart. Centre forwards throughout time have gone looking for the ball when they are getting no service.

Filo. I know the cross you are on about (after about 20 mins of the first half, cross from the right)  and I thought the same as you on first watching. So I rewound and watched it several times again. In fairness, from the starting positions, Bogle had no chance of getting in from of the defender. Maybe he should have been anticipating a second or two earlier and making that run, but from where he was, he made the right decision to drop off behind the defender as the cross came in. As it turned out, the defender made a superb interception, but if the cross had been a foot higher, Bogle was unmarked on the 6 yard line and we'd have been saying how well he read the situation.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 06, 2021, 11:45:40 am by drfchound »

That's another symptom of the organisation of our play falling apart. Centre forwards throughout time have gone looking for the ball when they are getting no service.

Filo. I know the cross you are on about (after about 20 mins of the first half, cross from the right)  and I thought the same as you on first watching. So I rewound and watched it several times again. In fairness, from the starting positions, Bogle had no chance of getting in from of the defender. Maybe he should have been anticipating a second or two earlier and making that run, but from where he was, he made the right decision to drop off behind the defender as the cross came in. As it turned out, the defender made a superb interception, but if the cross had been a foot higher, Bogle was unmarked on the 6 yard line and we'd have been saying how well he read the situation.

I agree with that assessment BST.
I also remember it as you do.
The striker only gets the one chance to take a gamble on where to go and sometimes just being in the wrong stride or direction to begin with will determine which option you take.
As you say, it was a brilliant bit of defending which denied him.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 06, 2021, 01:19:22 pm by DMnumber4 »

For this, see Simoes  :facepalm:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 08, 2021, 11:41:59 am by the vicar »
I think he’s a player. A bloody good one. But we’ve been so abject going forward we could have Messi and Ronaldo up top and they wouldn’t score.
I’m sorry, but this is so wrong. Midfield players need to see movement into space to make the pass. There is no movement. Crosses into the box need to be attacked. There’s no desire from anyone to get into the box, least of all the one centre forward who trots around hoping something will fall for him. His goal scoring record is abysmal because he’s got no desire to score goals.

I agree our build up play is pedestrian but it’s because nothing is happening in front of the ball.

Remember this? https://youtu.be/9ZtFhlsxcbo

Pace. Skill. Movement.
there is lots more passion in that game than in all the games since

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 10, 2021, 06:11:51 pm by RoversAlias »
How did he play for 90 minutes today? And I do use the word "play" extraordinarily loosely.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 10, 2021, 06:16:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Garbage again.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 10, 2021, 06:22:35 pm by GazLaz »
I was just being negative when I flagged the issue up on day one. I watched this same performance every week at Charlton. Impossible that anyone watched him play this season an made the decision to sign him, impossible.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 10, 2021, 06:27:54 pm by eastender »
Omar has kindly donated his Match worn boots from this afternoons game.
 They will go to the person who comes closest to guessing there weight.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 10, 2021, 06:35:28 pm by Move DRFC »
He’s total f**king garbage.

Thomas and Bingham are both better.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 10, 2021, 07:14:18 pm by jmt23 »
He was very good for a few games initially but, he hasn’t had a run of games anywhere for a while- and just like the rest of the team he looks totally shot of confidence.
His body language tells you how hard he is on himself, always looking like every chance missed is the end of the world.
I think with the right team creating and actually crossing the ball, he would be decent.

We don’t create enough for strikers in this team and never have.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 10, 2021, 07:46:21 pm by StocksArmy »
Ill accept defeat on this one. Ive backed him massively on here but hes an absolute powder puff shower of sh!t picking a wage up.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 10, 2021, 07:50:36 pm by normal rules »
I had hopes that he would be another JET.
He isn’t.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 10, 2021, 08:29:33 pm by Retdon1 »
I was just being negative when I flagged the issue up on day one. I watched this same performance every week at Charlton. Impossible that anyone watched him play this season an made the decision to sign him, impossible.

Out of interest how many games do you watch ?  I’m sure I’ve seen you say you’ve watched All of another’s clubs games this season too

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 10, 2021, 08:40:27 pm by eastender »
Am i right in thinking that Bogel and Okenabirhie are both contracted for next season, so will be our main strike force .
If so i can't see us mounting a serious threat to the top 6 .

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 10, 2021, 08:40:55 pm by goalkick »
Not sure he played today as hardly mentioned by commentator.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 10, 2021, 08:42:38 pm by mushRTID »
Cards on the table with GazLaz
From memory he makes some bold, wild claims at times (sharp not getting 10 goals for example)

I think he was right on this occasion. Bogle is hopeless

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 10, 2021, 08:46:45 pm by mjg »
Useless

TinyPortal © 2005-2012